It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverboard - Should I post it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
ok, its like the end of college, im off home so ill be on later....

i have plans, fully finished, fully calculated etc. etc. on my computer for a hoverboard. no its not crappy and powered by air, no its not any rubbish that hovertech designed that exploded when they tested it.

it works by focusing the brief, rapid magnetic oscillations of an electromagnet.

i really want to tell someone but im afraid if i do someone will steal the plans, or claim it for themselves or something.....

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Actually you posting on ATS is evidence of your right to the intellectual property. So feel free, I would like to see it.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You could post it in RATS.

I see you have enough points to purchase access. That will hide your post from search engines.

Sanc'.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Shadow, I'd check with some one in authority before posting anything like that.......they have previously stated that any art work used in ATS sponsored contests is property of ATS, and seems like they also mentioned any poetry posted here becomes the property of ATS as well.

Sounds neat......good luck!

[edit on 13-4-2005 by frayed1]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
ok, its like the end of college, im off home so ill be on later....

i have plans, fully finished, fully calculated etc. etc. on my computer for a hoverboard. no its not crappy and powered by air, no its not any rubbish that hovertech designed that exploded when they tested it.

it works by focusing the brief, rapid magnetic oscillations of an electromagnet.

i really want to tell someone but im afraid if i do someone will steal the plans, or claim it for themselves or something.....

Make a working prototype first, and then look into patenting it. Seriously. If it's that good, you can sell it for a lot of money.

I wouldn't post any details anywhere (including drawings) until that prototype was built and tested. THEN you've got a lot of leverage and a lot of people headed your way with money.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Byrd has the right Idea, I would just like to add, I think someone has been watching to much "back to the future".(j/K)

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
definately look into the prototype/patent.

getting a patent would be your best bet, although they are not always granted.

you could always demonstrate a working device without explaining the science/mechnics behind it too.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If you post or publish your information in a public forum prior to patenting it, you pretty much lose all claim to any intellectual property. You needn't have an actual working prototype, but your idea does need to seem workable, reasonable, and feasible to the patent examiner. You can publish your information pretty much anywhere you want once the claims are filed. Provided that the patent is granted, you are fully protected. If the patent isn't granted though... you're pretty much left with your idea out in the public domain.

FYI. IP research and patent issues are a large part of one my jobs.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by mattison0922]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Don't post it. It's not worth the risk.

I'm currently trying to patent a "new invention" myself and was told- "Regardless, of the legalities, keep the idea/invention close to your chest." I advise you to do the same. Besides, if you post it and someone steals th eidea and is from another country... could get VERY messy. You never know if the law will be upheld across seas...

Good luck! Hope it works out for you!!

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Don't forget the "©opyright".

And free boards for all the ATS staff, I have no problem being a tester if required. Who cares about the money, I just want a hover board.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Lol So I meet my competition for geomagnetic propulsion. I'll give you the same advice as everyone else, don't post more than you already did about your device.
Also as proof that you came up with it first (proof that stands up in court) get a big manilla envelope enclose one complete set of plans drawings technical summary etc and mail it to yourself certified mail. Do not open this envelope when it comes back... leave it sealed in a desk drawer somewhere and if you are ever forced to enter court over the device the postmark on the sealed envelope proves the date you came up with the concept.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As much as I'd love to see the details Shadow88, everyone is right - you shouldn't show us.

Copyright and Trademark won't help you much. Trade Secret protection is good (which just means "don't tell anyone!" like the secret recipie for Coca-Cola). Patent it also - but the old mail-it-to-yourself trick doesn't work any more. The Patent Office has a better way now - a Provisional Patent. It lasts for 12 months only, costs about $80, and never gets rejected. It gives you time to decide if you really want to file the full patent or not.

www.uspto.gov...

And yeah, I want to be a tester also!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
Lol So I meet my competition for geomagnetic propulsion. I'll give you the same advice as everyone else, don't post more than you already did about your device.
Also as proof that you came up with it first (proof that stands up in court) get a big manilla envelope enclose one complete set of plans drawings technical summary etc and mail it to yourself certified mail. Do not open this envelope when it comes back... leave it sealed in a desk drawer somewhere and if you are ever forced to enter court over the device the postmark on the sealed envelope proves the date you came up with the concept.

Ahh yes!! The poor mans copyright! I do it with all my songs!

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Beware the myth of the "poor man's patent". It's never held up in court. I recently looked into this for something of my own...here's my advice.

1. Do the poor man's patent, but with a twist. You do a writeup of your idea. You then have a notary sign and date, stamp it, etc. and also sign that they understand what they read. You then seal this in an envelope, and then have the notary seal it over the creases, and notarize again on the back of the envelope. You then mail it to yourself registered mail. Upon receiving it back, keep it sealed, and in a safe place. This proves without a shadow of a doubt when you thought of it, as well as having a witness.

2. File for a Patent Pending. The reason? Though the US has a "first to invent policy", internationally, it's "first to file". When I looked, it looked like $75 US for a small entity, utility patent pending. Visit the USPC website to see what you need for this, but an "inventor's notebook" (preferably signed periodically by witnesses), is a good idea, and usually what they want to see, as well as any receipts for parts, tools, etc. This shows an effort on the product.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Unless you can afford a worldwide patent you better file it in parts then you can combine the patent as the working principal.
Don't post it here or talk about it to anyone without a non-disclosure agreement, not even your best friend.
Once you have made it public you give up your rights to a patent.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.futurehorizons.net...

they've got video of how it operates... kinda neat.

I'd look into getting a patent on yours....

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hmm. Given that other companies are patenting and selling hoverboards already, you'd better do a bit of patent research before doing anything. You want to make sure your device doesn't infringe on their patents.

And, guys, copyright won't protect a design. That's why I was saying to go the patent route and to make sure there was a working prototype first.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Hmm. Given that other companies are patenting and selling hoverboards already, you'd better do a bit of patent research before doing anything. You want to make sure your device doesn't infringe on their patents.

A very good point.
And, in the case of already existing products, you'd better have something pretty detailed (and different) worked up to be granted that patent.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I can't wait for the day we can create a superconductive magnet that can naturally repel itself from the earth's magnetic field. We could have all sorts of things. Floating houses, floating crates, floating cars. It would be incredible.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If your lookin' for testers, I have no problem u2uin' my adress for ya! This thread is starting to motivate me into inventing something too...

Edit: Also, could this technology be used for UFo's? If it could, you should go into hiding while building this or something...

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Kushi_Master]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join