It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assigning of Hoaxes in the "Aliens & UFOs Forum" to the "Hoax Forum".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Springer.....

What if a member is constantly stating he / she is an alien, throughout their posting in various forums outside the "Grey Area / Skunkworks"?

How is that viewed?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
ATS Team:

Here’s an interesting example where some very silly hoaxing by the well known hoaxer Robbert van den Broeke is remains in the UFO & Aliens forum:

Amazing Grey Picture Captured!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Wait..... That's a hoax?!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
ATS Team:

Here is an example of where a member is stating they are an alien whilst posting in the "Aliens & UFO" forum.

This is clearly outside the "skunkworks" where such things are tolerated.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does anybody have any comments about this?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Original posts with those kinds of claims should be moved to skunkworks (in this case, the originator of the thread isn't making that claim, another poster is, so wouldn't be moved, penalizing the OP...)... Suspecting a hoax and proving a hoax are two different things. When the people responsible for providing the information (docs, video, pics, etc.) come out and say it's a hoax...that's pretty much solid evidence for marking it [HOAX].

Then, there are other examples, such as Billy Meier, etc. that are obviously (to many of us) hoaxes, but since the original provider of the info maintains it isn't, it's difficult to stamp it and move on. However, taking his "time travel" pic for example, of the flying dino....when the illustration is provided, and matches his "photo", that's certainly enough to stamp [HOAX] on that claim.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok.....

Thanks for your commentary.....that all seems fair & reasonable & consistent with the management of this issue on ATS.

You might also be interested in again considering the situation wherein this sort of thing occurs outside the Skunkworks / Grey Area.

Some threads in the Aliens & UFOs Forum can be (to a big extent) hijacked by members who become involved in that thread & start stating they are an alien.

Is it possible that thought could be given to limiting extensive posting to the effect "I am an alien" to the Skunkworks / Grey Area?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok.....

Thanks for your commentary.....that all seems fair & reasonable & consistent with the management of this issue on ATS.

You might also be interested in again considering the situation wherein this sort of thing occurs outside the Skunkworks / Grey Area.

Some threads in the Aliens & UFOs Forum can be (to a big extent) hijacked by members who become involved in that thread & start stating they are an alien.

Is it possible that thought could be given to limiting extensive posting to the effect "I am an alien" to the Skunkworks / Grey Area?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

You have to offer proof positive that a poster is not an alien. Your gut feeling may well be correct, and there is no harm in speaking your thoughts and opinions. But, why not ask the "alien" a candid question or two.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hey there MMN;

If you think my claims are a hoax, or in anyway false, wrong, whatever.

Prove it! It shouldn't be too hard if you are right. I've already provided you with all the ammunition you need.

Till then, why not stop trying to stir up trouble, and suppress serious scientific data.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Smurfy.....

You have to offer proof positive that a poster is not an alien. Your gut feeling may well be correct, and there is no harm in speaking your thoughts and opinions.

My point is that I believe extensive "I am an alien" posting should be limited to the Skunkworks / Gray Area & not allowed in the Aliens & UFOs Forum.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Hey there MMN;
If you think my claims are a hoax, or in anyway false, wrong, whatever.
Prove it! It shouldn't be too hard if you are right. I've already provided you with all the ammunition you need.
Till then, why not stop trying to stir up trouble, and suppress serious scientific data.

AnthraAndromda.....

The broad point I am making is that I believe extensive "I am an alien" posting should be limited to the Skunkworks / Gray Area & not allowed in the Aliens & UFOs Forum.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Nice topic and long over due. I know of youtube hoaxes and here are a few. These are few I am currently working on. Unfortunate they false flag my debunking videos that expose and analysis of the hoax footage. Youtube does not review flag videos just takes them down and if you appeal you are almost always ignored. Make me wonder if youtube staff is encouraging the hoax agenda?

