It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Mystery: Records show 'mummified' body voted in 2010 election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The case of a Michigan woman whose mummified body was found years after her death is getting even more bizarre. Apparently, Michigan records show she voted in 2010 -- two years after authorities believe she died.

The Detroit Free Press reported Monday that Pia Farrenkopf voted in that year's gubernatorial election. Authorities have not publicly identified the woman whose body was recently found in a sport utility vehicle parked in the garage of a foreclosed home northwest of Detroit. However, the newspaper reported Farrenkopf owned the home in question, and authorities believe it is her.

Link to source. (thanks Grimpachi)
This is one of the things that make you wonder why anyone opposes Voter ID laws.
If your candidate was toppled by dead voters, I bet your views would change......maybe.

Either way, this is a strange twist in an already strange story.
edit on 12-3-2014 by network dude because: added an r

edit on 12-3-2014 by network dude because: added link

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So thats just the tip of the electoral iceberg - widespread FRAUD - it wouldnt be a stretch to infer that there is a widespread scheme of countless deceased people voting from beyond the grave.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I heard this on Coast tot Coast last night, pretty weird tosay the least. They should provide who she voted for, and whether it was a mail in, or ballot. Did the postman not realize her mail was stacking up. I cant believe she was in the back seat of her car for six years, and no one even noticed her. Its tragic that people are forgotten. I personally think that this story goes much deeper than being reported. How did she vote, Why did she pay her bills for an extended period of time "six years".

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

How would voter ID laws keep the sanctity of a mail in ballot?

I read that mail in ballots are the ones where voter fraud is most vulnerable.

BTW I think this is where you got the story. Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway here is the LINK.

It's unclear whether Farrenkopf was actually alive, or someone else voted in her name. County officials also caution that the recorded vote could have been an administrative error

edit on 12-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I added the link and even credited you for pointing that out. Thanks

But where is there any information that she voted absentee?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I never said she did. I just asked you how does voter ID laws keep absentee ballots from being falsified.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I don't know. What I do know is having to show an id to vote in person will be hard to do it you are a rotting corpse.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I agree but with absentee ballots not only are there no photographs required but the “voter” doesn’t even have to show up in person.

I think that is a bigger issue than voter ID.

fraud?

Absentee ballot fraud rampant in Florida

Christensen: GOP goes after the wrong kind of voter fraud

www.newsobserver.com...=cpy

The real vote-fraud opportunity has arrived: casting your ballot by mail
investigations.nbcnews.com...

Fla. congressman's ex-chief of staff jailed for voter fraud scheme

There are lot more instances and articles on absentee voter fraud. I know of people who have sent in ballots in there families members name. One person even started a thread here talking about it.

Which issue of fraud is bigger? IMO absantee ballots are. No ID and no person.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

first off there was no record of her being deceased in 2010 so how would whoever was attempting to defraud the election know to use her name?

secondly, election workers are human beings that make mistakes. it happens alot. it will probably come out that the person above or below her was the actual person to vote and the wrong person was highlighted. i just got off the phone with a relative who works in the elections division of another city here in Michigan thats much like where this took place. she said it is most likely just a simple over site by one of the workers, they usually gotta work 18 hour days on election day if not longer. that could lead to ez over sites.

3rdly, how did she mummify?
edit on 12-3-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So did she vote Republican or Democrat? I read about the woman's body being found in the garage in our newspaper. I heard I could vote many times by a person who called from the Republican Party during the last presidential election, he didn't give any specifics though.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Glassbender777
I heard this on Coast tot Coast last night, pretty weird tosay the least. They should provide who she voted for, and whether it was a mail in, or ballot. Did the postman not realize her mail was stacking up. I cant believe she was in the back seat of her car for six years, and no one even noticed her. Its tragic that people are forgotten. I personally think that this story goes much deeper than being reported. How did she vote, Why did she pay her bills for an extended period of time "six years".

It was said on the news that her bills were all on auto pay through the bank, but her mail wasn't explained. If it was at the post office, it would have piled up. If it was shoved through a mail slot in the door, six years is a really big pile on the other side of the door.
The person that used her vote must have known something

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I heard that she had her bills on autopay and that's why it took so long for the bank to foreclose; it took years to draw down the $54,000 she had in the account. As for bills, like me she could have had most of them online as well and had her name taken off junk mail lists. I get a lot less mail than I used to, to the point where I can go away for a week without needing a vacation hold. In fact even when I'm home I only check the mailbox once or twice a week. Still, it would eventually build up. I do recall getting notices from the post office after forgetting to place a vacation hold that they were holding my mail because the mailbox was full. That is probably what happened. Eventually they probably presumed she moved and returned the mail to sender.

reply to post by Glassbender777

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mindseye1609

I didn't write the article. I posted it.

Based on the words in the article, they (the people who take care of dead folks) think she has been dead for 6 years or so.
I am not good a math, but........

Authorities say all signs indicate Farrenkopf likely died in 2008, when she would have been 49. The voting records, though, throw that timeline into question. They state Farrenkopf registered to vote in 2006 and voted for governor in November 2010.

Please direct any further questions to the "authorities". Thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lindalinda

Yeah the article said everything was on auto pay until her house went into foreclosure.

BTW thanks for bringing up the junk mail list I just went on and added my household to the list to stop all that stuff.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

rickymouse
So did she vote Republican or Democrat? I read about the woman's body being found in the garage in our newspaper. I heard I could vote many times by a person who called from the Republican Party during the last presidential election, he didn't give any specifics though.

Here is was democrats. But in the big picture, what's the difference?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It doesn't make any sense..

How did the fraudulent voter know she was dead?

Either they have the name wrong, or the cops are mistaken on time of death...which with a mummified body, might not be easy.

Neighbors said they rarely, if ever saw her, thus the reason no one reported her missing. No family reported anything etc.

So the cops are still working to pin down time of death.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What mystery?

dead people vote all the time.

even people that have never voted, vote.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

theyknowwhoyouare
What mystery?

dead people vote all the time.

even people that have never voted, vote.

You better vote.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Its simple: "they" vote with voices of people who "live" and maybe even you voted (even when you didnt) but i only comes out in cases like this.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Voting records in Oakland County show Farrenkopf, who has not been positively identified by the Medical Examiner’s Office, is shown as voting in the November 2010 gubernatorial election.

Pontiac city records indicate Farrenkopf registered to vote in 2006 and had not voted until 2010, but officials point out that could have been an administrative error and she may not have actually cast a vote.

The city clerk, who was not in that job in 2010, said infrequent voters tend to vote in presidential elections, like 2008, over gubernatorial elections like the one in 2010.

www.freep.com...

Going to the actual source Fox cites vs. their spin often reveals more reality.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join