It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nearby asteroid '2009 HC82' found orbiting sun backwards

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatr137
It does approach relatively close to Mars and Earth twice...but look how close it comes to Mercury, Feb 9.

I mean, we're always worried about how a near miss or a hit on Earth could be to us...but what would the affect be on the solar system if Mercury was struck, or even worse, what if the impact had enough force to change the orbit...even slightly...of course, it probably doesn't have that sort of force...

Yes.. I saw this as well.. it's SUPER close to Mercury on that date! I'm not sure what the effects would be if it did smack into Mercury!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I wonder how many times it will be mistaken for Nibiru in 2012

I bet we see a thread on here dedicated to it!

IRM

Or to turn it around, this is a clever way to 'hide' nibiru also..
This seems to come pretty convinient as people have starting to get it on pictures.. They get debunked EASY because NOW there is an Official explaination to what they see: just an small astreroid that Just happend to turn up and go around the sun, Im guessing in Nibirus supposedly orbit too ?..

Im not saying it is Nibiru, just that this gives 'them' an approved debunk of Nibiru if that was the case..I have a picture of a faint red dot in a picture I took, and it cant be alittle icy asteroid as it is seen thru the blue glare of the sky..

I am just saying...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
if it's the dead core of a former comet, we didn't see it earlier (pre-telescope times) in comet form because it likely blew off all of its ice and dust long ago. we didn't find it recently (post-telescope times) because it's fairly small and dim with an odd-ball orbit.

IMO

as far as being retrograde, this post (not mine) from another forum sounds about right . . . '

**this object's aphelion (farthest point in its orbit) happens to be placed quite near the orbit of Jupiter, which was probably responsible for purturbing this object into this orbit in the first place. Also interesting is the fact that the asteroid's orbital period is quite close to 2/3 that of Jupiter's. Close to a resonance. So one would expect frequent opportunity for purturbations that changes the asteroid's orbit.**

if jupiter is involved -- which seems the case -- you can wind up with some whacky orbits. jupiter has a number of retrograde-orbiting moons, all larger than this object. jupiter can flat out jack up an object's orbit.

one group of jupiter moons in retrograde orbit is the anake group . . . a group of small moons in very similar orbit around the giant, thought to have become a 'group' as opposed to a single large moon after an impact event.

Anake Group

if one of the anake group was pulled away from jupiter, would you see an orbit similar to this?

i dunno, that's why i ask.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
For who's interested:

The discovery of a 2- to 3-kilometre-wide asteroid in an orbit that goes backwards has set astronomers scratching their heads. It comes closer to Earth than any other object in a 'retrograde' orbit, and astronomers think they should have spotted it before.

more at link
new scientist

[edit on 2/5/2009 by GypsK]

Beware guys, Nibiru comes!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Article from universe today, posted May 3, 2009

www.universetoday.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This is not an asteroid. Looks like an asteroid. Doesn't behave like an asteroid. Is "eccentric and backward" are not even descriptors of an asteroid.

This is a craft. Darkness has been dismantled. This is a craft of the Divine True Light.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suranda
This is not an asteroid. Looks like an asteroid. Doesn't behave like an asteroid. Is "eccentric and backward" are not even descriptors of an asteroid.

This is a craft. Darkness has been dismantled. This is a craft of the Divine True Light.

im not sure if you are being serious

but i do suspect very much it is a large (not huge ) but a large craft....

and we are being told this so we dont think twice IF we per chance see it.....

we will know soon as now that everyones tracking it...
its apparently near the sun isnt it? its not going to want to get TOO close to the sun, i dont think even ets are going to want to get that close to the sun,

so keep an eye on it.. if it does a u-turn then we`ll know its intelligently controlled

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
2012, 2012, 2012, 2012 now this is some news that will fire upp Nbiru-2012-end-of-the-world-people

we are all gonna die

Interesting find OP star and flag
It's orbit is weird have never heard of it going the other way....

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
hmm none of the big websites have anything about this

why do you reckon they are keeping quiet?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't intend to sound sarcastic about this being a craft (above), I am actually quite serious.

It seems to me whenever there is a comet or asteroid out there flying close to the Earth, information about it is in abundance on spaceweather.com and space.com etc.

So why is the scientific community mum about this one? I reckon it is because they know it is not an asteroid. I don't know if it is connected, but the Earth's magnetosphere is taking a huge pounding (particularly over the past few days -- caused by a coronal hole in the sun) and has been severely fragmented. This has been going on pretty much constantly since 22 January 2009.

I would like to connect the dots:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hmmm. I'm new to ATS -- I'm not imbedding videos properly. Here is the link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Haha the UFO comment doesn't sound so silly when you think about it, it's not so out there. I mean they didn't see it before when they should have, and now it seems to orbit the opposite way, maybe suggesting some energy that's pushing it that way?

Oh well the universe is full of interesting things!

[edit on 5-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
when you look at what we know about the universe, a retrogate orbit isn't all that uncomon,
it doesn't make it a ufo....

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Oh my God you are right! There is an energy out there pushing it into that weird orbiting direction.

Maybe it is an asteroid after all.

There is a huge anomaly out there which is sending cosmic rays in direction of the Earth, whacking our magnetosphere. Science has gone mumbo jumbo on this. They have no idea what it is, or if they do they aren't saying.

