It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Newly Discovered Ancient Manuscripts from Dead Sea Scrolls Cave.'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Has he??!!! I missed that!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It has been nearly 100 years since the Fatima Secrets... and the PTB (Catholic Church) has left the whole 3 Secrets affair in a tangled mess

so, the Orphaned scrolls from different adjacent cave were not treated the same as the larger stash of scrolls in jars... at first...

but it really might be because the early Christian sect of zealots were considered whacko Jewish people that fell away from G-d (YHWH) and the deciphered texts are very detrimental of the Christian Cult...(my conjecture, based on catholic church past actions)

the Rockefeller connection seems to fly-in-the-face with this explanation, as the Rockefeller legacy would be to discredit Christanity in contrast to elevating the NWO-Illuminati...BUT... this is an example of leverage used by the Vatican to protect ItSelf

ADD

i would be very leery of forthcoming documents that pretend to be copies of the 'Lost texts'
i remember the "sanitized" version of the 3rd Secret that was rolled out for world consumption, some 40 years Late from the 1960 publication date set by the Apparition back in Fatima
edit on th31139419237707392014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

spirited75
reply to post by Akragon

math problem for you:

If the texts are more than 2000 years old and Jesus founded Christianity
1984 years ago, how would the writers of the texts write something about the future?

Take 2000 minus 1984 and the result is greater than 16 years.

The texts predate Christianity by 16 years.

Ignorance is bliss.

read the article

The Dead Sea Scrolls are a set of approximately 930 manuscripts – 750 in Hebrew, 150 in Aramaic and a small number in Greek – written on animal-skin parchments which contain some of the oldest known versions of the Hebrew Bible and are said to be the greatest archaeological find in history. The scrolls have been dated from the late third century BC to the first century AD

that gives about 70 years open to possibilities

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

andy1972
reply to post by beansidhe

How did the Rockerfellers come to have them....

they purchased them (all of them) but then released a few to be studied. They locked away the rest. They were working in collusion with the Rothschilds. They are not hiding it because it could make Christians or belief in God look bad....they are hiding the information for the exact opposite reason.

They want the state to be our god....they wants statism to be our religion

No, Israel is in possession of all scroll fragments and the complete translations have been published.

The Dead Sea Scrolls were purchased in 1954 for the State of Israel by Yigael Yadin. Yadin was an archaeologist whose research into the scrolls earned him the Israel Prize in Jewish Studies in 1956. The scrolls are housed permanently in The Shrine of the Book in Jerusalem.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

www.ibiblio.org...

edit on 7-3-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

"“Perhaps it’s not so far-fetched to see the Second Person of the Trinity, the Word, Who was present “In the beginning” (John 1: l), coming to lay down His life and take it up again (John 10: 18) not only as the Son of Man but also as a Child of other races?”

Just something to keep in mind, I did say "pretty much admitted" not actually admitted.

But lets face it given the size of our universe and the fact that nature produces infinite diversity in infinite combinations we are not the only life forms, sentient or otherwise that inhabits this verse. And to think we are is sheer arrogance on our part!

edit on 7-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

McGinty
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

The first vid could be graffiti done sourly be the filmmaker - proves nothing, really.

However, the second vid is very disturbing indeed. No offence hounddoghowlie, but can anyone else shed light on it? Is it representative, or as the guy tells the interviewer is it this just a few nutters?

The aggressive guys in the 2nd video are either Haredi or Hasidic Jews, both ultraorthodox subsets and not very representative of Jews or Israelis as a whole. You could go into a Hasidic neighborhood in Queens or Brooklyn and get a similar response from them. Using that video to justify that all Israeli Jews are hostile to Christians is like saying all African American men are criminals. The interviewer also didn't identify his religion so I can't be sure he was even a Christian.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yes you did, that's true! That's an interesting way to phrase it though, you're right.
How strange.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Hi, some of the links don't work for me, but as far as I can see from your link, he's only translated a few of the scrolls:

Yadin’s fieldwork, conducted in the 1950’s and 1960’s, encompassed many important excavations at a range of sites, including Hazor, caves of the Judean Desert, Masada, and Meggido. Employing thousands of volunteers from Israel and abroad, his vast archeological digs expanded the field tremendously. Yadin’s findings have shed light on various periods of ancient Israel, such as the Canaanite, First Temple, and Herodian periods, as well as the Bar Kokhba revolt. Perhaps his most famous contribution was his decoding and interpreting of several scrolls from the Dead Sea and the Judean Desert.

