It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Bald Eagle nest live webcam, 2 eggs, 1 has hatched, 1 to hatch in next 48 hours!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Live Feed

I think this is fascinating to be able to watch an American Bald Eagle egg hatch right before our very eyes! This is in Georgia at Berry College, and the eggs were laid on Jan. 24th and 26th. I checked today, and when the Eagle stands you can see one egg and one eaglet!

Just wanted to share for any fellow nature enthusiasts here.

In a world of conflict and horrific news, sometimes seeing something so natural and pure can be uplifting. It is easy to see why this majestic bird is the national bird of the United States of America.

Take a peak and feel free to share your thoughts.

edit on 24-2-2014 by AlchemistSwami because: added photo

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Oh no. I got depressed after the last eagle cam I posted had babies die off while streaming. Checked in one day to a very sad momma. Thanks for posting this up I am sure I will follow it anyway. Hoping for a better outcome of course ( :

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ha! That eagle sits on those eggs in the same way my cat sits on my remote control. I call it the "cat drawer".

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Pretty cool. They are feeding the baby right now. Neat to see it in real time. Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Even though its dark you can watch. Mom was asleep and now preening. Very cool.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

We'll see how it goes, fingers crossed they survive. The Night Vision cam is pretty cool to see as well I just learned.

edit on 24-2-2014 by AlchemistSwami because: added photo

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Awwww, sweet. Mommy bird is sleeping right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Thanks for the link. I just love our national bird, so beautiful.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's hard to balance the coolness, with the potential...

It was last year, or the year prior, where there was a live cam in an eagles' nest...

It didn't end well at all, not from nature but from man and tech thinking that they can monitor their miracle of nature, without harming them...

IMO... 24/7 video of a family of Eagles, is MAN going too far... let them raise their family... .02

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Oh no! How were they harmed??

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It was a parental abandoning of the nest.... due to outside stress.... ( cameras, and folks showing up now and again to make sure their gear was focused on the show)..

IMO... we need to give nature MORE privacy... you want to experience it? turn off the computer and get your ass out there..

Of course I am not directing it at you, but at anyone who's consuming chips on their comfortable chair in a controlled climate scenario.......

I love it out there..... much better than 1080P

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I appreciate what you are saying and I make you right about leaving nature in peace, you may be lucky enough to see these lovely birds with your own eyes, but being from a concrete jungle in the UK I don't have the privilege of seeing such things with my own eyes. Awesome camera shot I hope it all goes well for them

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm watching now.

All I can see is what looks like a torn up fish.

Where's the baby?

Momma sitting on egg. Is the baby underneath her?
edit on 25-2-2014 by crappiekat because: to add question

Awwww. She just stood up. Now I see the baby.
edit on 25-2-2014 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

Daddy just came home. Big Boy!!
edit on 25-2-2014 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is just too cool.

Momma flew off and now Daddy's feeding the baby with little pieces of fish.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This will be added to my "always open" tabs. This makes me happy. They had eagle nests with cams at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens in Virginia but they take them down as soon as the eagles build them since a momma eagle was killed by a plane a few years back and her babies had to be hand reared. It was a huge deal and I suppose they are afraid to chance that another eagle would be killed by a plane. It makes me sad to hear about that, so this is nice to see.

edit on 25-2-2014 by rbkruspe because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, not much going on this morning since I have been watching.

Their pantry has gotten bigger.

There was a lot of action going on at the Owls house, but things have quieted down there too.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

For me Day 2 at home from work. Starting to get really bored.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
SnF

So cool! We will be watching. Hoping the 2nd egg hatches.

Thanks for posting

edit on 26-2-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
From what I have been following on the site. The second egg will not hatch. They will continue to sit on it until it desinigrates.

I have been watching all week and I can see the chick is getting bigger. I missed the feeding the last couple of days, but I saw it tonite when Mom was moving around and getting comfy.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Yes I see that the egg is just sitting there, but the little eaglet that was indeed hatched is eating up a storm this morning!

top topics

join