It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misunderstandings about the Holy Scriptures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I've been around awhile and have read a lot of inaccurate and slanderous information about the Bible on this form. It seems there is an unending attack on God's word from all quarters, not the least being so-called followers of it, who twist it to no end. Of course, without a doubt, a lot of dabblers in the occult have been mislead into believing lies about it and happily spread lies as well about it. We can really go on for hours about all of the inaccurate, and slanderous things that have been said about it, mostly from uninformed and prejudiced people, sometimes from people who intentionally lie. Whatever the case a lot of misinformation is out there.

Anyway I thought I'd make this post to point out a few major blunders people have when reading the Bible and judging God.

(ETA: Well, really most these people have never read the Bible, they usually rely on what other uniformed people, who may sound intelligent say).

The first misconception is that Jehovah God, the Father and Creator of his only-begotten son, and first creation (by means of whom he created all other things both seen and unseen) put Jesus to death. That he was the one that sacrificed as if he was evil.

But that is not what the Bible teaches. It is very clear that from the very beginning when Jesus was born Satan the Devil was trying to destroy Jesus. For example, when Satan sent a star to some magi, or astrologers from Persia and lead them to Herod the Great, it was for the purpose of having the infant Jesus put to death. And indeed, that star lead to the death of all the children under 2 years of age (the age Herod surmised Jesus must have been, when these wise men arrived with him.)

Notice they did not go to a manger to see a baby Jesus, and they were not lead by God. God desists astrology and magic. But we digress, you can see how false lies about the Bible are very commonly believing, even in something as simple as this story though, so it leaves a good point.

It was God himself who had to warn Joseph (Jesus' step-father) in a dream to run away so that Jesus was not put to death.

And several other occasions, documented in the Bible, Jesus escapes attempts on his life, usually by wicked religious leaders (no doubt spurred on by Satan.) The scripture always reveals that Jesus escaped, because he knew his time to die had not yet come:

(John 7:30) 30 Hence they began seeking to get hold of him, but no one laid a hand upon him, because his hour had not yet come.

(John 8:20) These sayings he spoke in the treasury as he was teaching in the temple. But no one laid hold of him, because his hour had not yet come.

etc.

You get the point. what happened when the time had come for Jesus to die? Jehovah did not put him to death. Jesus merely stopped evading the attempts of is enemies to murder him, and allowed himself to be murdered at the hands of the wicked disgusting religious leaders of the Jews, and the weak-minded fools who lead the Romans there in Jerusalem at the time. These all banded together, lead by Satan the Devil to destroy Jesus.

Well that is one lie cleared up. Many blame Jehovah for something that Satan did. And they do this over and over.

Another glaring example is that of calling God bloodthirsty for waging righteous warfare against incorrigible people. Yet the Bible teaches us that God would rather show mercy upon wicked people, and he desires to put no one to death. For example, Jehovah himself says:

(Ezekiel 33:11) . . .“As I am alive,” is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, “I take delight, not in the death of the wicked one, but in that someone wicked turns back from his way and actually keeps living. . . .

In fact, the Bible tells of a future war it names Armageddon. There Jehovah will fight against wicked mankind and destroy all who oppose him.

But notice, he does not want to fight that war. In fact the reason why that day has not yet come, Jehovah himself tells us:

(2 Peter 3:9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

Notice his patience with this wicked disgusting system of things has nothing to do with being slow, rather he is patient because he would prefer that all repent of their bad ways.

In any event, if you read Bible prophecy you will discern that God himself does not instigate the battle of Armageddon. Rather he has foretold that Satan the Devil and his demons will gather all mankind together to attack Jehovah's people. And in order for them to not be eliminated from off the surface of the earth, God will have to act to defend his people, and sanctify his name before the nations.

So far from being the bloodthirsty God, he is a patient God, and Armageddon itself is a defensive maneuver on his part to protect his meek and innocent, and defenseless servants who are alive on earth. Satan is the bloodthirsty tyrant who plans on murdering all the innocent people he can.

Yet many people here will continue to degrade and slander Jehovah God, even after knowing these facts. Others are really clueless as to the true nature of these things.

God is not an aloof, angry, or evil person. He created life because of love. Why not get to know the real God? You might really be surprised as to what you will find.

He does not burn people like false religionists who defame and slander him claim. Jehovah himself said that the idea of burning people has never even entered into his heart:

Jeremiah 7:31) And they have built the high places of To′pheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hin′nom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart.’

And he does not harm anyone with anything wicked. For nothing bad comes from him. He does not cause people's death. He does not torture people, he is not the cause of badness that you see:

(James 1:13) . . .When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.