This is why the sun feels so hot when it is just about dead as a doorknob. The radiation being created by these cosmic rays is affecting the Earth in a real severe way. Go outside next time it is sunny and you will see what I am saying.

The thing is these cosmic rays are affecting our mood and behaviour. What is more important though is it heading in our direction.

It could be Neutron Star SGR1550-5418.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
please lets keep this thread alive

i cant believe the papers have said nothing about this

this completly defies the laws of pysics which skeptics and debunkers use against the paranormal

incredible that when something like this happens they walk away quickly whistling...

please keep this thread alive!!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i would really like to see an official explanation!

i'm still voting for space station ;-)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If it is a space ship, it sure is taking its time to intercept Earth in 2012, because it is currently heading out away from the sun and the orbital plane of our solar system. Space station would have to be a more likely explanation. You would think that being out in space away from everything in this strange orbit would make it much more easy to observe, and if a space station, then more difficult for space ships to visit without being detected.

Thanks to the op for providing the Orbital Path Calculator I was able to look at the projected path of HC82. Curiously, when it is expected to pass back through our solar plane, on Oct 5, 2012, it will be almost equal distance between the Earth and the Sun, kind of directly between the Earth and the Sun in a triangulation, except near the bottom of its orbit as it goes below our solar plane. Mercury and Venus will be a long ways away at this time. I don't know how far below the orbital plane HC82 goes, and wasn't able to figure that information out looking at what is available on the Orbital Path Calculator. Using a compass though, with the calculated distance of HC82 to the Sun at 0.49 AU and to the Earth 0.59 on Oct 5th from the Orbital Calculator, AU being the average distance between the Earth and the Sun, my gestimation is that HC82 will be about .2 AU below the orbital plane at that time.

Hmm, broad speculation mode, aliens on 2-3 KM asteroid/space station in triangulation with Earth and Sun in October of 2012, around which time we will be passing through the Galactic Plane, sure leaves a huge range of possibilities open. It sure would be a convenient time to either use the forces of the cosmos against us, or to work to save us from the forces of the cosmos.

Clearly there is a good scifi movie/novel in this.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by poet1b]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Kay something is weird, they tagged it Apollo now, but the data still shows it to not be an Apollo... it does not directly cross the earths orbit in the little simulation thingy. So that is another odd thing about this rock.. maybe they have not updated the new data in the simulation. But there is more weirdness going on, go back and look. 2009 HC29 Notice all the dates we posted about another fly by in 2012... there all incorrect now, not even close. It's not coming till later in the year.. and no where near as close as we thought before. Closest data now is October 5th 2012 at 88,711,614 KM. So I guess they did update the simulation! So what, did it speed up or slow down? Okay maybe they have better idea of it's orbit now, I can understand that.. just seems weird it would be off by so much (Originally January not October), and that they would give it a false Apollo tag.

Another NEO was detected the 4th a day before it passed less than 400,000KM from us.. Somewhat small though, but not tiny at 22m they should have seen this before as well. To give people some of an idea what is really close. I'll show these two passes.. I'm sure there is more things that would be a threat.. these definitely could be someday.

2001 CV26

That is 9.8 LD.. 10 moon distances. The 2nd is much further but still "looks" close.. and still could have the bad timing of being in the our orbit path when we are someday.

2003 QO104

Both of them over 3 KM wide.. both of them a whole lot closer than this thing comes. Both of them directly cross our orbit.. true Apollos. Hey and there kinda close right now too, but don't be worried

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow, now that they have started to look around, it looks like galactic pinball out there. I surprised we haven't been hit more often. Seems to me that considerable more effort should be put into responding to cleaning up our near space area. I don't want to be counting on an under budgeted FEMA to take out the planet killer coming at us.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Cosmic Rays = cosmic radiation. This is the reason for the fragmenting condition of the magnetosphere.

Cosmic Ray is a subatomic particle that comes from outer space - from very, very, very high energies.

What has been:

1 ev = 1 electrovolt = chemical process
1 Mev = 1,000,000 ev = nuclear process
1 Gev = 1,000,000,000 ev = mass energy of protons
1 Tev = 1,000,000,000,000 ev = current particles acceleterators

What they are now seeing, add another 6 zeroes. These are the cosmic rays that are now rearranging the solar system.....causing:

1. Massive climate/weather changes on Earth
2. Putting asteroid(s) into a backward orbit
3. Changing the position of Earth or Sun, if not both
4. Bombarding the Earth, and probably all planets in the Solar System with these Cosmic Rays that are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 electrovolts strong.

Sheesh. No wonder we are so messed up.

There is no "object" causing these Cosmic Rays. (It can't be a supernova because a supernova does not have energies over 10 to the 16th ev. Nor is it from a Neutron Star and obviously not a Gamma Ray Burst.) Scientists have confirmed there is no object.

There is no object, there is Thought of the True Divine Mind......

This is the Source of the cosmic rays which will ultimately neutralize all particles of Darkness in this physical realm......

TPTB are freaking out. Their human depopulation program has been abandoned (hence the failure of their b.s. pandemic). There will be wars because their bloodlust mentality cannot exist without bloodshed.

Soon life on the surface of Earth will cease to exist, and they now know this. Don't believe me?

Go outside and soak up those Cosmic Rays, you won't last more than 15 minutes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join