It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents in Arizona town push to remove 'militaristic' border checkpoint

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Residents in Arizona town push to remove 'militaristic' border checkpoint

Residents of the southern Arizona town of Arivaca are monitoring a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint to see how many arrests and drug seizures are made in a bid to remove longstanding interior checkpoints on the roads leading into the town.

Arivaca residents say they are regularly subjected to delays, searches, harassment and racial profiling at the checkpoints. Six residents monitored the checkpoint Wednesday on Arivaca Road, 25 miles north of the Mexico border.

Bobbie Chitwood, who has lived in Arivaca for 36 years, told The Los Angeles Times she plans to volunteer to monitor the checkpoint at least once a week.

"This just impedes the movement of people," Chitwood said. "It feels very militaristic. The checkpoints feel like the beginning of something that could get worse. I don't like being stopped by people with guns."

Take a good look.
This is what we in the US have come to

Airport checkpoints? Check
School checkpoints? Check
'militaristic' border checkpoint? Check

Papers please

Border Patrol spokesman says the agency won't release data for individual checkpoints. The agency, which describes the checkpoint as temporary despite it being in place for several years, told The Los Angeles Times they have no plans to remove it.

"In the Tucson sector, checkpoints remain a critical piece of infrastructure and a highly effective tool in our enforcement efforts to secure our nation's borders," a U.S. Customs and Border Protection official said in a statement.

Here's a thought.

Secure the borders then!
edit on 27-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The problem is there is an invasion going on. Towns along the border are becoming Mexican. This migration is slowly moving North one town at a time, so I'm not sure what we can do but to move check points North of that migration. Many of these towns are 90% plus Mexican now, so I'm not sure who is complaining the most about these checkpoints.

edit on 27-2-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Things like this make me sick. And the people of Arizona have my support. If the government were truly worried about a threat, there are more preventative measures that can be taken. These checkpoints are nothing more than mental conditioning.

Starred and flagged, good to know someone has had enough.

**Edit**

Xtrozero
The problem is there is an invasion going on. Towns along the border are becoming Mexican. This migration is slowly moving North one town:-) at a time, so I'm not sure what we can do but to move Check points North of that migration. Many of these towns are 90% plus Mexican now, so I'm not sure who is complaining the most about these checkpoints.

How about fixing the border? Would they have spent a little more time and manpower at the borders this wouldn't be an issue. And what about all the other "hand-outs" given to illegals? And how about placing blame on American businesses that employ illegals? We're punishing the people for something the government and businesses have done.
edit on 27-2-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Don't forget TSA and DHS at sporting events as well.

Coming to a mall near you?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Xtrozero
The problem is there is an invasion going on. Towns along the border are becoming Mexican. This migration is slowly moving North one town at a time, so I'm not sure what we can do but to move check points North of that migration. Many of these towns are 90% plus Mexican now, so I'm not sure who is complaining the most about these checkpoints.

Don't you mean 'illegal' Mexicans?

Americans of Mexican descent are Americans.

No?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Maybe you have forgotten EVERY AMERICAN IS ILLEGAL.
You stole the land from the indigenous people, remember?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I would have trouble calling it a border checkpoint. It is 25 miles north of the actual Mexican border.

From your link:

Six residents monitored the checkpoint Wednesday on Arivaca Road, 25 miles north of the Mexico border.

If they need a 'border checkpoint' 25 miles from the border, what is stopping them from 'needing' one in the middle of Nebraska? I have seen plenty of illegals in Omaha.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Bangorak

Relax, Many of us Americans are of Native Descent...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Bangorak

Where do you live?
I am part American Indian.... can I have part of your house and part of your stuff?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

"many" and "native descend" can be called subjective.
edit on 27-2-2014 by Bangorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

butcherguy

Bangorak

Where do you live?
I am part American Indian.... can I have part of your house and part of your stuff?