(Acts 17:24-31) . . .The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples, 25 neither is he attended to by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all [persons] life and breath and all things. 26 And he made out of one [man] every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of the dwelling of [men], 27 for them to seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. 28 For by him we have life and move and exist, even as certain ones of the poets among YOU have said, ‘For we are also his progeny.’ 29 “Seeing, therefore, that we are the progeny of God, we ought not to imagine that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone, like something sculptured by the art and contrivance of man. 30 True, God has overlooked the times of such ignorance, yet now he is telling mankind that they should all everywhere repent. 31 Because he has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has furnished a guarantee to all men in that he has resurrected him from the dead.”

edit on 1-3-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iSomeone

I think what people do not understand is that "bad" things are not "bad" / "evil" unless they are unjust. Further, in the matter of unjust things, even the things which are normally considered "good" can be bad / evil, if they are unjust.

So, all things can be bad or good depending solely on whether they are just or unjust -- all things but Father, anyways. Only he is truly good / unable to be unjust. Mark 10:18

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

The reason Jehovah (the existing one) is slandered by many is that the bible has been corrupted by the other side and is not pure words anymore and many can feel the wrongness both logically and spiritually in their soul. The words have been tainted to be small minded simplification that sound very close to the real thing but is a diversion pointing of the path Jesus walked.

It is part of the ego demonic manipulation of the word that separate the ones who follow the wrongness and those who feel the wrongness being there and avoids it. Sometimes the being is so pure the wrongness/manipulation are not even noticed by the being so the manipulation to go the wrong way have no effect on them.

In a way you can also say that god could have stopped the flow of evolved souls and let humanity de-evolve into even more pure ego demonic beings but choose to let souls sacrifice their comforts for the benefit of the fallen ones to try to make them evolve back into grace. God knows what god is doing. Putting the chosen in danger to allow itself to judge the corrupted ones on this side instead of the normal waiting until the soul reaches the other side. Both god and the fallen ones are in a way pushing for the battle of souls. There is a limit to even gods patience and god is creating itself a tool to remove gods patience so god can strike without mercy with a pure karmatic rage.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The high level of ignorance of the Bible and extreme level of bad hermeneutics on this forum is astonishing. I mean, I knew it was bad before I started reading ATS, but I am shocked now.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
the bible says
"test all things, hold fast to that which is good"
"seek the creator of pleaides and orion"
"...pray in secret!"
"anyone who is a friend of the world, is an enemy of God"
"if the last days were not shortened, no life would be left"
"...to receive a mark on the hand or head, and none could buy or sell without the mark"
"because you have said in your heart, i will be like the most high"

if a person doesn't "get" these simple little things i think they'll be swayed by anything

hermeneutics

is that a yoga technique developed by harry potter fans?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
There are two main reasons:

1. Christians wont kill you, regardless of how devout they are or how disrespectful you can be.

2. People over 16 who still believe in Santa or Jehovah are pitied by most people.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There isn't one interpretation on the bible. There are a lot of clues in it to take the inner path.
edit on 1-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The first misconception is that Jehovah God, the Father and Creator of his only-begotten son, and first creation (by means of whom he created all other things both seen and unseen) put Jesus to death.

It seems that YOU are one of those with a misconception...

John 1:1-5

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

and then a few verses later in John 1:14

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus Christ is not a created being... He IS God. He has existed from everlasting, and will exist until everlasting

We see this in Psalm 90:2

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

As we saw in John 1:3, The Word, aka Jesus Christ, made everything. Then in Psalm 90 we see that the one who brought forth the whole world is from everlasting to everlasting, and that the one who did that IS God. It's a pretty simple concept to understand. Are you using the apostate New World Translation "Bible"?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Think of Father like consciousness that creates - he is thinker / awareness - the creator of sensations. His will which allows for creation is The Holy Spirit - He manifests with his will. His thoughts, or the image of his thoughts, his body, and form of his thoughts / concepts are Jesus.

Without thought, without Jesus, you would not have a thinker / Father. If you do not have a creation, you do not have a creator. The same goes for the Holy Ghost... without will / spirit, there is no creator, no ability to create.

This is why you cannot separate the Trinity. Remove one and you lose the others. You must have Consciousness, Will, and Creation to have anything.

You can not remove one from the other - you can only distinguish one from the other.

You may identify most with your consciousness as being you, but without your will / spirit, you are not conscious, nor are you existent without the form which makes up your being or the thoughts which show you are conscious.

Mind, Spirit, and Body is the correct understanding. Or if you like, Soul, Spirit, and Body. Where a Soul is an eternal mind / consciousness / awareness.

Jesus is the body of God - the physicality of creation. The creator, is Father - the thinker or mind. The Holy Ghost is his will or Spirit - the "energy" or manifestation of awareness into physicality.
edit on 3/1/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Greets, I did not come to argue. If you have your strongly entreched beliefs I respect them.

Of course you could have used that same chapter of John and really showed us what it says about God, namely that no one has ever seen him:

(John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him.

