It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assigning of Hoaxes in the "Aliens & UFOs Forum" to the "Hoax Forum".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Springer,

I did not realize that someone claiming to be an expert in photography was not required to produce such credentials to the owners of ATS on demand. I would think if they were indeed experts they would be more than happy to supply such credentials to the owners to validate their claims of being experts.

I do understand there is an animosity that needs to be maintained by ATS, however I am not asking the Owners to share the credentials, just be able to verify in cases where there are questions to the experts qualifications.

Similarly, anyone claiming to be an alien or work with aliens, should be willing to provide the proof required by the owners of ATS in order to confirm any claims made by the individuals outside the grey area, which would definitely clear up and enlighten the ATS population.

This is personal opinion, but wouldn’t this add to the quality of ATS in general?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Thank you. I have been doing that by proxy and I am sorry. I will cease to respond to his posts on the topic at hand and will move it to his own topic, which is on topic for that discussion.

I've actually grown a bit concerned by the user. A few users were saying he demonstrates an obvious personality disorder. I did a kind of test for the last 2 days. I basically replied to him on his topics. Since I've been replying to him and answering his questions, he's not posted anywhere else for the past 4 days.

This indicates he needs attention. Once he finds a challenger, he seems to not respond or post to anyone else except for people supporting him.

This is just my personal opinion and there's not much proof to it other than his sudden stop in posting.

I will continue talking and responding in his topic about the matter because I feel as if it's on topic there.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

For clarity (again), if someone presents themselves as an expert, AND, they are willing to back it up with proof to the owners, we are happy to oblige them and then endorse them as what they claim to be if the proof is legit.

That has nothing to do with the issue we are discussing at the moment however.

S...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thanks Springer for taking the time to explain the gist of it.

So true

Yes Gorman I noticed that too. Said person would not address my questions and was using plagiarism and lying ect and this is in violation of ATS rules. It is not my interest to get anyone in trouble but by god . The person mentioned needs attention agreed. I probably went a little too hard at said person but this person has ruined it for people on boards on other sites with the same copy-a-pasta & his silly nonsense before ATS. Probably would not be so much an issue if there was not a history. Not that I do not believe ET walks among us it is quite possible. But it is obvious this person is human,with human emotions in insulting others and human genome as proven and a need for attention. Yes we all love attention don't us O'humans.

I use to date this girl she swore she lived a past life in Atlantis and i was there as an evil ruler that destroyed Atlantis with some beam weapon. She was a princess or something like that and i had destroyed everything she knew and then i kept her as a slave and concubine. She said my soul was the god Jupiter and i would rule over her for eternity in every life. She also claimed she was a king of Egypt and had met Jesus and that Jesus was actually a sorcerer. That i had killed jesus with the spear. She really believed this stuff and I would tell her about my UFO story and a few things and she would laugh at me. Then i found out she was schizophrenic.

I tried to tell certain person i was Jesus but I don't think he believed me?

If he could be an Alien then why cant I be Jesus?

I think you know what I am saying

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post byUnknown Soldier

Well at this point he has changed his story. He originally claimed that he had genes linked to African and Indian origins. When I said he's probably albino, he said that his face is European. So then I went ahead and typed in his data and it matched a Caucasian, thus I said he lied. He said he did not lie, and that the probability was low. So I went ahead and typed in a constant. An average man's genes. Again, the same numbers showed up. in fact, they showed a human being was more alien then he was.

When confronted with this he accused me of moving around his origins when in fact he had stated these matters.

He's changed his story and changed his evidence. And he's still using faulty evidence.

I'm still questioning his mind for several reasons as well. I am still discussing the matter with the user, but in conversation with him in his own topic, I am also observing the fact that he stopped posting anywhere else. He was basically fishing for someone to talk to. And even after most if not all of his proof is proven wrong, he basically runs around in circles.

He is either a schizophrenic, a troll, or simply bored.

I think this is the main problem we all have here and it is the original topic I think. Should a person with all his credentials disproven and showing signs of wanting nothing more than attention be allowed to continue posting his story as legitimate. It is, by definition, causing ignorance.

His case at this point is arguing that because his racial genetics don't match how he looks like, that he is an alien. That's quite a different claim compared with his original statement that because his genes do not match at all with any group of humans he's an alien. That last part would be interesting if true. However, we do now know that he is, even if a very little amount, related to European members of humanity, matching his facial appearance.

At the end of the day, do you allow a liar to continue posting what he claims as truth?

I recall user MolecularPHD from this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had a legitimate conversation with him and seriously thought he was telling the truth. He had a lot of us fooled. But then we recognized he was a liar, discredited his claimed, and he was banned.

Now I have gotten into the largest debates with some of the people I hate the most on this site but I would never ever ever ask for them to be banned because we both of us use actual sources and have good talks without any ignorance. We do not lie, we talk and generate ideas and provocative thoughts. It's the soul and blood of this site.

But quite simply, this user is lying and distorting the truth and is really indifferent to MolecularPHD at this point.

His posts really should be in the hoaxes at this point.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I agree %100

it is disinformation and that is at least for me NOT what i came to ATS for. In my earlier years i could have been fooled by this type of character i have ran in to many, i mean i use to buy in to the usual conspiracy paranoia in my train of thought. A blind believer and naive.

With the naive blind believers they have stated many time " I do not care of it is true or not i rather follow a lie as long as it makes me feel better" these type feed in to the whole I AM ALIEN star man crap. This is not a science fiction web site. It is counter productive. Usually if i see someone is a hack i leave them be and let the leaves fall where they may... people will not give them the attention and they fade in to obscurity.

Said person enables ignorance on a larger scale i guess it may not have anything to do with ATS in that aspect but. I mean it would not be crap if someone was being honest and provide some instance of evidence to support the claim. In this case and on all these other message boards and web sites everywhere i go. Said person spends an awful lot of time promoting his websites crap.

I have ran in to said person he has pulled the same crap every time. Once people start asking for his evidence he gets hostile lashes out and changes character then splits. Then he floats over to another web site with a UFO aliens section. Repeats cycle of wanted attention and false information, lies , plagiarism whatever works.

Shameless self promotion

A Hoaxer in one form or another

And a Troll with or without intent

Thou shalt not feed thy Troll

However this topic really is not about said person , but people with false information none the less. Said person is a good example of that. I suppose the best thing to do is ignore them or what gorman said. I rather debunk them and let it be up to the reader to decide here the truth is.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Springer.....

Thanks as always for taking the time to focus on such issues with us.

I for one will approach this problem in the manner that your recommend.

I guess we can touch base about this at a future time, if issues pertaining to this again seem noteworthy.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I still get fooled a lot but when it comes to UFO's I think you would never believe it for 100% even when you see it with your own eyes.
We are tought to think it's all fake when it comes to alien related stuff

They created a fiction for it. Imagination is dead. movies with alien attacks, spaceships, transformers, vampires and so on..
Now you will always relate this stuff with what you saw on television
so it must be fake... or not? you automatically believe a created vision..
This year a movie will be released titled illuminati a story about a secret society and goverment conspiracy.....
About next year illuminati is fake for half the world because it was a movie.

Visions, images, you put them in a box
Enlarge the box and eventually remove it to create room for new ones

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join