It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judas Iscariot - is he in Heaven or Hell ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
According to Christian beliefs, Jesus was sacrificed in order to save the human race from the results of their 'sins'. Because of his sacrifice all who believe in him will receive immortal life and a place in Heaven. If he had not been crucified, If he had been unable to perform his God-given task, humanity would have been doomed.

Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus, facilitating Jesus' death. As an apostle, Judas was originally a believer in Christ and his message. His reaction upon realising his gross error in betraying Jesus, was to kill himself. Hence it is obvious that Judas bitterly regretted his actions.

But if Judas hadn't performed as he did, if he had not betrayed Jesus, then Jesus' mission would be a failure. He would never have been crucified and humanity would never have been redeemed.

God chose Judas as the betrayer, the man who sold Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. Judas was responsible for Christ's death. He was also responsible for the sacrifice that ultimately gave hope to humanity.

So where is Judas ?

Heaven, for his part in ensuring Christ's mission succeeded ?
or Hell, for betraying Christ ?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
He's been ressurected from the dead and is now a zombie.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Judas is one of the Twelve Stars. He is in Heaven just as any other of the twelve is. He regretted whe he had realised what he had done, remember? He even judged himself and couldn't stand being among the living when he realised his iniquity. He killed himself. The money which made him deceive, however, is not in the Heavens. Uppon those coins were icons of C�sar (coin/icon not easy to tell the difference). And the first thing the Catholics managed to do, was to blame the Jews and Judas especially for the crimes of the C�sar, while the C�sar who made them great, Constantine, they gave a godlike status in the Church and let him dictate their doctrine in details, until he had managed to turn Christianity into Mithraism, or made the two faiths so like that he eventually let himself baptise.

They later continued this herecy into unknown proportions. Like when they change the face of Jesjuah into the face of their favorite C�sar and made the whole world into worshipping Clovis I as God......

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There seem to be some scriptures that imply just that, just as Cain and one other (the Roman soldier that stuck the spear into Christ...creating the Spear of Destiny), are rumored to be cursed with walking the world forever...

Interestingly enough, I've even seen this idea exploited in two different films, Seventh Sign, and the latest Dracula spin....

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In Dante's Inferno, he is in the ninth circle of hell.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
But the fact that Judas just did what Jesjuah told him to do, and the fact that the soldier with the spear probably saved the life of Jesjuah, SHOULD make you think twise before spreading those medievel lies based on heathen demonology.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't believe in any of it, Jesus, The Bible, any of it. I was just stating what Dante's Inferno said about the biblical character of Judas.

[edit=spelling]

[Edited on 2/24/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I don't believe in any of it, Jesus, The Bible, any of it. I was just stating what Dante's Inferno said about the biblical charicter of Judas.

Well if you dont believe contributing to this discussion would be contradictory wouldnt it?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
In Dante's Inferno, he is in the ninth circle of hell.

Need I mention that Dante speaks of hell using Greek and Norse mythology to back his false accusations? Not strange for he was a devout Catholic as far as I know. But there is only one Unseen place, it is called She'ol. This word is also exactly the same as the name Saul, the arch enemy of king David and later also Christ. Saul Paulus who is basically the father of modern Church doctrine. Should make a couple of people occupied with explaining where they come from I guess.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Good question.....

Now satan "entered" into Judas and he went and ratted on Jesus. For that to happen Judas must have been committing sin BEFORE the time of the last supper. There may be a track record there of Judas not following Jesus out of the right motives.

I think it says somewhere that he was the keeper of the money and used to help himself to it as well.

In this case was he in reality a "follower of Jesus" or just an exploiter of the position? (not an unusual situation in many churches today and historically) That he could betray Jesus seems to suggest no.

I would want to consider WHY Judas went to the Pharasies and offered to rat on Jesus first. The situation that made him do that, would be an indication as to where he went.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Good question.....

Now satan "entered" into Judas and he went and ratted on Jesus. For that to happen Judas must have been committing sin BEFORE the time of the last supper. There may be a track record there of Judas not following Jesus out of the right motives.

I think it says somewhere that he was the keeper of the money and used to help himself to it as well.

In this case was he in reality a "follower of Jesus" or just an exploiter of the position? (not an unusual situation in many churches today and historically) That he could betray Jesus seems to suggest no.

I would want to consider WHY Judas went to the Pharasies and offered to rat on Jesus first. The situation that made him do that, would be an indication as to where he went.

All the disciples of Jesjuah were sinners. Infact, every person who is discribed in the bible has his sins open for discussion in the Bible. Except Jesjuah. He is innocent. And in him we are all innocent when we understand what he was infact talking about.

