It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich hating welfare claimants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I'm not sure where you got ideas about how hard it is or isn't to get on welfare in Aus from ,.
Did you see some of housos and not get the Aussie humour ?

I could talk more about this as I have worked , been on welfare, known what it is like not to worry about money well off ,but it aint easy and goes around in a circle . if all else fails laugh I suppose .
Will leave it at that as I don't want to get bogged down like a dog chaseing it's tail cheezz I dunno lol cheers 1%

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Yes, my bad.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Soloprotocol

LUXUS

alldaylong
reply to post by LUXUS

I see you didn't mention the rich who get their accountants to find ways for these people to avoid paying their fair share of taxation.
The rich abuse the system just as much as the poor do.

Please don't lecture us on "it's all the fault of the poor"

edit on 25-2-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

What I find funny is people on welfare who dont work complaining about tax...they dont pay any do they?
edit on 25-2-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

Eh, yeah they do...on everything they buy.

And where does the money in their pocket come from...you have to think a little further along the line tax payers money to pay tax is a circle !

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EC666

Nope. It's to 'complicated'. Much easier to vilify people as the source of all our problems. If it isn't black-and-white no one wants to hear it. People need to look around the world to see what happens when 'the people' are exploited too far. It ain't pretty. All the welfare fraud in total is a fraction of the banking fraud perpetrated by the elite. A fraction of the Medicare fraud perpetrated by doctors, 'businessmen', etc. A fraction of the disability insurance fraud perpetrated by the middle class. A mere speck compared to the massive political fraud we get to pay for. Greed and dishonesty are everywhere.
edit on 25-2-2014 by jtma508 because: content

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by LUXUS

I see you didn't mention the rich who get their accountants to find ways for these people to avoid paying their fair share of taxation.

True. Not to mention the companies they own getting tax breaks and the government having to give their employees aid because these wealthy whiners refuse to pay them a livable wage. And then they want to cry about people getting welfare.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If you work harder and longer you should get a reward.

What about people who didn't work for their wealth? A majority of the people that cry about the poor inherited their money. People that actually earned their wealth like Gates and Buffett actually complain because governments aren't doing enough to help the poor.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I think we've come to live in a society today where wealth is seen as evidence of guilt of some kind... Work ethic is a silly notion from a bygone era (and best left there, to many people's thinking) and actually working hard is for chumps and suckers.

That seems to be the mantra and line of thinking to living today. It's scary, self destructive to the nation as well as our communities, but it's also encouraged by the leadership of the nation...so what can we do? More will drop out, tune out and hook up to benefits which are being expanded and made more available as we speak, than ever before.

Reward what you want.....punish what you don't. So what message does it send when "You didn't build that!" and working really is seen as silly ...while not working? Well now... money for life if you can snow the right case workers and/or individuals in the Social Sec system. That's the only work many seem interested in today. America has fallen...SO far.

* Class warfare has become a science AND art form..and there are people everywhere pushing the class hate up AND down for their own agendas and amusements.

edit on 25-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

LUXUS

Unfortunately your idea would not work in many cases, they would turn up the first day to their new job late, deliberately walk around with a discussing attitude which would cause the boss to sack them then they return to playing the victim card. I know these people very well, my sister is a doctor and they come into her all the time asking for a letter to excuse them from work on medical grounds.

Yup, that ten percent of them that don't want to work or are disruptive at jobs because they don't want to work can be a nightmare.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

buster2010

What about people who didn't work for their wealth? A majority of the people that cry about the poor inherited their money. People that actually earned their wealth like Gates and Buffett actually complain because governments aren't doing enough to help the poor.

Good point. Same mindset, different economic classes. Just as there are some welfare recipients who have done nothing for their money, there are some rich who have acquired their money through inhertance, and in effect have done nothing except being born in that situation.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

buster2010

A lot of those in the upper middle class work at jobs that get government funding and about ten percent of these people produce nothing. These people are the same kind of people as the ten percent that collect welfare. I know a lot of people in good paying jobs who accomplish almost nothing with respect to the pay they are receiving. You could actually train a good teenager with little education to do their job. These people are the first to complain when they have to work harder and usually are the ones blaming others for the lack of productivity. Sometimes they just try to promote fear of all the workers loosing jobs with the workers. Then they go on doing a job that produces no profits, looking like they are keeping busy when the boss is around.

This problem is not exclusive of the low class. The smarter ones with this attitude get up high into good jobs too. I am sure you know people like this in your workplace, I haven't been on a job where there wasn't at least one. Sometimes they are relatives of the owner or the bosses or are friends of the boss. I can't say that this relationship thing is any more than ten percent either, just that it does occur.

A lot of people who have credentials higher than the job requires are like this, hiring a person who is overqualified is like hiring a person who feels they are entitled to more and they will more than often just throw a cog in the system.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Soloprotocol

LUXUS

Unf my sister is a doctor and they come into her all the time asking for a letter to excuse them from work on medical grounds.

