It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverboard - Should I post it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Thanks guys....as much as i enjoy this website, (and being noticed i might add) i have printed off the patent forms (there is step-by-step instructions on their website about everything you need to do, which is helpful) and once i have enough money (paycheck at the end of the month....yawn) i will build and perfect the prototype and with a little luck and elbow grease we'll have ourselves a hoverboard! joy!!! thanks for all your help!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Sounds like a great invention, but yes, be careful with the patents.

You don't want to end up like the poor Japanese inventor who had his patents stolen for the world-changing:
Hayfever Hat

the Chopsticks Fan

the Dry-mobile

and the ever-useful Baby-Duster

Few people know that these common household items were invented by famed Japanese inventor Me-Mako Lota-Krap, not by Lockheed-Martin as they claim.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The hoverboard on futurehorizon or wherever elsethey have similar ones should not be called a hoverboard as it is not.

a hoverboard was in back to the future and has no parts touching the ground, the upthrust powered by some form of electromagnetics.

the futurehorizons "hoverboard" is really just an airboard in sheeps clothing

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Seriously, how many beta testers do you want, if you want any? I understand you'd need contact info, but I'd be happy to u2u you if you needed...

Edit: I could test it for all terrain............ please?

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Kushi_Master]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
yeah if you ever need a test to see if the board is ummmmmmm canadian proof... let me know !

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
the futurehorizons "hoverboard" is really just an airboard in sheeps clothing

Its no more than a personal hovercraft.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Good luck with the project Shadow; at the very least, you'll have fun and learn a few things along the way.

Everyone here has the best intentions, and some of the advice is good ... but some is kind of old-school. Having a notebook (one where you can't insert or remove pages) is very useful. Sign and date the pages, and periodically have someone you trust read it, then write and sign a statement he understands it, etc.

Sounds like you got the pages for the provisional patent from the website I listed; good. That gives you exactly 1 year to convert to a utility patent. Utility patents are hard; expect to spend about $5K and 2 years if you use a patent attorney. Want to do it yourself? You can, but it takes work. Get "Patent it Yourself" by David Pressman. You'll still have to pay someone for the proper drawings you'll need, and it's a few hundred dollars to do the application. You pay it in stages.

I've written filed my own design patent (moderately difficult), and a few of these provisional patents (very easy), and worked with attorneys on a couple utility patents (difficult). U2U me if you want more details or suggestions. And have fun.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
O and Kushi_Master yes if i need a beta tester i will no who to call.......

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Just thought I'd mention: if your magnetic hovercraft actually works, whatever you're using as a powersource will actually be worth much more than the commerical potential of the hovercraft itself.
Assuming of course, you're attempting to make a 'pure' magnetic hoverboard rather than the air cushion+containment fieldwww.hovertech.com... or the captured ions model www.eskimo.com....

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
No not at all i calculated all the input to outputs Kg to newtons required and mass etc. etc. the input (and i'm at no point stating this as fact as its on paper calculations) is actually only a little higher than for example a petrol scooter. Airboards require excessive amounts of input for small output, plus they're very unstable and loud which is why they never took off.

As for the power supply i am hoping to use hydrogen (the first hydrogen powered car comes out 2006) i am hoping to adapt a smaller version. they are far more efficient and take up less space which is good because, lets face it, we really want it to look like the one from BTTF2

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You know, if this pans out and it realy works ( you have my full confidence! ) then you could use the tec for tons of other things besides just a hoverboard. you could use this on almost anything, one idea that comes to mind is many nodes placed around the body (specal suit) + padded room wi electro magnets in floor = 0g training! lots of things

and about that testing... or other aplication ideas.......

[edit on 20-4-2005 by Fiction of Truth]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Think bigger my friend, think Hovercars! Seriously though if you methodology works for hovercraft you could have a bright future! This could be the next best thing to gravity manipulation!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
wow yes i think the thought of hovercars has crossed my mind but i hadnt thought about 0G rooms. lol i think tho ill get it working first! i wonder if we could adapt it for spacecraft. how fast could it get???? goes away to ponder...

And also, if i do say may self, if hovertech ever gets off its backside with the ferrofluid vortex thing, this will knock them outa the park. theres having a large under dome, bulky thing. this requires next to no space. i am hoping that if powerful enough one of these, well i guess you would call it engine, about 2 foot wide and 6 foot long could propel a satellite (not a space craft, that would have to be slightly larger) into space. so

[edit on 21-4-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The implications for this technollogy are amazing, cars boards, bikes, even coffee tables! On one hand I want this technollogy right now, on the other I have to tell you if this really does work either keep it safe hold on tight or the companies/government will get a hold of it or sell it find a huge rich company and sell them plans and all. In any case make dozens of back up plans, keep them everywhere, not just at your house at your freinds/relatives too.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
yes although as said above i will have to address the issue of escaping radiation. posibbly everything will have to be coated in plastic or....graphite??? something diamagnetic.

of course thats even IF it gives of unhealthy electromagnicity at all... which i doubt it will as it isnt really that powerful. so no penises dropping off or anything it was just a concern mentioned to me in a U2U thats all i thought id address it.

Also if your interested i have another, more down to earth project, ERA, its in sci/tech aswell, feel free to check it out! My company website should be up and running within the month i'll post it to you guys then!
and yes also i hope to get some kind of contract from a "big rich company" JOY!

[edit on 21-4-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I gots to get me one of those hayfever hats!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey!!! I just realized, have you ever heard of the floating Island of Laputa?I think the stories are based on fact, and maybe they used the same technology!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi_Master
Hey!!! I just realized, have you ever heard of the floating Island of Laputa?I think the stories are based on fact, and maybe they used the same technology!!!!

No. Guilliver's travels was fiction. We all know this.

XL5

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hmmm pulsing magnetic fields, are you hoping they will repell earths field and hover? If this is just about field strenght, then you'll need to do the calculations for work, time and peak power to see how much "energy" will be needed.

Huge magnetic pulses are safe for people, but not for unshielded electronics/magnetic tapes.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
no, i shouldnt really say anything about the specifics, but it is safe to say it has nothing to do with geomagnetics or repelling the earths field.

it is about amplifying the tiny natural pulses of an electromagnet, a feature not commonly known about, unless you look very hard on the internet or whatnot, and confining and amplifying them into a powerful, uni-directional beam. i believe i have discovered how to do this. it takes little energy if you know how to do it, and do it well. there are many factors that you have to input to get this output but it is very energy efficient.

Given that i have put 2 and a half years work into this darn project already, and it is nearing completion, i should hope it works. goes off to worry....

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Shadow88]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join