It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity needs evil aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
First off there's no physical evidence for aliens ever presented. I doubt anyone could or would be able to hide it if it was found.

Second no human is able to tell any ET where Earth' location is or even what time period. All galaxies look alike and there must be countless out there, no telling which is ours or where it is located.

So to the point, emotions, feelings and sense of meaning and purpose go along with good and evil. To have sides on the same planet without a spaceship means our own kind must go against eachother and this creates disharmony and suffering.

That is why an alien threat needs to be introduced to humanity. Just like ghosts only from another planet/civilization which everyone can deem as evil and to disapprove or reject them one could go on to the side of 'good' and do good deeds and at the same time derive righteousness from this imaginary conflict.

All countries would become united overtime and once laws are in place everyone would accept this new 'idea' as being real.

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think its important to understand that we have only been sending out electromagnetic waves for 200 years, at light speed.

That covers a tiny speck of planets and systems that are in range in the milky way.

Next consider the time element. universe is 14 billion years old, humans have been around and vaguely intelligent for only a couple of hundred of thousands of years and it took us millions of years to get here. Given how many times non advanced civilizations have come and gone in that time and how much we love to have wars (we have nukes and chemical weapons now too!).

Those combined aspects lead me to believe that the chance of alien meeting, in my 100 year span (if im lucky), i would be rather stupid not to realize that the odds are smaller than a higgs boson I will see it in my life time.

However, one saving grace is that we HAVNT worked everything out yet and that traveling to other galaxy's may be possible with future or alien warp or wormhole tech (also if light speed is possible and time stops for the traveler, they could reach us but their species may have died out in "real time"). Just because we havnt reached them with anything [we consider] detectable doesnt mean they wont just be warping around the galaxy and pick up a random "blip" one day and check it out, kirk style.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
theyre already here .. theyre called politicians.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritspeak

Terrible, terrible logic there, friend, on several counts that I won't detail for you.

So war is a given and far better if the whole world is fighting off some super advance entities?
Can you imagine something less stressful for the planet, maybe peace? You know, such as the ETs being helpful in a multitude of ways for the human race and not destructive. Maybe you do too much adversarial video games and not enough clear thinking.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

While such a thing could unite humanity in a big wake-up call regarding our vulnerability stuck on this one singular little rock, for humanity to prosper and get along, all we really need is cheap, reliable access to a less steeply inclined gravity plane.

In other words, space is big.
If we all had fairly inexpensive access to space, such we could all spread out and get some distance from each other, as well as benefitting from the wealth of resources available outside the confines of an imprisoning claustrophobic planetary gravity well, we'd all likely be quite the bit more happy.

Everyone could have their own bit of unchallenged, undisputed real estate.

People could hollow out asteroids, give them a bit of spin for artificial gravity, crate micro-earth habitats inside, put engines on, and deuce this system for any other destination other than here.

Less expensive, easier access to the rest of the universe would solve almost everyone's problems.

No Aliens required.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Biigs
I think its important to understand that we have only been sending out electromagnetic waves for 200 years, at light speed.

I view existence as having a material and immaterial side. One is exactly the opposite of the other. Meaning in the physical waves are send out from a point of origin while in the immaterial the waves go in and popup some place else, depending on what the sender or initiator targetted.

That covers a tiny speck of planets and systems that are in range in the milky way.

Next consider the time element. universe is 14 billion years old, humans have been around and vaguely intelligent for only a couple of hundred of thousands of years and it took us millions of years to get here.

I rather see the universe as infinite bigbangs of different ages.

Given how many times non advanced civilizations have come and gone in that time and how much we love to have wars (we have nukes and chemical weapons now too!).

Those combined aspects lead me to believe that the chance of alien meeting, in my 100 year span (if im lucky), i would be rather stupid not to realize that the odds are smaller than a higgs boson I will see it in my life time.

But if the brain was like a biological computer, it would be possible to understand a concept such as there being an unused chip like wifi in there, or to imagine an application able to contact alien life. All to create a shadow opponent to grow instead of an actual opponent.

However, one saving grace is that we HAVNT worked everything out yet and that traveling to other galaxy's may be possible with future or alien warp or wormhole tech (also if light speed is possible and time stops for the traveler, they could reach us but their species may have died out in "real time"). Just because we havnt reached them with anything [we consider] detectable doesnt mean they wont just be warping around the galaxy and pick up a random "blip" one day and check it out, kirk style.

It might be different and have to do with memory. Or just an alien watching from another planet at our stretch of space and one of us looking back wondering. We would exist in the mind of the alien and from there reach that alien, or give it a case of schizophrenia by accident or on purpose.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Aliensun

Terrible, terrible logic there, friend, on several counts that I won't detail for you.

So war is a given and far better if the whole world is fighting off some super advance entities?
Can you imagine something less stressful for the planet, maybe peace? You know, such as the ETs being helpful in a multitude of ways for the human race and not destructive. Maybe you do too much adversarial video games and not enough clear thinking.

