It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pope calls for a true world political authority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

nothing much to add apart from saying that im not surprised.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Lovely. More euro-centric power grabbing coming from Rome. :shk:

They really should clean up their own house before trying to 'clean up' the world.

(and no .. I don't really believe Ratzinger is trying to 'clean up' the world with this)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't know why anyone should listen to the pope, church and state are "supposed" to be separate. (though I doubt that was ever the case)

For all I care the Pope can "call" for domino pizza and sulk.

If you don't agree with the Pope then you're a terrorist, or a blasphemer! Or what do they call it now? Anti-Christian?

On a light note, I do like his hat, it would make an awesome super hero helmet. Pope Man!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh sure.

Pope calling for the Anti-Christ figure???

I am so disgusted with religion, and the pope is as crazy as it gets.

Or maybe he's just plain evil.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just as in 2007, when the Pope said the church us supreme and all other denominations are sister churches to it.

More...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
can anyone say "Totalitarianism"?

i am calling for a true world political mental institution

and for every politician from Washington to Rome to be put in that mental institution , in padded rooms, with straight jackets on and fed very potent psychotropic medications

Look, I just want to HELP them.

They will thank us in the end after they get treatment.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hi guys!

Although I'm Catholic, this sounds very suspicious to me.
OK, I would not be surprised if it turns true - according to the Book of revelation - the Rome will be a home for Antichrist..

You can read the whole encyclicae here:
www.vatican.va... ly_father/benedict_xvi/encyclicals/documents/hf_ben-xvi_enc_20090629_caritas-in-veritate_en.html

the most important part:

To manage the global economy; to revive economies hit by the crisis; to avoid any deterioration of the present crisis and the greater imbalances that would result; to bring about integral and timely disarmament, food security and peace; to guarantee the protection of the environment and to regulate migration: for all this, there is urgent need of a true world political authority, as my predecessor Blessed John XXIII indicated some years ago. Such an authority would need to be regulated by law, to observe consistently the principles of subsidiarity and solidarity, to seek to establish the common good[147], and to make a commitment to securing authentic integral human development inspired by the values of charity in truth. Furthermore, such an authority would need to be universally recognized and to be vested with the effective power to ensure security for all, regard for justice, and respect for rights[148].

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Looking back it was kinda evident something was going on....

I mean no offence to anyone. This was just something I stumbled across this afternoon and if you do not have a sense of humor do not watch it.

I find the popes actions against religious teachings in my own opinion.

As for this article, he is systematically working his way through things isnt he.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Actually, this is the third time since the begining of the 21st century ( 2000 )
that a Pope, calls for a NEW WORD ORDER

(1) Pope Jean Paul II in 2004
www.guardian.co.uk...

(2) Pope Rezinger in december 2005
www.infowars.com...

(3) Pope Rezinger this week...

Hmmm... i wounder who's all seing eye, is symbolized, at the capstone
of the illuminati's pyramid

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The racoon eyed pope

is smoking some kind of rare Vatican something or other.

Are these people just following a script from Revelations and trying to do everything it says???

We are self destructing hmmm.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The pope is one of the most evil looking people I've ever seen. You would think the AntiChrist wouldn't look like Satan.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
At every level of society there are people (even the Pope!) who long for an authority figure to tell them what to do because they are afraid of taking responsibility and cannot think for themselves.

Here's Gore Vidal talking about the Emperor Tiberias:

www.leftbusinessobserver.com...

When he became Emperor, the Senate passed a bill, assuring him that any legislation that he sent them would be automatically accepted, and become law. He sent back word and he said, "You're crazy. Suppose, suppose the Emperor is mad, suppose he's ill, suppose there's a palace coup and somebody else is sending things in his name? How can you be so certain that what you're passing is really his, or should be passed?"

They sent it back: "Anything your Imperial Majesty sends us is law for us."

And Tiberius said, "How eager they are to be slaves."

[edit on 9-7-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

People are just to damn busy with other things right not to be worried about this GEM!!!

This is why religion is dangerous.. VERY EVIL!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I substantially agree with what you are saying and with the statements of the presenter in the vidclip.

Personally, I am a nominal Buddhist, though I was born a Roman Catholic. All religions have teachers and authority figures. Human organizations seem to evolve that way . . . and it's not a bad thing if not taken to extremes.

