It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's no evidence that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Sure it has.

There's close encounters and alien abduction cases. Have you investigated every abduction case or close encounter? These encounters describe the same kind of crafts we see in videos and pictures.

Again, there's mountains of evidence that supports the conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred. If as a skeptic, you want to reach a different conclusion that's fine. But it's silly to say there's no evidence. People aren't coming to these conclusions in a vacuum. For some reason, some skeptic feel there can't be any evidence and again that's just silly.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
People are afraid of the unknown. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by alienreality

What historic evidence???

Wow , just wow.. Not going to even justify that with a response..

Let's just stick with the topic and not derail the thread, m'kay?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

not derailing the thread, you said there is no evidence, I compared that to the SAME evidence of christ walking the earth, there is little to no proof of that

link   
Evidence is in the eyes of the beholder............
Id say the fleets of UFOs that flew from east to west across England in the fifties
flying in formation (a different one each day) so high our jets couldn't get up there to meet them.....must hold some weight....many many other incidents point to advanced tech and out of this world visits......whats to debate?

link   

neoholographic
You can say this if you stick your head in the sand and ignore all of the photos, videos, abduction cases, radar cases, ancient writings, U.F.O. sightings described in the Bible, eyewitness accounts from high ranking officials, exoplanets, extremophiles, growing evidence for Panspermia and more.

One would think that in the last 6000 years or so we would have something that is actually alien to prove that they have been here or are still here, but we don't. Everything we have in all that time has either been a socially engineered phenomenon or purely human interpretations that something is alien.

Can you direct me to proof that is totally alien in nature so I can agree with you?
edit on 23-2-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

neoholographic

Sure it has.

There's close encounters and alien abduction cases. Have you investigated every abduction case or close encounter? These encounters describe the same kind of crafts we see in videos and pictures.

Again, there's mountains of evidence that supports the conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred. If as a skeptic, you want to reach a different conclusion that's fine. But it's silly to say there's no evidence. People aren't coming to these conclusions in a vacuum. For some reason, some skeptic feel there can't be any evidence and again that's just silly.

What evidence takes this from the realm of faith to proof. There are more people who believe in God than aliens, but it doesn't make God any more real because of that, both at this point are still faith based, well unless you actually have something alien as proof.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

When did I say no evidence? I have firmly stated that there is overwhelming evidence of ET's and craft coming here from elsewhere.

I'm not sure why you had to lump it in with your religious views, or not religious views though..

Your acting like there is no evidence of UFO's or Christ walking the earth is pretty much exactly what the OP is talking about with people ignoring all the evidence, and then wistfully asking "what evidence? so maybe you were on topic after all... My mistake..

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

There's close encounters and alien abductions...

There are. The unexplained ones (there are many) I find very convincing. They don't convince me of aliens, though I recognize the possibility. They could be secret government vehicles (unlikely), time travelers, extra-dimensional beings (Jacques Vallee's hypothesis), a combination of misidentifications and hoaxes, or indeed UFOs could be alien.

My point is, "aliens" are the traditional, popular answer for UFO believers, but really there is no more evidence for them than any of the other theories I mentioned.

We have evidence of UFOs, but we have no evidence of who or what pilots them.
edit on 23-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: clarity

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

There's plenty of evidence but of course you will just stick your head in the sand and say where's the evidence no matter how much evidence is presented.

Here's a list of just some of the alien abduction cases from 1950-2005. Have you investigated all of them? Have you talked to the witnesses in these cases and weighed their credibility? Of course these things can't be evidence because the skeptics says they can't be.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Here's a bunch of Close Encounters of the 3rd kind cases. But again, these are meaningless. Why? because the skeptic says they are lol.

www.ufoevidence.org...

At the end of the day, I could fill up 3 pages with evidence and you will simply stick your head in the sand and say there's no evidence.

A real skeptic would say there's evidence but it's not enough for me to reach the conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred. A pseudoskeptic has such a strong, blind belief that and they're threatened just at the mere thought that there's evidence.
edit on 23-2-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Have you investigated all of them? Have you talked to the witnesses in these cases and weighed their credibility?

Forgive me for interjecting, but first of all, have you done this yourself? Regardless of the answer what relevance does this have when the research, investigation and interviews have already been done?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Your post proves my point. You said:

They don't convince me of aliens, though I recognize the possibility.

Like I said, that's fine if the skeptic reaches this conclusion but you can't turn around and say there's no evidence to reach an opposite conclusion.

You're looking at some of the same EVIDENCE to reach your conclusion. So again, when the skeptic says there's no evidence that's just silly.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

It has everything to do with it if you're going to reach the silly conclusion that there's no evidence. Like I said, people aren't reaching these conclusions in a vacuum absent any evidence. People are looking at the evidence and just reaching an opposite conclusion. Sadly, the blind skeptic has to put his/her head in the sand and say there's no evidence.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Hmm. I don't see the "proof".

You're looking at some of the same EVIDENCE to reach your conclusion. So again, when the skeptic says there's no evidence that's just silly.

