It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Iran: What Year Is This?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
To start this discussion, which I hope will be very interactive, let me post a video. You tell me what year this is...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Not another "Watch my video, and tell me what you think."

ATS is a discussion forum.....now "Show and Tell" without the "Tell"

Sorry.....but this is my #1 Pet Peeve about ATS lately.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Not another "Watch my video, and tell me what you think."

ATS is a discussion forum.....now "Show and Tell" without the "Tell"

Sorry.....but this is my #1 Pet Peeve about ATS lately.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Carseller4]

Geezus.

First, this is not my video.

Second, I have a strategy here for a discussion, which is what ATS is about.

Third, what forum is this in?

And fourth, one of my number 1 pet peeves is judgmental, arrogant people who don't read and then think they're so above it all that they can post whatever they want without thinking beyond themselves.

Thanks for not participating.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This video has done a pretty good job in piecing together Foxnews snippets. I do have to wonder about some of the context due to some of the editing, but I get at what the OP is trying to convey.

We have been told that an Iran War is coming. For a few years now they have been slipping the propaganda into our daily news. This is just an example of how we are being desensitized.

So the OP is trying to say that this is a war long in the making. Probably not much than can stop it.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I will have to agree with one of the posters above me. If the OP is not willing to post their thoughts, then why should I spend time watching the video they posted? I consider such people to be nothing more than leeches hoping to strike it lucky with the ATS lottery and get a ton of replies to their thread. Only reason I replied to this instead of ignoring it was because the OP of this thread decided to attack someone else's post about their lack of effort in their own thread. Pretty hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

In most cases, I would agree with your statement, however in this case - the OP has a track record of activity in numerous threads regarding this topic and so one should not so quick to judge the intent of this thread as a fly-by post of little effort.

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Your point, I believe, is pretty clear. The issue that I have with it is the news source and video behind it. I think it's evident that Fox is in the business of operating with "influence by scare tactics" and many cases can be demonstrated. I think the Thread Topic would hold more weight and provide more substance to discuss with multiple, varying examples.
This is not to suggest that Fox is the only media outlet that operates in such a manner. Every outlet has their schtick and each will be a little different, but every one of them will be looking out for the bottom line: Ratings

[edit on 8-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Very close. Thank you.

Since this latest push on Iran has begun again in earnest in the past month or so, I've started noticing some very disconcerting similarities in the messages we are receiving via the news media* in 2007 and the ones we are receiving now, in 2010.

It's been nagging at me, and the more into this recent cycle we get, the more obvious it's becoming to me that they are, almost to the word, recycling stories and events.

One example I'll start with is the recent story of the Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning.

Here it is is in 2010 and here it is in 2007.

Coincidence? Opportunism on both sides? Or something more?

This is not the only story I've noticed. I was wondering if anyone else has been noticing the same thing or could contribute any examples.

* By the way, I use that term news media to include all purported news media outlets. I use the term news loosely, as to me that implies real journalism with real investigation and thoroughness, which is sorely lacking these days in my estimation.

I also am not picking on Fox News at all here, as I find all the MSM outlets to be equally controlled and almost reprehensible. This particular video just happened to be on topic and illustrates the point to me.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
I will have to agree with one of the posters above me. If the OP is not willing to post their thoughts, then why should I spend time watching the video they posted? I consider such people to be nothing more than leeches hoping to strike it lucky with the ATS lottery and get a ton of replies to their thread. Only reason I replied to this instead of ignoring it was because the OP of this thread decided to attack someone else's post about their lack of effort in their own thread. Pretty hypocritical.

Wow. That was pretty cold, judgmental and arrogant, even after you read my explanation to the first of your ilk? Pardon me for trying something different in a forum on Deconstructing Disinformation.

Now please apologize, or welcome to my ignore.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thanks on the first count. I thought ATS was about respect and thinking.

I had hoped that my asking people to guess the YEAR in the OP that would give a clue as to where this thread was attempting to go. Guess I failed big time. Lesson learned. Maybe it can get back on track.

On the second count, close. I hope that my post with the example helps.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm literally appalled at a couple of the reactions here. I've never since ferocity like this in even some of the more, shall we say, frivolous threads we've all seen here.

Short as it is, I did have a premise to go with the video and a strategy for some interactivity and real discussion and fact gathering.

Perhaps those two posters and those starring their posts missed my words? Or perhaps there's something more sinister at play here?

Beats me.

Anyway...to continue...

Another example is the Iranian Hezbollah connection. Here's a story from 2010 and here's one from 2007.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Appologize for what? Maybe I am used to the Breaking News section that requires an article or video and the author to contribute something to the thread instead of just mindlessly posting a video. There are literally hundreds of threads just like yours, OP posts video, OP expects others to contribute and analyze so that OP may receive credit for someone else's hardwork. I will not apologize and you are quite arrogant to expect one. The Iran topic is near and dear to me, but I will see no need to add my thoughts of the video when you did not have the decency to on your own. I have been around this website for quite some time, not one of those fly-by-night accounts used for some agenda. It really is irritating how little thought is put into many threads these days.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis

Appologize for what? Maybe I am used to the Breaking News section that requires an article or video and the author to contribute something to the thread instead of just mindlessly posting a video. There are literally hundreds of threads just like yours, OP posts video, OP expects others to contribute and analyze so that OP may receive credit for someone else's hardwork. I will not apologize and you are quite arrogant to expect one. The Iran topic is near and dear to me, but I will see no need to add my thoughts of the video when you did not have the decency to on your own. I have been around this website for quite some time, not one of those fly-by-night accounts used for some agenda. It really is irritating how little thought is put into many threads these days.