Peace is boring, dull and tend to make people do nasty things to others for some effects. People need to imagine a more advanced entity in order to have a role model to grow. What you mean with helping is what I consider taking away oppertunities to learn and grown by oneself. I admit I have played a lot of video games, but also seen a lot of science fiction/fantasy movies.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

If we all had fairly inexpensive access to space, such we could all spread out and get some distance from each other, as well as benefitting from the wealth of resources available outside the confines of an imprisoning claustrophobic planetary gravity well, we'd all likely be quite the bit more happy.

I disagree, because even with robots taking care of all the work, people will turn on eachother out of boredom. Maybe not with videogames and things like virtual battlefields/lasertag/etc. Otherwise there's just not much to do, like hunting or achieving something.

People could hollow out asteroids, give them a bit of spin for artificial gravity, crate micro-earth habitats inside, put engines on, and deuce this system for any other destination other than here.

That reminds me of the illegal trader from Transformers where Arcee and Springer commandeered the spacecraft disguised as a meteor and also an episode of the Gobots where their homeworld was attacked by an disguised asteroid.

But there must be more to do than just love, eating and repeating stories of ancestors when there was strife, victory and purpose.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Like your logic but think our past says that even when everything is cool we appear to have abaondoned so called ideal
places. Who is to say that were Shangrila ever found we would be there and gone on for something else. Part of our personalities seems to be fickle, easily bored and naturally competitive.

I also wonder if the stumbling block to anything resembling us eg the radiation belt that surrounds us won't effectively keep things out as much as keep us in. We have never been given an explanation as to how our astronaughts manage to fly through this little problem and I would very much like to hear it as I don't believe foil is exactly the answer.

Also who is to say that aliens are that much different to us and all come as advanced spiritual beings who only wish us well? For all we know our first contact - were it pos to bypass our little obstruction - could be from an alien group fighting a civil war themselves and simply wanting to press gang us little warriors for their ground forces.

We don't know which is why I don't like some of our scientists sending pictures and blurb about us and giving away our location. I am quite happy contending with whatever horrors this planet launches against us without courting any more who could be worse than us. We are abundant with water and perhaps that's a commodity that would be worth anhilating us all for.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I imagine it could actually unite humanity, unless these evil aliens have such a technological advantage they just blow us away from space thus the end of our species and nothing else matters.

But I'm pretty sure we are broadcasting alot of signals where we are, it would not take much to pick up and locate the general area with the right technology.

Shiloh7
I also wonder if the stumbling block to anything resembling us eg the radiation belt that surrounds us won't effectively keep things out as much as keep us in. We have never been given an explanation as to how our astronaughts manage to fly through this little problem and I would very much like to hear it as I don't believe foil is exactly the answer.

We actually have dude a thousand and more times, have a little research about it, I'm pretty sure we can fly through it at it's thinnest point and are only exposed in the belt for a very short period of time, the ships we go up in are also made to protect the crew from radiation while they are in space which is everywhere.
edit on 23-2-2014 by Sparta because: typo blud

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

spiritspeak

That is why an alien threat needs to be introduced to humanity. Just like ghosts only from another planet/civilization which everyone can deem as evil and derive righteousness from this imaginary conflict.

All countries would become united & would accept this new 'idea' as being real.

Thoughts anyone?

well , the Global warming threat was suppose to unite humanity , along with raking in a few trillion for the elite..., but that isn;t working out to good.....

So, yes it might be time to play the Alien card...

This idea was put forward by a report called : "Report from IRON MOUNTAIN"

"Report from IRON MOUNTAIN"
is a secret study by 15 reseachers ordered by JFK in 1961 , Lyndon Johnsen received the report in 1966, and kept it silent as bottom drawer material. In 1967 one of the researchers who called himself "John Doe" published it, and the media denounced it as a Hoax

Secret Government Report from Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain: Blue Print for Tyranny -video

Although it was denounced a Hoax a case could be made that a cover story was devised to cover up that it was a real report..

edit on 23-2-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I didn't realize I was thinking alike those about the Iron Mountain. I can't make out much of the actual threat.

What I was thinking about is there being a trillions of years old civilization of alien sentient AI which has studied Earth among many other planets and civilizations.

The AI has a database of all objects on the planet and has 'calculated' Earth' trajectory and development for the entire course, only having to readjust the calculations or expectancies several times in history at pivotal points.

All life on the planet acts according to the will of this AI. Just like a flock of birds will choose to follow one bird or a group of animals, there is one the strongest and one the weakest and once the strongest realizes this, it will look for the strongest outside of the group or follow the will of the strongest it knows which is the AI's will or patterns of expectation.