Evidence of what? UFOs or aliens? The question remains, what do the UFOs represent? I haven't seen any evidence directly linking UFOs to aliens, and you haven't given me any.

Like I said, people aren't reaching these conclusions in a vacuum absent any evidence.

An irrelevant point. The number of people who believe something exists is not evidence of its existence. Billions of people believe in God. This doesn't prove God exists.
edit on 23-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: errors

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Again, you can stick your head and the sand and say there's no evidence of extraterrestrial visitation but again that's your conclusion. The sad fact is, you're so wrapped up in what you believe, you can't accept that others look at the mountains of evidence that frankly, you sound like you don't read and they come to a different conclusion.

Here's some UFO abduction cases.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Here's some close encounter cases:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Here's some trace evidence cases:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Like I said, I could fill up 3 pages with evidence and it's obvious you're blinded by your pseudoskepticism.

The fact that you can't accept that people can look at the evidence and reach a conclusion different than yours speaks volumes about the insecurity of you have about your position.

You said billions of people believe in God and that doesn't make it fact. Of course it make it a fact to them. Just because you have reached an opposite conclusion doesn't mean God doesn't exist.

Like I said, you prove my point for me. There's just some people so blinded by their skeptical belief they can't even accept that that others can look at the evidence and reach a different conclusion than they have.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The fact that you can't accept that people can look at the evidence and reach a conclusion different than yours speaks volumes about the insecurity of you have about your position.

It appears you have stopped reading my posts.
No matter, I won't waste any more of your time with my pseudo-skeptical replies.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Like I said, the evidence is overwhelming but it's fine is someone reaches the conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation hasn't occurred. The problem is, the skeptic doesn't even want to accept the fact that there's evidence to reach a conclusion that's different than theirs. So they have to say there's no evidence.

This is just a silly position.

The skeptic looks at the evidence and reaches a conclusion but they can't accept that others can look at the same evidence and reach the opposite conclusion. This just shows a level of insecurity in what they believe.
edit on 23-2-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Could you please pick a singular distinctive aspect sheltering under the "UFO Phenomenon" umbrella?

UFO
Aliens
Abductions
Crop Circles
Channelling
etc ???

Though many like to draw relations and causations between these, and several other distinctions, each category can stand on its own.

Evidence?

For what?
Which distinction?

UFOs?
These, for instance, are often the province of misidentification of known phenomenon, as well as sensationalization of "unknown", secret, or poorly understood phenomenon like military projects, and some natural occurrences like Earth Lights and plasma balls. There are, as well, other "unknowns".
Sure, there's unknowns. Sure there's "ufos", but, what are they?

Aliens?
In what capacity are we discussing these? Life ambiguously elsewhere? Life flying around in zippy christmas tree saucer craft? What are we talking about here?
What reliable evidence is there?

Abductions?
These are primarily the province of Psychology, Charlatans/Frauds, and even spooky Government capture/release PSYOP programs.
All the cases presented, while fun and fascinating stories, quite interesting and mysterious, yes, give higher probability attributions for entirely terrestrial occurrences.

Crop Circles?
LOL

Channelling?
ROFLMAO! Seriously?

Anyway; Distinctions are important here.
This "evidence"?
Which "evidence" and under what distinction?

Sure, there's spooky, fun, fascinating stuff that happens on this planet, that quite often even gets attributed to some aspect under the "UFO Phenomenon", but, all in all, what "evidence" there is, doesn't stand on its own, nor does it give adequate accreditation toward anything extraterrestrial.

All in all, there's about 70 years of modern interest that's branched into several categories.
Pick your BEST case with the most compelling "evidence".
Tell us what you think it represents, and the rest of the ATS community will give their support, and argument.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I was waiting for this nonsense to enter the debate. You said:

Could you please pick a singular distinctive aspect sheltering under the "UFO Phenomenon" umbrella?

This is like saying, could you please stop using common sense and logic when we talk about this subject. This makes zero sense.

Of course we make connections and we don't look at these things in isolation. How do you think humans gather evidence? I was just watching a true crime case and the Detectives were going in the wrong direction until they made a connection between different pieces of evidence.

This is what we do as human beings. But the UFO skeptic says, stop being human and stop weighing the evidence. It's stupid.

The UFO's that we see in pictures and videos are the similar objects described by abduction cases and close encounters. These are the same crafts described in trace evidence cases.

If you don't want to see a connection, that's fine. But I see an obvious connection and I've reached the conclusion that extraterrestrial visitation has occurred based on the available evidence.

The sad thing is, some skeptics can't accept that others use common sense and logic to do what humans do all the time which is weigh the available evidence.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Brotherman
There is evidence of something sure. Is it evidence of Extra-terrestrial space aliens? No. it is not conclusive evidence of space aliens, some people are inclined to think it is something else, either way there is something to it, what that is, is beyond me at this point in time.

Brotherman nailed it, imo: Evidence of possible non-human intelligence? Okay. Evidence that it's extraterrestrial? No.

edit on 23-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join