It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents in Arizona town push to remove 'militaristic' border checkpoint

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Some of the logic for these 'inland' checkpoints is that illegals will cross the border and find their way miles inland, then be picked up near a major artery.

Having lived in southern California all my life, they can be inconvenient but are an almost necessary evil here.

Besides, people should be getting mad at the government for not protecting the borders: a viable use for the military forces.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Here is the true issue at hand to the many of you asking "why can't we just secure the borders" and why our representatives do not want to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

In 1986 Reagan gave amnesty to 12 million illegals mostly from Mexico. Over the last 20 plus years this group has basically remained dual citizens with Mexico being the one they mostly side with. During this time we have seen another 20 Million more come into our country illegally. Which many end up being family, friends, relatives etc to the Mexican/Americans here. This means that there are 15 to 20 million Americans that do not want our borders secured while wanting another round of amnesty.

It is a numbers game and why I suggest an invasion is in progress. It only takes around 55 million votes to pick a president, and a hell of a lot less to pick state reps, governors etc. Think of the voting power of 15 to 20 million American voters that still align with Mexico, think of another 20 million more voters that also align with Mexico. Everyone in our government is afraid of the voting power of this group, but if we don't stop it soon we will basically become Mexico North.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for the thread. I wondered when the people would start to get the creeps about armed uniforms, german shepherd dogs sniffing around your car. I visited Arizona a few years ago and it reminded me of what I read about Nazi checkpoints.

If employers would use e-verify and not give illegals a job, such extreme measures would not be needed. Another case of americans tolerating policies that work against the average Joe so that the business world can play innocent.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Some of the logic for these 'inland' checkpoints is that illegals will cross the border and find their way miles inland, then be picked up near a major artery.

As I said before, there are a lot of illegal aliens in major cities throughout the US, and not close to any international border. Should we be okay with border checkpoints popping up everywhere?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'd sure hate to be stopped at one of these checkpoints, I don't even like it when someone stops me to ask the time.

Are these in place because of the heavily armed cartels not so far away though? In that case I won't mind being stopped, better than being stopped by Chico and his little friend

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Xtrozero
The problem is there is an invasion going on. Towns along the border are becoming Mexican. This migration is slowly moving North one town at a time, so I'm not sure what we can do but to move check points North of that migration. Many of these towns are 90% plus Mexican now, so I'm not sure who is complaining the most about these checkpoints.

edit on 27-2-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

How is it an invasion when Obama is basically inviting them in?

If it's an invasion then Obama is their General.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

They want to give amnesty to all the illegals here and Obama has not enforced any immigration laws, so what the heck is this checkpoint for? Yeah they believe we're all stupid.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I lived in Sierra Vista for 2 years. (Military assignment for hubby). Just north of it is a checkpoint just like the one pictured.

It was practically useless, all the illegals knew about it and used other roads. It just messed up the drive toward Tucson royally for the workers at the base.

My sister refused to visit because her hubby is a naturalized citizen from Venezuela but didn't want to mess with the hassle at the checkpoint.

These are just for show and intimidation.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I would like to see us one day blend Mexico with the US. I wouldn't mind moving there. Problem is - it would need to have the American safety factor. Too wild and unpredictable right now. As far as the checkpoint goes - they need to do this at the boarder unless a criminal is on the lose. They should not infringe on American's due to an ineffective boarder - if someone really wants to get in, and breach the boarder they aren't going to go through this checkpoint.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

jude11

Xtrozero
The problem is there is an invasion going on. Towns along the border are becoming Mexican. This migration is slowly moving North one town at a time, so I'm not sure what we can do but to move check points North of that migration. Many of these towns are 90% plus Mexican now, so I'm not sure who is complaining the most about these checkpoints.

How is it an invasion when Obama is basically inviting them in?

If it's an invasion then Obama is their General.

Peace

Seeing how many illegals Obama has deported he is hardly inviting them in. It was failures like Reagan and Bush that told them America is the place for you judging by their sad deportation rate.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

SLAYER69

This is what we in the US have come to

No it's not. This is what the southern cities in border states have come to.

The U.S. Border Patrol is a federal agency. Federal agencies are headquartered near the eastern seaboard. Federal agencies take directives from their superiors in Washington. Washington takes their directives from the people who lobby them the heaviest with the voters wants and needs coming in at a distant second. Washington does what the money tells them to do and, in this case, the money tells them to militarize the Border Patrol which puts more money in the pockets of the people who make and supply the weapons. If that town is starting to look like a militarized war zone, that's not by accident. War is business and business is good Slayer. I know you know that.

