It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Orders Massive Military Fuel Stocks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Israel Orders Massive Military Fuel Stocks

lataan.blogspot.com

Three weeks ago the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) published a notice, as it is legally required to do, announcing that Israel has ordered massive quantities of various fuels suitable for military use, and in the case of the order for JP-8 jet fuel, suitable only for military use.

The massive order is valued at some $2 billion and, as well as the 284 million gallons (1.075 billion litres) of JP-8 jet fuel, the order also includes 60 million gallons (227 million litres) of unleaded gasoline and 100 million gallons (378 million litres) of diesel fuel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.defpro.com

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
So it would appear the US and Israel are in the process of finalising a deal for massive stocks of fuel required for military operations.

Israel has requested (and what Israel wants Israel gets) in particular JP-8 fuel which is used solely for airplanes. However they have also placed an order for large amounts of gasoline and diesel fuel in parallel which suggest some form of operations on the ground.

Now no one is suggesting the fuel will be used for any ground invasion of Iran, the mere thought of which is completely ludicrous. But what is much more likely is that it will be used in ground operations in both Gaza and or Lebanon, perhaps in unison with a US strike on Iran.

We have all heard the news recently that Iran has just begun fuelling the Bushehr plant with the aid of the Russians, which theoretical rules out any military action on the plant.

However I have the sneaking suspicion we are not out of the woods just yet. After all considering Israel can receive fuel contracts at virtually a moments notice, and JP-8 has a very brief shelf life. Then why stockpile it?

lataan.blogspot.com

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
My favourite part of the 'defpro' article;

This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a friendly country which has been, and continues to be, an important force for political stability and economic progress in the Middle East.

Really?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Come on Vesta do your funky thang.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It's the new "Cold War".

Everyone keeps "one-upping" each other and making it look like war is imminent. However war is not imminent in reality, not between Iran and NATO.

Like I said, it's an Arms Sell Bonanza. An Arms Race. Cold War 2, if you will.

Don't let them scare you.

This is just another step on the arms race ladder.

And in my personal opinion, I think it's all a hoax to scare the gullible populations.

I think Iran, Russia, China, USA, Europe, ETC are all on the same team. The United Nations team. And they are all working in concert to frighten and control their respective populations while planning for the future contingencies.

The leadership of the world is worried not about other nations, nation's don't even exist in a global economy.

All that exists is the leadership and the common people. And the leadership now views the people as very threatening, thus the intense propaganda and fear-mongering and saber-rattling.

So I don't believe in any of this crap. But if I did, it's just a arms race stand off now.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I have to say I agree with you there. I started a thread recently with the intention of discussing a theory, that the US is increasing fears in the region to stoke arms sales.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The sales of fuel to Israel does not really fit into this equation though. Perhaps the situation is, Israel is planning some ground incursions in it's immediate proximity. On a scale that we have not seen since 2006.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

And in my personal opinion, I think it's all a hoax to scare the gullible populations.
I think Iran, Russia, China, USA, Europe, ETC are all on the same team. The United Nations team. And they are all working in concert to frighten and control their respective populations while planning for the future contingencies.

The only problem I have with this idea, is that if you speak to average Joe Bloggs on the street they are not aware of what geopolitical moves are being made globally. In fact not even just Mr. Bloggs, talk to your more 'inteligent' members of society and again they'll draw a blank. So the only other suggestion could be that it is to scare people like me. Which I don't get?

Maybe they just need to scare anyone and I'll do the job. I'll try not to take it personally.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I agree with you here, as assumable as it seems that the only goal is to fear-monger... Not enough people pay attention to these things to actually have an impact. the couple thousand readers here on ATS are not gonna make a dent in that situation.

Especially the fact that the JP-8 has a limited shelf-life worries me a bit.
An answer found on Yahoo on the shelf-life of JP-54, I assume its comparable.
The shelf life is about 18 months, though the common recommendation is not to use fuel more than about 6-8 months old except in an emergency.
Source(s):
retired Boeing 747-400 Captain, Pacific routes

Diesel has a maximum shelf-life of 2 years, When using additives to keep it good.
For gas its a matter of 3 month's or so...

This is what a quick google search came up with... These numbers suggest we might see something undesirable in a rather short timespan... Kinda frightening

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Thanks for the reply and the research!

Definitely worrying developments. The JP-54 would certainly be similar I would imagine to JP-8. After checking the specifications, the JP-8 appears to be more efficient for use in cold weather environments i.e higher altitudes. This would suggest there are additional anti-icing additives in comparison to the JP-54, so this could mean the JP-8 expires at a faster rate.

JP-8 is the military equivalent of Jet A-1 with the addition of corrosion inhibitor and anti-icing additives; it meets the requirements of the U.S. Military Specification MIL-DTL-83133E. JP-8 also meets the requirements of the British Specification DEF STAN 91-87 AVTUR/FSII (formerly DERD 2453). NATO Code F-34.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I have a hard time believing that this is a routine stock-up on fuel... Maybe someone can come along and confirm that this happens at least once a year? The little research done on the shelf-life of the fuel-types purchased, suggests that either Israel is gonna use it for something or they are gonna buy a new stock-pile within a year while dumping the stock-pile they bought just now...