And since John wrote that after Jesus had died and went to heaven, we know that Jesus wasn't God, for John wasn't lying, and he was a very close friend of Jesus, who saw him on many occasions.

In fact he called Jesus the only-begotten. Someone who is begotten is created.

It is hard to let go of wrong teachings. But a love of God's word will let us let go of pride, and hatred of truth. Love of God and his word will let us accept it for what it is, the truth. You see even you are tested as to where your heart lies. In pagan myths taught as truth, or in the word of God. You have the option to decide what you choose to believe.

Just a couple of other scriptures for thought. Jesus was lead into the wilderness after he was baptized to be tempted. Now we both know God cannot be tempted for scripture states:

"When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone." - James 1:13.

Jehovah cannot be tempted with evil, we know this. Yet Jesus was tempted three times by the Devil. One of these temptations was to bow down and worship him. Also Satan offered all the kingdoms of the earth to Jesus if he would worship him. Yet Jesus rejected Satan and said that he would only worship his Father Jehovah:

(Matthew 4:8-10) . . .Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, 9 and he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

We both know that Jesus could not have been God. We both know that God could not have been tempted with something he already owned. We both know that God could not be tempted to worship anyone. And we both know that God cannot be tempted with evil. Yet Jesus his son was. (We both also know that no one can ever see God.)

Also, something else to think about. Who can God learn obedience to? Nothing, for he is Almighty, he is the Supreme, from everlasting to everlasting, needing nothing. It is by means of him that all things have come into existence and were created.

Yet we both know that Jesus learned obedience to God, by the things he suffered:

(Hebrews 5:8) . . .Although he was a Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered.

These three things are undeniable. We both know what scripture states. But why is it that even when you see it, some cannot accept the word of truth, but have to hold on to false religious lies?

That is wherein lies the beauty of God's word. For it reveals to you who you are. You cannot accept it, or understand it, if you have not the correct heart condition.

(Matthew 11:25) . . .“I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes."

(Hebrews 4:12) . . .For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I will not comment on the deity of Christ here as it would derail the thread, but feel free to message me or start another thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

It is true no man has seen God (his actual being) but, he has shown up to many people in visions, and so has Christ also shown himself in visions and in spirit. (I know). . He did allow Moses to see his back, or shadow. But it was the only time as real and not a vision.

I made a comment on this site here about God and these kinds of things once, and then a few months later I found a website unrelated to this one with people blasting my "pro God" comments here at ATS with the most heinous put downs and comments I could imagine. They were persecuting me and throwing out mass hatred just because I said here a long time before about why I believe and my own true testimony and experiences. I don't know how I found them, but it was strange because I would have probably never seen their comments against me.

So, I have experienced in full splendor that their are vicious anti Christians here and elsewhere completely willing to blast into the topic. What is funny about this is that the least of their insults were calling me irrational simply because of my beliefs. I guess their visible hatred and slander didn't count as irrational to them..

Even people that don't believe at all in God will publicly ridicule God with cute nicknames designed to make the believer out to be some kind of mental retard. My favorite one is the flying spaghetti monster.
What really scares me for those that do this, is he might just show himself to these people AS that image some day, like a real scary entity made out of spaghetti.
I know what would happen though...

They would be crying and saying they didn't mean it and were really sorry. And I hope he has mercy. I don't wish bad things about anyone and especially I would never wish judgement from God upon anyone. Real Christians are never ever supposed to say someone will go to hell. Only Christ has the authority to even say anything about this.

If people only knew how friendly and kind and forgiving He is, there wouldn't be so much hostility based upon ignorance, and a desire not to want to understand why things actually happen the way they do, with so much evil allowed to happen..

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

iSomeone
God desists astrology and magic.

I thought Christians LOVED astrology...

Christianity and Astrology

iSomeone
Another glaring example is that of calling God bloodthirsty for waging righteous warfare against incorrigible people. Yet the Bible teaches us that God would rather show mercy upon wicked people, and he desires to put no one to death.

God is not an aloof, angry, or evil person. He created life because of love. Why not get to know the real God? You might really be surprised as to what you will find.

He does not burn people like false religionists who defame and slander him claim. Jehovah himself said that the idea of burning people has never even entered into his heart

And he does not harm anyone with anything wicked. For nothing bad comes from him. He does not cause people's death. He does not torture people, he is not the cause of badness that you see

Soo he shows mercy to the wicked, but he will really mess up his own followers? For example, Job? God destroyed his livelihood, murdered his family (who I also believe got burnt when his house burnt down?) and gave job a horrendous illness.. Simply to win a game with Satan of "he loves me more than you"?!

That's pretty dark stuff man...

Here's Job in lego form:

iSomeone
Yet many people here will continue to degrade and slander Jehovah God, even after knowing these facts.

How do you know they are facts?