Having said that, it is important to note that Nature never puts all of it's eggs into one basket.

Plurality and diffusion are Nature's and therefore God's, (if you are a believer) way.

I believe that if a religious authority advocates consolidation of authority on a world wide basis, he is advocating a course of action contrary to the established modalities of nature and by inference the modalities of God.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I guess you could say I belive.. But I think of myself as a druid. I am the type of person who would refuse the mark of the beast.. I would not follow some idol.. And I would and still in my life refuse to feed the beast..

Yet I can not find myself in church.. Or any place else other than the forest and the trees.. Not becasue Im a New ager, Or some hippie..

But becasue I feel church is truthly run by evil powers.. I feel Satan is in charge of the ruling bodies of churches in this world.

The Pope just looks Damn EVIL to me.. He feels evil.. Like under that skin is a demon.. I get sick when I look at him..

I get sick when standing next to churches..
Yet some tell me Im a true child of God.. Or a true spirit of Jesus Christ..

I guess.. I wouldnt mind being that.. But here and now Im just me.. I don't follow any man.. I only follow my heart.. And hurt none..
I feel in my heart when the day comes and the Mark is given.. I will ultimately refuse such a thing.. Even if that means I have to live in the woods for the rest of my days.. Im a druid!! That works out for me!

Heres part 2

While his message is true and clear to me.. IT still rings with religious under tones.. And I guess I see it comming, and I see the point.. But I am not a man of the cloth.. I am quite the opposite.. I stand opposed to the true EVILs of this world.. And when I speak out about these true evils, religous bible thumpers track me down and stalk me!!
Honestly they scare me.. So mostly I keep my mouth shut..

No one likes to hear that their lives are a lie.. And what they belived to be Jesus and God, was really Satan himself..
I guess they will know when its all over, and they are bowing before the dark Lord all this time..

Those who support governments.. Support Wars. and everything else.. Be warned.. And as much respect for men and women fighting overseas..
Your tool to commit murder upon others.. You will be judged aswell..
Well enough about that bable.. You get my point..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
And I'll bet that the pope thinks he's just the man for the job. Just sayin'.....

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I haven't watched part 2 of the video yet, but on the subject of the Pope:

I'm assuming that the Pope is not an evil man, appearances notwithstanding, lol.

I know that his organization has people in it who are capable of coming to a comprehensive appreciation of the global economic structure, at least as well as secular experts can. I just don't think that he is on the right track.

What he is saying amounts to saying, "Give even more power to those who are already abusing the power they have." Yes he would like to have a spiritual and moral and ethical component to management of the world economy, but that is a pipe dream. No organization of cut-throats is going to let the token good guy on the board tell them what to do.

Multiplicity of authority, competition among economies, and yes, injections of ethics and morality are all ways to put the world economy right. The key to the whole program is rescue and reabilitation of the representative democracy of the United States. The American people have to take back control of their elected representatives and then use the tools of government to control transnational corporations.

In ancient times there were laws against charging excessive interest on loans. Perhaps there should be laws regulating corporate profits. Corporations should not be allowed to run overseas to do things they could never get away with at home.

The theoretical limit of laissez faire capitalism, the ideal of the United States, is one company owning everything and that company owned by one guy. Heaven help us then.

I would support the Pope if he were calling for a grassroots revival of representative government in the United States, so we could finally get a government there that would do what the people wanted done.

I trust the American people when they have a voice in matters. They are a generous good hearted people who have been thwarted too often by corrupt representatives. If that situation could be straightened out, everything else would take care of itself.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just watched part 2 of the video.

I think the presenter is a good young person trying to act in a righteous way to lead others to follow a famous and good religious figure.

I don't think the Pope is as bad a fellow as he believes, but I do think the Pope is wrong to call for a more centralized world economic authority. I think he means well but I think that is the wrong way to go.

We need people at the bottom of the economy to reassert their authority.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
yesterday in german news on tv..the main news..they were talking about the G8..and they said..quite openly..that as of now the G20 will take its place..and that that will be a sort of world government...similar to what the pope mentioned a few days ago..

i was watching last night and couldnt believe my ears..

anyone want to watch go to the zdf mediathek and do a search for 'heute journal'...youll see it at about 5.30 to 6.30..

if someone can tell me how i can rip this video of ill put it on youtube..and translate it

[edit on 10-7-2009 by alienesque]

top topics

join