It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Fear Violent Backlash to Illegal Healthcare Legislation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Democrats Fear Violent Backlash

Americans Threatening Violence Against Democrats Who Supported Healthcare Legislation

Democrats Fear Violent Backlash

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer is warning that some of his Democratic colleagues are being threatened with violence when they go back to their districts — and he wants Republicans to stand up and condemn the threats.

The Maryland Democrat said more than 10 House Democrats have reported incidents of threats or other forms of harassment about their support of the highly divisive health insurance overhaul vote. Hoyer emphasized that he didn’t have a specific number of threats and that was just an estimate.

Hoyer hinted that Republicans should do more to condemn these threats of violence... But Minority Leader John Boehner already has condemned threats of violence — and sought to explain why people are so angry.

“I know many Americans are angry over this health care bill, and that Washington Democrats just aren’t listening,” Boehner said. “But, as I’ve said, violence and threats are unacceptable. That’s not the American way. We need to take that anger and channel it into positive change. Call your congressman, go out and register people to vote, go volunteer on a political campaign, make your voice heard — but let's do it the right way."

Read more: www.politico.com...

Can you tell me what's wrong with the Republican response to these "threats" against Democrats?

It's right there in John Boehner's reply:

“But, as I’ve said, violence and threats are unacceptable. That’s not the American way."

I don't know where John Boehner received his education in American history, but violent response is the QUINTESSENTIAL "American Way" in times of tyranny and government oppression. If not for violent response on the part of the American People, this nation would still be under British rule.

Our nation and the "American Way" are all about the citizens getting fed up and striking down oppressive central government. It's called Revolution.

And, if Congressional Democrats are now living in fear of the American People, GOOD ENOUGH for them. They deserve every bit of the anger that they have knowingly provoked in the composition and passage of their unconstitutional healthcare reform legislation.

I wish no harm should come to them personally; but, when you knowingly place yourself on the railroad tracks, a train is going to run your ass down.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/24/2010 by Doc Velocity]

+31 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"Call your congressman, go out and register people to vote, go volunteer on a political campaign, make your voice heard — but let's do it the right way."

Isn't that what people did in the first place?

It didn't seem to work.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If backlash is truly that bad, maybe the Democrats should have never even passed the Healthcare Bill. Maybe they should have taken a hint that there might be a sizable part of the population that didn't want it - or at least didn't want it right now.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Isn't that what people did in the first place?

It didn't seem to work.

It worked fine...just not for everyone.

Welcome to a republic...not everyone is heard..just the majority of the representitives.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
If backlash is truly that bad, maybe the Democrats should have never even passed the Healthcare Bill. Maybe they should have taken a hint that there might be a sizable part of the population that didn't want it - or at least didn't want it right now.

America cannot be hijacked by enemies, neither foreign nor domestic. Terrorism and threats of terrorism shall not overcome the republic.

A sizeable part of the population never wanted war with Iraq...yet it happened. The revolution did happen eventually, once the words and reason was used and in 2006, the words envoked the process of overthrowing the government, which concluded in 2008.

The minority now wishes the same result but back to their side, however it appears that their extremists are fairly impatient and will quickly become terrorist verses opposition.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
DC is still not listening

I think I remember an old adage from long ago,
can't remember where I heard it or who said it,
maybe somebody here can help with the source
but it went something like this:

If a man won't change his ideals with words
then you change his mind with a bullet

maybe dialogue from a movie
"go tell the spartans" comes to mind
but can't be sure

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One thing I don't understand is the motivation of the Democrats that passed this bill? I understand Obama and Pelosi and Ted Kennedy, and I understand the bribery and backdoor sweetheart deals, but what about the rest of the Democrats? Why did they go against the majority of their constituents?

If they fear a violent backlash from their own districts, then perhaps they weren't "representing" their constituents? Did that ever cross their mind?

The full effect of this legislation won't be known for years. The economic effect, or the backlash effect. I predict that this November will make it pretty apparent, and I hope that not a single incumbent wins, and that includes the Republicans! FIRE CONGRESS!

I don't know who the 4 Democrats were that voted against this, but they have certainly gotten my attention. They might, just might, be worth their weight in salt. Everyone else must go!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
And, if Congressional Democrats are now living in fear of the American People, GOOD ENOUGH for them. They deserve every bit of the anger

Congressional Democrats do not leave in fear of the American People. They live in fear of some fringe lunatic, who can pushed over the thin line by the radical wing propaganda. Incitement of violence from the right was pretty unique in the past months. There was an event at a hunting club down south, attended by a governatorial candidate, where they joked that they should open a hunting season on Obama and issue tags for that. There have been numerous other examples. Savagery in all its stupid and self righteous glory.

I wish no harm should come to them personally; but, when you knowingly place yourself on the railroad tracks, a train is going to run your ass down.

Ditto, I can just hear you chuckle.

