It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Military Unit Set to Impose Order in American Towns in Time for November Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Martial law anyone?

Don't think it could happen here? Think again. The units are already set in place and plans are set to keep the peace in American cities and towns as soon as this summer.

American Military Unit Set to Impose Order in American Towns in Time for November Elections

Within one month of the November midterm elections, a specially tasked unit of the United States Army will be on alert and ready to deploy within the borders of the United States to quell “civil unrest” that some fear may afflict the nation in the summer months prior to the elections.

Predictably, advocates of the unlawful deployment of our military use fear to foment support this action. They call to mind the summer of 1968 when riots and demonstrations decrying the country’s prolonged conflict with Viet Nam plagued some of America’s large cities. The summer of 2010, they advert, could be “our long, hot summer of discontent.” In order to prevent that eerie specter from becoming reality, proponents encourage Americans to welcome the calming presence of armed American troops patrolling potential hotspots.

The subordination of such an outfit, known as the Consequence Management Response Force (CCMRF), under the command of US Army Northern Command (NORTHCOM) was documented last year by this writer in The New American. Lest any suppose that such an overt act of tyranny be the product of our current President’s fertile fascist imagination, that account related how President Barack Obama was simply carrying out the historic reassignment implemented by President George W. Bush, who in 2008 claimed that as commander-in-chief, the President was authorized by the Constitution to use the armed forces as he saw fit, congressional opposition notwithstanding.

In response to the Bush administration’s pronouncement, the Cato Institute published a warning of the dangers of using a brigade of the United States Army as a domestic police force. The Cato Institute article reported that the 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team would be brought home from Iraq and combined with 15,000–20,000 other soldiers to form the new unit. NORTHCOM’s website claimed the size of the unit composed of servicemen from all branches of the military would not exceed 4,700 personnel.

Typically, that estimate falls far below the actual number of regular army troops assigned to the force. According to reports, the CCMRF is composed of 80,000 troops and has been drilling at Fort Stewart, Georgia (home of the Army’s 3rd Infantry Division) since being redeployed from Iraq.
The duration of the CCMRF’s domestic policing assignment is open ended. Army Colonel Louis Vogler, the chief of NORTHCOM future operations, told the Army Times, “Right now, the reponse force requirement will be an enduring mission. How the [Defense Department] chooses to source that and whether or not they continue to assign them to NORTHCOM, that could change in the future. Now, the plan is to assign a force every year.”

Read more: The New American

Check out this quote from a colonel enthusiastic about the prospect of driving tanks down the streets of his own hometown.

In apparent ignorance of the Posse Comitatus Act, which expressly forbids the armed deployment of federal troops within the borders of the United States, Colonel Cloutier muses that he “can’t think of a more noble mission than this. We’ve been all over the world during this time of conflict, but now our mission is to take care of citizens at home … and depending on where an event occurred, you’re going home to take care of your home town, your loved ones.”

[edit on 4/26/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
He also said, "While soldiers’ combat training is applicable, he said, some nuances don’t apply.

“If we go in, we’re going in to help American citizens on American soil, to save lives, provide critical life support, help clear debris, restore normalcy and support whatever local agencies need us to do, so it’s kind of a different role,” said Cloutier, who, as the division operations officer on the last rotation, learned of the homeland mission a few months ago while they were still in Iraq"

And another quote, "Training for homeland scenarios has already begun at Fort Stewart and includes specialty tasks such as knowing how to use the “jaws of life” to extract a person from a mangled vehicle; extra medical training for a CBRNE incident; and working with U.S. Forestry Service experts on how to go in with chainsaws and cut and clear trees to clear a road or area."

I read the article, and didn't see anything about driving tanks down the streets.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Awory

Way to cherry-pick your quotes.

Here's some more from the article:

They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack.

The 1st BCT’s soldiers also will learn how to use “the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded,” 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier said, referring to crowd and traffic control equipment and nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them.

The package is for use only in war-zone operations, not for any domestic purpose.

“It’s a new modular package of nonlethal capabilities that they’re fielding. They’ve been using pieces of it in Iraq, but this is the first time that these modules were consolidated and this package fielded, and because of this mission we’re undertaking we were the first to get it.”

The package includes equipment to stand up a hasty road block; spike strips for slowing, stopping or controlling traffic; shields and batons; and, beanbag bullets.

“I was the first guy in the brigade to get Tasered,” said Cloutier, describing the experience as “your worst muscle cramp ever — times 10 throughout your whole body.

Army Times

Shields, batons, spike strips, beanbag bullets and tazers, oh my.

"The package is for use only in war-zone operations, not for any domestic purpose."

Yeah, riiiight, like I believe that load of bunk.

[edit on 4/26/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And the new American did not cherry pick their quotes? And you didn't yours?

The Army says that they are using one brigade for this (about 6,000 Soldiers) and the New American wants to pump that up to 80,000. No realy math involved, they just want to throw it out there. Like Freud says, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Maybe, just maybe, they are really only going to respond to natural disasters.

Look, there are like three or four threads about this thing already floating around on this site. Use search, post on those.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This Adminastration will not allow an election to stop them.

I covered this same topic: posted on 13-4-2010 @ 20:36
Special army unit ready to be deployed on American soil just before Nov. elections

Get Ready!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I just invoked The Lord's name when I read this, and it was not in vain! This IS unconstitutional!
I'm afraid the end is Near! Here is an additional quote from Army Col. Louis Vogler, chief of NorthCom ," They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control ."
www.armytimes.com...
MODERATORS this needs to go to the front page!

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awory
And the new American did not cherry pick their quotes? And you didn't yours?

The Army says that they are using one brigade for this (about 6,000 Soldiers) and the New American wants to pump that up to 80,000. No realy math involved, they just want to throw it out there. Like Freud says, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Maybe, just maybe, they are really only going to respond to natural disasters.

Look, there are like three or four threads about this thing already floating around on this site. Use search, post on those.

Natural disasters, are you real! Did you read the article? No! You did not!
Here is the quote from the Army itself!
Army Col. Louis Vogler, chief of NorthCom ,"They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack."
Talk about cherry picking! Be careful or someone will accuse you of sounding like a NWO, George Sorros parasite Gobermt shill!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I can't believe that there has been such slow response to this thread. Having the US Military occupy are land is unconstitutional!
Sheeple!!!!! wake up!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Not only that, the 3rd ID is battle hardened troops who have spent alot of time in Iraq,they are very familiar with urban warfare.
I believe they were activated in 09, I was at fort stewart today and there seems to be nothing unusual going on there but its a big place.

You can bet that tptb have layers and layers of protection, I wouldnt recomend being part of any violent uprising,you'd stand no chance against these guys.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
can you say impeachment on the obama for violating the constitution and the comitus act...

My state has said it would not be allowed to happen here... and people here are not in favor of the obama or his treasonous acts.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
*facepalm to thread*

I was going to try and put some reason out, but decided my efforts would be a waste. In short TLDR*, go to the previous threads.

*Too Long Don't Read

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
when ron paul becomes president that is going to end.

Till then yes you can be machine guned by the people who are paid with money stolen from you.

new topics

top topics

join