It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God said kill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
that your paper parallels nicely with Satanic philosophy itself? I remember discussing with a Satanic friend and reading something very similar at the university library which seems to say pretty much the same thing (drat, can't recall the name of that book). If it's a coincidence, then that's pretty weird I say, but I doubt it's likely. Seems the names were changed to protect the innocent in your version though...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What people don't understend is that god and religion, are poison, something to keep the masses happy. Religion must be baned, and belivers and fanatics removed from society.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Dnero your paper reads like it is a summation of Irenaeus' unintellectual tirade against Valentinus' unintellectual philosophy. Where the former was discoursing on the illogical of the latter by presenting his own illogical dissertation on why there is a trinity.

Both men come across as mental midgets with delusional psychoses, so if you are presenting your paper as a belief in one side over the other, you might want to reconsider and take a neutral position.

Looking forward to reading it all.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
explain to me how it's satanic.. ? .... it makes more sense than any other "philosophy" .... it's in no way glorifying Satan/Yaltabaoth... it explains how things ended up the way they did. it's not telling you to go around killing anyone.. its not telling you to worship statues or telling you to pray .. it isn't telling you you should eat an symbolic body (the eucurist, bread thingy)
What the world classifies as Gnostic/Pagan, is the opposite... just because they say theres more than one "God" or more than one "powerful" person ... The bible already claims that.. (Jealous God?) and honestly.. God's jealous? .. give me a break ....

as for religeon being the opiate for the masses... I'll disagree..
the way society looks at things of this nature is definately a problem...
when used properly and understood it can do wonders...
You could turn anything into something evil... the nicest things can be made evil... so to say that religeon is useless and should be destroyed is quite ignorant... not to mention almost impossible unless they manipulate your brain... because our brains are made to "know" God.. or have belief...
it is free will......
before you denounce something try learning all you can about it and stop looking at what society does to things.. because society can ruin anything and make you turn away from it without even grasping its truths... we've made many scientific breakthroughs because of scripture...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
explain to me how it's satanic.. ?

God and Mrs. God married. God being power hungry, jealous, not wanting to share. The split, God actually being the bad guy...any of this sounding familiar? *sigh*

.... it makes more sense than any other "philosophy" .... it's in no way glorifying Satan/Yaltabaoth... it explains how things ended up the way they did.

According to...who again? It's not in my Book nor resembles anything like it.

it's not telling you to go around killing anyone.. its not telling you to worship statues or telling you to pray .. it isn't telling you you should eat an symbolic body (the eucurist, bread thingy)

Killing people and worshiping statues has no place in Christianity according to scripture itself.

Prayer is talking to God. That's it. Why is that a problem again?

Breaking bread in rememberence. Apparently this is a big problem for a lot of people. I don't understand why. It's saying, "I remember when...[name a relative who passed away] taught me how to...". That's how I see it. If anyone says I'm not seeing it right, feel free to enlighten me.

What the world classifies as Gnostic/Pagan, is the opposite... just because they say theres more than one "God" or more than one "powerful" person ...

Here's the problem, it does not say this in the Book as you're claiming it does.

The bible already claims that.. (Jealous God?) and honestly.. God's jealous? .. give me a break ....

God is jealous of people walking away from their creator, yes. Would you not care if your child packed his/her bags at age 5 and left?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
WHOA WHOA WHOA .... SLOW down .. stop misreading..

"God and Mrs. God married. God being power hungry, jealous, not wanting to share. The split, God actually being the bad guy...any of this sounding familiar? *sigh*"

Never said that...

I said that God created his counter image ... female God...

They BOTH together created the first begotten son .. Jesus..

THEN by HERSELF...... female God created another son without the permission of GOD.. the Mother-Father..

She was ashamed of this OTHER son because he was made in ignorance.. and she cast him aside...

But the Other son (the one created in ignorance) thought that it was just HIMSELF and His mother...

What I was saying is that SATAN is the SON that was created in Ignorance..

The MOTHER-FATHER (GOD)... Heard his counter-image repenting and he sent the holy spirit to her in the form of the first HUMAN ... and The Ignorant son thought it was a message from his mother, but it wasn't, it was a message from GOD... and the ignorant son seen the image of the human and said Let us make man, according to the image of the first being...
THey called him adam... but he was just a body .. no life...
durning this time.. GOD put his counter-image in her own AEON so she could correct her problem.. and she was to stay there until she did so..
now she understood the problem and realized she had to figure out a way to get the power back that she gave the ignorant son... so she got the authorities that the ignorant one created to trick him into breathing his power into the body which was lifeless..
upon breathing the life into him, the ignorant son seen how great his creation was, and all the authorities and the ignorant son were jealous because what they created surpassed them, so they put adam to sleep because they wanted to steal the power that was in him, and they created a counter-image from him using the power within him, and there was our first female.. (eve) ... now after adam awoke and seen eve beside him he immediately recognized the mother in eve... and now the authorities were really mad... so they cast the 2 of them to earth, in the authorities paradise and showed them the tree of their power... it was actually Jesus who gave the fruit from the tree to adam and eve in the form of an eagle..
after this .. we recognized our defiency(sp?) and we felt shame.. and once again we found favor with GOD.. because we understood our wrong doing.. at this point the ignorant son was just furious claimed he was the only God... and made his authorities aware there was actually someone else.. So the authorities conspired with the ignorant son and they created a false image of the 2 beings they created and sent them to earth to fornicate with the women of earth, so that way they could perhaps share or steal our salvation.....

