It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Or emergency ramp.
Not sure why it would say "boarding" though.
"Not for boarding" maybe. I've never seen one deployed.

edit on 3/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah I dont know enough about them either, hoping someone in the know does come along and take a peek. I did just come across another of the Tomnod captures. Look to the right of the red circle. Hard to tell, but maybe if it is it, the tail has broken off? Might explain the raft, but the poster doesnt know where they are looking as the Tomnod doesnt really give cord.. I would also think this has to be pretty shallow water yes?

Picture Link

edit: sorry I said left of circle meant right of

edit on 3/12/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Port Dickson is on the strait side, south of Kuala Lumpur

Map

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

That image is...useless.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Wow that is almost right back to the point of origin. Isnt that the airport it flew out of?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

True that, but I cant imagine any of them are going to be any good really. Still it does seem to have a plane shape

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Don't see it and don't believe that it's a near realtime image.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Maya00a

IQPREREQUISITE

Hmmmmmmm
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

8 men and 4 women?

Is that a normal flight crew in Malaysia?

Seems a little male heavy since there are only 3 crewmembers in the cockpit.

If the cabin crew was involved as well as a member of the flight crew it could explain a few things.

I could ask a friend who is a flight attendant later but right now my best guess is that since it's an Islamic country, I think they have more male crews to cater to the 'strict' Muslim passengers who don't want any contact with females...just a guess.

I'm ex-cabin crew and used to work for Gulf Air and was based in Bahrain. We didn't have more men than women per flight and I never came across any'strict' muslim passengers who minded contact with females.

Point taken. But it could just be a case of that they lacked female personnel hence the male crew but it could also be that the airline is pretty democratic/open when it comes to the crew's gender. An open gender policy perhaps?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

I don't see anything on the image except a large red circle?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
These articles are from today 12th March

I know that mobile phones ring when connecting - even before the connection is made successfully or not. However, I thought it was interesting that these folks are getting calls from what appears to be Malaysia dialling codes. (The part I marked with bolded text.)

Relatives claim they received suspicious calls from Malaysia
2014-03-12 14:25 Shanghai Daily Web Editor: Si Huan

A family member of one of the passengers claimed again at the briefing that the mobile phone of his brother rang when he called again. The brother said previously that it rang three times on Saturday morning before appearing to hang up.

He said some other relatives even received some unknown calls with number 0060, the national code of Malaysia.

The family members have passed the number to the airline for further investigation.

========================
Malaysia searching Andaman Sea for missing plane: official
2014-03-12 10:34 Agencies Web Editor: Wang Fan

The international search for a missing Malaysian airliner has been expanded into the Andaman Sea, hundreds of kilometres (miles) to the northwest of the original search radius, an official said Wednesday.

Flight MH370 went missing early Saturday with 239 people on board en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, sparking a massive search across Southeast Asia.
Malaysian civil aviation chief Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said ships and planes were now also searching in the southern part of the Andaman Sea.
"Yes, above Sumatra is the Andaman Sea," he told AFP, when asked to confirm whether assets were being deployed in the Andaman Sea. "It's a very big area to cover... We are not going to leave any chance. We have to look at every possibility."

========================
Vietnam suspends air search for missing jet
2014-03-12 10:45 Agencies Web Editor: Wang Fan

Vietnam said Wednesday it had suspended its air search for missing flight MH370 and scaled back a sea search as it waited for Malaysia to clarify the potential new direction of the multi-national hunt.
"We've decided to temporarily suspend some search and rescue activities, pending information from Malaysia," deputy minister of transport Pham Quy Tieu said, adding that boats were still searching the area, but on a smaller scale.
Malaysia has expanded the hunt for the missing Malaysian airliner into the Andaman Sea, hundreds of kilometres (miles) to the northwest of the original search radius, an official said Wednesday.
But it has denied a report that the plane with 239 people on board had been detected far from its planned flight path.

A Malaysian newspaper said radar had last detected the plane over the Strait of Malacca off western Malaysia.
"We've asked Malaysian authorities twice, but so far they have not replied to us," Tieu said, when asked about the report.
"We informed Malaysia on the day we lost contact with the flight that we noticed the flight turned back west but Malaysia did not respond," he added.

========================
Just what kind of amounts we are talking about is illustrated in this part of the original article.

Insurance companies may face large payouts in airline disaster
2014-03-12 09:32 China Daily

The insured value of the aircraft could amount to around $100 million, while the liabilities and compensation typically amount to a far higher amount, Reuters reported.
"The compensation will dent the financial performance of insurers. But such claims are rare events, thus have a limited impact on them in the long run," Hao said.

As both Malaysia and China are the contracting countries, the missing airplane is covered by the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air, said Liu Weimin, director of the aviation law research center at the Civil Aviation Management Institution of China.
According to the convention, the airline and their insurers could be liable for compensation of $160,000 per passenger.
The claim for the loss of the aircraft could also be huge. The current listed price of a Boeing 777-200ER is $361.5 million, according to the Boeing Co website.
However, such a loss could be covered by the insurance companies, Liu added.
Further compensation from Malaysia Airlines depends on the reason for the accident. If it is established that the disaster resulted from a mistake by the airline, the compensation could be huge, said Hao.