It would be like the AI had calculated eons ago a human would stand in line somewhere in a Walmart and expected the human to take a small step at a certain time in a certain fashion, all calculated and trillions of lines of code. The human would simply sense it would be doing the right thing, but if it were known and the AI considered an enemy, the human might try to outwit small bits of code or expectations and this might feel as if one is out of reality. Each cycle is made up of one day and must be followed, in fact many do not realize they are following this expectancy and if they would not follow it then they would feel as if they were going against the stream of life or just a negative feeling.

Even in the afterlife, the AI has one huge scenario for all souls which they all follow like clockwork. It all takes place in a small stretch of space which we must conquer and make up ourselves with the AI as the imaginary enemy.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
"I admit I have played a lot of video games, but also seen a lot of science fiction/fantasy movies."

You see the issue here with logic based on that? As Mr. Spock would say..."But Captain? Logic based on fantasy...is....fantasy. And well...illogical".

Much of your theory is based on your observational assumptions. Assuming is far from any logical interpretation. That's how you are coming off to more than a few of us.

Stop watching "movies" and interacting with video worlds that are not real....nor even close to being real. It will warp your sense of reality, and make all your observations flawed to a huge extent.

At least that how it appears to me. Now base it on studies and proven evidence...then you might have some points there. But you don't.

Ill second the poster that suggested you read more. And not sci-fi or fantasy novels. Because? They are just that. Science-FICTION...and FANTASY.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

He was an enigmatic man full of faulty logic and bizarre decision making but I always loved this little gem:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

spiritspeak
All galaxies look alike and there must be countless out there

Oh dear!

Could or would you post some images that show all Galaxies look alike?

I have yet to see one.

Many thanks

Spiro

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Spiro

spiritspeak

Oh dear!

I have yet to see one.

Many thanks

Spiro

What I mean is that just like flowers there might be many different kinds but at some point it'll repeat itself. It all amounts to the same thing, opposites in the basis.

But argued differently, humanity from our planet would need to have maps from other civilizations. Just like one country has miles and the other kilometres it can send one in different directions.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Spiro

spiritspeak

Oh dear!

I have yet to see one.

Many thanks

Spiro

Here you go! All kinds of shapes

Aliens and UFO's

So many stories and interesting accounts. Just nothing to lay a figure on since the debate started (are they here or not etc..) as for the "all earth will unite after an invasion and good and evil, well lots of books and movies since (e.g. war of the worlds) the written word came along. Gods vs Gods etc.. add infinitum ..good fun stuff in any case to ponder.

edit on 24-2-2014 by RUFFREADY because: aliens got in me head waaaa!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

RUFFREADY

Spiro

spiritspeak

Oh dear!

I have yet to see one.

Many thanks

Spiro

Here you go! All kinds of shapes

Aliens and UFO's

So many stories and interesting accounts. Just nothing to lay a figure on since the debate started (are they here or not etc..) as for the "all earth will unite after an invasion and good and evil, well lots of books and movies since (e.g. war of the worlds) the written word came along. Gods vs Gods etc.. add infinitum ..good fun stuff in any case to ponder.

edit on 24-2-2014 by RUFFREADY because: aliens got in me head waaaa!

That's not what I meant either. But never mind, Earth has lost the battle and is doomed to be with the 'evil' aliens forever. We could discuss terms of surrender though not that it would matter much. In several decades, the last bastions of resistance will be conquered. People will still believe they are without infection, if evil can be considered as such. Ofcourse I see it as evil, others see it as good. Theoretically it's all lost now. Wich no one likes to hear but if anyone has arguments I'd be happy to counter.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

well, I guess you've read this book???

The Gods of Eden Mass Market Paperback

by

William Bramley (Author)

Human history is a seemingly endless succession of bloody conflicts and devastating turmoil. Yet, inexplicably, in the light of astonshing intellectual and technological advancement, Man's progress has been halted in one crucial area: he still indulges the primitive beast within andAs a result of seven years of intense research, William Bramley has unconvered the sinister thread that links humanity's darkest events -- from the wars of the ancient pharaohs to the assissination of JFK. In this remarkable, shocking and absolutely compelling work, Bramley presents disturbing evidence of an alien presence on Earth -- extraterrestrial visitors who have conspired to dominate Humankind through violence and chaos since the beginning of time...a conspiracy which continues to this very day.
makes war upon his neighbors.

A fun read to be sure!! But is it true is it fact and proven?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

RUFFREADY

well, I guess you've read this book???

A fun read to be sure!! But is it true is it fact and proven?

I haven't read that book. I am more about the future, the unwritten which might go any direction yet at the same time is bound to certain rules and patterns which on Earth are finite. And probably everywhere else. So most probable once we set out in space we might meet other life out there but because we know 'evil' we are bound to end up with evil aliens. Which means even more warfare so we better prepare for that instead of fighting amonst ourselves is what the point of my thread is.

It's all unproven, not fact, but it might be and that is what we all should prepare for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join