It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another failed attempt at astrally projecting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
ok people i bought this book on astral projection its called "astral projection for beginners" by richard webster ,i think its webster anways after reading a few chapters i came to 1 chapter called mind projection and i needed to record myself saying the script into a taperecorder then play it back when im trying to do this but i could not find a tape recorder so after reading that chapter i came to a chapter were it tells you how to astrally project and some methods
so i read that and after i felt confident that i was going to have and obe so i lyied down on my bed and started relaxing and i was relaxing
for about 20 min then i tried to get out of my body using several techniques mentioned in the book and more but what really peeed me of was that i could not get out i was trying for a long time bout half an hour or possibly longer
and i wasnt getting anywere and i couldnt relax my head i still felt a bit of tension so i eventually gave up and actually got tired from actually tryin.This is about my 16 failed attempt all together and its really anoying
me is anybody else have this problem or is it just me !!!!!!!!Help!!!!!
its so frustrating me
!!!WHY!!!
[edit on 1-7-2005 by elliott reid]

[edit on 1-7-2005 by elliott reid]

[edit on 2-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I've personally only AP'd a couple times in my life, but it sounds to me like your trying to hard. Astral Projecting is just physically falling asleep while mentaly staying awake. So lay in bed and try and keep your mind focused on your breathing while your body continues to get more and more relaxed. Don't get all pissed off cause you haven't been able to do it in a few tries, some people try for years and still cant do it. Just keep practicing, believe in it and it will come naturally.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You can't force astral projection, well unless you have a near death experience.
Reading a book will not magically unlock your ability to project.

First you have to learn to relax, and focus, then....

Practice, practice, practice.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Don't feel alone on this either, I'm having the same problems
. Have you ever tried the rope technique? I tried it last week while iIwas meditating and it got me pretty far. By this, I mean that I felt this buzzing all across my body, buzzing in my ears, and just this all-around good feeling. I didn;t project but I fel that I came close. I imagined a rope in front of me first, then above me, and above seemed to feel the best. I just pictured myself climbing the rope, and while it didn't get me 'out', I'm sure with some practice I'll do it soon. Just curious, what methods have you tried so far?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirtualReality
some people try for years and still cant do it..

And years and years and years and years and YEARS & YEARS & YEARS.

If this IS something you really want you will buckle down and KEEP working on it, knowing this quest may take you your entire lifetime to accomplish. It takes alot of time, and maturity of soul. I said soul there notice I did not say years as in age. Nobody gets exactly what they want RIGHT THIS MINUTE or even expects to, except for children, and they need to be taught the virtue of paitence.

Posting about not being able to after a mere 16 tries is not going to help you out at all.
After my attempts, 360 per year over 25 years PLUS, I was very frusterated to. So I do understand your plight. I wish I could help you more......this is no easy task you have set yourself to.
I wish you luck, and patience.....

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hmm...I think your main problem is that you are trying to approach the spirit world by using technical methods. I wouldn't buy a book on astral projection or use methods for astral projection. It is more of a spiritual thing than some kind of skill you can learn. I would suggest reading up on Yogi philosophy and the higher planes. You just have to have the right mindset and beliefs, and the door will be opened for you. Try meditating, and visualize yourself leaving your body on the astral plane...then take a nap in the middle of the day on a comfortable couch and just relax. If you have a higher understanding, then mentally, you are already closer to an existence on a higher plane...and those who do exist there will know this, and help you see what you are looking for.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I can empathise with your frustration. I have been practicing meditation and various steps to achieve AP for a few months now, without success. From the literature I have read I think its best to focus on each step and master it before attempting to project. Apparently for most people it is very important that you are in a trance state prior to projecting, for example by focusing on falling sensation exercises such as going down in a lift. The trance state should not be confused with simply being very relaxed. In a trance state everything appears far away, time seems to slow down, and your body feels very heavy, sometimes uncomfortably so. Only after you can repeatedly get into - and maintain - a trance state, should you then focus on projection. Good luck to you!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Fear (of the unknown or not have assurance or permanent death) is the main culprit.