"Cursed be everyone who will exchange these things for a gift or for food or for drink or for clothing or for any other such thing."

If you're good at picking apart symbology and associating things.. then read it all for yourself..

www.gnosis.org...\naghamm\apocjn.html

[edit on 25/2/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pavel
What people don't understend is that god and religion, are poison, something to keep the masses happy. Religion must be baned, and belivers and fanatics removed from society.

Yeah so let's become a facist society where we moniter what people believe in.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You cannot know what God could say.

Only you can only wonder.

Killing is destroying, God creates. Not kill.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
dnero, that's what I thought it paralleled and looked like to me. I'm not saying I understand your version, just based on what I've heard and read, that's what it looked like. That's all, no intentions on offending.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
dnero, that's what I thought it paralleled and looked like to me. I'm not saying I understand your version, just based on what I've heard and read, that's what it looked like. That's all, no intentions on offending.

I would recommend looking it up, its pretty intriguing...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I would recommend looking it up, its pretty intriguing...

*nods* Would you consider a trade? I'll read what you've got as long as it's under 50 pages and you read the book of Matthew which is about 20 pages. Do we have an accord?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
*LAUGHS*.....

I've read the bible ....... like .. .atleast 30-40 times over... You've seriously got to be joking right? ... I've consumed more books than a library ..
I've DONE my research when I've said I've DONE my research ..
Have you read the Tibetan Book of the Dead, Quran, Apocrypha, any of the infancy Gospels? .. anything out of the Nag Hammadi... any Buddhist Texts/Literature?...Anything by any new-age "saints"/"satanist"... Timothy Leary, Aleister Crowley, have you studied anything on the third reich?
I find it insulting that you think I haven't even read the book of matthew.. damn, I mean we had no choice but to read it in school so if anything I've read it and studied it in school..

All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

*LAUGHS*.....

I've read the bible ....... like .. .atleast 30-40 times over...

Excellent. A remarkable achievement
. It's a tough read cover to cover and done so but use it more as a daily reference.

You've seriously got to be joking right? ... I've consumed more books than a library ..

Congrats. I'm a bit of a slow reader myself, but I'm pretty good at retaining conceptually what I've read.

I've DONE my research when I've said I've DONE my research ..
Have you read the Tibetan Book of the Dead, Quran, Apocrypha, any of the infancy Gospels?

Nope (sounds kinda dreadful, no?), yep, a good portion, and some.

.. anything out of the Nag Hammadi... any Buddhist Texts/Literature?

Just quotes from the Hammadi I believe. Buddist, yea, a few books. Bhagavad Gita in there, Big Elk Speaks, Sacred and Profane, some others. Research on Zoorastrianism, Satanism, Celtic Religion, Greek Mythology, Roman Mythology, some contemporary philosophies and others. It's far more interesting in my mind to talk to people of these faiths.

...Anything by any new-age "saints"/"satanist"... Timothy Leary, Aleister Crowley, have you studied anything on the third reich?

Just excerpts. More than I'm interested in on the third reich.

I find it insulting that you think I haven't even read the book of matthew.. damn, I mean we had no choice but to read it in school so if anything I've read it and studied it in school..

Kudos, no insult intended, I've just met you.

All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

I like that quote
. Now that you've affirmed a great deal of background on the Book, what's not to like?