If your answer is because of the Bible, how do you know that bible is factual?

If you say because it's God's book, how do you know it's God's book? How do you know it's not a book written by men, that could have easily been altered to help rulers control their population.

Also it's been blatantly altered to coincide with pagan festivals, this was to convert the pagans, how do you know this hasn't happened before?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA:

I don't want Christians to stop believe in God, seriously, I believe there could be a God and I believe Jesus was a real man. I want Christians to stop quoting a book word for word, a book that we have no way of knowing is real or not. If the bible you have just quoted is the same as the original bible after Jesus's death, I will happily eat my own head.
edit on 2-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Jesus is The Son of God and The Image of The Invisible God (Colossians 1:15, 2 Corinthians 4:4).
God himself is The Father of Compassion and all Comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3).

The point of Jesus being here is to show the perfection of God so that we can be like him, not serving our own selfish interests but living humble in love and service of one another. (Philippians 2:3-5)

Since Jesus is the only one who does this perfectly, he is called The Image of God, God in The Flesh and has equality with God. He is called the "Son" of God because God The Father is Spirit but Jesus Christ who was in The Flesh. The Father which is Spirit created The Physical.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

In the end of that with Job, God did give him back all he lost and restored everything, and he even had much more than he had before.. That isn't dark stuff there. He was teaching Job something. Not just something for his worldly existence, but perhaps something that would last forever.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

arpgme
Jesus is The Son of God and The Image of The Invisible God (Colossians 1:15, 2 Corinthians 4:4).
God himself is The Father of Compassion and all Comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3).

The point of Jesus being here is to show the perfection of God so that we can be like him, not serving our own selfish interests but living humble in love and service of one another. (Philippians 2:3-5)

Since Jesus is the only one who does this perfectly, he is called The Image of God, God in The Flesh and has equality with God. He is called the "Son" of God because God The Father is Spirit but Jesus Christ who was in The Flesh. The Father which is Spirit created The Physical.

No doubt Jesus was a great man, a man who deserves remembering and should be followed. However, I believe the bible to have been corrupted and I have evidence to support this.

I just don't want people to blindly follow a book, you should always question what is put in front of you, otherwise you can easily be led astray.

If I said to you that I am a vessel for the Lord and I want you to go jump off a bridge to prove your faith, would you do it? Or would you say, "Hang on, I am going to question if you really are God's vessel".

I don't understand why you would question a person, but not a person who wrote a book about God.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Scripture spitting contests and the usual 'I'm right and everyone else is wrong with biblical interpretation' stuff - belong in the off topic religion forum, not on the main conspiracy boards.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The only spitting I usually see is when people misunderstand something, and instead of figuring it out or even attempting to, they just "spit on it" and everyone else within their field of vision.. This is kind of what the OP is about.

People are either spitting because they misunderstand, don't wish to, misread, take out of context, begin hating, start fuming, start flaming..

It just coincidentally falls right into what the evil one wants

How perfectly impressive can it get

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The devil asked the same thing of Jesus in the desert, to jump off the cliff and that God would surely save him, but that is putting God to the test. Asking him to prove himself. It is ridiculous to do that if you know God. Maybe to those that don't believe it isn't thought of that way, but to those that already believe, who are they to demand he prove anything? Just dust in the wind, which is what all humans are.

In other words, human arrogance and angriness and hostile demands won't be a convincing way to have the Almighty prove anything. Humility and love and patience and all those nice virtues and attributes which seem to be difficult for humans, and even impossible for many, would be more likely to be helpful.

Just saying

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

alienreality

The devil asked the same thing of Jesus in the desert, to jump off the cliff and that God would surely save him, but that is putting God to the test. Asking him to prove himself. It is ridiculous to do that if you know God. Maybe to those that don't believe it isn't thought of that way, but to those that already believe, who are they to demand he prove anything? Just dust in the wind, which is what all humans are.

In other words, human arrogance and angriness and hostile demands won't be a convincing way to have the Almighty prove anything. Humility and love and patience and all those nice virtues and attributes which seem to be difficult for humans, and even impossible for many, would be more likely to be helpful.

Just saying

I'm not saying you need to ask the Lord to prove anything, what I'm saying is that you need to question a book, written by men, actually POWERFUL men, before you go preaching, ranting and raving about every word and hidden meaning in it. It's not the word of God or the word of Jesus, it is stories, written by men long after his death.

What I'm getting at is, the Bible is fantastic for basic morals, even for learning of the existence of Jesus. However you can not find God in any earthly book, you find him in yourself, you are his creation and you have been (supposedly) created in his image, shouldn't we look for Him within ourselves rather than in a very unreliable book that has been proved wrong countless times? Only men can be proved wrong which just proves the bible is not words from God.

You need to find God on your own terms, not on someone else's just because they wrote a book about it.

Just saying.
edit on 2-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join