It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DREAM QUESTION?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Only one re occoring dream.
I am a child walking through a field and i come to a bridge, i sit on the bridge a watch a rag doll float down the stream, i feel pretty sad at that point.
The doll is dressed the same as i am!!

But i was abandond as a child so maybe this is some sub memory thing

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Anyone read about the night hag? I've had that experience several times. The first time I was scared as hell but I couldn't move. I felt like time was running out for or something. Eventually I went back to sleep.

I am fascinated with this phenomenon. I have read that something like 1 in 20 people experience this. Did you actually see a person when this happened? Can you describe what it looked like?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
william one sac- Hmm that's a lot of people. At that link I posted before it mentioned that the night hag occurs a bit to often for a mere sleep disorder. Who really thinks that 1 out of 20 people have sleep paralysis?

I certainly didn't see anybody. It was like I was suddenly awake. i got the feeling it was lucid dreaming because I could see the room i was in just fine but somehow I felt disconnected, like intense remote viewing in my own head
Around that point I try to move around or get up, but nothing happens. Now heres why I think it's not sleep paralysis: when I tried to move my whole body couldn't move, but around the center of chest was the most pressure. This pressure was felt on the skin, not in the lungs (I could breathe, but it the ability was dwindling). From this I immediately thought that someone was pushing on my chest and preventing me from moving. Again, I didn't see a thing, but I certainly felt restricted and the "locality of pressure" seemed very intentful or conscious. Maybe my spirit was being blocked from intergrating with with my mind?

I've had several minor cases of sleep paralysis but the Night Hag is a different. Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes thanks. I wonder what it really could be. On the page you provided the link for, it says that most people observe a shadowy figure, and its always in the doorway, and that it approaches the bed, where it tries to suffocate the victim. Even though in your case you say you didnt see any "body", it sure sounds like your experience is the same (pressing against the chest).

This is from a book written by Jerome Clark on unexplained phenomenon. Keep in mind that Clark is pretty skeptical about the paranormal...

"Let us consider the case of the Old Hag. The victim wakes up unable to move. As he lies there helpless, he hears footsteps and sees a horrifying form. An invisible force presses on his chest, and he thinks he is going to die. At last he shakes off the paralysis, and the eerie attack ends.

Chances are you have never heard of an incident like this - unless it has happened to you. And if it has happened to you, you are not alone. There is reason to believe that one American in six has had this kind of experience; yet it is so little discussed in our culture that it has no name."

Then a little further on:

"Nightmare, which to us simply means "bad dream," once had a far more specific definition; it referred to an incubus or succubus that came in the night to put a crushing weight on a victims chest."

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sorry but I love talking abut dreams......

I remeber a reccuring dream I had when I was 5, till I was about 8 or 9 I suppose. The dream was that I'd be stood at the foot of my stairs, looking up, and I would hear a "bad" noise. I think it was like a shout, or a growl, but when your that age you dream weird stuff......anyway, once otr twice, in my dream, I would walk up the stairs to see what it was. And you know what happened those times? I'd be confronted by a gold tin-man (??) who would pin me to the floor and wave playing cards in my face! Strange as hell, I still have no Idea what it meant, anyone??

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hey chebob
almost sounds like a cross between Alice in wonder land
and The wizard of Oz
Whats the oddest dream you have ever had?

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Funnily enough, he did look like the tin man from Wizard of Oz, but I don't think I'd watched that film till a lot later in life.

Oddest dream? Jeez........I got no idea, there have been more than a few.

I kept having a reccuring nightmare the other week, it was about someone climbing up to my bedroom window and trying to get ing......freaky, all I could see was a little 3 foot shadow behind the blinds.....
Another odd reccuring nightmare I had as a kid was one where everyone (well, whoever was in my dream) had a "double" but it was an evil one, lol. The only way (in my dream) Icould tell the difference was towards the end of the dream when the evil one would turn towards me, and open it's mouth and start going like "Hnngggggggggggg" and walking towards me.....I had this dream often, about twice a week, for about 5 or 6 years.....it was terrifying!

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
well id be worried about the 3 foot figure thats for sure

as for the other one!!!
I wonder what the psychology behind that one is??
Do you have a side to you that you fear...!!

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

as for the other one!!!
I wonder what the psychology behind that one is??
Do you have a side to you that you fear...!!

Hmmm, I do now, but when I was between 4 and 10 (when I had the dreams) I was a pretty happy chappy with no worries.....??

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
oh my gosh... I believe I have had the "night hag experience."

I dreamed I was in a bar, or some kind of club, either after hours or before hours, I don't remember which and its doesn't really matter, but anyway. This old, shadow-hag figure appears out of nowhere, and it is around this point where I am aware that I'm dreaming, but I do not wake up. She, for lack of a better word, "teleports" every 5 feet closer and closer to me. I begin breathing VERY heavily and VERY quickly, which I am aware of, but I cannot wake up for the life of me. Around this time my roommate shakes me yelling my name, concerned over my "panting" that was going on. IT was a very strange and incredibly scary experience, but it has not happened again. This took place last quarter at my university and since then, as I have said, nothing similar, but it still weirds me out every time i think about it. Is this type of experience normal for "night hag" experiences? and is there any place that anybody can direct me to that would contain more information? I'm curious to know more about this.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i have had this also but ive woken up with scratches and bruises :S

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Pain in dreams happens when your dreams are trying to tell you something slightly more important than usual. PAY ATTENTION!!!

but yea dont worry about it, I know it sucks but its not THAT bad, real pain is worse than dream pain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join