And who else are they supposed to go too for a sick line...The Ice cream Van..?

In many of the cases there is nothing wrong with them medically, and she refuses to write them that letter which makes their nasty abusive character come to the surface.

Over here not long ago they announced that all those claiming disability were to be made to undergo a detailed medical exam...this lead to many of them dropping their claim in fear of legal action

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The society in this country is getting too polarized on many fronts. A country so divided will inevitably fail.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
While we complain the poor milk the system, (which they do) but so are the rich and they not only milk the system but they want to butcher the cow too!

Put another way my students are fretting about the welfare dependency of the poor, but the failed to recognize that they are dependent on welfare. I, too, am dependent on welfare. Let me introduce myself. I’m Ananya Roy, a professor at the University of California Berkeley, but I live in public housing. My career affords me a home in the rolling California hills with the view of the Golden Gate bridge and still I live in public housing. The public housing I live in is not the American stereotype of dilapidated towers, concentrations of poverty, neighborhoods devastated by violence. But my home is public housing because the tax deduction I enjoy on my mortgage is a more a substantial handout than any money spent by the U.S. government on what has come to be stereotyped and vilified as public housing. And there are millions of other families who enjoy the same benefits. Here is just one statistic to make this point. In 1999 as the American century came to a close the U.S. government spent $24 billion on public housing and rental subsidies for the poor. But in that same year it spend $72 billion in home ownership subsidies for the middle classes and the wealthy. Subsidies that are never considered to be welfare and there is no stigma attached to this dependency. In fact, it is seen as an entitlement. Why is this so? History matters.

source

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

UnBreakable
My solution (the best I could come up with, I know it has holes), is to have 'welfare only (read food stamps) only grocery stores. To save tax payer monies that are supporting this issue, for the money to go farther, these stores would only sell inexpensive, non-name brand items only and no junk food. One of the hidden but obvious costs are medical. It is a known fact that most food purchased via foodstamps are processed, sugary, and fattening. Cutting down on obesity and diabetes would also cut the costs associated with the welfare system. These foodstamp only stores would offer healthier alternatives only.

Well you have to poison these bugs somehow, best way is to make them sterile through the foods they are eating, lets be honest their kids are only going to be waisters too

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by LUXUS

I know that demonizing the rich is sooooo in style now--

However, I find it to be interesting that so many people would rather complain about those who want to KEEP their hard earned money than complain about those who want to TAKE someone else's hard earned money.

How DARE those greed rich people want to preserve as much of their own wealth as possible. The NERVE of them.

How about sending ME a check? What? You don't want to? How greedy of you.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

No I have not seen that show as I live in UK and its not overhear. What I have seen overhear though is the aussie immigration team cracking down people trying to cheat their way into Australia, thats the big difference in the UK they would probably reimburse your transport fee because the nation has become mentally retarded! Basically what I's saying is Australia appear to be securing their borders and more carefully who they let in which I cant say is true of UK and USA.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by LUXUS

I think we've come to live in a society today where wealth is seen as evidence of guilt of some kind... Work ethic is a silly notion from a bygone era (and best left there, to many people's thinking) and actually working hard is for chumps and suckers.

That is blatantly untrue.

Yes there are some whom game the system and should be prosecuted as such. There are far more however that are trying to make ends meet by working two or three jobs. It is not that they want a hand out or that they have no work ethic. They want their labour to be compensated in a realistic manner.

How can someone who works forty to sixty hours a week and yet still need some form of assistance be considered to have no work ethic?

The workers at Walmart were not having a food drive for their colleagues because hard work is for "chumps and suckers".

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

buster2010

alldaylong
reply to post by LUXUS

True. Not to mention the companies they own getting tax breaks and the government having to give their employees aid because these wealthy whiners refuse to pay them a livable wage. And then they want to cry about people getting welfare.

Seriously! how many people do you think make that sort of money that they need to worry about finding offshore banks to hold it, I can tell you the percentage is a drop in the ocean compared to the numbers claiming welfare!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

BritofTexas

The workers at Walmart were not having a food drive for their colleagues because hard work is for "chumps and suckers".

There may be a reason why they are in that job, go in there and ask them for a product or some advice and you will find them as useful as talking to a cat!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

When one family owns 42% of American wealth it does no take many putting their money into offshore accounts to hurt or destroy our economy.

"The Walton family, which owns Wal-Mart, controls a fortune equal to the wealth of the bottom 42 percent of Americans combined."

According to Forbes, as of May 2013 the international retailer had $469 billion in sales and 2.2 million employees, including 1.3 million in the United States. The corporation has been criticized for low wages; and in December 2012, PolitiFact National rated as Mostly True a claim that more Walmart employees are on Medicaid and food stamps than other companies.

Bold added by me for emphasis

source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join