It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Fear Violent Backlash to Illegal Healthcare Legislation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
So far EVERYTHING done was 100% legal.. This is as a layman reading the constitution.

Actually, the Constitution does not and cannot support a law that forces the American People to purchase a good or service.

This is unprecedented in American legal history, and it's very definitely unconstitutional.

Which is why this legislation will never see the light of day. You can bet it will be repealed following the mid-term elections this November and the defeat of Barack Hussein in 2012 — a year before this illegal legislation is supposed to take effect.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is in reference to no one in particular, but you know who you are.

The Federal Reserve and the Income taxes, including SS and Medicare is the reason we are in this mess, mainly. Besides the MIC.

Complaining that people are IRATE that the government is enacting taxes and taking over the last main money making component of our economy, by mandating you have to have insurance and then increasing our taxes through it, is just FRIVOLOUS.

The bailouts, the stimulus, expansion of the Federal Reserve-private corp I might add, now the health care debacle, are the last steps of a tyrannical government, to take control of everything.

Do you not understand that?

You are letting them take control of everything. Why is that? Are you REALLY that ignorant.

Hell, you are cheering them on. WOW!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

No, that's not what I meant (and I in no way condone violence).

I was saying that it appears that there are a lot of people upset over this, a number that in my opinion is not a small minority. Sure, if it is 49% of the country (I am not saying that that is the actual number, it's just an example), it is still a minority, but that is still a big number that I would think more people in power (politicians) would want to pay attention to.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

" Democrats Fear Violent Backlash to Illegal Healthcare Legislation "

The Only Fear the Democrats should be having right now is not Violence , but the November Elections and Beyond . Their " Comeuppence " will be administered at the Polls .......

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well doc good to see you...

To answer the legality part as a layman. The commerce clause authorized it and is backed by several Supreme Court Rulings and at least three amendments...

To answer your question I am going to have to just write the letter I guess. The reason is because there is a very slim process that must take place if the States want to win.

So far EVERYTHING done was 100% legal.. This is as a layman reading the constitution.

BUT, it does not mean that their are not remedies....

You live by legal technicalities you die by them...

What if I told you there was a legal way to screw the senate over and stop it...

I am going to go ahead and write the thread...

I'm looking forward to reading your thread... Make sure you write that letter... and I'm real interested in this comment:

What if I told you there was a legal way to screw the senate over and stop it...

give us the numbers, the class action, and the supporting case references and I'LL WRITE A LETTER TOO...

Otherwise, great thread DOC.

There's only ONE problem with the way AMERICANS think when it comes to OUR "CONSTITUTIONAL" rights(??) - upper case a legal reference to how the constitution seems to be a document written under the pretense that "WE THE PEOPLE" are nothing but STRAW MEN... - upper case intended to prove legality of my statement.

We, the American People, believe that WE have a Constitutional Right when WE do not. We are slaves, pieces of property OWNED by the Department of Commerce and traded as such under our UCC-1 financial statement.

People who know this as fact cannot deny the truth behind that statement.

Thus the problem here is this: Without taking control of our corporate self, and placing a lien against our UCC-1 financial statement, and acknowledging OUR straw man as the entity in question, that is no longer a credit controlled by the government but a property under control by our Sovereign entity, as a Citizen of the united States, no longer liable to the uNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INC., We thus have nothing but the color of law to claim as a right, under tort and bound to CIVIL RIGHTS, as covered by the 16th amendment.

As STRAW MEN, therefore, we have no LEGAL Constitutional Right to claim a revolt against the Government. You, therefore, will be shot on site.

A movement to free the American People needs to be undertaken, for without it, they are all dead.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm not going to single anyone out, but some people are dimmer than a christmas bulb!
The "majority" did NOT support the bill. There are HUNDREDS of posts proving you wrong - linking to poll after poll after poll after poll after poll demonstrating that nearly 2/3 of the country OPPOSED THIS BILL!

Next, using the whole "Commerce Clause" to defend this wreckless abomination simply shines a light on your ignorance. The Commerce Clause is used to regulated COMMERCE BETWEEN AND AMONG THE STATES!!! Healthcare is, has always been, and will remain an INTRASTATE issue. Insurance was NEVER sold across state lines NOR were health services ever imported or exported between or among the states. Ergo, the Federal government has ZERO authority to legislate this!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Actually, the Constitution does not and cannot support a law that forces the American People to purchase a good or service.

— Doc Velocity

Luckily it doesn't do that.

There is a tax hike. If you purchase health insurance, you will get a tax rebate. Thats the legality of it, tax hikes are legal and constitutional.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
linking to poll after poll after poll after poll after poll demonstrating that nearly 2/3 of the country OPPOSED THIS BILL!

Yep, some think it goes too far, some believe it doesnt go far enough, some think its a good mix

aka, 2/3rds dont like it, but its about 50/50 of wanting more in it verses wanting less.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Serves them crooked potitical ass clowns right if they receive Violent Backlash, they are supposed to represent US citizens that elected them to their jobs and they are totally blocking out what the people are saying. If I'm at my day job and don't listen to what my boss tells me to do and just do whatever I want, he's gonna pull me aside and voice his displeasure about my job performance and/or fire me why should it be any different for these pencil pushers that don't give a damn about the PEOPLE they work for. These Politicians need a wakeup call to either shape up or GTFO and let someone else in that will actually do as the people want and not what their political party members want.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I am wondering if these stories are true, about the threats, if the people are thinking to themselves-

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Seems to me that if congressmen are opposed to threats and violence then they wouldn't pass legislation forcing you to buy something you don't want by using threats and violence.

