It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverboard - Should I post it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Kushi_Master
Hey!!! I just realized, have you ever heard of the floating Island of Laputa?I think the stories are based on fact, and maybe they used the same technology!!!!

No. Guilliver's travels was fiction. We all know this.

Not really. It was supposedly some lost civilization that went down with atlantis... but maybe not....

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Given that i have put 2 and a half years work into this darn project already, and it is nearing completion, i should hope it works. goes off to worry....

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Shadow88]

Personally shadow, I'd edit the post of your sthat I am quoting and remove the details that I am not quoting here.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
Lol So I meet my competition for geomagnetic propulsion. I'll give you the same advice as everyone else, don't post more than you already did about your device.
Also as proof that you came up with it first (proof that stands up in court) get a big manilla envelope enclose one complete set of plans drawings technical summary etc and mail it to yourself certified mail. Do not open this envelope when it comes back... leave it sealed in a desk drawer somewhere and if you are ever forced to enter court over the device the postmark on the sealed envelope proves the date you came up with the concept.

I told you that! Nyah!

See how quickly ideas get stolen when you talk about them? *laugh*

Seriously, though. Doing this is a great idea. It'll stand up in court as well as a copyright or patent, since it does have a date from a federal institution (the postal service). Once you have the envelope in your possession, feel free to talk about it all you want, and feel free to sue the pants off of anyone that steals your idea.

Just, a word of advice before any legal matters take place - if it appears that someone has stolen your idea, look into it to make sure that it is, in fact, YOUR idea. Many technologies have several different means of accomplishing. Just look at the diversity among computer printers: laser, inkjet, dot matrix, glorified typewriters, bubblejet, etc. They all print things, just using different means.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
www.futurehorizons.net...

they've got video of how it operates... kinda neat.

I'd look into getting a patent on yours....

I find it rather amusing that in the ads at the bottom of the page, they offer plans for the same personal hovercraft that a friend of mine and I built when we were 12. We also modified it, so it travelled faster and higher off the ground (we hovered at about 4-5 inches, and got a top speed around 25 mph). That thing was LOUD though.

As an aside, I've been thinking of trying to build another hovercraft from scratch, using the same old air-cushion tech that's been around for ages. I just want it to hover higher and move faster. Highway speeds should be nice - especially over water or rough terrain.

*looks around for that old Chevy 451 Hemi* Now where did I put that thing?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
AWWWWW!!!! C'mon people!! Has this thread ran out of things to say? This is the cooloest thread ever!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
*waits for something to actually happen*

XL5

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ahhh ok, if it works off of some little known force then it could work. I think that the PTB seed movies/shows with tech thats already here/do-able, though in that way, its already done by some one else.

If you can get get it to lift 100lb (edit: to a hight of 1-2 feet) with 30watts in a second then you could also make free energy as well by lifting a weight and dropping it.

If I knew how to make it, I'd give it away to watch the govt and the oil comp.s sqirm and try to answer why they didn't do it first or why they didn't let it out. You could get rich just by writting a book and public speakings, because anyone sitting on this tech is just as bad as med comps holding onto the cure for the common cold or canser.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by XL5]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
"free energy" patents are seldom approved.

I remember seeing a program about some old guy that made a device that generates free energy, and nobody would believe him etc, and he tried to get patents in the states but could not get any.

i cant remember the device. it was all covered up. all i remember is a series of car batteries and a rotating shaft...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
this whole concept reminds me of this story.

www.zamandayolculuk.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

I remember seeing a program about some old guy that made a device that generates free energy, and nobody would believe him etc, and he tried to get patents in the states but could not get any.

i cant remember the device. it was all covered up. all i remember is a series of car batteries and a rotating shaft...

Free energy is quite possible. Tesla designed it 100 years ago. I'm working on replicating it.

I refuse to pay for more than I have to.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i think when im finished im going to produce a novelty set of hoverboards from back to the future. i will need to get copywrites first though...

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Any idea what the MSRP would be?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
(Manufacturer's suggested retail price)

I might add i've already been told off once for talking about recruitment and management related things before so please dont ask anymore about retail etc because they remove it from the sci/tech page, but i can say this:

Well as you already know i'm not going to go into specifics as many people so thoughtfully suggested, but in relation to the board design (not cars or other vehicles that it could be applied to, the hoverboard i estimate so far:

Prototype: £350 - £450 (to account for all the tests, equipment, damages, exploding experiments etc)

Mass production building cost: £90 (as they can get the parts in bulk cheaply)

Retail price (past break even point) : £100 - £200 (i'm not sure what companies would sell them for so dont quote me on this!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As a side interest is there anyone else out there working on theirown hoverboard projects (not air powered *coff* sucks *coff* futurehorizons*

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Hey!!! I just realized, have you ever heard of the floating Island of Laputa?I think the stories are based on fact, and maybe they used the same technology!!!!

No. Guilliver's travels was fiction. We all know this.

Not really. It was supposedly some lost civilization that went down with atlantis... but maybe not....

No. It wasn't. I majored in English lit a long time ago and we have letters from Swift and his other writings. Atlantis never entered the picture.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
How did we get to gullivers travels and atlantis from hoverboards???

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
How did we get to gullivers travels and atlantis from hoverboards???

They might have used the same technology..........

Edit: MODs, that looked a lot bigger than it does in the little post box thingy............................Not a one-liner

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Kushi_Master]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
since it would be best if you dident post any specifics, and we have gotten onto random side subjects, why dont we discuss what future aplications the teck would have? that would be fun...

ZERO G ROOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well i suppose, as with many things the possibilities are endless.

you could PERHAPS, like you say apply it t a room......but it would have to just a floor of the devices as all the walls having them would most likely crush you in the centre

but yes think of it as those wind tunnel/fake skydiving things, only your levitating in a massive room in a super kickass way

yea cars.....spaceships.....floating toasters.......boats like the one on fifth element..........you name it!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Try never approved (aside from Tesla and Joseph Newman). It's all about the wording, I would use something along the lines of 'Energy efficient design' as opposed to 'Free Energy'. It's a clear red sign in the patent office.

[edit on 4/28/2005 by Simulacra]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join