Let me break it down more for the hard of hearing. You have towns 1,2 and 300 miles to the north and east of where this is happening. People there go about their lives. They work, raise their families, pay attention to the local issues and abide by the law. They live productive, good lives and they have their ways of ensuring that it stays that way.They can do this for 1 full year and not really know what is going on 300 miles to the south. This is as true now as it was 5 years ago. And 10 years ago. This is why I laugh when people thousands of miles away say things like "Coming to a town near you". No it's not. If it hasn't migrated 300 miles in 10 years it never will, and this is a big part of the problem.

People who live in areas that have no issues whatsoever that come remotely close to what border cities have to deal with, have a hand in what Washington does with the border cities. They start crying about a certain state of affairs and yell "DO SOMETHING" at Washington. And here's what they do. They consult with those who bankroll them and see if the issues that the voters are crying about fit in with the agenda of their handlers. If it does, as in this case, they'll do what their handlers say in a way that will temporarily shut people up. People, for the most part, look and say "Good they're doing something. Our voice was heard, we made a difference now let's pat ourselves on the back over a latte' and get out of this winter vortex".

Get the picture?

This is why people who live in that town don't understand why things are happening the way they are. They're under the impression, like the majority of folks, that Washington can do things that actually work for the people. I'm all for people having their opinions about issues. Tell me what your opinion is about PIR....or the Cardinals..... or this religious/Business/Gay crap that's being talked about. Let's do it over a cup of coffee IRL and make a day of it. But if you don't know first-hand what you're talking about........keep it local and zip it. You're doing more harm than good.

I understand your frustration Slayer, just don't misplace it.

edit on 27-2-2014 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They are slowing you down for a reason...

Welcome to America, Smile while we Sniff you.

The checkpoint by my house made 13 arrests for Meth in one day.

Just Meth? That is some mighty fine police work.

Now I hate Meth. But, this is just an example of what they can do.

*Note...please don't say that cops do not have sniffers, use Google.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

But see, that's the problem. This IS reality, but they're not adhering to it which is the problem. And the way the government picks and chooses which laws it decides to enforce, they get away with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
According to Pew Research we are deporting more than ever. Why do businesses and landlords get a free pass by providing jobs and homes?

Link

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Auricom

But see, that's the problem. This IS reality, but they're not adhering to it which is the problem. And the way the government picks and chooses which laws it decides to enforce, they get away with it.

As I said the formula is simple.

1. Secure the borders, pay for it with the work visa program.

2. Start a work visa program, give illegals 6 months to get out of the country, or they will go into a data base and deported when caught and can never get a work visa.

3. (the big one) fine employers 5000 per illegal. Employers will only hire workers with visas if we did this, oh and that would allow people from all over the world to work here and not just Mexico.

This would fix our problem, but as I said in another post our Government will not touch this because of the 15 million Mexican/American votes up for grabs.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Xtrozero

Those towns are not becoming Mexican it was Mexican long before it was American. And as most illegals works a few years and return home it is not like they stay and take over. That is like calling what happens in Florida every year and invasion from Canada. They come down for half the year then leave.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Bangorak
Maybe you have forgotten EVERY AMERICAN IS ILLEGAL.
You stole the land from the indigenous people, remember?

So true, the US government is the biggest criminal enterprise on the planet, they stole the land, killed the natives and the rest of them were put on reservations and have been stealing anything they want from then on. They put troops all over the world in the name of "national security " . They think they know what is best for us when really the best thing they could do for us is to just leave us alone and let us decide what is best for us. If our government was parents we would have been taken away from them long ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Those checkpoints are all well known and anyone can detour 4 or 5 miles before hand and skirt them on back roads. No big deal. They need to put on a show. The guys were real friendly when we went through. We almost didn't stop. Just said "Hi how you doing? No illegal aliens here. See you later. Bye!"

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

SLAYER69
Here's a thought.

Secure the borders then!
edit on 27-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Why set yourself to fail. You are trying to push a boulder up a never ending hill.

Illegal immigration is one of the easiest things to fix and stop.

Go after the corporations that are benefiting from the cheap undocumented ,un taxed, and unregulated slave type labor that they directly benefit from.

Here is the fix for illegal immigration.
1. Prosecute the corporations or entities with stiff fines and jail time including board members that hire illegals. Implement a 3 strike you are out rule.

Problem fixed.

1. Once it becomes no longer profit enticing for the big corporations or entities to hire illegals then they will stop hiring them.

2. Once Illegals can no longer get jobs here then the majority will stop coming as their is no incentive. Hence why Americans aren't crossing over to Mexico.

Anyone that suggest a fence will fix it or its a problem with our borders is most likely blowing political smoke up your @rse.

BTW I'm not suggesting that you are doing that but typically Politicians give diversions not solutions.

edit on 09228America/ChicagoThu, 27 Feb 2014 23:09:00 -0600up2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Xtrozero

Towns along the border have always been Mexican, and they always will.

That's because Mexico is on the other side of it. And people are there, you know. Always were. It isn't as if white people just exterminated and replaced the entire indigenous population or anything.

Err. Oh yeah...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join