[edit on 3/24/2010 by Doc Velocity]

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I'd like know when people will stop promoting violence on the forums and actually try it themselves. Ever since Obama was elected there has been a flood of threads pushing or warning of violence. This was suppose to happen if Obama was elected, this was suppose to happen after the passing of the stimulus package, this was suppose to happen with states resisting the stimulus (but they took it anyway while taking credit for it).

The thing is Iv learned during my time on this forum is that people tend to talk alot. On a forum it seems to be that they are somehow granted the commander with the speaker and everybody else must actually do the bidding for them. I tell ya right now that sitting behind a computer screen insisting or predicting some rebellion day in and day out will not add to action. This isnt a battle field, its a conspiracy forum for petes sakes.

So I dont know what you hope to achieve here adding to the tonnes of threads that have amounted to nothing. Maybe its attention? I dont know.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Congressional Democrats do not leave [live?] in fear of the American People. They live in fear of some fringe lunatic, who can pushed over the thin line by the radical wing propaganda.

You're talking about the threats made against them behind closed doors by their fellow Democrats, coercing them to support this legislation against the will of their constituents, correct?

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Incitement of violence from the right was pretty unique in the past months... Savagery in all its stupid and self righteous glory.

"Incitement of violence from the right was pretty unique"... I know, it's usually the Leftist nutballs who resort to violence first.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
They are going to use this to a terrible end mark my words. This is only the beginning and why on earth would you push and push for a bill you don't even want? Well I guess we are seeing the answer. This could very well be a false flag sneak attack.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
So I dont know what you hope to achieve here adding to the tonnes of threads that have amounted to nothing.

Who says it will "amount to nothing"? Hopefully, it will amount to the Democrats taking a well-deserved ass-whipping in November, as the American People vent their anger and frustration on an utterly corrupt Democrat-controlled Congress and administration.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Who says it will "amount to nothing"? Hopefully, it will amount to the Democrats taking a well-deserved ass-whipping in November, as the American People vent their anger and frustration on an utterly corrupt Democrat-controlled Congress and administration.

— Doc Velocity

BOTH sides need a well deserved ass-kicking this November, not just the Democrats. They are both guilty.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So I dont know what you hope to achieve here adding to the tonnes of threads that have amounted to nothing.

Who says it will "amount to nothing"?

The tonne of previous threads that have amounted to nothing is evidence enough for me. I'd bet my dollar that in 2 months time people like you will still be sitting on this forum insisting for some rebellion that came and went.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
BOTH sides need a well deserved ass-kicking this November, not just the Democrats. They are both guilty.

Agreed. However, the Republicans wisely (warily) refrained from supporting the legislation to a man. Rather, they left it to the Democrats to OWN this travesty of legislation.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Getting tired of all this crap about Republicans vs Democrats.

It doesn't matter who is in power.

BOTH groups bend down and take it up the... from the Bankers.

If you want answers go after the Federal Reserve, Rockefeller Family, and Rothschild Family.

People are fighting over dumb crap that doesn't even matter because they are not the people in charge.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The tonne of previous threads that have amounted to nothing is evidence enough for me. I'd bet my dollar that in 2 months time people like you will still be sitting on this forum insisting for some rebellion that came and went.

People "like me," eh? You don't even have the guts to call me what you're actually thinking. Which is the great weakness in the USA today... I don't know in which country you are, but you're obviously a product of a muzzled culture.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

So whats going to happen Doc? When your still sitting here expecting things to happen in afew months time what is that going to say about your time spent here? I'll get back to you on that one in time.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I believe this is happening because it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. The Dems just happen to be in power at the moment.

This is a lashout against oppression and tyranny, and the people are seriously getting fed up with it. Those that try to turn this into some kind of partisan thing I think are gravely mistaken. It may appear that way at the moment, but I don't really think it is. Incidents are just going to increase, and in a more general sense.

The rise of local militias, the states filing suits and sovereign legislation, the anarchist talk all over the place, incidents like the Joe Stack attack on the IRS, are all testament to this.

I predict one of these days a group of people is going to try and descend upon the federal government, armed with guns. And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if it came from within the military itself. Because sending them to die under false pretenses gives them every damn reason. We've got madmen and criminals controlling the big red button.

Edit: and btw, Doc, thanks for telling like it is.

[edit on Wed Mar 24th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Violence...I think we're missing the point of violence, gentlemen.

It's to send a message, not to simply kill; you can kill any guy on the street, but when a congressman dies, things are bound to be understood and change.

The problem as to why violence has not manifested yet is because there is not an obvious, near target; we have Obama and his ilk, but these figureheads are unreachable, and not attackable for obvious reasons.

There's no one else that we know of that is supporting this except the underlings such as congress and senate. Theoretically speaking, these would be the people to hit, or possibly those underneath them. I'm not saying anyone should do anything, just saying.

Unless the American people do that, we will continue to be manipulated and have corrupt politics.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join