It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Old Faithful seems to produce lot of steam? Is this normal because i haven t been watching it... but yesterday there was musc ledd steam even time of geysir.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I was just thinking that it is TOO quiet. There is nothing showing up anywhere. RSOE still has the volcano up, but no quakes. GEE is not working for me this morning despite numerous attempts and rebooting, etc. I wonder, because I get alot of blue triangles, but nothing but white ones for the most part. But it has me wondering since USGS has the volcano listed now (link several posts back).

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well, there is always the spark of doubt in my mind when it has anything to do with Uncle Sam. But, I am going to abandon that pursuit. The thing that the YS swarm has done for a lot of us it that is has brought our attention to the sleeping giant that it is. I'm astounded by the fact that a week ago I was not aware of the "Super Volcano" in hibernation in Wyoming. That seems incredible to me. I mean, whet the hell was I doing that day in geography class???
Not only that, but realizing how active this planet really is on a daily basis has given me a new respect for ecology and the environment. It has also been nice to see how places like ATP make it possible for us to be able to communicate our ideas, our fears, and lead us to search for the truth. I'd say this event has given many of us a basic education in things we might never have realized or bothered to understand.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Good to have you with us!

Congratulations on reading through the whole thread!
Yes, Dr Chouet is worth mentioning again as it's been some pages since he was last referred to, so it's good you've done so... As you know, there are links back there to some articles about him (including a couple of links posted by me if I recall -- it's been a long several days!
), and one of our members also emailed him like you did... No response as yet, far as I know. She hasn't mentioned so anyway. But he'd likely be verrry busy right now I would guess.

But like I was saying, there are several important points in the thread that have been repeated for the benefit of any late-comers, so what you've said is not really redundant or anything in such a long thread. It's good information.

It would be great to get the opinion from a top expert like Dr Chouet but as others have mentioned they might feel limited in what they can say until they've had a chance to go over the huge volume of data that's been accumulated.

Let's hope things stay pretty quiet there in Yellowstone for another few hundred years or so...

Regards,

Mike

Edit: typos!

[edit on 3/1/09 by JustMike]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pantangele

Pretty well put!

Have to agree that if there were some kind of cover-up/conspiracy going on, then they wouldn't be releasing much data at all, let alone installing a new helicorder like the one that came on-line today (and which seems pretty active right now, really). I think generally we've managed to avoid the "sky is falling" kind of stuff -- not completely of course, but most of the time it's been pretty good postings with lots of info and data to look at.

If Yellowstone quietens down again (which as I've said [X] times in this thread already, is the ideal), then at the very least we've acquired some knowledge. As you say and most here would agree, if anything happens at all, a hydrothermal event is by far more likely than a volcanic eruption. That's what all the historical data show and what the experts say, and there's nothing to be gained by saying otherwise.

Cheers and thanks for your own input!

Mike

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
It is very quiet..too quiet!
Anyway, it has not been this quiet in six days. Have we seen the last of the activity? Yesterday seem to have been extremely busy and probably the worst of it has passed now.

Well the calm before the storm or natures false flag. Who knows but I would guess even if it is a false flag there will still be more movement coming up just maybe not to the extent it was before. None the less it's been pretty cool to watch the graphs.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Another update by James Pethokoukis at US News.

www.usnews.com...

He seems to be the only person in the media that is paying any attention.

EDIT: Lots of good info and links in this article. I'll leave it to members that have been following things more closely to pull out and comment on the specifics.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by BOTOH]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
I was just thinking that it is TOO quiet. There is nothing showing up anywhere. RSOE still has the volcano up, but no quakes. GEE is not working for me this morning despite numerous attempts and rebooting, etc. I wonder, because I get alot of blue triangles, but nothing but white ones for the most part. But it has me wondering since USGS has the volcano listed now (link several posts back).

Try this:

I had the same problem and when I clicked "help" and then clicked "connection status" as it was trying to connect it suddenly connected and started showing everything maybe just a coincidence but it seems to work for me.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BOTOH

Great info BOTOH!

Check out this guys QA of the quakes:

blog.wolfram.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
For those of you, like myself, keeping up with GEE I have noticed the activity at TA.H17A picking up again.

For those who don't have GEE, the location of the activity is 'Grant Village-NPS'

[edit on 1/3/09 by SevenandFive]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wind from the W (260 degrees) at 17 MPH (15 KT) gusting to 33 MPH (29 KT) (direction variable)

Why aren't the seismograms shaking right now?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenandFive
reply to post by BOTOH

Great info BOTOH!

Check out this guys QA of the quakes:

blog.wolfram.com...

That graphic at the end is REALLY nice. I've added the blog and the visualization to the Wiki

When you come across things like this, please feel free to update the wiki yourself!

-K

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dustystrings
Wind from the W (260 degrees) at 17 MPH (15 KT) gusting to 33 MPH (29 KT) (direction variable)

Why aren't the seismograms shaking right now?

I just looked that up and was ready to post. I don't think the wind has squat to do with anything.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just caught this on the Old Faithful cam, these guys look like they have survey equipment and helmets on..I dunno..do they do this daily there?

sorry for the big pic

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Yes they do that everyday taking surveys and measurements. I would imagine that they would step up those observation cycles even more with the incrased activity as well.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Well at least we cant say no one is keeping an eye on the place! Those guys probably havent even had coffee yet. I suppose if we see them run, we can assume something is going on.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A commenter on that newest US News story linked to the following YouTube Video:

Very interesting, and a little terrifying.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Im looking at us.lkwy on gee seems something is happening.I dont really understand how to read it but it was small waves now there big.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by humanaqurian

Yes and it's vastly different than the uofu helicorders. I am watching too.

I think we must be the only ones that are noticing this...

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join