Sorry, maybe I'm just having one of those days, but I can't seem to find the translations

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.amazon.com...

Just a link to the people who say it isn't translated. It's been translated many different times. This book is one of hundreds.

Also, The Dead Sea Scrolls did not just contain books of the Bible. It contained many tribal works. It is a very interesting read. I recommend it. The importance of them is the almost word for word translations of the biblical copies contained, as many people theorized before their discovery that years and years of translations would have lead to mistranslations and different meanings over time. This proved not to be the case. It also showed the thought process and existence/traditions of a group of people that existed over a thousand years ago. I suggest you actually look into it. Becoming educated about these things is a surefire way of not falling prey to propaganda.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

pleasethink
www.amazon.com...

Just a link to the people who say it isn't translated. It's been translated many different times. This book is one of hundreds.

Also, The Dead Sea Scrolls did not just contain books of the Bible. It contained many tribal works. It is a very interesting read. I recommend it. The importance of them is the almost word for word translations of the biblical copies contained, as many people theorized before their discovery that years and years of translations would have lead to mistranslations and different meanings over time. This proved not to be the case. It also showed the thought process and existence/traditions of a group of people that existed over a thousand years ago. I suggest you actually look into it. Becoming educated about these things is a surefire way of not falling prey to propaganda.

it is said that the essenes were a messianic, apocalyptic sect. they found what some call a war scroll. which gives their view on the coming of the lord and their plan for the end of the present age they were in.
it is thought they based most of this view on the book of Isaiah, and the prophets.

then there is the copper scroll, that many think is a treasure map.

edit on 7-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I see you have read some of it. Like I said, it is of incredible archeological significance. I recommend it not only to Christians, but to all people.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasethink

yes i've read some, i like history and any field that has to do with it, and try to read what i can about it.
thing is there seems to be so much history from around the world, it's hard to pick what one wants to focus on.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

"“Perhaps it’s not so far-fetched to see the Second Person of the Trinity, the Word, Who was present “In the beginning” (John 1: l), coming to lay down His life and take it up again (John 10: 18) not only as the Son of Man but also as a Child of other races?”
I don't understand your use of quotation marks here because I don't know who you are quoting unless it is your own inner thoughts.
Anyway, I generally like to express my objection to the use of John 1 to support the Trinity, not that I necessarily object to the Trinity as an idea in particular, but because I don't think that Jesus is "the word" that the gospel here is talking about.
"The Logos" is what it is talking about, which is a philosophical concept that was central to the discussion in the Greek speaking world at that time.
"Word" is a strict literal translation of that word's original meaning, but it is better to keep it as "The Logos" in this context because that is actually the point of discussion.
Obviously it is hyperbolic language cycling through a series of metaphors to describe the writer's interpretation of this concept and using it to describe how God interacts with the universe in general and human beings in particular.
Jesus is not the "word of god". The word translated as "he" can equally be translated as "which" to refer to a thing, as opposed to a person.
I think that it has been traditionally mistranslated for the support of the Trinity doctrine where there is scant biblical evidence for it otherwise.
edit on 7-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Actually I was quoting from what Vatican Astronomer Guy Consolmagno said regarding the matter.

In turn he is quoting bible passages.

Its a Tablet issue, murder trying to embed links. sorry.
edit on 7-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

. . . I was quoting from what Vatican Astronomer . . .
Thanks.
I suspected that you were quoting someone but couldn't find it in one of the earlier posts.
So it was an outside the forum quote.
Anyway, I wasn't trying to attack you in particular.
I mainly take exception to the spouting of "Jesus is the word of god" as if that actually really means something.
Well, it doesn't, in my opinion, and it isn't one I just invented myself but comes from reading a very knowledgeable expert on John, a Christian, and university professor, who says that is completely wrong.
edit on 7-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The conspiracy here is to believe that these particular papers have been lying around next to all the others that have been studied and scrutinized by hundreds for decades, yet they have never been examined. Something stinks about this story.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by R_Clark

reply to post by borntowatch

i was replying to a members post about hiding some supposed imaginary truth about the origins of Christianity.
pointing out that jews don't coddle Christians.

i guess i should have said some instead of is not all that Christian friendly.
sometime the reading.., well i wont go there.

i should have pointed out that the IAA (Israel Antiquities Authority ) handles all matters of the dead sea scrolls in Israel.