A few dubious hoaxes

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

You will find this character among others who claim to be Alien are certainly NOT alien

His name is Jimmy aka AnthraAndromda

He is getting his matrial from an old book
lucianarchy.proboards.com...
ordoaa.wolfmagick.com...
alien.wolfmagick.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier.....

Thanks for your info.....I will have a look at that.

As I think about, I reckon YT would benefit from keep hoaxed garbage going on there.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
A few dubious hoaxes
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Unknown Soldier.....

Those video hoaxes have established a new low benchmark on ATS!

My "Gold Star" goes to the "UFO Birds In Trees"!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
You will find this character among others who claim to be Alien are certainly NOT alien
His name is Jimmy aka AnthraAndromda
He is getting his matrial from an old book
lucianarchy.proboards.com...
ordoaa.wolfmagick.com...
alien.wolfmagick.com...

Unknown Soldier.....

It's all just complete fabrication & silliness.

That's why I believe such extensive "I am an alien" fantasy posting should not be allowed to ruin discussions in the Aliens & UFO's Forum & should be limited to the Gray Area / Skunkworks.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I proved it on your other posts about if aliens walk amongst us.

Kthnxbye.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

AnthraAndromda…..

Regarding the manner in which a member has effectively hijacked more threads in the Aliens & UFOs Forum:

I agree with ATS in that members should be allowed to post extensive ”I am an alien” stories. in the Skunkworks / Gray Area. However, I don't think members should be allowed to keep hijacking & subsequently ruining discussions in the Aliens & UFOs Forum.

That is the point of my discussion in this thread.

Regarding members' demands that we disprove their "alien" claims:

As per my previous commentary, I have shown such "genetic" material to a person with a medical science degree who majored in genetics oriented subjects & that person stated the material was not "proof" of anything unusual.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Nice thread MMN.

I agree that there is a place for everyone on the forum. I don't believe the A&U forum is the correct place for the 'I am an alien' posts and agree that Skunkworks or the Gray Area are the correct place for these types of postings. No one is being censored and therefore everyone should be happy unless they have other agenda's.

IRM

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

InfraRedMan.....

Thanks for your comment.

I just looked again at the thread in the Aliens & UFOs Forum that caused me to start thinking so seriously about this.

We now have 3-4 well known members who are stating in-thread that discussion in that thread has effectively been ruined by members pretending they are aliens.

I also just checked out another long thread in the Aliens & UFO's Forum & found the same thing.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We have a remedy in place for this issue (derailing threads), it's the OFF TOPIC button the forum Moderators, all Super Moderators and admins have.

Alert the post in question and if the staff feels it is off topic it will be tagged. The "derailing" bit is a little tougher call. The fact a person (alien or otherwise) posts in a thread that they are an alien, and therefor have much to add to the discussion, isn't necessarily a violation or off topic if they speak to the topic.

The age old internet adage of "don't feed the trolls" comes to mind here... If the member's goal is to derail the thread and make it all about their "alieness" then we can action that, but, if they are on topic and the rest of the discussants go on about them being an alien I would offer it's that which derails the thread.

I know it's a sticky wicket, if the "alien" hadn't brought it up in the first place it wouldn't have been an issue, BUT, if the other members ignored it and stayed on topic it wouldn't be an issue either.

It's something we'll have to work on. I'll think about it over the next few days and see what works.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Springer.....

That you are paying personal attention to this issue is greatly appreciated.

And.....

You are correct in that in a "perfect world" such things would be ignored. However, it appears it simply isn't working like that.

I await the wisdom of Springer & the Mod Team!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yes, Anthra has made threads and is not controlled, he is sharing his own information as it applies and I really enjoy his posts. If you don't, don't read them. I already noted information he has shared connects to some of what I myself experienced, so if he's not who he says he is, he has a very good informant. In additon, he's intelligent and very fair, handles differing opinons very well.

What is your problem with him? Do you think people should be censored because you don't approve?

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join