The biggest aviation compensation claims ever made, said Hao, were related to the 9/11 attacks in the United States, with an average payout of $2.13 million per passenger.
Meanwhile, most of the Chinese passengers on the plane had purchased accident or life insurance policies, according to major Chinese insurers.
As of Monday, Ping An Insurance was the hardest hit, with at least 38 passengers on the plane carrying the company's insurance policies, and possibly 15 more. China Life has confirmed having 30 customers in the disaster. Neither company has commented on the potential compensation amount involved.
China Pacific Life Insurance has confirmed 16 clients on the plane, with total compensation at about 5.44 million yuan ($886,000).
Taikang confirmed 12 clients, with a total compensation of 4.49 million yuan.

"If it turns out to be a terrorist attack, some travel insurance policies may not apply. But the families of those who purchased life or accident policies would get compensation under any circumstances," Hao said.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
So after 5 days, we are still left with guesses, assumptions, theories and speculation. In this day and age of supposedly high technology, all we have are crumbs. How on earth can a giant airline still be missing and not even a trace of a door, a wing, a chair, a piece of fuselage be seen by our ships, satellites, expert engineers and scientists?

This is very embarrassing and worrying. You would think after 911, things would have been tighter but all we have are dozens of wild guesses.

edit on 12-3-2014 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Another snippit to add to the jigsaw, but nothing significant it seems.

Flight MH370 sent engine data before vanishing, says magazine

The missing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200ER sent at least two bursts of technical data back to the airline before it disappeared, according to the New Scientist magazine.
The data may help investigators understand what went wrong with the aircraft, no trace of which has yet been found since it disappeared early Saturday morning, the magazine reported yesterday.
"Malaysia Airlines has not revealed if it has learned anything from ACARS data, or if it has any," it said, referring to the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which automatically collates and files four technical reports during every flight so that engineers can spot problems.

These reports are sent via VHF radio or satellite at take-off, during the climb, at some point while cruising, and on landing.
The magazine noted that Malaysia Airlines' 11th media statement had said, "All Malaysia Airlines aircraft are equipped with ACARS which transmits data automatically. Nevertheless, there were no distress calls and no information was relayed."
"This would suggest no concrete data is to hand. But New Scientist understands that the maker of the missing Boeing 777's Trent 800 engines, Rolls Royce, received two data reports from flight MH370 at its global engine health monitoring centre in Derby, UK, where it keeps real-time tabs on its engines in use.
"One was broadcast as MH370 took off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, the other during the 777's climb out towards Beijing," it said.

It noted that as the engine data is filtered from a larger ACARS report covering all the plane's critical flight systems and avionics, "it could mean the airline has some useful clues about the condition of the aircraft prior to its disappearance."
"The plane does not appear to have been cruising long enough to issue any more ACARS reports,"the report said, referring to reports that said the plane vanished from radar at 1.30am local time, halfway between Malaysia and Vietnam over the Gulf of Thailand.

Under International Civil Aviation Organisation rules, such reports are normally kept secret until air investigators need them, it said.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Jaellma
So after 5 days, we are still left with guesses, assumptions, theories and speculation. In this day and age of supposedly high technology, all we have are crumbs. How on earth can a giant airline still be missing and not even a trace of a door, a wing, a chair, a piece of fuselage be seen by our ships, satellites, expert engineers and scientists?

This is very embarrassing and worrying. You would think after 911, things would have been tighter but all we have are dozens of wild guesses.

In 2009 it took at least five days to find any trace of AirFrance 447.

They did not find the jet for TWO YEARS, until 2011.

How quickly people forget.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Leonidas

Jaellma

Yeah, still very early days.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hey this is my first post. I'm seeing some pretty crazy theories going on here. Any thoughts regarding sabotage by either pilot?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

auswally
reply to post by msdesertrat

I just read that as well , so if this is the case why widen the search to the malaka straight. Don't make sense but hey this incident doesn't make sense from the start

Wow, I'm beginning to have the impression that they are highly inefficient in these kinds of matters or a curtain of deception is already being weaved right before our eyes.

Statements being made and retracted...not a good sign. Never a good sign.

link   

Big difference between finding wreckage at 3,800 and 4,000 meters ( AF447) and 80-100 meters deep ( MH370)
edit on 12-3-2014 by Monte-Carlo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

As states before several times air France went down in the mide of the Atlantic. The proposed search areas for this flight are closer to shore and there is also a massive amount of boat traffic in the areas

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Libertygal
reply to post by MRuss

Pay closer attention not just to the story, but the source, and then ask, what is the importance of this? Is this speculative? What are they trying to make me think? And better yet, what is it they want me to NOT think?

The major changes are happening in the last 8-10 hours. What significance does this hold?

I already posted what I think the eventual outcome will be, but I am curious what others predict the O.S. is going to be? Where do you see the final story culminating? Why? I think asking and answering those questions will go a long way in understanding what the media is trying to do, though we may never know why.

You said (unless I'm mistaken
) that you think Iranian terrorist involvement will be downplayed and we will be told 'there's nothing to see here' etc.

My question is who would that benefit? In this day and age of manipulating false flags, why would an Iranian terrorist link be hushed up if there was one? Wouldn't it be more probable that it would be used in the MSM as more propaganda?

Personally I'm going with the accident theory here, the 2 young Iranian men could just have been 2 young Iranian men getting on a plane, not all Middle eastern people are terrorists but the authorities obviously have to look at the stolen passport angle. The 20 people from one technology company is interesting though, it caught my attention.

I do think as well that the story is changing because as others have said, the media print any new info given. It doesn't necessarily mean we are being manipulated . If this is truly an accident (because they can happen), it is entirely understandable that the reports are changing.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Don't know if this has already been posted but this article is a good read. Clarifies some issues for me. Hope this helps some posters.

AVIATION EXPERT GIVES OPINION

He highly doubts a hijacking occured. Interesting.

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join