It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Stan Friedman.I have been investigating UFOs since 1958. Ask Me Anything

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Friedman

Hello, I was wondering if you have any knowledge of an event many years ago in Chico CA?

I had gone through a recent and heartbreaking divorce after 22 years of marriage so I was not thinking well. My daughter and her husband were staying with his parents just outside Chico. My daughter and I were not getting on well and not really talking but one day she called, which was very unusual. (could this be why I forgot it all)

She said "Did you see the UFO?" I said what UFO, She said "It was huge we all ran outside, it blocked out the whole sky" (either that or it blocked out the whole sun, I am unsure which)

Now strangely I don't remember us saying anything else to each other and I expected the event to be in the Chico newspaper, I lived 20-25 mins from Chico, but it never showed up in the papers.

Also strangely I never thought of this or spoke of it with my daughter for about 15 years, until one day, it suddenly all just popped into my mind. I called my daughter now living in Eureka Ca and I told her what I remembered. She said '" I kind of remember something about a UFO but I don't know what".

She called me back the next day and said, "I asked Shane (her husband) and my brother-in-law and Mother-in-law (the Mother was now divorced so no one asked the ex-husband) if they remembered anything about a huge UFO in Chico, and they all said yes, now that you mention it and they all remember that there was a UFO but they can't remember what happened nor what they saw that day. She said they all responded with a strange lost kind of tone, just like she had when I first asked her.

Now I realize that this suggests something incredible, that the whole city had their memories wiped somehow (it would have been in the 90's between 92-95) but it did happen, the call to me happened anyway and somehow a person like myself who has a deep inquisitiveness never asked questions nor pursued this for about 15 years.

Just wanted to add my daughter has no interest in UFO's or anything outside the accepted norm, so it was unusual for her to even consider this.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That movie was a really dirty deal. I had a call to go to Southern California to be interviewed about UFO abductions for a show being made for Dick Clark. If one can't trust him, you can't trust anybody. I was asked sensible qiestions but not about that video.They liked what I said and even used some in the promotion. A scam from day one.Even went on Coast to Coast to explain.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We have a resident here on ATS who use to work for NASA, I'm very sure you have probably heard of him James Oberg a.k.a Jim Oberg?
On his 99 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] about astronauts and UFOs he says this:

03 Q: For millions of people around the world, the ‘astronaut UFO cases’ are the ‘jewel in the crown’ of ‘Ufology’, which is the study of UFO reports and the argument that such reports constitute evidence for extraordinary events that might even include visitations by non-human space travelers. If they are all wrong, why should you care?

A: If they’re all wrong, as I think they are, the social implications are significant beyond this limited subject matter. We should be asking how it could happen in this case that popular culture is so far off base -- how it might be happening in other areas of public beliefs.

Link to James Obergs website
What is your take on ‘astronaut UFO cases’?
And can all of them be wrong as Oberg thinks they are?

edit on 10-3-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

link   
YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE:

We have requested that you limit your posts to ONE QUESTION and avoid posting long winded descriptions of your theories because this is a very busy AMA. Please show some courtesy for your fellow members.

link   
reply to post by raedar

I don't rule it out. We would certainly like to know any results.
In response to a previous question I was not in Close Encounters. Dr.J. Allen Hynek was....our beards are different.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hello Stan....do you know of the mass sightings and contact in Pescara Italy in the late fifties?
And if so, do you think that mass contact will be or is being attempted with any group of humans at this time?
Say at the Isle of friendship in Argentina, or anywhere else....

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Mr.Friedman this is in regard to the Cash-Landrum case did you investigate that case? another AMA guest when i asked a question about the case said the craft was not ours,if the craft was not ours are a craft from another country and citizens were harmed by that encounter wouldn't that not be deemed a concern from our government to warn people of the danger of the craft.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

I have heard jim speak. I think he is almost always wrong. Dr. Edgar Mitchell, 6th man to walk on the moon.wrote the forword to my book "Flying Saucers and Science" I have talked to several astronauts and believe they had good sightings. Gordon Cooper was one.

link   
Mr Freidman,

It's a pleasure to be able to ask you a question. Thanks for doing this.