[edit on 28-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
nothing... All I am saying is please read the Apocryphon of John and read my interpretation... out of any "story" found.. that tries to explain, perhaps the reasons for existance and it's direction I found it to be the most plausable... that was all I was saying and I was disappointed when I'd seen that some people were misreading it.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is a debate I wrote about a book that dicussed the same problems. Enjoy:
Two figures enter a quiet room from opposite ends. There is a man and a woman. The man is weather beaten, dark hair cascading down his back. He wears a dark trench coat and is wearing a pistol and rifle. His face is dark and commanding, with a hint of madness in his eyes. This is Jon Shannow, the Jerusalem Man. The woman is dressed in clean, white robes, with iron-gray hair, cropped short. She has a dignified countenance, with deep blue eyes that show the peace in her soul. She is Ruth. These are the people who will participate in today’s debate. Each hail from the far lands tainted with the Blood Stones.
Announcer: Welcome, welcome. The debate will start shortly. Today’s topic is whether God is a merciful God, or if he is an avenging God. In other words, if God approves of Jon’s one-man-war against the Hellborn, or if god approves of Ruth’s fight against evil using love. Jon, you will start.
Jon Shannow: Common sense tells you that you must kill your enemies. If you let them live, they will kill you. Imagine this: a robber comes into your house. You must kill him, or else he will kill your family. Does God object to this? The only way to get rid of an enemy is to kill him.
Ruth: There is another way. If you befriend your enemy, he/she is your enemy no more. Besides, when you kill one enemy, you make another one.
J: So, you will befriend the thief who walks into your home with guns drawn?
R: Yes, if it would save a life.
J: But if the thief did not become your friend, and he killed your family, you would’ve saved his life but not your family’s!
R: If you truly befriended the thief, you would not have to worry about such things.
J: I cannot do that with the Hellborn. They already have taken away the only family I had! I will kill the Hellborn to defend the ones I love.
R: How can you use “love” and “kill” in the same sentence? Do you really think it shows love to kill others? I would think that the only way to show love is to be friendly toward your enemies, to show that you will do anything in order to get your family back. Killing your enemy shows how weak you are, because you cannot contain your own emotions. Suppose that you die while trying to save your family. Would that make your family happy? And I would think that if you loved your family that much, you would protect them better.
Jon stands up, his hands reaching for his guns. His face is contorted in total rage.
J: You know I could do nothing to stop them! If I was there, every one of them would be dead! I would’ve ripped their throats out with my bare hands if I had to!
The Announcer stands up, alarmed at the venom in Jon’s voice.
A: Come now, Jon! You don’t need to get so angry! I am sure Ruth meant no harm.
R: See how your killing attitude made you unable to forgive? If you really knew how to love, you would have just sat there, instead of trying to kill me.
J: If you knew how to love, you would not have provoked me.
A: Let us move on. What does the Bible say about this issue?
R: The Bible tells us: “Thou shall not kill” and “Love your enemies”. How does the Bible in any way condone these “practices” of yours, Jon?
J: Did not God command Joshua to kill the unholy ones? The Bible says: “And so it was that all who fell that day, both of men and women, were twelve thousand, even all the men of Ai. For Joshua drew not his hand back…” Did Joshua do wrong in the sight of the Lord?
R: So you will call the Hellborn monsters and slay them, because you believe you have been commanded to by God? Joshua may not have done wrong, but how about you? Where is your command?
J: The Hellborn worship Satan. That is enough of a command to me.
R: God’s will is to love, not to kill. God sent his only son to us to preach that very message. You are directly contradicting his teachings.
J: How can you love your enemies? They will not return your love, and in loving them, you leave yourself open to attack, for they will strike you and your family and you will forgive them, because you love them.
R: That is the point! You must love, and even if that love is not returned, you have planted the seeds. When your family is hurt, you will mourn, but you will also forgive, which leaves your enemy in your debt. How can your enemy ever attack again, when he sees that he owes you something?
J: A ruthless enemy will not care, and will strike again and again, for evil does not care about love. You cannot turn bullets away with love.
R: But you can change hearts and minds. That is enough for me. Even if I should die at the hands of my worst enemy, I will forgive my enemy.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You have voted The_Dark_Man for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have two more votes this month.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The debate I wrote was based on a book I read. If you wish to use the debate, you can, but please quote me. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

You have voted The_Dark_Man for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have two more votes this month.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by saint4God]

Why is it so many of you only focus on the sermon on the mount and ignore the rest of what Christ said? The bible is a set of human "specifications" for mankind to live by, the "entire" book, not just a single sermon.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yeah, God had peeps do it sometimes in the Old Testament because they invaded Israel, but did He not also send men into war without fighting? There's one battle I can think if in particular. To me I thought that was incredible! What a testimony to an all-powerful God to fight a war and win without death.

Juxtaposition. How do you feel when you kill somebody? Who put those feelings there? If you say you feel 'good' and God put those feelings there, might I recommend a different kind of doctor?

[edit on 8-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Yeah God had peeps do it sometimes in the Old Testament because they invaded Israel, but did he not also send men into war without fighting? There's one battle I can think if in particular. To me I thought that was incredible! What a testimony to an all-powerful God to fight a war and win without death.

Juxtaposition. How do you feel when you kill somebody? Who put those feelings there? If you say you feel 'good' and God put those feelings there, might I recommend a different kind of doctor?

If it is taking the life of someone attacking my family, yes, I would feel good about it. If it were someone trying to murder another human, yep, still felling good about it. So what' you point............God is going to take brillions of lives very soon. Yo the end of times.........

Yes, Christ taught in one semon to turn the other check and love thy neighbor and you should follow that teaching. He did not say to trun the other check even unto one's own death or the death of another. All the old testement still applies.......ALL of IT.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join