It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toothpaste,laundry and mouthwash in the woods.(urine)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't care if it is sterile, it tastes like piss. Go ahead and try it, it is a good way of recycling medicines and vitamins.....I'll stick to coffee.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Something a lot of people don't know is a great fabric softener/freshener is turpentine. Pure gum spirits are a great mold killer too. To keep that nasty black mold out of the washer. I don't know if I'd try urine, but I use turpentine all the time in my laundry.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I like the twig part. Can make a floss after chewing it up really good. Some of that whistle grass too for floss - although it would be a bummer if it broke off.

For the poster above this one, I think pine needles would hurt but better than nothing (another good floss - like a pic or something).

I've seen gorilla's up close and their teeth don't look pearly white. They probably don't swish with their own urine so who knows what would happen if they did but their teeth decay. If your eating all wild foods its unlikely your teeth would get too bad. It's the stuff in our diets that make our teeth decay and make our breath smell bad.

By the way - what benefit is there to drinking urine?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

DrumsRfun
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Feet first is my motto,nobody wants to get trench foot in any scenario.
When i get to where i am going in the woods....step one fire,step 2 get out of my boots and air my feet and let any sweat dry off.
Clean and dry feet are WAY more important than people realize.
Peeing on your feet is better than nothing.

Absolutely! If one wants to test this out at home beforehand, you might not want to tell the Ms....

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
seems to me urine stains are yellow and persistant

The herb "yarrow" will clean your teeth, kill infection, and is probably a much better system then the flouride sugar chalk we call tooth paste...
you just rub the furry end of a stalk up a little and use it like a tooth brush
If you ever get an infection just pack the yarrow flower tops or leaves right on the infected area, it will kill the pain and the infection.

this plant is the kings foil of lord of the rings and is very common

also works on wounds gangrene food poisoning any digestive system infection...hemorrhoids...etc

when antibiotics are done
who ya gonna call?
see above

edit on 26-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

ETA

By the way - what benefit is there to drinking urine?

you don't die of thirst while waiting for rescue in a caved in mineshaft

edit on 26-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I can see using your urine for antiseptic or deer attractor (they love the minerals), but I will stick to just using pine needle tea to gargle with. Honestly, the only way urine would get near my mouth is in an extreme emergency ... like after 3 days and unable to find any other viable liquid.

Oh, and as far as laundering my clothes in urine, I can see the ammonia reasoning. I just don't see myself hand washing with urine. Water is awesome in itself and a good swishing and wringing should be more than enough. If you don't have any water? Washing clothes is the least of your concerns. Lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Drinking your own urine is a great mouthwash--- it will hide your breath on a snipe hunt.

urinating in your boots can also alleviate nervousness before combat.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You really do not need toothpaste.
I read "where there is no dentist", and it recommends chewing on a stick until the end gets bristly.
You use the bristly end as a toothbrush with only water.
Nowhere does it recommend gargling piss.

If you are really worried about fungal infections, you could always stock up on gentian violet, which is a cheap long-lasting (and pretty purple!) anti-fungal. I hope the new friends I make on my post-apoc wasteland adventures don't smell of piss!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
In a temperate climate, such as North America/Europe, the best twig to brush your teeth with is the Black Birch (also known as the Sweet Birch). It has components in it that prevents tooth decay and kills bacteria. Native Americans used this to keep clean healthy teeth.

Another use for birch trees (white birch or black birch) are its leaves. They're loaded with saponins... nature's soap. Just sit in a stream or river and scrub your body with a handful of leaves, and you're soapy clean. Or put a bunch of leaves in a bag or container with some water and shake the crap out of it, you'll end up with a soapy water that you can wash with (your body, your hair, your dirty dishes, your clothes).

Squeaky clean.

No need for store bought products for personal hygiene.

You just need a little bit of knowledge about what's growing all around you and how to make use of it.

edit on 7-10-2014 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I drank my own pee once to try it.
It tasted like piss but I have had worse beers I suppose.
Chinook tasted like old people :0.

Oh and sometimes at work I have to stay the night and I forget my toothbrush so in the morning I eat an apple and that makes my mouth feel like it has been cleaned.
edit on 7-10-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Ok since you bumped my thread,I will say there is more than one way to skin..err I mean wash a cat.
(many puns intended)
I learned something new so i will share it.

Take leaves from a birch tree.
Toss them in a ziploc bag and add water.
Put it in the sun for a few hours and you have hand sanitizer.

edit on 7-10-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join