It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ivar_Karlsen

puntito

Ivar_Karlsen
reply to post by puntito

Fire, structural damage, engine starts are always done with pacs off. In all pressurized airliners it is possible to turn the pacs and bleeds on and off as needed, and to operate the outflow valves in manual mode.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)
Stars given for the depressurizing motive
Now why the oxygen masks can be turned off.

Pax oxygen are oxygen generators, once activated there's no way to turn them off before they are empty.
Some (very few) airliners have oxygen bottles for the passengers, i'm not aware of any way of turning them off from inside the cabin/cockpit.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)
Pax of course it is very interesting.
So they can just open a door and destroy the main oxygen supply tube?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Reports are that it could have flown on for another 500 miles after the last ping with sufficient fuel.

The arcs are created using sets of data which eliminates other possibilities and concluded the arcs as the potential ping location.

Under 'normal', or even 'exceptional' circumstances, how long would it take to refuel this jet?
Meaning - if they had a 'way-stop' planned (a moderate distance into the flight)... Landed... Refueled...(while, perhaps, a couple more 'alterations' are/were handled...)...then - resumed progress...
Would the 'satellite pings' have known the difference?

Likewise - since there is a reported 'last ping' - does that mean that whatever was being 'pinged' was somehow disabled or discarded or, is this the same as (similar to) pinging an IP address...?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

puntito

Phatdamage

Ivar_Karlsen

puntito

Ivar_Karlsen

puntito

judydawg

Phage
reply to post by puntito

Why would the pilot climb to over 45000 feet?

Good question. Why bother?
At 35,000 feet unconsciousness occurs in less than one minute.

And the cabin crew has their own tanks to move round with.

So they shoot the windows.
Then they knock out the crew
Steal their tanks.
Then take over the plane.
Destroy the passenger oxygen system
Fly higher, as high as it goes.
Then go to lower height so they can breath and stand the cold
Fill the windows with whatever is available.
Climb back with the plane pressurized again
Can't help it. It is too easy.

Turning off the airconditioning pacs, and open the outflow valves would do.
No need to crack Windows.

Don't tell me that that is possible from inside the cabin.
I can't believe it that is a flaw.

You need to be in the cockpit to do that.

or get offered alot of money, anybody will do anything for the right amount, don't forget, they were flying a few of a million pounds worth of jet, plus 20 experts in invisibility tech, if you offered each pilot 1 million £ (or equivalent) i'm sure a new life in a random part of the world with enough money to live happy,

that would do it.....
edit on 16/3/14 by Phatdamage because: because i cant spell

If that is the plot, as a pilot I would think they would kill me the moment I hand the plane over, if they don;t care for the fate of 200+ people
As perpetrator i would be scared the pilot would go and talk, so that gives me a weakest link
So this did not happen.

i do see your point, and agree, but some peoples moral compass points the wrong way, maybe they were told the 200+ people would be unharmed, and let go when they get what they need, this plane is somewhere,

i dont want to think that the pilots traded the lives of those people, but really looking at it, what else happened?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

puntitoSo they can just open a door and destroy the main oxygen supply tube?

Short answer: No!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

judydawg

UKGuy1805
reply to post by judydawg

Whats the motive for the flight crew to do this? and what would they be getting out of this whole situation? if they did it?

That is the million dollar question! And why my friends are so puzzled?

Ergo: So the motive was to steal the plane, they did not need a hostage situation.
Why do you need a plane? That was answered a page or two back,
To cargoe something
or to bomb or both.

My personal opinion is they will bomb the Hague in two weeks.

Some people are really really angry with the nuclear embargoes on certain countries.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

About 20mins to half an hour with a presure fueling system i think?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

the Pings were coming from some kind of on-board maintenance system and whilst there was power to these systems, they would ping, whether on the ground or not. They are apparently a signal that is just 'saying hello' to the satellite and seeing if the satelitte is something it can connect too, not relaying any information.

I don't know about refuelling, I would have thought the engines would be off in refueling but I don't know if other systems would be on and therefore still sending these pings. I'm sure an aviation person could answer that. I have read somewhere that these pings would not be something easy to stop and not many people would be aware of them but obviously it's not impossible.
edit on 16-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Why refuel, all planes going to China, they fill them up double with B-class Kerosine I read on a pilot's blog.
This plane could fly easily for 8 hours or more

edit on 16-3-2014 by puntito because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh no, I thought I would come back here and there would be a party and a plane...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What surprises me that nobody is flying to all the islands on the southern flight path. It would take about 8-10h to check all of them along the path.