Your assumptions are many and erroneous and your accusations amuse me. You still clearly have still not read, not the OP nor my subsequent, paced posts.

If you cared to you could easily have looked to see 1.) which forum you were in and 2.) at my record of posts and topics and what I try to contribute.

Oh, and I have probably been here for much longer than you, my friend. Don't be making any more assumptions than you already have.

I believe I will deny ignorance now by welcoming you to my ignore. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
when is this video from ?
that was your question, right ?
i guess its from 8 years ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thanks ~Lucidity OP.

I cannot get my old computer to watch videos. I just read the threads and enjoy when there is good photos. It's O.K. I still was able to get your point.

I wish you had only good responses to this topic. No mean people...

I like to read the conspiracy threads, and others, on this site to get news on many subjects I don't see on TV. I want to know all about possibilities of eminent war with Iran, WW3, etc. So, I can feel prepared. Not, waiting for some horrible news one morning over coffee on the TV... And, the recycled propoganda stories in the MSM 2010 like back in 2007 you pointed out is worth note.

Anyway, thanks for referencing the specific stories that are so similar in this trend/time we are in now to years before.

I like to think that the evil plots of TPTB to make wars and their strategies planned to stay in power can be foiled. Maybe they have to stop and re-start some operations and propoganda agendas because they failed to brainwash people, people caught on and talked about it... I hope they have not succeeded in numbing us down to the thoughts of war with Iran or with anyone. But, I know, they will never stop trying.

You would think they would put more time into "changing-the-stories-up". Guess their money is better spent elswhere? Let's hope they never stop underestimating us!

I enjoyed your "lure", and, I was also appalled at the furious responses you received. I am very new. And, I am afraid every time I post to get "bashed" somehow. I was able to "break-the-ice". And, I have made a few posts. You seem more "established". And, I hope you can give me more references to similar stories being told now as were told then.

Please, don't leave me...

cmariesees

[edit on 9-7-2010 by cmariesees]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
im almost positive they have been preaching war with Iran for over a decade. maybe less often, but i heard talks before 911, we just werent caring

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I found something similar about the war with iran
It supposed to be an allready quiet ongoing war

www.youtube.com

[edit on 9-7-2010 by DutchBigBoy]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Stupid trolling is thenumber 1 sign you have hit a nerve. Nice post op.

The Global warming crowd has been caught with the same trick, basically word for word stories from 2/3 years ago, recycled beause it is suitably emotive.

This is IMHO proof that it is a manufactured story, and proof that they DO actually consider us stupid enough to not remember from 2/3 years ago.

The sad thing is, mostly, they're right ...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

It's from 2007. Three years ago. Your guess of 8 years ago though is just as valid.

As, Myendica noted as, this has been going on for a very long time.
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu himself said he has been doing this for over 15 years (see video below).

The push on Iran is constantly percolating. but it seems that every couple of years it intensifies to the levels we are seeing now.

Here are statements from the Israeli prime ministers Netenyahu (2010) and Sharon (2002).

Netanyahu to Obama: Stop Iran—Or I Will

Sharon: Iran Next on War List

More on Netenyahu...

Netenyahu 2007

Netenyahu 2010

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

True that 9/11 did awaken the sleeping dragon and got more people to take notice.

And then there was John Bolton. The similarities here from year to year are notable.

John Bolton, former U.S. Ambassador to the UN in 2010...

And in 2009 on the subject...

And in 2008..

And in 2007...

And in 2006...

Tenacious!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cmariesees

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm sorry you can't view videos. Here are a few other stories from circa 2007 and their counterparts in 2010...subject here is Osama bin Laden. (The original version of the article is now archived on Debka, so I am using a link to a story about the story). Osama seems to resurface whenever the focus is on Iran.

israelinsider.ning.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">2010 DEBKAfile: Osama bin Laden and top aides are hiding in Sabzevar, Iran

Where Is Osama Bin Laden?

And al Qaeda plots tend to resurface en masse too during Iran war-drum cycles...and are linked to Iran. Could be coincidence. Could be that a refocusing on the Middle Eastern region just reminds people to look for the stories. I don't know. But it seems to be the stories definately start to increase too.

2007 Al-Qaeda plot to bring down UK internet

2007 Using a 2003 FBI Memo, Fox News: Al Qaeda is causing the CA wildfires

2007 Report Puts Al Qaeda No. 3 in Iran

2010 Norway bomb plot shows reach of Al Qaeda-linked groups

2010 Subway Terror Plot Had Global Reach

Sometimes in unusual ways...

2010 Tony Blair Exaggerated Iran's aL Qaeda Link'

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join