It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was God's Son really worth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
These are my thoughts of recent, not that they are important to others but they are tantamount to me.

In the Bible, there is supposedly ONE thing that seems to separate Jesus from the average man, and that is Gods willingness to let his son die for mankind, a sacrifice by God (even though He lost nothing, and knew so in the beginning according to His statement – I am the alpha and the omega AND 1 John 3:20 ESV For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.) I would like to suffice to say, I have many family and friends that I would willingly lay down my life for, no religion involved. As well, if it came to humanity, I would also be willing to sacrifice my life. So now I wonder, what really is the great sacrifice that God made? Many a man in history has sacrificed his life for others. What makes God so special? Is it because it’s His own son, also called the son of man? John 3:16, For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not die but have eternal life. Ok, that sounds grand. But Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only begotten son for only the adoration of a controlling being. Again I ask, what makes God so special? It seems so hypocritical. Many a man lost his only son, that doesn’t make him a God. And why does God have only one son??? The all powerful should have an army of sons, don’t you think? At least a few dozen. And who is the mother of his son? According to the bible, GOD and JESUS acknowledge that Jesus was around long before Mary conceived, so JUST WHO IS THE MOTHER OF GOD’S SON? Is the Bible a complete lie?

The more I doubt, the more I question, the more I question, the more I doubt. It's all a lie to me I think. And then I wonder how all mankind can be a fool. OK, not ALL, but a vast majority. Fecking billshut at this point.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Yep nice post. At times I feel very much as you describe.

All in all though there does seem to me to be a universal truth, written on our hearts and minds...among other quips..

That which is understood is just that and any further rational is simply a hologram of universal truth...it isn't always a pretty picture.

Hey cheers, and sup?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Does it seem weird to you guys that you are talking about God and his Son as if they were the same person? I know, I know... it's a mystery. What a cop out.
Edit:
I completely ruined that. Anyway, I meant to say the same person.
edit on bSat, 08 Mar 2014 19:49:41 -0600pm66America/Chicago3pmSaturday08America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The teachings of Christ are essentially the Golden Rule, peace, forgiveness, and love. The world would be a better place if everyone had a little more of these things in their heart of hearts.

Although evil has occasionally been done in the name of "Christianity", no admonition to do violence to others can be found in the New Testament.

However, the old Testament, the Jewish Talmud, and the Moslem Koran all advocate the subjugation and even the killing of non-believers/non-chosen.

Christ also warned about and identified the Prime Deceivers of the world. They, of course, control nearly the whole world at this point--and they have always known that Christianity was their primary enemy. Hence the hostile attitude to Christianity evident in the media and educational systems, and in the corporate world.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Great point even more mysterious is that Jesus is portrayed as if God and himself were two separate people although in theory it appears otherwise. What a tragic source of division.
edit on 8-3-2014 by agnisvaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
IMHO the Son of God is within all of us and IS us, Jesus represents what is within all of us and he was only trying to show us the way we should lead our lives, in LOVE and fellowship with one another. He did not come to die for sins, that is a religious invention to keep the masses blind to the truth.

As far as our Mother (the Mother of the Son), that would be Mother Earth, or physical existence. The Father is the Spirit that gives the Son (us) life and the Mother is what gives the Son (us) a physical form. When you bring the physical (Mother) and spiritual (Father) together in "marriage", you have life, a.k.a. the mind or "Son of God" where the two become One.

We all have an invisible side to us, a part that we don't see, that is what Christianity calls the Spirit or Father. They left out the Mother from their teachings in order to exploit her for her resources and become rich off of her. We see how we kill the planet today, that is because we were never taught about the Mother and how she deserves just as much admiration as the Father.

So you ask what was so special about Jesus? Nothing really, he is us and we are him. The only thing "special" about him was the message he taught, something we can all follow and attain, but only if we try.