I live in Belgium.
You know, that little dot on the map, in between Germany and France

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Bangorak

butcherguy

Bangorak

Where do you live?

I live in Belgium.

Ahh, where the Muslims are stealing your land and your culture. I guess you will know how my ancestors felt.

You do have some good beer and wine there.
edit on bu282014-02-27T07:34:59-06:0007America/ChicagoThu, 27 Feb 2014 07:34:59 -06007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

butcherguy

Bangorak

butcherguy

Bangorak

Where do you live?

I live in Belgium.

Ahh, where the Muslims are stealing your land and your culture. I guess you will know how my ancestors felt.

You do have some good beer and wine there.
edit on bu282014-02-27T07:34:59-06:0007America/ChicagoThu, 27 Feb 2014 07:34:59 -06007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Changes are ahead my American friend, changes are ahead...

Yep, there are 3 pubs in walking distance from where I live which have +300 beers and one THE KULMINATOR has EIGHT HUNDRED to choose from

nieuws.vtm.be...
edit on 27-2-2014 by Bangorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Bangorak

"many" and "native descend" can be called subjective.

Since you don't seem to be either American nor Indigenous/Native why not leave how we define ourselves and our real heritage to those of us who are both.
edit on 27-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Don't you mean 'illegal' Mexicans?

Americans of Mexican descent are Americans.

No?

Slayer, last time I looked we have Americans that live in America and Mexicans that live in Mexico. When I say the Mexicans are slowly moving north taking over one town at a time this doesn't mean an American with Spanish/Indian heritage.

Is Mexican a type of race, or is it a nationality? Do we ever say that we are part American (other than suggesting that part is American Indian )?

edit on 27-2-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Although US is doing it's best to control it, it's still a free world.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Bangorak

Can We not say that for every country in the world? This argument is old, unless you are suggesting we remove All borders and the world is open to all. Also, I was born in America, how is that any different to a native American born here too? Doesn't that make me native American too, or are we going to also call native Americans Chinese since that is where they came from before migrating to the Americas.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Auricom

How about fixing the border? Would they have spent a little more time and manpower at the borders this wouldn't be an issue. And what about all the other "hand-outs" given to illegals? And how about placing blame on American businesses that employ illegals? We're punishing the people for something the government and businesses have done.
edit on 27-2-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

I agree, fix the borders, create a robust work visa program, heavy fines to employers etc... Love it all but that is not reality.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

That's the quagmire. Definition in terms. Race, Nationality. However one slices it. There are people whose family history are from Mexico and are legal American citizens.

I'm all for Stricter Border security.

At the Border not in Small town USA that disrupts our daily lives with Militaristic checkpoints.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Someone at ATS posted the map of the USA showing constitution free zones along the border. There are several highway checkpoints in Texas some of which are located about 95 miles north of Brownsville, Texas on highway 77. The B.P. guys I have talked to say they used to bust illegals and intercept drug shipments all the time when the check points were first opened; now not so much because the word is out....

So maybe the map was the amount of land we are willing to let go .. in other words do all the drug shipments and find a place to live along the border but do not try to go further north ? That plan did not work for stopping illegals and certainly not for the duel passport cartel guys.

The actual border check points at the U.S./Mexican border gets seriously backed up at times with one and two (or longer) hour waits to cross.. The inland check points they usually run a dog around your vehicle and ask if you are a U.S. citizen...

The check points inland on the highway have always seemed to me to be easily bypassed if one wanted to do a bit of walking and have a ride to meet you past the check point... Dunno maybe they have motion sensors out in the fields some distance from the check point?

We were out on a night hunt a few times and the DEA/border patrol (?) blackhawk was working an area searching for someone east of Brownsville a couple of miles from the Gulf.

I doubt anyone can get them removed simply because of all the tunnels across the border. Drugs and people get to the U.S. side and before the highway check points they were home free.. Now it takes a bit more effort but I doubt it has slowed them down to much judging by the availability of drugs and people..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join