It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Zarqawi Group Posts Video of Attack on UK Troops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
With the stage now set for all out battle in Fallujah. A new video has surfaced. According to the following report a group led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has posted a video on the internet today of a suicide car bombing which killed three British troops in Iraq...

Yahoo/Reuters Full Article

DUBAI (Reuters) - A group led by al Qaeda ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi posted an Internet video on Sunday of a suicide car bombing which killed three British troops in Iraq (news - web sites).

The tape showed a dark-colored car driving down a road and then slowing down, allowing several other vehicles to pass, before it blew up in apparent footage of Thursday's attack.

Plumes of black smoke rose as the man behind the camera, who was taping from a distance, shouted "God is greatest." A script on the video identified the bomber as Abu Suleiman and said he had waited for civilian cars to pass before blowing up his car.

The three soldiers and an Iraqi translator were killed when the car bomber attacked their checkpoint south of Baghdad in the first suicide attack on UK forces in Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

According to the report from Reuters the group posted the video on a Web site often used by Islamists and carrying the logo of Al Qaeda Organization of Holy War in Iraq, also showed what it said were British troops removing the bodies and the injured as well as a helicopter airlifting them, also an unidentified man was shown kicking a severed arm and stomping on it.

It would not be a good thing to be in this group if found in Fallujah by British forces.

WARNING: The following thread contains a post submitted by a member of ATS which has a link to download the video in question, and may display GRAPHIC CONTENT.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
There's a forum that has a link called:

شريط..عملية استشهادية في القوات البريطانية تنظيم القاعدة في العراق

which translates to:
Tape. 22#.[e'mlyt] martyr in the forces British organization of Al-Qaeda in Iraq

I don't know if that's the link to the video or not.

Can someone log into the site below and try and open that link?
www.alba6al.net...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sick twisted animals!

I really do hope they catch these people.

If they keep posting these videos to the internet, the CIA/FBI/MI6 etc surely could trace it back to whoever keeps posting them.

I mean even on ATS, im sure SO knows what ip address each member on this site has, convert it to the host name, trace it back.

Obviously its not as simple as that but im sure they have better resources and skills from recruited hackers etc that could trace them back.

[edit] MI5-MI6

[edit on 7-11-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

I really do hope they catch these people.

If they keep posting these videos to the internet, the CIA/FBI/MI6 etc surely could trace it back to whoever keeps posting them.

I mean even on ATS, im sure SO knows what ip address each member on this site has, convert it to the host name, trace it back.

I agree, But perhaps these 'animals' are more advanced than anyone would like to believe.

You'd think if they can find hackers they could trace the source of these terrorist postings.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I agree, But perhaps these 'animals' are more advanced than anyone would like to believe.

You'd think if they can find hackers they could trace the source of these terrorist postings.

I also agree, and the saying goes...The best hackers are the ones that you have never heard of.

Although they could be alot more advanced and skillful as we would like to believe, posting on any website,and even uploading, i dont know the connection these people have in Iraq but it would still take at least a minute to upload this sort of thing, but saying this the person who owns the board no doubt is against the attacks on Iraq so would probably not want to give information to any agencies.

Doesnt mean to say the agencies cant monitor the well known site/s.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
According to the report from Reuters the group posted the video on a Web site often used by Islamists and carrying the logo of Al Qaeda Organization of Holy War in Iraq, also showed what it said were British troops removing the bodies and the injured as well as a helicopter airlifting them, also an unidentified man was shown kicking a severed arm and stomping on it.

It would not be a good thing to be in this group if found in Fallujah by British forces.

I found the video.

Martyr operation from Al-Qaeda against the forces British south
عااااااجل......شريط....عملية استشهادية لليث من ليوث القاعدة ضد القوات البريطانية جنوب

almjlah.net

up0019.zip 4 minutes zipped wmv file (2.78MB) *graphic*

EDIT:
Warning!
The clip shows graphic footage, it shows a man kicking and then stepping on the severed arm of a British soldier.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I found the video.

Thanks Ace!

While the thought of watching someone kick a british soldiers severed arm and stomping on it doesnt turn me on, im not going to watch it tonight.

But if anyone else watches it i would like to know.... do you know what infact feckit im going to download it now.

Be back with some comments.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thank you Ace for providing the link to download the video.

You may want to add a graphic content warning before the link.

This really shows the barbaric nature of these terrorists... I will never understand what motivates these people to suicide attacks.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've edited my post now so it includes a warning.