You have to be willing to faces these fears and trust yourself you'll be safe no matter what...than take the leap.

It's best to do it when you Are not fully rested...try to sleep for about 4 to 5 hours during the night. In the afternoon, take a nap with the intent to have an OBE...

Affirmation would like: "I am now having a Out of Body Experience" or something like that...

Says to yourself at least 3 times!

[edit on 2-7-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
ok thanks i will start trying again but i would really like to be able to do it and i really feel if i can get into the trance state then i can do it so thanx for the encouragement

p.s=one question how long should i spend on relaxing

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Good luck. I have been trying for over 35 years now. It is getting awful tiresome!!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There is no set time you should relax for. That varies on a person by person basis.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You could try using a Hyper Dimesional Resonator to help. I have no idea if it really works I found it while looking for info on the Bajak Flux capacitor.
If you decide to use one please share your results

www.espionage-store.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
For those of you that have such difficulty, have you looked at your diets?
Could be caffeine, nicotine, indigestion is taking up to much of your bodies ability to relax.
Another factor is how much time between using your computer or watching the idiot box and trying to project. You computer monitor and your TV screen emit frequencies that change your metabolism, and mess with interal concentration in general.

Here are some techniques that I hope can help you.
1) most important, attempt projection everywhere. You should learn to visualize your "body of light", which can be an idealized version of your soul, the generic bald and naked astral body might work, but also your own interpretation of this "entity" can help reinforce your awareness of it.
Before you open a door, visualize your astral body extending from the physical and doing it first.
Remember to do this with all your physical activity, when and where possible.
You don't even have to close your eyes to do this.
The more you do this the more comfortable with your astral self you will become.

2) Become physically sensitive and practice your physical senses. Go around your home, touch, smell, listen, and observe your sense of taste (don't lick stuff), as you do this. Become very familiar
with your own personal environment. When you are kicking back and relaxing, repeat this exercise as if your astral body was going around your place touching, smelling, listening to everything. Later while attempting to project, develop an inner environment of your own creation and practice sensing everything you add to it as if it was something you actually possess in the physical.

3) : Ritual. It can be a prayer, it can be an occult ritual, it can be mundane actions, but do it over and over again, every single day with the conscious intent "this is what I do before I project" until it becomes so natural that it takes no effort to remember what you have to do next. Its like breathing, you don't have to think about it, the impulse is natural, you have to practice some impulses to make them natural, like riding a bike and keeping your balance.
Same with projection, the "supernatural" experience of it can snap you back if you do not percieve the action as natural, so practice makes perfect.

4) Find a fragance that you will use to specifically induce the astral experience, don't keep it with you everywhere or your brain will learn to ignore it. Use it when you are specifically trying to develop your astral skills. You will eventually associate this scent with your astral self, and if you come across it in your waking life, you will feel a "lift" just from the scent.

5) keep a diary, record everything in it, no matter how bizarre or disappointing your attempts are, keep the diary, it helps to externalize what you are doing internally.

6) Imagine you are in the company of anyone of your favorite entities. Anywhere you go.
These entities are not "real" in the sense that they have any concern with the physical or spiritual world as we conceive them. They are your own vision spirituality, an inherit part of yourself.
Use the imagery to anchor yourself in the astral, so it doesn't seem so void before your sense can
perceive it clearly. Have a conversation with them, don't be surprised if you don't get an answer, and don't take anything they say too literally if you do get an answer, they are only a projection of your own inner thinking that you would otherwise ignore and forget. Write down the conversation in your diary. I repeat, do not take anything they say as literal, they are absolutely only a reflection of your self, your ego, your ideals, and all of that evolves over time.
Your diary will make you laugh in no time at all.

