It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God said kill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
If God spoke directly to YOU and said kill would you do it? Is the God of Jacob and Moses a blood thirsty god? Or did Christ change all the OLD testament and LAWS.

No i wouldnt kill, because that is not the GOD of moses...the God of Moses refused the the sacrifice of his son..the God of Moses does not need blood sacrifices.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
First off, how could you tell it was really God that was asking you to kill??

I'd be unlikely to believe "it" was God speaking....rather I'd think it was the devil or a demon that would want me to do his 'evil bidding'....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
No i wouldnt kill, because that is not the GOD of moses...the God of Moses refused the the sacrifice of his son..the God of Moses does not need blood sacrifices.

God often ordered the killing of thousands in the OT. I have an entire thread devoted to it that the good Doctor has refused to come back too

www.abovetopsecret.com...

God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married.

www.evilbible.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
i would ask why? who the hell are YOU really lol what you doing here and prove your god then i would get my head examined lol or go crazy and kill myself sorry i would only kill for self defence or other good reasons like someone kiling someone in my family (yes I realize revenage is stupid) but still i would want punishment unless there was a DAMN GOOD reason truth is none of us know until we are put into this situation

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Matthew 5:17-18 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law of the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, unitl heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, nor the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

The New Testament is about salvation, not Laws.

What part of this statement by Christ do you "Christians" not understand? The God of Moses, Abraham, and Jacob sent his own "Son" to die in this planet. And die a pretty horrible death at that.

If you "Christians" do believe, then what about the 2/3's of the planet that will die as told in Revelations "before" Christs return. The gospel is about redemption, but also "punishment".

When "sunday" school stopped teaching "Fire and brimstone" the message got pretty screwed up.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracidIf you "Christians" do believe, then what about the 2/3's of the planet that will die as told in Revelations "before" Christs return. The gospel is about redemption, but also "punishment".

Won't happen.

When "sunday" school stopped teaching "Fire and brimstone" the message got pretty screwed up.

Because people stopped being afraid.

Why don't you learn to have astral projections and see what's really there...

[edit on 23-2-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Why don't you learn to have astral projections and see what's really there...

[edit on 23-2-2005 by TheBandit795]

Been there, done that, grew up, stopped 'smokin" realized astral projections are complete BS.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's obvious that you don't know anything about it. And are not willing to even have an open mind about it. Just take a look at the paranormal forum. Or am I smoking too much? Am I a junkie???

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It's obvious that you don't know anything about it. And are not willing to even have an open mind about it. Just take a look at the paranormal forum. Or am I smoking too much? Am I a junkie???

Slow down a little there Bandit. No accusations here from me. I did'nt mean it wasn't "real" just not for me, personally. I have been very deep into the "paranormal" at one time. Did not find what "I" was looking for.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Matthew 5:17-18 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law of the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, unitl heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, nor the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
The New Testament is about salvation, not Laws.
What part of this statement by Christ do you "Christians" not understand? The God of Moses, Abraham, and Jacob sent his own "Son" to die in this planet. And die a pretty horrible death at that.
If you "Christians" do believe, then what about the 2/3's of the planet that will die as told in Revelations "before" Christs return. The gospel is about redemption, but also "punishment".

I'm not sure where you are going with the above statement, but again, try reading the WHOLE chapter, not just the section you want to read.
Matthew 5
In this chapter God is talking about loving thy enemies, and, if you read all the way down to 21, the section on Murder, you will see that God says we will be held accountable for that.

And, he sent his only son to earth, Christ chose to die for our sins, God didn't tell his son to die for us, Christ decided that on his own, so thats not God killing.

It seems to me that you are taking small sections of the bible, and interpreting them how you want to, without reading the whole section. I suggest you know what you are talking about, before you post on it.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilingsarah82
I'm not sure where you are going with the above statement, but again, try reading the WHOLE chapter, not just the section you want to read.
Matthew 5
In this chapter God is talking about loving thy enemies, and, if you read all the way down to 21, the section on Murder, you will see that God says we will be held accountable for that.

And, he sent his only son to earth, Christ chose to die for our sins, God didn't tell his son to die for us, Christ decided that on his own, so thats not God killing.

It seems to me that you are taking small sections of the bible, and interpreting them how you want to, without reading the whole section. I suggest you know what you are talking about, before you post on it.

No, God did tell Christ to die for us. Christ "ask" god to 'take this cup" from him. It was God's will, the father that was done by Christ.

And yes, Murder is wrong, Kill and Murder are not the same thing.......

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

God often ordered the killing of thousands in the OT. I have an entire thread devoted to it that the good Doctor has refused to come back too

www.abovetopsecret.com...

God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married.

www.evilbible.com...

God simply eliminated the threat to his chosen ppl, just like you would eliminate a threat to your family ... if some guy came to your house and threatned your wife, i dont think you would let him...

God "eliminated" the Egyptiand because they held his people in slavery...in Soddom they attempted to attack the angel messenger of God ... so they got what they deserved ... "self-defense" or defense of yor family is not evil...its simply defense... and thats it ...................

