It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE accident in Cananda on HWY 400 96+ vehicles involved

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's amazing how much carnage one imbecile behind the wheel can cause in those kind of conditions.

Hopefully nobody was seriously injured. ~$heopleNation
edit on 1-3-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

saneguy
When visibility is severely reduced you have to pull over - it only takes a split second for all hell to break loose when vehicles are close together going at high speed.

The very last thing you do in a white out is pull over, you are going to get rear ended and die.
The only option you have is to slow way down and hold your lane and make peace with your maker.
I know it sounds weird but if you stop your going to buy it fast, you have to keep going at drastically reduced speed and " white knuckle it" all the way through the white out.

This is factual information and if you need links I will not hesitate to provide them.

Regards, Iwinder

ETA, we had two 30 car pileups between us and London Ontario, two dead and at least 40 injured.......Highway 402 if your wondering.

edit on 1-3-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

You're correct. I have driven in Blizzards up in Tahoe, on Donner Pass. I would watch in horror as idiots without 4wd, or even snow tires or chains, would spin out of control into the guard rail, or slide right off the highway. These are morons with their families inside the car with them.

If you watch the OP's video, the front two vehicles, which usually are the cause of the pile up, were not even 4wd SUVs. How in the world some ignoramus thinks that they can just drive on normal tires in conditions such as that is beyond my comprehension. I see it all the time, and I just shake my head.

It only takes one brain dead reject to cost you your life when you're out on the highway, so keep a look out. ~$heopleNation

<< 1  2  3   >>

join