I can understand them trying to defend their homeland but there is no excuse to show disrespect to those who have been killed. What is the point in stepping on the mans arm like that?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This really does get the blood up. On the one hand, you want to get the terrorists responsible, on the other, you get sick of the deathtoll and just want the soldiers home.

Iraq is such a mess, there's never going to be an end to the violence, not with the current 'strategy'. We really need some UN troops there. Someone who isn't looked upon as the enemy, a 'neutral' presence if you will.

I'm pretty level headed, and that got me upset. I can see how the weak and fible minded can work themselves into a racist diatribe that is so popular among some of our members.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have never ever seen a car explode like that.

The video was edited quite professionally, could easily be done with some standard Adobe software though.

Most of the video is showing the car drive away from the camera man and heading towards the target. This takes about 2-3 mins.
And the driver waits for civilian cars to drive past.

Then we see the explosion, which i have never seen something as big come from a car, only in movies, it was huge.

The video then switches to some tanks and a helecopter flying above.

The last part shows a man not kicking in the way footballers kick balls but more like pushing something like a rat that you want to see is alive and not quite sure, so more of a prod than kick, he keeps prodding it with his foot till that palm is face up then puts his foot into the hand and kind of "squishes" it like when killing a bug.

I dont know how authentic this video is but my instincts say it is.

They have no respect whatsoever.

The deaths were reported a day or two ago, so this Iraqi has either transfered the film via internet to Abu, or he has driven directly to him, if the latter then this group cannot be far from Falluja maybe they are even in Falluja.

This group better say their prayers to Allah if any of our troops catch these people.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Sick, but typical.
Good propganda piece.

I wonder if the Music on the video can be traced to a recording artist or group? They sounded professional.

I'd be interested to know how they feel about being included in a snuff film like this?

Everything, is a clue.
We know they like to record events.
We know more about he behavior of the Car bomb drivers. What to look out for.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Sick, but typical.
Good propganda piece.

Which side would use this best for propaganda?

Those on our side could use this to motivate and push for war could they not?

What do you mean by "Good propaganda peice"?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have a question. We see this massive explosion, and then later we see an emassing of military vehicles (I assume coalition) and a helicopter (again I assume coalition). I also assume they are emassed in the same area as the explosion.

How in the heck were these people able to walk around and stomp on remains? No one recovered the remains? Everybody just drove off and left them?

I'm not understanding.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I thought the same thing Valhall... But I was so stunned by watching this mess that I really tried not to think about it.

There are many things in this video that do not make sense.. But we aren't there so how can we ever know?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's not music. It's prayer. It sounds like music to Americans, but it's actually prayer.

When people are attacked by an invading army, and they are unable to match the technology of the invaders, you do what you must to be successful.

Just as the resistance are blowing apart coalition soldiers, the coalition soldiers are blowing apart the resistance.

That really must get their "blood going" as well.

Try to think of things from more than your own angle.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Best way to prevent car bombings would be by limiting the passangers to at least 4 people. Anything below that should be considered a threath an fired upon

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
It's not music. It's prayer. It sounds like music to Americans, but it's actually prayer.
Try to think of things from more than your own angle.

All music is prayer. One way or another, it is.

My point was that the voices were professional. The harmonies were of
people who can ALL carry a tune. Prayer or music, whichever.
If it SOUNDS LIKE MUSIC, it IS music.
Is your opinion that these are average voices? or a more professional group?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Which side would use this best for propaganda?

Those on our side could use this to motivate and push for war could they not?

What do you mean by "Good propaganda peice"?

UM_gazz,

I think both sides.

More on the Islamic side, in this case.
It makes for quite a Martyr recruitment video. I think thats why the higher production standards..And the Naming of the driver.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I have a question. We see this massive explosion, and then later we see an emassing of military vehicles (I assume coalition) and a helicopter (again I assume coalition). I also assume they are emassed in the same area as the explosion.

How in the heck were these people able to walk around and stomp on remains? No one recovered the remains? Everybody just drove off and left them?

I'm not understanding.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Valhall]

Exactly. Makes no sense at all. The bombing was taped from a distance; the remains desecrated from up close. Same camera/film crew? I don't know anything about typical Iraqi clothing, but it appeared he was wearing warm-up pants?
At least 2 people in on the taping, 3 if you count the suicide bomber. Or was the bomb detonated remotely. It's hard to tell if the car is still moving at that point.

The vehicles & heli have to be coalition. Who else could they be? And what's with the shots of the soldier before the explosion, esp. raising his arm up in the air?

[edit on 8-11-2004 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join