It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

I'm Polish and when I heard the news about "protecting" Russia's interests I thought immediately of Soviet invasion of Poland under the pretext of "protecting" its russian speaking citizens.

Polish people are extremely divided when it comes to politics but I doubt you will find many who will trust Russia (over anything actually). We'd rather trust Germans
At least they acknoledged the mass murders. Russia is yet to do so (Katyń).

And I think the Ukrainians remember the Holodomor.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 5s
"Ukraine officials report Russian troop movements into Crimea from Russia. No confirmation from Russia." via @cnnbrk

hope it's fake

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 1m
Breaking News Ukr officials report RU troop movements into Crimea from Russia. No confirmation from Russia." -- CNN edition.cnn.com...
edit on 3-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

It's working for me

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Website Name:
webtv.un.orgURL Checked:
no responseResponse Time:
unknownLast Down:
DOWN
Webtv.un.org is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

got it ... think too many trying to log in

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
But i'm listening to it now lol
20:44: The Ukrainian border guard tells Reuters that a checkpoint at the ferry crossing between Russia and Crimea has been seized by three truckloads of armed men after they crossed from the Russian side.
20:40: Acting Ukrainian Defence Minister Ihor Tenyukh says that about 16,000 Russian servicemen are currently on Ukrainian territory, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reports, as seen by BBC Monitoring. The agency quotes Mr Tenyukh as telling the Inter TV channel that about 5,500 Russian special-purpose troops had been relocated to Ukraine.
edit on rdAmerica/Chicago303uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From BBC's live updates:

20:44: The Ukrainian border guard tells Reuters that a checkpoint at the ferry crossing between Russia and Crimea has been seized by three truckloads of armed men after they crossed from the Russian side.

So far it looks like Russia is limiting its operations to the Crimea and sealing it off from the Ukraine. I don't think we will see any incursions into the rest of the Ukraine unless things escalate due to conflict. Russia might just sit put in the Crimea until the referendum on Crimean independence at the end of March.

Edit to add:

I'm curious about the situation with Ukrainian military bases in the south. I'm aware Russian troops have them all surrounded but I'm wondering if they are allowing supplies in? If the Russians seal off the Crimea completely and don't allow Ukrainian troops in the area access to supplies things could get ugly.
edit on 3-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Few seconds to late mate xD

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This graphic just put up on Aljazeera -

Pretty accurate IMO, I think Putin is enjoying himself TBH..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

wanna play this you both are hours late

Dolby_X
sorry google translate

Crossing over the Kerch in UKRAINE broken truck with armed men

www.pravda.com.ua...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Touché XD

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Wookiep
This graphic just put up on Aljazeera -

Pretty accurate IMO, I think Putin is enjoying himself TBH..

Too funny

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS Ukraine's ousted President Viktor Yanukovych has written to Russian President Vladimir Putin asking him to use military force in Ukraine, says Russia's envoy to the UN, Vitaly Churkin.

The headlines are getting hot and heavy now. Just out from Bloomberg:

UKRAINE CRISIS 'BREEDING VERY SERIOUS RISKS FOR RUSSIA':CHURKIN
RADICAL EXTREMISTS TRYING TO TAKE CONTROL IN UKRAINE: CHURKIN
And Reuters with the punchline from Reuters:

RUSSIAN U.N. ENVOY CHURKIN SAYS UKRAINE'S OUSTED PRESIDENT YANUKOVICH HAS SENT LETTER TO PUTIN ASKING HIM TO USE RUSSIAN MILITARY FORCE IN UKRAINE
www.zerohedge.com...
edit on rdAmerica/Chicago303000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

Haha I actually quite like this analogy. It truly is a # storm - there are just so many complications.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

maddy21

ikonoklast
Sky News and some other major news outlets are reporting that Russia and China are 'In Agreement' over Ukraine. I saw a quote of exactly what China said, but before I could quote it and post it to ATS the story was lost in hundreds more updates and I can't find it in again now. Essentially China said they support sovereignty of countries and peaceful diplomatic solutions but then qualified that by saying that in this case, however, they recognized the long historic ties between Russia and Ukraine.

Can US really do anything is china decides to mess around in the south china sea... this would be such a perfect timing.. would leave NATO and the west confused .. China is watching how the west reacts, I bet if all west can do is talk and no action China will also move in .....

NATOs combined navy is probably 50 times larger and far more advanced than China's

It wouldn't be hard to blockade and starve china to death of oil and food.

China's troops would be forced to travel thousands of miles to Europe in order to fight, that's a rather huge logistical supply line with no air superiority

Lambs to the slaughter springs to mind

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS Ukraine's ousted President Viktor Yanukovych has written to Russian President Vladimir Putin asking him to use military force in Ukraine, says Russia's envoy to the UN, Vitaly Churkin.

BBC News Feed

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

twitter.com...

all point to a armed invasion of all the Ukraine hope no !

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

MessageforAll

Craap

That's pretty easy for him to do: he's not in Ukraine, where the action is.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

MessageforAll

The headlines are getting hot and heavy now. Just out from Bloomberg:

UKRAINE CRISIS 'BREEDING VERY SERIOUS RISKS FOR RUSSIA':CHURKIN
RADICAL EXTREMISTS TRYING TO TAKE CONTROL IN UKRAINE: CHURKIN
And Reuters with the punchline from Reuters:

RUSSIAN U.N. ENVOY CHURKIN SAYS UKRAINE'S OUSTED PRESIDENT YANUKOVICH HAS SENT LETTER TO PUTIN ASKING HIM TO USE RUSSIAN MILITARY FORCE IN UKRAINE
www.zerohedge.com...
edit on rdAmerica/Chicago303000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

The whole situation is escalating.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberheater

I'm noticing that the security council is really looking for a fight, very harsh words man... They keep on making the resemblance of Germany and Hitler...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hearing more news about the deployment of Russian troops in Ukraine. Russia are defiantly pushing it!

Oh dear

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join