If they really went that route, they could have easily dumped the 777 into one of the shallow Lagoons. They would be marginal damage to the plane but I am pretty sure that most of the people would have survived.

Considering the distance, they could have gone as far as the French Southern and Antarctic Lands .. even there is a settlement with about 140 people it is still a massive island (430k km2) and they could have landed on one of the plateaus there.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Ivar_Karlsen

puntitoSo they can just open a door and destroy the main oxygen supply tube?

Short answer: No!
But they can knockout with temperature.
-70 F -57 C, you can smuggle a special suite aboard while the rest freezes to death?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I just read an interesting theory about this missing plane. That it might be a fabricated story, and one key element of the story is that there was lax passport enforcement. Suppose the plane is never found, that would get the proponents of biometrics demanding new technology. I will provide the Youtube video explaining this theory.

This video is best viewed with the volume muted. Just watch it and you will see the biometric subliminal message being pushed on the naive youth who think it's cool.

So to sum up my thoughts, MH370 is a false flag, a flight # made up out of thin air which makes it so easy to vanish without a trace. The purpose is to push Biometrics and micro chipping.
fcw.com...
fcw.com...
www.newsmax.com...

edit on 16-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: links

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UKGuy1805

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

puntito
reply to post by WanDash

Why refuel, all planes going to China, they fill them up double with B-class Kerosine I read on a pilot's blog.

What if their destination (intended destination) was further than 8 hours flight would accomplish?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

WanDash

puntito
reply to post by WanDash

What if their destination (intended destination) was further than 8 hours flight would accomplish?

then they drop from the sky if they don't refuel and probably had taken another 777 departing from another site.
i see professionals at work.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

DrHammondStoat
reply to post by WanDash

the Pings were coming from some kind of on-board maintenance system and whilst there was power to these systems, they would ping, whether on the ground or not. They are apparently a signal that is just 'saying hello' to the satellite and seeing if the satelitte is something it can connect too, not relaying any information.

I could be wrong, but I believe it was the satellite that did the pinging. The plane at the time was basically just a flying loopback interface.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

roadgravel
I am with the why steal a 777 group. Many other aircraft would probably work as a bomb. Unless it has to do with fuel capacity and range.

edit:

If a long range mission is the plan that just gives the world more time to take it out on it's way.
edit on 3/16/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

Here's the bigger question. If it can vanish the way it did...then perhaps it can just re-appear the same way? No one is thinking about this.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Getting back to the Rolls Royce engine data that gets sent on the following stages:

(i) take off
(ii) cruising
(iii) other stages during cruising (event based)
(iv) landing/descending ***WHY DOES THIS DATA NOT EXIST?***

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

FlySolo

roadgravel
I am with the why steal a 777 group. Many other aircraft would probably work as a bomb. Unless it has to do with fuel capacity and range.

edit:

If a long range mission is the plan that just gives the world more time to take it out on it's way.
edit on 3/16/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

Here's the bigger question. If it can vanish the way it did...then perhaps it can just re-appear the same way? No one is thinking about this.
Of course, they are professionals.
They fly 3000 feet below another airplane, only one dot shows up remember all transponders are turned off
They fly relaxed at 350km/h at 600 feet over seas for 2000 miles from wherever.

I am sure this is a security nightmare.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Thanks for the reply.
So - in your opinion, this is not a 'ping' that relies on any kind of 'connectivity'. And, perhaps, it does not rely on an external power supply...(?) So - it may have it's own power supply, built-in... ... I wouldn't think that it's simply a shiny piece of metal that 'reflects' when encountered by the all-seeking satellite 'ping'.

Anyway - the point to the question is simply - "Since we don't know what information we've been fed is pertinent & relevant, and, in fact, have been fed a lot of information that is probably not pertinent & relevant... Why consider the 'scenarios' they feed us...as...factual...thus...limiting the scope of possibilities we consider?"
If this was a "Mission Impossible"-type operation (hijacking), I would expect the remainder of the operation to have been as well rehearsed, thought-through, and planned, as the timing of the disappearance & shut-down of comm/tracking signals & systems. ...and not, left to "now we got it - what are we going to do with it...and...where can we land before running out of fuel?".

Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join