What are your thoughts on possible ancient life on Mars or some of the anomalies on Mars? Have your studies led you along that path at all?

Cheers!

link   

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Have you ever seen a UFO Stan?.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wow!

Stan Friedman!

Its an honor sir.

My question to you is simple. Are you aware of the researcher David Icke? He claims an extraterrestrial/interdimensional race of reptilian NHEs have been manipulating human history since antiquity. What are your thoughts regarding this theory?

Thanks for your time Mr. Friedman.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman
reply to post by AboveBoard

I believe that within the atmospghere a magnetoaerodynamic system would be the best bet. Ionizing the air around a craft and interacting with that plasma with electric and megnetic fields allows one to control lift, drag, heating, sonic boom production and radar profile. I had a literature search done of the Government documents.. way back in 1970. Got 900 references of which 90% were classified.

THANK YOU!!

That is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for - most appreciated...

I see: the craft would have to create a 'bubble' of some sort to protect the occupants from being killed by g-forces when they sped up and slowed down, took a 90 degree turn on a dime, etc.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, ionized air around the craft = a plasma. This plasma, when interacting with electric and magnetic fields could produce this "bubble" for the occupants, and allow them to slip around the atmosphere as they will, going at extreme speeds, and not cause the pressure waves that create sonic booms.

Thanks again,
AB

In any case, the craft I saw was amber/red, during the daytime and underneath a thick, fairly low, grey cloud cover (no blue sky), going the speed of a normal airplane from south to north (not on a usual airplane flight path - we never saw planes on that path). It was a perfect circle that glowed strangely - with no glare, though it was bright, and just when it passed me (about a block over to the west, and then up, from where I was standing - I have NO idea how high up it was), it sped up to a blur, and then *poof* disappeared completely (not into the distance, but just vanished). It was about the size of my fingernail from my pov. I know this isn't proof for anyone else, but for me it was life-changing.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes definitely and certainly real at Malmstrom Air Force base as reported by Robert Salas, Duty Officer.He has a book out Robert Hastings has written an excelllent book NUKES and UFOs" Happpened in Soviet Union as well.. and famous case of Dr. Robert Jacobs filming a saucer dislodginga part of a missile while in flight.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Stanton Friedman

I have heard jim speak. I think he is almost always wrong. Dr. Edgar Mitchell, 6th man to walk on the moon.wrote the forword to my book "Flying Saucers and Science" I have talked to several astronauts and believe they had good sightings. Gordon Cooper was one.

Thank you, when ever any conspiracy regarding NASA and the Apollo missions are posted on here on ATS, he's all over them just like my thread titled "NASA Conspiracy - UFO Sightings & Alien Structures"

Link to thread

Thanks for your replies, and it was fantastic to talk to the one and only Stanton Friedman, you've made my day!

edit on 10-3-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

link   
Reptilians aliens, exist ? Yes/No
------ and on earth ? Yes/No
Benevolent aliens, exist ? Yes/No
------ and on earth ? Yes/No
edit on 10-3-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

link   

I have no idea. and try to avoid speculation without evidence.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

network dude

Mr. Friedman,
Have you ever felt that you had gotten too close to some information that might be more than just speculation?
(or had you been told you were too close)

Thanks for your time.

Since this question may be taboo, I will ask another that may be answered.

Are you aware of any alternative fuel sources that loom on the horizon that may replace or enhance our use of petroleum based fuels?

Again, thanks for your time.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Hello Mr. Friedman.

I have read your books, listened to your lectures and interviews and respect your position. However, I remain unconvinced of ET. My current thinking is that since this is a phenomenon based almost entirely on subjective accounts or memories of perceptions, this should be in the realm of psychology, neuroscience and related fields that deal with human perception. It seems to me that there is a lack of input from these fields.
my question would be in what direction could you point me in to convince me otherwise and does thinking like that make me noisy and negative?

edit on 10-3-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Mr. Friedman, there seems to be at least two strains of UFOlogy: a serious study of the phenomena, and the other a circus-like entertainment branch. What do you think can be done to promote and encourage the legitimate research?

Thanks,

Curt Collins

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join