The reason Satan could easily possess Judas is obvious. Judas was the one among the twelve who had the responcibility for the group's money. He used to steal from the money, and the money also made him greedy. Mammon is an arch form of Evil so to speak.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
All of the people in the inner circle of Jesjuah were chosen people. Jesjuah had deliberately chosen Judas eventhough he knew he would deceive him. Jesjuah must obviously have seen qualities in Judas none of you can see. What if he was his best friend from when they were children?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have read recently of a different scenario then one portrayed, that it was custom at the time or that Jesus asked this of Judas to make sure the everything went ok, and that by Jewish law he had to except the money. Or something similar to that. It was a History Channel thing on Judas, Any one know what I am talking about?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Not anything else than that it is refreshing to read that atleast someone are open to the idea that Judas is still among the twelve.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Come on, Judas must be in Heaven, if JESUS Can't FORGIVE him, what's the point of the religion then????

Plus the fact that it was to have been pre-ordained already by GOD.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Jesus already knew what faults Judas had. Jesus knew that at some point Judas would give him up to the Romans. Jesus needed Judas to fullfil his mission. So Jesus could not be mad at Judas when he confided in him that it was Judas. Because Jesus needed to Judas to commit him to the Romans.

Judas act of confiding in Jesus that it was him was his redemtion. And thus fullfilled his mission, BUT Judas killed himself because of his "inequity" and thus must suffer until such time that Jesus allows him to move on.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here is the show I was speaking of.

store.aetv.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hi all,
Interesting Topic

If anyone has read the Book Of Barnabas, it says in there that because Judas betrayed Jesus(pbuh), God instead of Jesus(pbuh) dieing on the Corss, God Made Judas Look like Jesus(pbuh), so in actuall fact the person on the cross was not Jesus(pbuh) according to Barnabas.
If you ask for my personal opinion, i think Judas is rotting in hell, just because Jesus(pbuh) chose him, doesnt mean that Judas was a form of instument.
Jesus(pbuh) probly couldnt reveal everything that was going to happen, so Judas did it out of his own selfishness and it was his choice to betray Jesus(pbuh) and so he must pay for it!

Anyway here is the passage from the book of Barnabas:
you can make your own mind up about this.

Chapter 216
Judas entered impetuously before all into the chamber whence Jesus had been taken up. And the disciples were sleeping. Whereupon the wonderful God acted wonderfully, insomuch that Judas was so changed in speech and in face to be like Jesus that we believed him to be Jesus. And he, having awakened us, was seeking where the Master was. Whereupon we marvelled, and answered: 'You, Lord, are our master; have you now forgotten us?'
And he, smiling, said: 'Now are you foolish, that know not me to be Judas Iscariot!' And as he was saying this the soldiery entered, and laid their hands upon Judas, because he was in every way like to Jesus. We having heard Judas' saying, and seeing the multitude of soldiers, fled as beside ourselves. And John, who was wrapped in a linen cloth, awoke and fled, and when a soldier seized him by the linen cloth he left the linen cloth and fled naked. For God heard the prayer of Jesus, and saved the eleven from evil.
Chapter 217
The soldiers took Judas ;and bound him, not without derision. For he truthfully denied that he was Jesus; and the soldiers, mocking him, said: 'Sir, fear not, for we are come to make you king of Israel, and we have bound you because we know that you do refuse the kingdom.' Judas answered: 'Now have you lost your senses! You are come to take Jesus of Nazareth;, with arms and lanterns as [against] a robber; and you have bound me that have guided you, to make me king!'
Then the soldiers lost their patience, and with blows and kicks they began to flout Judas, and they led him with fury into Jerusalem. John ;and Peter ;followed the soldiers afar off; and they affirmed to him who writes that they saw all the examination that was made of Judas by the high priest, and by the council of the Pharisees, who were assembled to put Jesus to death. Whereupon Judas spoke many words of madness, insomuch that every one was filled with laughter, believing that he was really Jesus, and that for fear of death he was feigning madness. Whereupon the scribes bound his eyes with a bandage, and mocking him said: 'Jesus, prophet of the Nazarenes ;(for so they called them who believed in Jesus), 'tell us, who was it that smote you?' And they buffeted him and spat in his face.

Salam

Sebs

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
jesus loved judas
jesus knew what judas was going to do
judas was the most advanced disciple of jesus
jesus had to die and judas was prepared by jesus to carry this out
judas is for the most part misportrayed
jesus could have saved himself from this
he knew that was not the will of his father

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Guerilla,

Interesting post, but wouldn't that version of the story dis-count Jesus' sacrifice which so many people view as his most important act? If he just let someone else take the pain for him that would be unmerciful and unkind and unforgiving. It seems that maybe Barnabas was written by some guy who was really pissed off at Judas and in his mind, wanted him to suffer like Christ did. But anyways, fascinating reading.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join