9) Learn to love what you hate, in the astral. Don't like GW Bush? imagine your giving him a hug and a kiss in the astral. Been burned once or twice? Do it again in the astral, walk through fire, spontaneously combust. Afraid of ghosts, become one in the astral (this is a spooky one, due to cultural conditioning).
Condition yourself to conquer fear. Annihilate the concept of good and evil, the astral plane and all that exists in it is 100% neutral, like sunlight, in the greater scheme of things, our concepts of good and evil are absolutely meaningless. There is order and there is chaos and they co-exist only because of each other, without one or the other there is nothing at all. This understanding is important so that your mind does not project your sense of "evil entity" in front of you, scaring you, and bouncing you back into your physical shell. Its a defense mechanism, or a "test" if you will, only those without fear may pass a certain point. Fear in the physical has its purpose, like "hey if I go to work naked I'll be fired!", in the astral fear useless baggage like your hair or clothes. Learn to leave it behind.

8) Die. Yes you read that right. Learn to deal with the death of your physical body, imagine it in all possible means of carnage and sickness, always ending with your soul leaving your body.
Sounds morbid, but face it, you are not immortal, as soon as you have faced every conceivable death experience your mind can fathom, you will not be scared out of your wits the moment you float
away from that shell you have become so accustomed to. I don't suggest this for anyone who is depressed or even has the slightest hint of "my life is empty and I've nothing to live for".
The fact is one out of four people is mentally ill. Ignore this step if you are one of them.
The funny thing about this step is, you probably will never be able to actually conceive
the time and means of your death out of all your imaginings.

9) Adopt a new language, religion, or cultural practice. Doesn't really matter what it is, but use this specifically to break away from all that you already know.
It is a growth process, and inititaion process. It is mentally stimulating and also helps you overcome any latent fear of change or the unknown.
You don't have to become a religious convert or devote yourself to a "new god" to adopt a new religion, simply learn about it, accept it as a valid means of spiritual human expression, learn and practice the actions they perform and let yourself grow.
Stagnating with what you have been taught, or what you think you know, is also
stagnating your spiritual growth. If you incorporate these things as your part of your tools
to project, it will enhance your experience. Religion is only a step on the road to spiritual awareness, not the final destination.

Avoid any cult types that want you to give up your money or possessions and live with them, avoid anyone anywhere that tries to dictate your sex life, these are vital steps of mind control, be aware of them. Because of this, adopting a new language and using it in your ritual to attain projection is much safer, and just as effective. The language you know use daily carries with it all the memories of its use, even subconsciously. For instance if I say "Breast", your brain starts firing messages, many of which you are not aware of, but they have an effect on you. But if I say "seno", you brain has no idea what it means until you purposely create a reference for the word, with your own intentional relationship with the word.

Does that make sense? Basically its the difference between the profound and the profane, the mundane and the unique. It also makes your mind work harder to keep your ritual consistant, instead of relying on laziness. The other benefit is that you will most likely not experience your personal ritual being mocked and ridiculed in most forms of media. For instance, the lord's prayer is just about played out in every horror film, mobster movies, and just any motion picture with religion, as well as punk and heavy metal songs. If you have experience any of these, your subconscious is well aware of these images in relation to the prayer, making it fairly ineffective for the purpose here.

Ok, well I hope this helps someone.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Legalizer, That was one of the most informative posts I have read in a while. You gave some excellent suggestions whic were logical too. Thank you very much for sharing your insights.
-amarenell

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
A successful astral projection take months of practice and meditation. So don't feel so discouraged.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Legalizer that was AWSOME!
Applause to you for such a well thought out addition to this thread!

I wish you wouls copy and paste it in this other thread......
hey I would do it but then I would be spanked for excessive quoting

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you see that thread is MY oobe diary, and I am gathering all the best info on it that I can.......
Your above post is awsome, and would be very welcome indeed!

[edit on 3-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Some people are lucky and get it in a month. Others have to work for years to get it to work. The only thing I can say is that the more you practice, the sooner it is going to happen. So if it is what you really want, devote some serious time to it, and it will be worth it.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
In my experiences, -which have been few- Mind you. Astral Projection can not be ascertained by will. You will become projected only when your Subconscious allows your mind to free itself from one's physical being. If you try and force yourself into it, it will not work.

As it said, you will need to free your mind. Acheive a state of perfect peace, harmony and quiet, with the Directions playing out.

It will come about without any thought, if at all. You will not be able to Force yourself into Projection. It will come of its own accord.

new topics

top topics

join