Just seems a little hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
As soon as I read "violence and threats are unacceptable. That’s not the American way. We need to take that anger and channel it into positive change", I knew that I had to share some thoughts because what that was is called Spin. You know, avoidance and deception is what it really is and as such I should translate into common layperson speak so we all can understand.

What they probably are thinking but not saying out loud is that they are more in fear of the "whiplash" that could come from meeting the end of a rope. The kind of anger that tries to send a loud and clear message that we're no longer in Kansas, Toto, you better hang on, here comes a Washington DC Tornado from hell and wait, wait wasn't that The Evil Witch Pelosi who just flew by cackling, ha ha ha ha....you'll have to pass it to find out what's in it Pelosi? Yes, I think is was, and her flying monkeys too.

Oh well, there fear of violence and threats is to be expected but I'll just bet they use and milk this excuse to tell us even less than they normally do. If they are getting scared, well they should be because Dorthy and her Ruby slippers are going to get us out of Oz and send us back home as soon as she shows up and clicks her heels three times. Besides, it's in the script. Haven't you read the script?

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I see this going one of three ways ;

1.A violent attack/uprising that is snuffed out quite quickly(this was their desire all along, so they were prepared) and it is used to justify martial law and gun bans , maybe this is what they want. Advice: Be very careful.

2.The second Civil War , God forbid. The PTB all go into their bunkers and close the doors until it all boils over. Then They return , rinse and repeat.

3.It all dies down and people go back to getting raped by the fascist government only to whine again when they lose another freedom or liberty. Rinse and repeat.

@David9176
Your two solutions for these colossal problems are all well intended and may reverse some of the problems , but as has been noted everywhere , people have been trying to avoid a violent confrontation , but would BIG GOVERNMENT listen to the people , no. It IS now married to BIG BUSINESS (taking part in backroom deals) , the greedy beast.

People voted for "CHANGE" with Obama and he promised to bring down the moon , but we got more of the same if not worst. All doing what politicians do best these days to the electorate ; lie , cheat and steal.In essence they will say anything to get into office and once there do a complete u-turn.

I strongly agree that political parties should fund their own campaigns and that corporate or union monies should be made illegal to accept.Question is , will these governments listen and comply , they don't seem to and if they will , only to special interests. Also what would stop them from taking an undeclared "gift" or two?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
These threats are making me sick. They were yelling racial slurs at black congressmen and spitting on people. Who is that retard who was giving out addresses and phone numbers and telling people to show up and tell them how you feel? Children are involved. That is pathetic. These guys are losers. Where were these same people when the REPUBLICANS AND RIGHT WING POLITICIANS were ramming the patriot act and illegal wars down our throat against the publics will? And now they're going to get this upset over Healthcare? Leaving obscene voicemails at a residence where a child can hear it is unacceptable. Totally unacceptable.

Edit to add that these right wing protestors are quick to forget any transgressions of their own party and resort to base name calling and insults rather then do what someone civilized would do and form some grassroots organizations to get someone from their own party elected.

Oh don't get me wrong, there are plenty of dimwits on the left side of the political spectrum as well and they are well documented. We're not talking about them right now though. We're talking about criminals who don't care about children and who are obviously racist and violent. This isn't about civil war.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by amazing]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

This is not partisan as the disease has infected both parties , which sadly has taken so long for people to realize. Most of them were asleep (figuratively speaking) or had their heads buried in the sand (denial). They had to wake up sometime , America needs to take back itself from the GREEDY BANKERS , BIG BUSINESS and BIG BROTHER , America needs to become responsible once more and stop letting parasites like these drag it under. I guess this bill is a push too far (forced to buy health insurance or else , something the MAJORITY did not want) and hopefully all those other unconstitutional bills/laws you speak of will be repealed if action is taken. Better late than never.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
If the Democrat representatives are so upset about these threats then why did they vote for a bill that they knew 2/3rds of Americans were against? I mean duh, are they really that stupid?

no they are not that stupid
but they are more afraid of those guys in
black suits showing up asking them why didn't
they vote the way they were instructed to.
You know who I'm talking about. The big goons
with the guns that can make people disappear
without a trace.

The only choice for them was:
Who did they fear the most?
The American Public? or the Spooks with guns?
Why do u think Kucinich changed his vote
at the last minute?? Did anyone notice
how pale he looked when he was asked
by the press why he changed his vote?
He was white as a sheet, looked like he'd
just seen a ghost!!! or maybe a SPOOK !!!!
go watch that news reel and tell me if u
notic it too. He was coerced into changing
his vote, it was evident.

I believe some people in DC are actually good
and I think Kucinich is one of them. Ron Paul
is another. However, neither of them can change
our government alone with a spook over their
shoulder.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well he is wrong. To say it is unamerican means he wants the job he just doesn't want it if the sheeple are gonna wake up. I absolutely hate the thought of violence to our government. Everyone reasonable detests the thought as well. But not American? I guess it is true that they know nothing of our history. The constitution was written in blood of the oppressed American people after the Revolution.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Cry me a river....Ive been called worse names, and been yelled at in a more violent manner at a Jr Football game.

When you fail to represent your constituents... expect backlash. People are upset and feel violated.

Such thinned skinned people should not work in the media or in politics.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Here's more evidence of a Revolution in progress
coming from a famous man in TN by the name
of Larry Gatlin.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
why dont they listen to what the people need?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join