John 14
20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

edit on 3/8/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/8/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by agnisvaha

I'm glad that someone on this thread makes sense.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
Does it seem weird to you guys that you are talking about God and his Son as if they were two different people? I know, I know, it's a mystery. What a cop out.

Not at all Ra, some just do not understand we all are God, materialized (the same being individualized) to experience ITSELF.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I meant to say the same person. While I agree that we are all God, Jesus was not God incarnate the way trinitarians mean it.
If you see God you will not live. Doesn't it say that in John 1?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The part about willing to sacrifice his son, that is so touted by all the church's. That is the part I denounced and renounced even when I went to Church, it is not the cornerstone of Christianity. That is a roman occult ritual sacrifice thrown into a religion that draws people with their soul knowledge of what Love is.

Basically, Christ, real or metaphor, God or man who ascended here, by a great life, whatever anyone thinks about him, represents, LOVE. Lending the helping hand, perfecting self, overcoming ego, gentle humor, kindness, peace, humility, greatness in spirit. How To Go Home. How to become Buddha. How to be Christed. How to advance/progress and free your soul. The firefighter who risked and even gave his life to save the baby. Superman in the system, healing and helping. The Spirit of Love and Peace.

PERIOD! No other lesson, minus any strange fundamental beliefs in the old testament because unless you see the metaphors and realize its not about smiting god and murder, but hidden in it is also the way back home and Christ's lessons, he is the embodiment of the hidden Love metaphors that they buried in a grims fairy tale. No other lesson, is needed, its the best of the best, if you only go there. If you go to the old testament, be a Love and Goodness gnostic and look for the hidden Tao, but not a dark gnostitc. That path is there there too. The whole ritual sacrifice thing by royal families as a way to stop the awakening, lowering everyones frequency, lay seige to Is Ra El, its all there too!

If interested in the old testament, begin with Genesis 32 30, and really figure out what Jacob's ladder and the frequency match is all about and pineal.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, not Jesus.

Jesus is the Word, and the Word is with and was God and existed at the beginning of everything.

What we have is the Holy Spirit which is still God, but not God or Jesus.

St. Patrick used the shamrock for this - three leaves that are one. God, Christ, Holy Ghost. We receive a small part of the Holy Spirit.

This is one of the reasons why some people who say there is a Rapture justify it. They claim the Beast cannot be free until the Holy Spirit is removed, and if every true believer has a small part of the Holy Spirit, then the Beast cannot reign until they are gone/removed.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
agnisvaha
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

agnisvahaGreat point even more mysterious is that Jesus is portrayed as if God and himself were two separate people although in theory it appears otherwise. What a tragic source of division.

This division/implimation of a major polarity (ARCHITYPE) was again overlayed onto the psyche of the human specie. This was direct in its formulation (supposedly to keep the architypal human in FORM; not to self destruct within the frequencies of the planet). It was what I would call a holding pattern; a thoughtform called "Christ Consciousness" a vibrancy/frequency/energy. God is Us plain and simple; we are its expressions. There is no perceptive division, we are all one and the same. Polarities are misconceptions as to the role they play, GROWTH/FORWARD MOTION ONLY IS THE REASON for the opposites to exist. They play each other like violins one incongruous in pitch the other perfect pitch. They will overcompensate to reach a balance, tussled over fought over the teeder todder at it balanced fulcrum met eventually.
edit on 8-3-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Christ, real or metaphor, is The Way. That is a gnostic term, but even fundamentally, he is still the WAY. The way back home!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I don't understand, how can the Holy Spirit be God and not God at the same time?

Jesus represents what we can all become and what we already are, we just have to realize it first. Paul calls the Son the image of the invisible God, we are that image because we possess the image of light that gives us vision, that image is the light of the world and if you follow it you will never walk in darkness because even darkness is light to it.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

One of the bigger lessons about the crucifixion is that despite Christ's message people could not wait to kill Him. If nothing else, it should illustrate how unwilling people are to listen to what and how we should be to each other in our daily lives.

