It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine: minister accuses Russia of 'armed invasion' in Crimea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Ukraine's interior minister has accused Russian forces of staging an "armed invasion" in the Crimea region, claiming they have blocked a military air base and entered an airport on the Black Sea peninsula.

Arsen Avakov said there was no bloodshed or clashes when the armed men, who he described as Russian naval forces, took over a military airport near the port of Sevastopol, where the Russian Black Sea fleet has a base.

Ukraine: minister accuses Russia of 'armed invasion' in Crimea

I usually check in to ATS when it comes to breaking news but didnt see this posted
When i read the article i had one of those moments when it feels like another crisis in the world just took a turn for the worst. Not really justified probably but i could hear the dogs of war in the distance again as on many occasions over the past decades ,hopefully all will turn out well in the Ukraine and the anger thats is /has been brewing there subsides

Just thought i would put this here in case your local media doesnt report on issues other than whos screwing who or a family of ducks was seen walking across main street.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Perhaps a more balanced approach to your OP would benefit ATS.

From the same article you quoted,

However, amid the confusion one man who said he was helping the group at Simferopol airport described them as people from the "People's Militia of Crimea". The man, called Vladimir, said: "I'm with the People's Militia of Crimea. We're simple people, volunteers... We're here at the airport to maintain order. We'll meet the planes with a nice smile - the airport is working as normal."

Seems to be a confused situation with the Pro West, current, non elected Government trying to upset Russia.

P

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

You know how breaking news forum works ,Quote the headline and a short snippet of the story and then an opinion ,which i am not qualified to give as i havent spent time looking into the situation , just cut and pasting news that gave me a flashback and for people who follow the situation maybe interested in and might not see it on their local news.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
no way Russia will give up the krim with there naval base sebstopol.....could be one bridge to far for nato
krim will end up as an sovereighn nation
a pitty fore those who would think different...
western world will have the oekraine but wthout the "pearl"
ore face an war with Russia...
edit on 28-2-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I would be very surprised if these were a "militia"... They have full uniforms, automatic weapons, armoured vehicles and helicopters...

If it is a Militia, it's the best equipped one in the world!

It will be interesting to see how the Ukraine or even NATO responds to this..
edit on 28/2/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Although it has to be said that in all the video and images I've seen, not one of the men appears to have any ammunition in their weapons, so perhaps it could be a Militia formed of ex-military personnel who happen to have access to some vehicles?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by stumason

Although it has to be said that in all the video and images I've seen, not one of the men appears to have any ammunition in their weapons, so perhaps it could be a Militia formed of ex-military personnel who happen to have access to some vehicles?

If these are the same that stormed the government building, took control without firing a shot, the returned the police that were guarding the building their arms and id's...then these guys were armed to the teeth so reports say, without identification on their uniform.

Take a whole complex without firing a shot using military tactics....Voyska SPETSialnogo NAZnacheniya.

And then a 12 men take control of an airport...by mistake....and leave apologising....i think not...a dry run for taking the airport and its runway quickly.
edit on AM5Fri20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Reminds me of the mission No Russian in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I hope there isn't an American spy among them to blame the slaughter on.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Looking at the BBC news feed it seems some Russians politicans have arived at the airport and that the Ex Ukrainian PM departed from it too. Also theres reports of actually Russian troop movements and overflights of Fighter jets and helicopters.

So the guys that seized the airport were likley Russian special forces.

If it was a militia I wouldnt have expected them to act as disciplined nor would you expect Russians officials to be flying in and out of the airport.

BBC news feed
edit on 28-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

wantsome
Reminds me of the mission No Russian in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I hope there isn't an American spy among them to blame the slaughter on.

If the American government has any sorts of sense left in it, it will stay clear of the whole area. Russia won’t be playing about when it comes to the Crimea. And if Ukraine value there independence and want to keep their new government then they need to accept that Russia will want the Crimea back. Unfair yes, but life aint fair!
edit on 28-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I too doubt they're militia. Russia is probably just securing their assets. Prudent move on their part if you ask me, considering all that's transpired over the past few days. If however this turns into a forward base in which to launch further expansion then Civil war seems much more likely considering how the Western part of the Ukraine feels about Russians.

This is something to watch. Great catch OP.

edit on 28-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
From the Telegraph.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

11.52 Russian troops have now blocked Ukrainian air traffic control, according to the BBC.

12.02 We reported this earlier (10.38) but now there seems to be confirmation: the Ukrainian border guard service hs said 10 Russian military helicopters flew from Russia into Ukrainian airspace over the Crimea.

12.20 It seems Ukraine authorities have regained control of both Crimea airports.
"There was an attempt to seize the airports, but we have localised those attempts. The airports are now controlled by Ukrainian law enforcement authorities," said Ukraine's National Security and Defence Council chief Andriy Parubiy.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by 12voltz

I too doubt they're militia. Russia is probably just securing their assets. Prudent move on their part if you ask me, considering all that's transpired over the past few days. If however this turns into a forward base in which to launch further expansion then Civil war seem much more likely considering how the Western part of the Ukraine feel about Russians.

This is something to watch. Great catch OP.

I have a feeling Putin knows that takeing all of Ukraine will be pushing it. Im guessing the Russians will be content with the Crimea and leave it at that for now. Thats were Russias important stuff is anyway. If Ukraine try and fight for it though? Thats were it might end up spilling into the rest of the Ukraine and the world.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I think the Ukrainians know damn well how important that location is to the Russians. The Russians on the other hand aren't stupid nor as blood thirsty as many might portray them. Putin does have a very real agenda there though, make no mistake. There'll be a bit of a pushing match over just how far Russia will be allowed to expand around it's leased base along the Crimea.

edit on 28-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

"There was an attempt to seize the airports

after the accusitions of russia invading turned out to be false totally in georgia, i wonder what the chances are that this is a false flag so that there was an excuse to secure eastern ukerainian assets with western ukranian assets...and make it look justified....some what like when the west claimed there was wmds in iraq....

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well at the moment the Russian parliament is pushing through legislation that will allow territory’s in Ukraine to join the Russian federation. So they are likely gearing up to absorb the Crimea back into Russia and leave the rest of Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

so that would be a reason to make that claim muddy as possible...
bescause the west knows the east would go

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It looks as if the international banksters have decided to play some chess, with the Russian, Crimean, and Ukrainian people.

"Central Banker Appointed as Prime Minister of Ukraine"
source: www.infowars.com...

“Manufacturing Consent”: Bernard-Henri Lévy, the “New Philosopher” Selling Military Adventures of the Global Elite.
source: www.strategic-culture.org...

“The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency: their sole object is gain.” --Napoleon Bonaparte

edit on 28-2-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by 12voltz

Perhaps a more balanced approach to your OP would benefit ATS.

From the same article you quoted,

However, amid the confusion one man who said he was helping the group at Simferopol airport described them as people from the "People's Militia of Crimea". The man, called Vladimir, said: "I'm with the People's Militia of Crimea. We're simple people, volunteers... We're here at the airport to maintain order. We'll meet the planes with a nice smile - the airport is working as normal."

Seems to be a confused situation with the Pro West, current, non elected Government trying to upset Russia.

P

I think some people just aren't buying the “Poop is just recycled food.“, arguments.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yanukovich press conference starts soon.

rt.com...

edit on k070102bamFri, 28 Feb 2014 07:01:01 -0600 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join