In honor of the 60th anniversary of the discovery of the scrolls last year, the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA), the custodian of the scrolls, which maintains a laboratory dedicated solely to their conservation, convened a conference this year on the urgent matter of their conservation. The IAA called on experts from the Italian Ministry of Culture to seek solutions to unsolved issues, such as releasing fragments that are still encased in the original glass plates in which they were placed in the 1950s.

The Dead Sea Scrolls, Israel

then knowing that majority of the population of Israel identify as being jewish

Israel is also the only country in the world where a majority of citizens are Jewish. According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, the population in 2011 was 75.4% Jewish, 20.6% Arab, and 4.1% minority groups.[1] The religious affiliation of the Israeli population[vague] as of 2011 was 75.4% Jewish, 16.9% Muslim, 2.1% Christian, and 1.7% Druze, with the remaining 4.0% not classified by religion.[2]

then posted some of theses videos instead of a opinion piece from the wall street journal.

www.youtube.com...=208
i edited this and gave a link due to language, you should watch this one.

further, i support Israel and the Jewish state, sad fact is that just like any where else in the world one group hates another and Christians seem to take more heat world wide than anyone else.

edit on 6-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

McGinty

The first vid could be graffiti done sourly be the filmmaker - proves nothing, really.

However, the second vid is very disturbing indeed. No offence hounddoghowlie, but can anyone else shed light on it? Is it representative, or as the guy tells the interviewer is it this just a few nutters?

As an American Christian living in Israel for almost 4 years, I can say that neither me or my wife have ever felt discriminated against or mistreated in any way for being Christian (or American for that matter)... Quite the opposite in fact, we've been very well treated here.

Your first article was about a relatively small group of Palestinian Christians in the West Bank, and not Christians in Israel in general. And I think it is very likely they are mistreated more because they are being lumped in with all Palestinians rather than because they are Christian... I have an Arab Christian friend here, who lives in Israel, is an Israeli citizen, has a good job, and is well respected by our team.

Another thing - while the majority of the Israeli population identifies as Jewish, most are secular (I've heard #'s around 80%). The second video in your later post is NOT the majority, they are ultraconservative Orthodox Jews and some of those would be considered borderline extremist or radical. Some of the people (Jewish) I work with can't stand them - many are a burden on the welfare system and refuse to work and refuse to serve the mandatory military service, preferring to study Torah all day at the public's expense. Most of the bad behavior of religious Jews that is publicized abroad is going to be from the Orthodox community...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I will flag and star this thread because its interesting. I waded through a lot
of garbage to see if anything was clarified. Nearly everything was off topic.

First off the scrolls in question were there all along. They were tiny scrolls
inside Tehillim cases. No one ever thought to look and see. Tehillim are
portions of scripture that Orthodox Jews fasten to their foreheads and
wrists based on a literal interpretation of certain scriptures.
The contents hasn't been determined yet. They are not going to be of
major significance.

Instead of allowing stuff to run out your mouth more worthy of your
backside, I would suggest you at least read wikipedia's article on the Dead
Sea Scrolls.

Virtually everything written on the scrolls is available . Recent infrared
imaging may add some new material, such as palimpsest writings.

Some of the controversy that persists almost as urban legend is explained
in Wikipedia:

"publication of the scrolls has taken many decades, and delays have been
a source of academic controversy. The scrolls were controlled by a small
group of scholars headed by John Strugnell, while a majority of scholars had
access neither to the scrolls nor even to photographs of the text.
Scholars such as Hershel Shanks, Norman Golb and many others argued for
decades for publishing the texts, so that they become available to
researchers. This controversy only ended in 1991, when the Biblical
Archaeology Society was able to publish the "Facsimile Edition of the
Dead Sea Scrolls",

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If they hide truths from true bibles and bibles are true...then they are condemning all to hell.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Nothing new on that score in fact from the Gnostic perspective this is Hell!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join