Gotta say out of the 2 possible scenario's I strongly lean towards the 1st option.. They've likely got a major military action planned..

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

So it would appear the US and Israel are in the process of finalising a deal for massive stocks of fuel required for military operations.

Israel has requested (and what Israel wants Israel gets) in particular JP-8 fuel which is used solely for airplanes. However they have also placed an order for large amounts of gasoline and diesel fuel in parallel which suggest some form of operations on the ground.

Now no one is suggesting the fuel will be used for any ground invasion of Iran, the mere thought of which is completely ludicrous. But what is much more likely is that it will be used in ground operations in both Gaza and or Lebanon, perhaps in unison with a US strike on Iran.

We have all heard the news recently that Iran has just begun fuelling the Bushehr plant with the aid of the Russians, which theoretical rules out any military action on the plant.

However I have the sneaking suspicion we are not out of the woods just yet. After all considering Israel can receive fuel contracts at virtually a moments notice, and JP-8 has a very brief shelf life. Then why stockpile it?

lataan.blogspot.com

18 month shelf life is "very brief"?? Come on... Doesn't the MSM do a good enough job of cranking up the verbage of this crap?

This happened in 07' and everyone freaked out then too... I hope you are right.. I hope this is the begining.. I hope that area erupts into WW3... Unfortunatly/fortunatly the world will be drug into it...

Grab your domestics and a arm chair.. Its going to get good.

www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

Aug 24/07: The US DSCA announces [PDF] Israel’s request for 90 million gallons of JP-8 aviation jet fuel and 42 million gallons of diesel fuel. The estimated cost is $308 million. The Defense Energy Supply Center is unable to identify the vendors at this time due to the competitive bid process for the supply sources(s).

“The proposed sale of the JP-8 aviation fuel will enable Israel to maintain the operational capability of its aircraft inventory. The diesel fuel will be used for ground forces vehicles and other equipment used in keeping peace and security in the region.”

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Thanks for the heads up Mobius. We are seeing a lot of the old stories getting a spit shine and thrown out into the media in their rehashed form. The only difference being a considerably larger fuel purchase this time around.

I will have to add this to Lucidity's thread 'War On Iran What Year Is This?'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I dont think it tells the whole story when you compare a $308 million order with a $2 billion order..

The $308 million order can be written off as routine expenses. Especially the fact that this previous order was so much smaller then the order we are discussing right now should at the very least HINT at the significance of this order...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner in particular JP-8 fuel which is used solely for airplanes.

Very wrong actually. Where did you get that false info from?

"Outside of powering aircraft, JP-8 (or JP-5) is used as a fuel for heaters, stoves,[2] tanks,[3] by the U.S. military as a replacement for diesel fuel in the engines of nearly all tactical ground vehicles and electrical generators, and as a coolant in engines and some other aircraft components."...."JP-8 is used at the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, for heating, electrical generation, and melting ice for water.

Commercial aviation uses a similar mixture under the name Jet-A."
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

And the point you try to make is? Still JP-8 main aplication is Jet-fuel or fuel for other military vehicles. The point made was that Israel is beefing up their ability for long(er) term warfare... The factor, with sugestive aplications, is the amount of fuel bought and the shelf-life of the bought fuel... These factors "suggest" that something is brewing.

KNowing that JP-8 fuel is also usable to heat your home doesn't really account for anything... Israel is currently experiencing temperatures of 35 degrees celsius or 95 fahrenheit, no need for extra fuel to warm their military barracks..

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well lets take inflation into consideration... Also the size of their Military has grown.. I just do not think it is a definite sign of anything important. Maybe instead of buying quarterly they are purchasing anually... As you know ... the more you buy...the better the price.

As I stated earlier.. The shelf life of JP-8 is 18 months... In quantico VA.. they have figured out how to make it last 36 months in storage.

Again.. it could mean something.. But if we have heard about it.. it is either:

1) SOP just bought in larger quantity.
2) a veiled threat if enemies read between the lines.

If it were actually part of a plan... We would have heard about it after the bombing run..

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I completely agree that this could mean "something" or nothing at all... It could also be nothing more then a deterent.
Its interesting that they've increased the shelf-life of JP-8. That is a noteworthy adition.
Inflation IMO doesn't go THAT fast, neither does the military build up. It would be interesting to know what the "purchasing habits" were in 2006, Israel was pretty darn active in that year were they not? I believe that intel would provide a decent estimate of what we can expect this time around

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Look like right as conflict broke off July 2006 ... we supplied them with $210 million worth of JP-8

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I actually used the JP-54 manufacturer's website.

jp54jetfuel.com...

Regardless of the source it is mainly used for Jet fuel. You think Israel needs to sort that many heaters out?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So judging from that period would it be agreeable to say that a similair situation should be expected? It definetely reeks of it, but then again... I've been smellin something bad ever since I started visiting ATS and 99.9% of th.... make that 100% its been wrong... granted I have only been here about a year or so...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join