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

God simply eliminated the threat to his chosen ppl, just like you would eliminate a threat to your family ... if some guy came to your house and threatned your wife, i dont think you would let him...

God "eliminated" the Egyptiand because they held his people in slavery...in Soddom they attempted to attack the angel messenger of God ... so they got what they deserved ... "self-defense" or defense of yor family is not evil...its simply defense... and thats it ...................

So if a guy breaks into my house and I kill him then go to his house and kill his wife, children, dogs, cats, chickens, etc; that falls under self deffense?

Try it in court some time.

Exactly how was the firstborn babies a threat? Oh he did tell them to save the young girls some of the time, seems like raping your enimies young girls is self deffense also.

Since some Muslims are a threat using your logic we should wipe out the entire religion, right? Men, women and children, after all they are a threat to his "chosen people"

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

So if a guy breaks into my house and I kill him then go to his house and kill his wife, children, dogs, cats, chickens, etc; that falls under self deffense?

Try it in court some time.

Exactly how was the firstborn babies a threat? Oh he did tell them to save the young girls some of the time, seems like raping your enimies young girls is self deffense also.

Since some Muslims are a threat using your logic we should wipe out the entire religion, right? Men, women and children, after all they are a threat to his "chosen people"

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Amuk]

no no no.... you simply deal with the threat at the time of it ... no need to go after anyone else...unless they come after you first...

as to muslims... well... not all of them are suicide bombers or terrorists... some are pretty peacefull...liek in every religion and race...there is good and bad...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

no no no.... you simply deal with the threat at the time of it ... no need to go after anyone else...unless they come after you first...

as to muslims... well... not all of them are suicide bombers or terrorists... some are pretty peacefull...liek in every religion and race...there is good and bad...

Did you go to the link to my thread?

God is advocating GENOCIDE not self protection.

Go to my thread and read there, I don't have time to re-post it all here. God demands the death of EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
God did in fact provoke more than an eye for an eye. He routinely asked more than an eye for an eye. What does this say about the old testiment God? Is he a hypocrite or what? I dont know what to make of him any more.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Here's the difference. You can kill someone accidently. Otherwise it looks like the same word to me.

Something about Abraham. Abe and God were pretty close. They had a relationship where they understood each other. Probably moreso than any of us. The shadows of doubt we have these days about God were not there, so I think the opening question is a bit unfair to try to compare.

We always try to pin killing on God, as if it's His fault for all deaths or 'making us this way'. Truth is, if you look at the number that God actually killed vs. how many deaths we've decided to inflict on our own, I'm use you'd be surprised at the percentage. Stand accused humanity, we've made the decision to do 99%+ of the killing! God says don't do it, yet we do. Whether it be the 6th commandment (Exodus 20:13), all the woes of killing in the Old Testament, Jesus saying love your enemies (Matthew 5:43), the greatest commandment (Matthew 22:34), or the apostles talking about love to the church (1 Corinthians 13), the act of killing is WRONG! Make all the human reasonings and justifications all you want, the fact is we have the tendency to make the Word fit our life, not our life to fit the Word as it is written and should be.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
God did in fact provoke more than an eye for an eye. He routinely asked more than an eye for an eye. What does this say about the old testiment God? Is he a hypocrite or what? I dont know what to make of him any more.

Perhaps the message all the "Christians" spew if only half the message. God is not a "hypocrite". They need to look beyond the "sermon on the mount" and look at the entire message.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

God is not a "hypocrite". They need to look beyond the "sermon on the mount" and look at the entire message.

"The 'entire message', well the bible is full of guidlines and suggestions.. but 'thou shalt not kill' is a law. I believe you are picking and choosing because you actually like the idea of vengence and are trying to validate it by saying it's sanctioned by god.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I suppose this begs the question: What makes God a God, and from where does He derive his power.

The answer, as best I can figure, is that God is God because he can beat us up. If I could beat God up, I'd be in charge (i supposed I'd also go to hell when I died, but until then I'd be in charge).
Of course, you can defy any authority derived from force. There is no right or wrong in that consideration. It's no different from if a man with a gun told me to kill somebody else. I could be a man and tell him to bug off and accept the consequences of my moral stand.

Of course that's not the full scope of what God is really supposed to be. As far as theology is concerned (i dont know if this is actually true or not of course) God created us, has several times over protected us from ourselves, and apparently has some sort of emotional attatchement to us or concern for us. Presumably, the one true God would not have us slaughter somebody for no reason.

Therefore, if God told me to kill somebody I'd ask him why. I'd smite the ever-loving crap out of pedophiles, murderers, and other predators, no problem. I'd have Elijah taking notes on my technique!
The average joe would be perfectly safe from God if I was God's chosen weapon though. I'd tell God that if he didn't love us anymore that there wasn't enough fire in hell to make me loyal to him.
You have to do something REALLY bad for me to think you deserve to die. Like the people at Mc Donalds who couldn't give me the right sauce for my chicken if the fate of the universe hung in the balance- I think I could kill them, but that's the bare minimum criteria for getting smitten by me.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join