It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Newly Discovered Ancient Manuscripts from Dead Sea Scrolls Cave.'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

greencmp
What else do these fools have hidden away?

The alien warp drive schematics.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

maybe the scrolls are about something that could change people's beliefs/loyalties to the system (be it money/religion/whatever)

something like UFOs, aliens, spaceships, reptillian, etc

of course i m just joking

peace

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Its curious why there are no first century texts..

almost as if everything around the time of Jesus was destroyed for some reason... OR hidden
It really makes one wonder, doesn't it?

Perhaps there are some texts that actually came from his time that might reveal what he really said...

That would be very refreshing! But, do you think those in possession of the texts would release them?
Curious, indeed.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

One thing we can count on is the ability to know if they are telling the truth when they release them.

If, after 70 years, they release the full contents and they don't contain something completely controversial and groundbreaking, then we know they are lying.

I'm guessing they have something in them that will change the foundation of understanding the church expresses when it comes to the messages they preach. Since money is normally the prime motivator for managing access to information, I'm thinking the contents will change the hegemony over the relationship between Christ, money, and social responsibility. I think it is something that will make the quest for power and wealth incompatible with Christianity.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

If, after 70 years, they release the full contents and they don't contain something completely controversial and groundbreaking, then we know they are lying.

That's a very good point!
I wonder, though, why they would announce this (or the Jewish scholar guy would do), if they aren't building up to something 'significant'. Certainly it helps keep the "tension" between religions going.

Or...no??

edit on 3/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: fix syntax

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

That would be very refreshing! But, do you think those in possession of the texts would release them?

Never... sadly enough

Even as it stands now, no church, pastor, minister, or priest will ever show their flock anything that might cause doubt...

that includes flaws, contradictions... or mistakes within the bible...

IF these so called "hidden texts" or unreleased texts have anything in them that goes against what the church teaches... the texts will be labeled heretical, or kept hidden from the public so they keep their power

Personally I believe they have texts that relate to Jesus being a man, not a God... which will never come to light

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
Wonder if the text will actually be released. We all know we can't have anything floating around that would make Christians look silly now don't we.

Of course the truth is the exact opposite.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Personally I believe they have texts that relate to Jesus being a man, not a God... which will never come to light

Goodness, yes. I also think he was a man....the "Trinity" thing never did click between my ears. (I'm a Deist; I believe that we are all part of the Divine.)

But, even if they have texts that do relate to Jesus being a man (and only a man), who would have written those? And how can it be that they're just now letting people know they have these things? I find it hard to believe that all these decades later no one has looked at/asked about them.

I don't know. The the timing just seems odd.

edit on 3/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: to add "I believe" instead of stating something as fact which I have no way of knowing. Sorry, everyone.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

the trinity is not biblical... read for yourself...

None of the apostles taught a triune God, nor did Jesus...

The trinity is a fabrication by the early church Fathers to try to explain something they didn't understand...

the choice was simple... Consider Jesus a blasphemer according to Judaic law, or make him God, which means he remained innocent according to that same law...

Jesus was most definitely divine, but he was not God in the flesh as John stated...

Though through out the NT you can clearly see his followers didn't understand him... that remains true even today

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I say the scrolls confirm that God did make us and that we are all worshiping the wrong master (or at least some). The text speaks to the Rockefeller and drench him in such shame that he can't bare to look at them. To share them would be admitting that he is wrong and that he is serving the wrong master and leading many away from the true light of the Most High. Keeping such information is greedy, deceitful and shows he has no interest in the truth or to share it.

This question of our origins is key to our future. You don't know where your going if you don't know where you came from. They are confusing us yet more and that seems to be the goal.

Those texts, I bet, are the apocalypse (this word means to reveal the truth).

The clock is ticking Mr. Rockefeller, nothing can protect you from the fate you created for yourself. I pray you make the right choice and share so that God may have mercy on your soul.

I have faith he will make the right choice.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

I don't understand what you mean.
Which is opposite of what?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Man, everyone tries to kill jesus divinity on ats, its complete b.s yes its your opinion if you believe christ is God's son or not but then why did romans tried to cover it up? Nero hated them and they just found a bunch of dead baby bones underneath a bathhouse. Herod child massacre?

At anyrate jesus aluded to His divinity and never admitting it. Through peter of course. Why would the son of God claim to be who he is? Unless you're a fraud like that lord ray el guy

Half of you believe in aliens, reincarnation and nibru
But God giving his only son just to show you how special mankind is....nah its stories of legend and other myths.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Please get your facts straight. Oh, I see, that was just some of your ignorance slipping by.

On topic: Very interesting. There's so much still hidden out there, so much information waiting to be found. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Cuervo

One thing we can count on is the ability to know if they are telling the truth when they release them.

I'm guessing they have something in them that will change the foundation of understanding the church expresses when it comes to the messages they preach. Since money is normally the prime motivator for managing access to information, I'm thinking the contents will change the hegemony over the relationship between Christ, money, and social responsibility. I think it is something that will make the quest for power and wealth incompatible with Christianity.

That's a fairly reasonable assumption, I would say. The Rockefellers seem to worship one 'God' only -money- and have a damn cheek keeping this information from those people whom it was presumably written for.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

the Christian religion is 1984 years old.
a manuscript that is 2000 years old will not embarrass a Christian.

Are you embarrassed about your poor logic and reasoning skills?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I agree with the hostility towards Christians and God here on ATS.

basically what they are is a bunch of evangelical atheists, with a lifetime of
putrid, infected, rotting resentments in their hearts which they will
not man up and deal with, they just want to whine and blame.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

math problem for you:

If the texts are more than 2000 years old and Jesus founded Christianity
1984 years ago, how would the writers of the texts write something about the future?

Take 2000 minus 1984 and the result is greater than 16 years.

The texts predate Christianity by 16 years.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just a feeling it might be this..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I wonder how this will affect our interpretation of the Judeo Christian Bible? Who knows what the Pope will have to admit to now considering he has already pretty much admitted the existence of Aliens.

Demons, Nephilim, fallen Seraphim, who knows???
edit on 7-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

spirited75
reply to post by Akragon

math problem for you:

If the texts are more than 2000 years old and Jesus founded Christianity
1984 years ago, how would the writers of the texts write something about the future?

Take 2000 minus 1984 and the result is greater than 16 years.

The texts predate Christianity by 16 years.

Ignorance is bliss.

Mum problem for you.
My mother was brought up with the Free Church of Scotland, she would tell you she did not read the New Testament, only the Old Testament and she would call herself a Christian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join