It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Faith Alone" can not be "The Way"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Akragon

The Samaritans believed in Jesus because of His words, not His works (miracles)... see John 3 and 4. Jesus said on numerous occasions that those who believe in Him have eternal life. Paul was only reiterating what Jesus said. It was the Jews who used Jesus as a means to an end, such as healing and feeding them. Then, only after seeing His miracles, did some of them believe, but not all.

He also said "the words i speak, they are spirit and life"

IF one believes in him they will do as he asked of us... Love others, give freely without expectation, forgive, an have mercy...

Words with out actions mean nothing...

One can say "i believe" but what is the evidence of that belief?

It can only be shown with actions, or it is just empty words

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

. . . a person who is truly justified by faith will have good works . . .
This is mixing up terminology from two different writers, James and Paul, and making a mash-up.
"Works" mean two things to them.
Paul means the works of the old written Mosaic Law.
James means Christian works of charity.

Also you need to get a clear definition of this word, justified.
Medieval and Reformation theology might tell you this elaborate story of being "declared" righteous and having it "imputed" to you, but it is the product of imagination, and not a biblical teaching.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Akragon

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Akragon

The Samaritans believed in Jesus because of His words, not His works (miracles)... see John 3 and 4. Jesus said on numerous occasions that those who believe in Him have eternal life. Paul was only reiterating what Jesus said. It was the Jews who used Jesus as a means to an end, such as healing and feeding them. Then, only after seeing His miracles, did some of them believe, but not all.

IF one believes in him they will do as he asked of us... Love others, give freely without expectation, forgive, an have mercy...

Here is a concept for you. Are your words actions if other people manifest them?
I don't think words are empty myself, but they can be shallow. If you could make posts that give other people understanding while not doing much at all yourself, that has got to count for something to you doesn't it?

Just think if the media was used to brainwash people, it stands to reason it can be used to reverse the effects.

As far as I know an "action" is the resulting effect from a cause, which is just an idea.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Good so we agree, Faith alone is not enough
Faith gets you into the faith, and it's still a long way from heaven, with no free ride.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus

Akragon

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Akragon

Here is a concept for you. Are your words actions if other people manifest them?
I don't think words are empty myself, but they can be shallow. If you could make posts that give other people understanding while not doing much at all yourself, that has got to count for something to you doesn't it?

Just think if the media was used to brainwash people, it stands to reason it can be used to reverse the effects.

As far as I know an "action" is the resulting effect from a cause, which is just an idea.

IF i post that i believe in Jesus and how he told us to live... And did nothing in my life that showed that belief... Those words are empty, and meaningless

If i tell people i love my neighbour as myself, then in real life turn those in need away... Those words i spoke are meaningless... And empty

Do as i say, not as i do is something you can expect from the OT god... I believe Jesus would hold himself to a higher standard as you can clearly read in the gospels... He leads by example... Not just by words

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What if someone reads your post, likes it and goes and kills their evil sinful neighbour lol. Are you suggesting there is no possibility of this occurring?

What if I upset someone and they go do something silly? I already made at least one psi op agent break down and humiliate themselves publicly

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus
reply to post by Akragon

What if someone reads your post, likes it and goes and kills their evil sinful neighbour lol. Are you suggesting there is no possibility of this occurring?

What if I upset someone and they go do something silly? I already made at least one psi op agent break down and humiliate themselves publicly

If someone reads my post then runs off and kills someone.... Said person has pre-existing issues that needed dealing with long before they read my post...

And if that happens... That person is clearly not reading what i am saying here

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Akragon

UltraverseMaximus
reply to post by Akragon

If someone reads my post then runs off and kills someone.... Said person has pre-existing issues that needed dealing with long before they read my post...

And if that happens... That person is clearly not reading what i am saying here

It doesn't really matter does it if you are the catalyst to an effect (you are not in control of how other people receive your words). Your post sounds inconsiderate to your previous beliefs expressed. Doesn't sound forgiving to me, sounds rather arrogant and a little disrespectful to people with mental conditions.
What I find with religions is they can get stuck on pride.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

Well you think whatever you like...

As i've said previously... This person had issues before reading said imaginary post of mine

If my words affect this person in such a profound way... And this person does not know me from a hole in the ground...

Ya... Dude had issues before reading my post

And in fact i find your post rather amusing considering were talking about someone who doesn't exist

LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There is only one example of ANY man believing in Jesus without hearing about his "work" before hand... Only John the Baptist believed who he was before any work, but that was because John was Elijah reincarnated and recognised the Lord from before his incarnation as John... By Jesus' own words...

Actually, i think you are wrong. Prophet Elijah did not die to begin with.

