It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malasyian Flight Hit By Meteorite?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There is no confirmation on this, but just my thought on this whole Malaysian flight crash.

There has been a lot of talk about asteroids heading towards Earth. On Friday night I was listening to Clyde Lewis' show Ground Zero and an alleged commercial pilot came on and said he and other pilots have seen more meteors than ever before and one came within 15 miles of his plane.

Now, it is possible the Malaysian flight either was an act of terrorism or the plane had some mechanical issues causing it to crash possibly explode in mid-air BUT what if...what if the Boeing 777 was actually struck by an incoming meteor?

This is just an opinion and I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Thanks.

I'd like to end by sending my prayers to those who lost their lives and to the family members who are grieving. God Bless them all.
edit on 9-3-2014 by FreedomKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What your suggesting seems more improbable than finding a single pin is a barn full of haystacks.
This is not to say it couldn't occur and they have yet to discover the true cause. My wife was actually flying to Vietnam around that time so I was really worried since I had not heard for her in a few days. She is ok btw.
Still freaked me out a bit.
edit on 9-3-2014 by UltraverseMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So your theory is:

1. A meteor hits the plane
2. No one else sees that meteor
3. It doesn't show up on any radar or anything else.
4. The meteor so totally destroys the plane that their is no wreckage.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

Your theory is possible I guess, but highly unlikely.

I heard on the radio tonight that they may have found some wreckage off the coast of Vietnam, hopefully they'll find the plane soon, and then they will know what happened.

My condolences to the families of those lost.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I wouldn't call it a theory. Just a probabilty. I'm just throwing an alternate POV besides terrorism or mechanical malfunction. By no means am I saying this is fact.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

Wow...I would be freaked out too. Scary!!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was reading last night that the radar might have shown the plane was turning back around.
The pilots didn't send any distress signals .

I think we should be looking into the stolen passport theory myself. Both were stolen in Thailand. From an Austrian and an Italian. I also read there might be more than two, possibly three stolen passports on that plane. There are questions as to how the passports that were reported stolen, managed to get through to board the plane.

Malaysia’s state news agency quoted Home Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi as saying the passengers using the stolen European passports were of Asian appearance, and criticizing border officials who let them through. “I am still perturbed. Can’t these immigration officials think? Italian and Austrian (passport holders) but with Asian faces,” he was quoted as saying late on Sunday.

I haven't looked at today's news updates yet.
edit on 9-3-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A theory floating around now is it
Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air:
Source

Nearly 48 hours after the last contact with Flight MH370, mystery still surrounded its fate. Malaysia’s air force chief said the Beijing-bound airliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before it vanished from radar screens.

“The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet,” a source involved in the investigations in Malaysia told Reuters.

If the plane had plunged intact from close to its cruising altitude, breaking up only on impact with the water, search teams would have expected to find a fairly concentrated pattern of debris, said the source, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to discuss the investigation publicly. Asked about the possibility of an explosion, such as a bomb, the source said there was no evidence yet of foul play and that the aircraft could have broken up due to mechanical causes.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

opethPA
So your theory is:

1. A meteor hits the plane
2. No one else sees that meteor
3. It doesn't show up on any radar or anything else.
4. The meteor so totally destroys the plane that their is no wreckage.

What radar do you refer to over the sea?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Possible. Although you couldn't evade a speeding space pebble. A sprite (immense lightning from the upper atmosphere, that requires no weather) is also possible.

I'm leaning more towards missile. It is possible that the "u turn" prior to disappearance, was an evasion. No communications- could have been jammed. No floating foam or clothes, makes me think of vaporisation- that takes the plausibility of an improvised explosive away.

The 2 Europeans with stolen identities makes you go hmmmmmmm. Terrorists? Probably not, yet plausible. Intelligence/military assets? More logically feasible (for my theory, anyway). It's possible that any military with stealth capabilities, would feel threatened by assets escaping to Beijing.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Last 2 minutes heading is interesting.
First, it have to slow down, then it tried to avoid something from the left, quick heading change maneuver.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Can they detect meteors going 20,000 mph on radar? In fact...no radars picked up the meteor that exploded over Russia last year. Right?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

What if it wasn't just one meteor but multiple meteors, aka a meteor shower, that caused the plane to disintegrate?

Don't throw the Armageddon ball at me

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

Apparently there is no evidence of a meteor strike on a flying aircraft ever happening in history.

An interesting article: TWA Flight 800

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a missle?
it isn't like we haven't seen non existent terrorists with fake ids not board a plane that then disappears before

oh look the fbi is helping and they think its muslims
www.reuters.com...
its dejavu all over again
edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago09 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

now how did i know thats what i was going to find in the first link googling airport security in malaysia
edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago39 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

So since it never happened before in history then are you saying it could never happen?

TWA Flight 800 exploded just after take-off which statistically is a better chance of a plane crashing as well as upon landing. Now I have a hunch there was foul play in this case but to state that something never happened in the history of commercial airlines, like being hit by a meteor or multiple meteors, you've completely closed the book on the possibility.

For the first time in history 3 skyscrapers collapsed on 9/11, which we were told was due to fires...do you believe that? Man, history can sure change in a blink of an eye...wouldn't you agree?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Exactly. Think if the debris in Pennsylvania back in 2001, fell over water. You wouldn't find it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
from my link they said ukrainian passports may be involved...
nope no way
thats just too convienient...

there are just to many uncle S.A.M.s in alciaduh hands

edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago31 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago03 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

that is a quik deek for a big plane..whats the typical turn rate i wonder

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

NullVoid

Last 2 minutes heading is interesting.
First, it have to slow down, then it tried to avoid something from the left, quick heading change maneuver.

doesn't look like it slowed down at all - the speeds are all 471-474 knots.

And 15 degrees is not a big course change. Airliners routinely do 180 degrees in a minute - that is a "rate 1 turn" - at high speed they would do a rate 2 turn - 90 degrees in 1 minute.

The recorded headings are 25 degrees at 17:19:28, 28 degrees at 17:20:18 and 40 degrees at 17:20:35 - from 20 to 35 degrees is a 15 degree shift in 1 minute and 7 seconds - it would barely be noticeable.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join