It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

LOL!

The US could NEVER successfully pull off a draft nowadays! There would be an all out civil war before any form of government on any level in the US gets gets people to go to war. In fact, I would love to see the US try to instate a draft just to see our government get there asses handed to them by the real men and women of American who believe in self defense and not complete BS - if not only as a reminded to future governments that the public doesn't play that game anymore.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

LookAtThisMarsRock
Unconfirmed. Poland mobilizing.

Liveleak video

There is construction equipment on the train, so maybe just fortifying border?

its winter, 2.0c over there.
Doesn't look like it in the video's!
I'd love for Poland to be mobilizing but I don't think its true.

I'm not quite sure why you'd "love it", but it does appear to be true:

i.imgur.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

it's true but he video linked who he coment on is missdated

here a real one

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

ikonoklast

Dolby_X

We, the leaders of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States and the President of the European Council and President of the European Commission, join together today to condemn the Russian Federation’s clear violation of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, in contravention of Russia’s obligations under the UN Charter and its 1997 basing agreement with Ukraine. We call on Russia to address any ongoing security or human rights concerns that it has with Ukraine through direct negotiations, and/or via international observation or mediation under the auspices of the UN or the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. We stand ready to assist with these efforts.

more at the link www.whitehouse.gov...

Later in the same news release on the White House site it says:

We are united in supporting Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, and its right to choose its own future. We commit ourselves to support Ukraine in its efforts to restore unity, stability, and political and economic health to the country. To that end, we will support Ukraine’s work with the International Monetary Fund to negotiate a new program and to implement needed reforms. IMF support will be critical in unlocking additional assistance from the World Bank, other international financial institutions, the EU, and bilateral sources.

Can somebody translate politician speak? Because I'm not sure if this means:

a) The G7 countries are not going to do a thing except that once the dust settles they will try their best to get the victor to accept mega debt through the IMF and the World Bank to 'restore' the country, or

b) The G7 countries are actually saying, "Pretty please President Putin don't start WW3 and we will pay you off in billions through the IMF and World Bank that you can siphon off into your Swiss bank accounts,"

Or something else...?

Here we go....the banksters are at it again!!! This time they're not hiding...it's out in the open...

In Your Face Style 😤
(as they all High five each other secretly thanking Putin for putting in the pipelines that they are now trying to steal)

Last comment is purely personal opinion and not based on any facts what so ever (rolls eyes)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 4m
Commander of #Balaklava military unit No2382 withheld separately from soldiers -KrymSOS FB |PR #CrimeaInvasion #Ukraine

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LookAtThisMarsRock

Multiple sources have said that Poland is moving equipment towards the border, but it's for an exercise. Pretty convenient that it'll be right there if they do need it though.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This will just be another storm in a teacup.. Localised at worst, although I'm sure people in the former Soviet states are rather nervous right now.. Nobody is foolish to nuke anyone plus Russia only has numbers, their kit is crap as we demonstrated in Iraq, Libya et al.. Our new type 45s could make short work of their Baltic fleet.. Not worried one bit..

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

G7 finance ministers say they are committed to mobilize rapid technical assistance to Ukraine - @Reuters

G7 finance ministers' joint statement: They are united in commitment to provide strong financial backing to Ukraine - @Reuters

Radars and spy equipment on its way.
edit on 2-3-2014 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Expected,at 8am #BalaklavaMU No2382 soldiers will be given choice:write dismissal report or move to pro-3russian newCrimeaArmy side -KrymSOS

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Multiple sources have said that Poland is moving equipment towards the border, but it's for an exercise. Pretty convenient that it'll be right there if they do need it though.

That is because Poland remembers what happens when you let a country "annex" lands adjacent to them for their "safety" without swift reprisals.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

EvanB
m.youtube.com...

Such a great, and timeless song.

The question is, who are the War Pigs this time around my brother?
~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Loadstain
This article gave me insight that I haven't seen before about the players involved in this crisis. Maybe in this case Mr. Putin isn't the bad guy he is being portrayed to be. Let's hope things will calm down and avoid major bloodshed.

Thoughts?

"Let me make sense of what’s happening in Ukraine for you as that country descends into armed chaos, threatening to oust the legitimately elected Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich and place the country in the hands of rebel forces spearheaded by Ukrainian neo-Nazis and Chechen Islamist radicals."

www.wnd.com...

That was an excellent article...but only a fraction possibly of the real truth.

The long version that is.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Exactly. I was having this discussion earlier, IRL, and Poland is not going to let it happen again. They have the resources now to put up a hell of a fight, as well as the training.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

xxdaniel21
Didn't want to start a new thread, but this was uploaded around 30 minutes ago.

Could be a repost, but i'm not too sure, so here it is.

If the video doesn't work, here is the ID

vBtZMAgCE_Q
edit on 2-3-2014 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2014 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

ok the video came from 2008 conflict this not news

youtu.be...
edit on 2-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 2m
Tensions remains at the #Ukrainian military unit No1656 in #Sevastopol during several hours - KrymSOS FB |PR News #CrimeaInvasion

twitter.com...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 2m
#Ukrainian soldiers from MU No1656 in #Sevastopol received ultimatum from unknown armed men to lay down their weapons -KrymSOS FB|PR #Crimea

edit on 2-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I agree.. I have worked with Polish forces On exercises and found them to be hard chargers and good soldiers.. Certainly not pushovers..

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

I think the US would have absolutely no problem pulling off a draft if the US mainland was being invaded by a superior military force

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAlive

That and the fact that local militias would pop up everywhere.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

A very apt track for the time.. "They were gathered in their masses" with the politicians as the sorcerers..

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Exercise my arse, more like cautious prepping. Better safe than sorry, as we say. They've done this song & dance before, I doubt they'd want to be taken over yet again no matter how slim the actual chances are.

Is it just me, or is Ukrainian info becoming a little more sparse today than it was yesterday? Chalk it up to weekend reporting, or someone breaking out the ol' news noose?

Edit: OMG. SONG and dance, SONG. OMG. I swear, my mind's not in the gutter, I don't know where that came from. Freudian slip?
edit on 3/2/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join