Elijah, in company with Elisha (Eliseus), approaches the Jordan. He rolls up his mantle and strikes the water (2 Kings 2:8). The water immediately divides and Elijah and Elisha cross on dry land. Suddenly, a chariot of fire and horses of fire appear and Elijah is lifted up in a whirlwind. As Elijah is lifted up, his mantle falls to the ground and Elisha picks it up.

So how he can be reincarnated ?

Faith alone is a position held by many Christian denominations... these of course are based around Paul and his letters...

Actually it´s also evident in the OT. Like the Prophet Elijah.

After Elijah's confrontation with Ahab, God tells him to flee out of Israel, to a hiding place by the brook Cherith, east of the Jordan, where he will be fed by ravens. When the brook dries up, God sends him to a widow living in the town of Zarephatho in Phoenicia. When Elijah finds her and asks to be fed, she says that she does not have sufficient food to keep her and her own son alive. Elijah tells her that God will not allow her supply of flour or oil to run out, saying, "Don't be afraid..this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: 'The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the Lord gives rain on the land." She feeds him the last of their food, and Elijah's promise miraculously comes true;thus, by an act of faith the woman received the promised blessing. God gave her "manna" from heaven even while he was withholding food from his unfaithful people in the promised land. Some time later the widow's son dies and the widow cries, "Did you come to remind me of my sin and kill my son?" Moved by a faith like that of Abraham (Romans 4:17, Hebrews 11:19), Elijah prays that God might restore her son so that the veracity and trustworthiness of God's word might be demonstrated. 1 Kings 17:22 relates how God "heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived." This is the first instance of raising the dead recorded in Scripture.This non-Israelite widow was granted the best covenant blessing in the person of her son, the only hope for a widow in ancient society. The widow cried, "...the word of the Lord from your mouth is the truth." She made a confession that the Israelites had failed to make.

See my friend. Faith is that what the woman had.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The chart was good though wasn't it lol

I cant really prove that you exist as more than 1.6v of electricity so fair call. I mean there are words assembled on my screen and everything, but I have chatted with AI before on the computer so, there is that

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Actually, i think you are wrong. Prophet Elijah did not die to begin with.

So how he can be reincarnated ?

yeah I know the story... but you see I prefer reality

Despite what the bible says, he died... just like every man before him, and every man after him

Actually it´s also evident in the OT. Like the Prophet Elijah.

We're not talking about the OT, or the god of said books....

notice the title says Faith alone can not be The Way... the way that was unknown until Jesus

See my friend. Faith is that what the woman had.

And did she not give up her last bit of food to someone who was in need?

That is a work of the spirit my friend... Faith alone can not be "The Way"

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

UltraverseMaximus
reply to post by Akragon

I cant really prove that you exist as more than 1.6v of electricity so fair call. I mean there are words assembled on my screen and everything, but I have chatted with AI before on the computer so, there is that

And for some reason I don't believe what I say will make you want to blow your head off...

ye know?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Akragon

UltraverseMaximus
reply to post by Akragon

And for some reason I don't believe what I say will make you want to blow your head off...

ye know?

Me, nah I like living. But my head already blew up
ya know

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Paul does not say you can go to heaven on "faith" alone. Paul says that if you are in "The Spirit" , only then, are you justified by Faith because when you live by "The Spirit" you are not living in sin by "The Body" since "Spirit" and "Body" are against each other.

Galatians 5:17-18
For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

kauskau
The bible is a code...It would have been destroyed if it would have been said in a clear way.

IAM the way.

IAM is the way. (not jesus-> IAM).

IAM THE WAY.

Iam THE REALITY.

IAM THE WAY. There is no seperation between me and reaity.

Focus only on the IAM as long as you can and you will understand!

DO IT.

Dont seperate yourself from yourself. You are not an object.

You are the way..And the way never ends..

If you read your bible both OT ans NT ........see what is it say in the last book of the NT. and Jesus said, I am, I am.

So who is I am?

Not you.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

what do you mean with "not you"...what is "you" for "you"
haha

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

kauskau
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

what do you mean with "not you"...what is "you" for "you"
haha

Jesus means not you as in, omg it cant be you because then it wouldn't be me

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

Of course he does not mean one single person..he means what we are.

What are we?

IAM

No matter who you are or what you think you are..there is always "IAM" and in the end ..thats the only thing we know for a fact is real and need no proof or evidence for..

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Akragon
Only John the Baptist believed who he was before any work, but that was because John was Elijah reincarnated and recognised the Lord from before his incarnation as John... By Jesus' own words...

Yep .. I think that's pretty much reincarnation being confirmed by Christ Himself. Either because He had that foreknowledge because He 'came down from Heaven' ... or because Jesus was fully man and learned reincarnation from Buddhism which had been around for a few hundred years already ... or whatever. But it is there ... reincarnation ... Jesus said so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join