It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong radio signal at 1420 MHZR eminating from a location off of the planet!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This small bit came from another board.

www.timebomb2000.com...

Could this be an attempt at contact ?

Begining this evening a strong radio signal at 1420 MHZ has been detected by a variety of radio operators. This signal appears to be eminating from a location off of the planet. The signal is constant and quite strong. (9+)

Related...

www.seti-inst.edu...

In the "Protected Band" at 1420 MHz
Through international agreements, several special frequency bands have been reserved for radio astronomy. Perhaps the most important of these bands includes the emission from hydrogen atoms at 1420 MHz. The "protected" band extends from 1400 MHz to 1427 MHz in order to allow observations of hydrogen gas moving at a range of velocities.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by energy_wave]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
how about linking to the other board?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I just got this from 'Surfing The Apocalypse'

Kent Steadman CYBERSPACE ORBIT
has just posted the following information about a strange radio signal being heard at 1420mhz. Interestingly enough there is also a current radar anomaly that it seems MAY be connected. I have saved the animated version of the radar anomaly and posted it here because the images are updated regularly at the source (weather.unisys.com...) and therefore disappear.

Read the rest here

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Very interesting post, especially the radar anomaly. Two questions. Could the government have been testing some radar system that caused it and secondly, what's the rational for saying the signal originated from off the planet. I know that the government has tested a number of radar systems that have interferred with ham radio communications. What's very interesting here is the size of the radar anomaly and the strength of the signal receieved. An S9++ is very difficult to maintain over a klarge geographic area. Damn, the highest frequency I can get is 1.3 GHz. I wonder if I can convince my wife I need another radio?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
has anyone listed to the signal? there is a link to a sound.wav file on the site that pisky gave the link to, it's very short , but sounds quite strange if you slow it down.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Slow it down and it sounds like a code..

I'm willing to bet its repeating..

I've slowed this .17 second file to be 182.97 seconds, it's fairly recognisable.. slowed down to the max my comp is capable of, about 5855 seconds.. it's basically transcribable to 1's and 0's here.. just a repeating sequence of blips, but off in the background around every ten seconds a 'computerish' noise is audible.. Either all static is this neat, or this is a definite signal.

EDIT: I've now listened right through it, and I'm fairly convinced this isn't just a standard hydrogen emission.. the computerish noise is one thing, the fact that it seems to be conveying something for another.. it is following a structure. There will be a tiny space, then a little bit, then steady, then really focused and constant, then steady, then really focused again, then just a tiny bit, and then space.. it repeats constantly, and it's.. eerie.

At just 1/2 speed and 1/4 speed you can hear it seems more like a frequency of machines working, perhaps an engine.. it's very interesting, this is fun.
[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Viendin]

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Viendin]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've heard the clip but haven't slowed it down yet. It would be cool if it were from out there but I think in the end we're going to find the government was experimenting with a new radar.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
can oyu please re-upload this file slowed down?

i dont know how to, this could be the beginning of a veeeeery large discovery.....

id love to take a peep at it.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You should have an 'audio recorder' program in the entertainment section of your accessories section in programs. If you download the file, then you can open it with one of these.. I don't have any space to upload a slowed version, but its ultra cool..

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
thanks, im listening to it right now, i see what you mean......

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i sped it up to 22.87 seconds,

and theres a regular pattern that can be recognized going on oscilating.

sounds like the drying machine, you know.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Socalbmx]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Get it to about 6000 seconds.. you'll hear the individual blips of it..

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
cant get past 1710.28

but i cnatn see the full number...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hmm..I would definately like to believe it is from the heavens, however, some people on the CyberSpace board are saying they have slowed it down max, and have found various 'Earthly' things - including a phone ringing, and the sound effects from the game 'Pong'...?

: - /

-wD

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You have to play it at the speed of PI

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
this is very intriguing, but a key issue that needs to be resolved before we jump to any conclusions is to pinpoint to source. I am aware that it is thought to be off planet, but we need to find out just how far away it seems to be coming from. If it's not very far, as in extrasolar, it could be a runaway satellite.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
...... Damn, the highest frequency I can get is 1.3 GHz. I wonder if I can convince my wife I need another radio?

I wanna know where I can find a radio with that range so I too can hear the noise.

It always could be a non living anomaly in the universe. It is on the hydrogen spectrum if the info is right, thats creepy when you think about it.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by jrod]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is Radio Alien 1420 bringing u the best in oldies, country, jazz, and hits from the 80's!

o dear god...my worst nightmare has come true!!!!!!! the invasion is about to begin......

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
This small bit came from another board.

www.timebomb2000.com...

Could this be an attempt at contact ?

Begining this evening a strong radio signal at 1420 MHZ has been detected by a variety of radio operators. This signal appears to be eminating from a location off of the planet. The signal is constant and quite strong. (9+)

Related...

www.seti-inst.edu...

In the "Protected Band" at 1420 MHz
Through international agreements, several special frequency bands have been reserved for radio astronomy. Perhaps the most important of these bands includes the emission from hydrogen atoms at 1420 MHz. The "protected" band extends from 1400 MHz to 1427 MHz in order to allow observations of hydrogen gas moving at a range of velocities.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by energy_wave]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
energy_wave, on that first link you posted someone was saying that the number one 'Gaussian Candidate' on SETI so far was in the 1420.602708Mhz, 1420.602830Mhz and 1420.602932 Mhz range and linked to here. I don't have a clue what a Gaussian Candidate is, but I'm guessing it's the closest they've got to a suspected signal?

Can any of the Seti crew add to this?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join