It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 353
<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Apparently more sanctions on Russia are being discussed.

RT ‏@RT_com · 4m
‘We are to see severe destruction of Western economic system’ on.rt.com...

English EuroMaidan ‏@EuroMaidanEN · 20m
British Foreign Secretary says the UK is prepared to make economic sacrifices to help Ukraine (more in the... fb.me...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 13m
#Ukraine files complaints to the international court about human rights violation in #Crimea tsn.ua... … |PR News #Russia

edit on 15-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 18s
#Kramatorsk, E #Ukraine: situation is stable now.Earlier insurgents tried attacking military base but failed @LIGAnet pic.twitter.com/FKMZdckhDq[e/x]

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've got stocks and shares in various companies and in the last week I've noticed a dramatic dip in the markets across the world due to what is going on in Ukraine. I've had just over %10 wiped off the value of my portfolio. The quicker this crisis can be sorted the better. Sanctions hurt EVERYONE, not just the Russian economy.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
From Voice of Russia

Putin told Ban in telephone talks that Russia "expects clear condemnation from the United Nations and the international community of the anti-consitutional actions" by Ukraine, which according to Putin had sharply worsened the crisis in the country, the Kremlin said in a statement. Fatalities would represent a "very, very dangerous escalation" in the situation, VoR's Dmitry Linnik told the BBC. He said that if there is a major loss of life, there may be an imperative for Russia to take action. "Russia wouldn’t be very comfortable with having to move into eastern Ukraine, it would feel cornered if forced to move in."

edit on 15/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

ProfessorT
I've got stocks and shares in various companies and in the last week I've noticed a dramatic dip in the markets across the world due to what is going on in Ukraine. I've had just over %10 wiped off the value of my portfolio. The quicker this crisis can be sorted the better. Sanctions hurt EVERYONE, not just the Russian economy.

of course, some members were claiming the opposite...

something else to consider:

Palladium futures rose to the highest since 2011 as escalating tensions in Ukraine fueled concern that sanctions will restrict supply from Russia, the world’s biggest producer.

Palladium Rises to 32-Month High on Ukraine Turmoil

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I saw the article on inagist.com and all I can say is that the man's hypocrisy in the matter never ceases to amaze me...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

demus

ProfessorT

of course, some members were claiming the opposite...

something else to consider:

Palladium futures rose to the highest since 2011 as escalating tensions in Ukraine fueled concern that sanctions will restrict supply from Russia, the world’s biggest producer.

Palladium Rises to 32-Month High on Ukraine Turmoil
My next investment!

I think I read the price of Gold has gone up as well. All of the everyday essentials will start to rise too. If countries want to effectively block Russia out of their economies they need to have back up plans for resources such as gas supplies, etc.
edit on 15-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

On the other hand, the ruble continues its race to irrelevance:

www.xe.com...

You literally could not buy a pack of chewing gum for a ruble. Zero chance of it ever becoming a global reserve currency.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Myroslava Petsa @myroslavapetsa #Crimea puppet governor Aksyonov says #Putin said no to his request for sending Russian troops to Ukraine, warns of danger of III World War 11 mins ago 18 retweets |

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by demus

On the other hand, the ruble continues its race to irrelevance:

www.xe.com...

You literally could not buy a pack of chewing gum for a ruble. Zero chance of it ever becoming a global reserve currency.

Its actually odd i havnt figured out why Russia's central bank isnt taking steps to stop this. It really makes no sense It means capitol flight will occur in such huge numbers that there wont be a Russian economy. Im guessing they either have decided the currency will rebound do to some factor everyones unaware of or they just dont have the capitol to prop it up??

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Based on the looks of that, Putin might be wanting WWIII soon.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yep it appears that way, the banks not doing anything means WAR.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

currencies go up and down.

dollar had it's ups and downs as well.

I never claimed that Russia economy will not be affected.

I was just saying that probably global economy will be affected.

you cannot isolate Russia or any other "big player" without suffering loses yourself.

actually, that could be one of the reasons why They play this game in Ukraine.

some will benefit.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

you cannot isolate Russia or any other "big player" without suffering loses yourself.

some will benefit.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

demus
reply to post by DJW001

some will benefit.

Well this is currency destruction and as i said cant figure out why the russians are letting it free fall like that. Perhaps people are right if they are thinking of a war it doesnt matter because the currency will only be accepted internally. If thats not the case than by the end of next month the paper its printed on will be worth more. Now Russia does have diamond reserves it could use to prop up the ruble so now that i think about it its not lack of money maybe they realize they would just be unable to stop it??

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Russia has dropped a lot of money trying to hold the ruble stable on the world market. When this mess first started and the 1st round of sanctions hit, Russia had to spend close to 10 billion to reinforce the Ruble. They pinned some of their hopes on Germany taking a position against sanctions and I don't think that worked out to well.

I think Russia feels that they have Europe over an economic barrel, and to an extent they do. However, I don't think Putin considered the possibility that Europe would have taken the option that hurt them economically. I also think the gas supply issue to Europe was over played as well.

No one is going to walk away from this without injury. How painful those injuries are though is Putin's choice.

reply to post by dragonridr

There have been discussion among Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan about replacing local currencies with a new one.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted already, but an unarmed Russian fighter/bomber, Su-24 Fencer, buzzes a US Naval ship out at 1000 yards a dozen times.

The aircraft, reportedly a Russian Air Force Su-24 Fencer, flew within 1,000 yards of the USS Donald Cook, the U.S. Navy destroyer currently operating in the Black Sea. According to the Associated Press, the Fencer flew at 500 feet ASL (Above Sea Level) and performed passes that the ship commander considered “provocative and inconsistent with international agreements.”

The ship, that has been operating in the Black Sea since Apr. 10, issued several radio calls and warnings to the Fencer, that was unarmed and was never in real danger of coming in contact with the ship.

Noteworthy, the U.S. warship was also being shadowed by a Russian Navy frigate, but this is just routine during operations conducted in international waters east of Romania.

Such close encounters are quite frequent is seas around the world. Some years ago a pair of Tu-95 Bear flew quite close to USS Nimitz in the Pacific. For sure, when this happens in the Black Sea and amid raising tensions following the Russian invasion of Crimea, the episode assumes a completely different meaning.

Source: theaviationist.com...
edit on 15-4-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Possible Russian invasion strategies. via Royal United Services Institute

pic.twitter.com/lxGNNepnH6
edit on 15-4-2014 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I pointed this out weeks ago when most of you still thought Obama couldn't win against the mighty
Putin... seems i was right again...

Ruble in free fall to oblivion

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:15:38 -0500153America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

asen_y2k

Myroslava Petsa @myroslavapetsa #Crimea puppet governor Aksyonov says #Putin said no to his request for sending Russian troops to Ukraine, warns of danger of III World War 11 mins ago 18 retweets |

Sounds like Obama gave him an ultimatum during their talks the other day..

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

"No one is going to walk away from this without injury. How painful those injuries are though is Putin's choice. "

Have you ever played chicking in your old banger car as a youth with someone who think they own the road and is driving a nice new top of the range model ?

Would you like to guess who blinked first !

I think and maybe I am wrong but Russia can take a few knocks to its economy because it does not have an elephant siting over its head in the form of $1000tr credit default swaps (CDS) and if that little baby starts to wobble then my advise is to run for the hills.

China knows that if Russia takes a beating then it is their head on the blocks next so I just cannot see that being allowed to happen can you.

top topics

<< 350  351  352    354  355  356 >>

join