There are plenty of good lessons to be drawn from it aside from dwelling on the angle of sacrifice although one of the mysteries to be learned is that salvation is gained through the sacrifice of self (Jesus is God, with God from the very beginning) both your worldly self and selfish impulses. They are the ones that most often lead you into trouble. Shedding them/bringing them under control is part of the key.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

braxenalderpadrescopioI meant to say the same person. While I agree that we are all God, Jesus was not God incarnate the way trinitarians mean it.
If you see God you will not live. Doesn't it say that in John 1?

Umhum. Jesus (whatever you might think his crucifixion experience) was not at all happy about the Getheseme experience of TOTAL betrayal by Judas. He knew he was to become a major architype (that being the THE TOTAL separation from the God aspect and communication with; that is experienced by US everyday a new birth happens) he was trained for this; just did not realize Paul was going to take this to a level he was unaware of (Jesus was not a christian he was an Essene). I am not a modern take on the 'scripture wars' personality; leave that to others more modern because I see the Bible in entirety as fables borrowed from antiquity (Im more of the Gnostic type; Enoch, The book of Thomas, Thomas the Contender, Book of Mary) NagHammati 'dead sea scrolls' (Essene texts hidden in 70AD and found in 1948AD by a goatherd in Qumran).

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by ketsuko

I don't understand, how can the Holy Spirit be God and not God at the same time?

Jesus represents what we can all become and what we already are, we just have to realize it first. Paul calls the Son the image of the invisible God, we are that image because we possess the image of light that gives us vision, that image is the light of the world and if you follow it you will never walk in darkness because even darkness is light to it.

The same way that Jesus is and isn't.

Jesus was a single being in human flesh. God is an impossibly vast entity who is everywhere and everywhen all at once. He is the alpha and omega. Clearly, while Jesus is the Word and with God and God. He could not have been the exact same entity as God while he was here on earth. No one could have comprehended him.

Similarly with the Holy Spirit. It is God, but while we have part of it, it isn't God, or at least not all of Him. We, limited as we are, could not encompass Him.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

There was no significant message there about people wanting to kill him. People are completely enslaved and controlled, lied to, instigated. Isaiah 28, one of my favorite passages. The Spirit within me taught me what was being said, not too long ago, within a year or so. and it blew me away. As if then was similar to now, the same mystery school, the same elites, listening to the same demonic enitites, he called them the dead. people still untaught in a good school, shown the way. Well Christ showed the way.

Anything there to put down people, had nothing to do with Love, the Spirit of Peace and Love, and Goodness, who only wanted to wake them up, and loved everyone of them, knowing full well the extent of programming and scarsity box these people lived in.

When a higher up comes in to free souls, its not to put them down or expose them. The corruption is always from on high. Its to free their minds and inspire Love.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
its all a crock of you know what,where is he if he exsisted?i have seen no proof what so ever,we have history of people believing in all different gods but no evidence of any of them existing,he shows himself before i croke it fair enough but i,m willing to bet even if i lived to a million years old i still woudn,t see one shred of proof,you,ve got to love the human race,anything for some sence why we exist atall.

posting on alcohol=i,ve alot of apologising to do later today lol
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

sparky31
its all a crock of you know what,where is he if he exsisted?i have seen no proof what so ever,we have history of people believing in all different gods but no evidence of any of them existing,he shows himself before i croke it fair enough but i,m willing to bet even if i lived to a million years old i still woudn,t see one shred of proof,you,ve got to love the human race,anything for some sence why we exist atall.
posting on alcohol I,ve alot of apologising to do later today lol.

Jesus left no footprints at all. He supposedy spoke Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic and Coptic (a dead language) and wrote nothing down. There is no proof at all of his existance. During his time of life there is no written documentation of his existing (only of random crazy messiahs (including John the Babtist the only one validified) but according to the Pontius Pilate time frame Jesus never existed; never tryed or crucified (recorded) or recorded in Herod Antipas's records. You tell me; Jesus who what when and where?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join