It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents forced to government "education" class, or government punishes children.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

The kids need punishment but by the parents the issue is the parents are the one encouraging the behaviours, the parents are the root cause of problem. For example if Hilter had decent parents who punished him when growing up for being a jerk we may not of had the world wars 1 and 2.

Irresponisble parents are like the majority of cat owners they let their cats out at night to roam and they kill the natural wild life. Parents are the root of the Problem!
edit on 22-2-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

It is time for the government to get the hell out of our lives!!! PERIOD!!

Are you one of the irresponsible parents, was the emotional outburst a subliminal self confession.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by dollukka

The kids need punishment but by the parents the issue is the parents are the one encouraging the behaviours, the parents are the root cause of problem. For example if Hilter had decent parents who punished him when growing up for being a jerk we may not of had the world wars 1 and 2.

Irresponisble parents are like the majority of cat owners they let their cats out at night to roam and they kill the natural wild life. Parents are the root of the Problem!

I believe that you are correct. It all starts with the parents, but no piece of legislation or government mandate will create better parents. Ever.

Side note: Hilter fought in WWI, but did not have a part in starting it.
edit on 22-2-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

A bad plan is better than no plan. Letting bad parents prevail because saying the legislation wont work is no plan.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

A bad plan is better than no plan. Letting bad parents prevail because saying the legislation wont work is no plan.

To some of us....Government meddling into the lives of citizens and how they manage their own families is NO plan. In fact, it's such a non starter, I'd call it worth fighting outright. In court, at least.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Government education class?

What?

This is fascism pure and simple. Indoctrination of the youth.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

To some of us....Government meddling into the lives of citizens and how they manage their own families is NO plan. In fact, it's such a non starter, I'd call it worth fighting outright. In court, at least.

We go find a lawyer in preparation. Your solution is not a solution is an emotional reaction.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You seem to be forgetting the government and psychiatrists stepping in and creating laws as to how parents can legally discipline their children aren't you?

Sure! As a child I grew up getting my ass whooped when I did something wrong, and even then there were parents whom always showed up at school saying their kid did nothing wrong! Shirking responsibility will always be a problem! But the Shrinks and the Government stepping in telling parents that it is wrong to spank their children SURE AS HELL doesn't jive with your opinion that it is JUST the fault of the parents! The same government that is proposing sending parents to classes ALSO have a part of causing this problem!
edit on 22-2-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You seem to be forgetting the government and psychiatrists stepping in and creating laws as to how parents can legally discipline their children aren't you?

You have two choices, you and people come up with a better and workable and effective plan, or the government will roll of their plan for you. If emotional ranting in this thread is what the standard response will be from the population then I say government roll all steam ahead.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Are you one of the irresponsible parents, was the emotional outburst a subliminal self confession.

Why didn't you call me a "racist" while slinging your bit of mud?

Why not address my points of how the psychiatrist and government changed how parents can raise their children?

Agenda?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Nothing emotional about this. It's cold and it's absolute in my mind. There is no room to play and there is no room for Uncle Sam to negotiate a way in. What happens within my 4 walls and within my family is my family's business. No one elses, and absolutely 100% NOT the business of the School district. Oh, not just no...but never.

Government has intruded about as far as I'm willing to tolerate, and I'm in a state of like minded people.....within a region generally like minded with some notable exceptions.

I'm very sorry to hear anyone sees the Government and State as a solution to personal and family issues.

After all, wow, the adoption and foster care system is such a pillar of shining success for values and guidelines I can't see how we could argue on the grounds of wisdom. (/sarcasm)

Emotion is for yelling on picket lines and making noise for cameras. Determination and Resolve is for getting things done. If this were suggested in my district, determined with boundless resolve would describe my courses of legal action and organizing parents to put a flat stop to it. No bones about it.

Principle is more than just the guy running a grade school to some folks...and some is worth fighting for.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Why didn't you call me a "racist" while slinging your bit of mud?

Another self confession?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Nothing emotional about this. It's cold and it's absolute in my mind. There is no room to play and there is no room for Uncle Sam to negotiate a way in. What happens within my 4 walls and within my family is my family's business. No one elses, and absolutely 100% NOT the business of the School district. Oh, not just no...but never.

You appear very emotional. A cup of tea and rest for a few hours will help.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by schuyler

Do you seriously think that forcing terrible parents to attend a government-run class will somehow change them into good parents? And firepiston, do you seriously think crime statistics will go down if these terrible parents attend a class?

Really?????????

emotional reactions are dramatic and don't help solve anything, it depends on how its run

So you trust the government to run it "correctly" according to your vision of how they ought to be run? My examples come from real life here. Yes, peanut butter sandwiches have been considered racist by a district in Oregon.

You really haven't addressed the issue. How will a government-run class turn terrible parents into good ones (no matter what the curriculum is?) What is amazing to me here is that you apparently think that forcing terrible parents into a government class will actually prevent them from turning their little children into bullies "depending on how it's run."

That idea is completely delusional.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Fair enough.

Let me throw this out there for your consideration:

Hitler's parents were very involved with his education and in the end it caused many issues between them. Hitler was insanely intelligent but he would not be forced to conform to "the system" his parents thought was best for him. That forcing had a huge part in the man he later became.

Trying to force our kids (and parents) in to a "system" will not create smarter children and better parents. Each individual is different and we would be better served to have a system that flows with the abilities of each individual.

All we are doing now is creating a system and bureaucracy that just shuffles kids through like a herd of cattle.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

So you trust the government to run it "correctly" according to your vision of how they ought to be run? My examples come from real life here. Yes, peanut butter sandwiches have been considered racist by a district in Oregon.

I tire of people complaining about Government. If you don't like the way they do things engage your local members, you representatives, write to your senator, run for seat on Council. This would be the appropriate way forward as it shows you are genuine and not just a emotional ranting machine.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You appear very emotional. A cup of tea and rest for a few hours will help.

That pretty much says everything we need to know about your replies in this thread! Everyone replying to you is actually putting some thought into their responses to you, and here you are putting out more one liners!

AND YES, THAT REPLY WAS EMOTIONAL!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Hitler's parents were very involved with his education and in the end it caused many issues between them. Hitler was insanely intelligent but he would not be forced to conform to "the system" his parents thought was best for him. That forceing had a huge part in the man he later became

That's like saying its ok to let cats raom at night and kill natural wild life as there is no point in trying to contain their nature.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
In Massachusetts, if a married couple divorces and have children, they are forced to attend classes about helping children cope with the divorce, or the divorce will not be granted. They have to pay for the classes as well.

The classes are a complete waste of time (I've had to attend them twice).

***EDIT***
Directly on topic:
I do NOT think the government should be forcing classes on anyone.
edit on 2/22/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: edit to add

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Journal reveals Hitler's dysfunctional family link
According to Hitlers sister his brother always wanted to be a boss as a child and has bad relationship with the father of the family cos of the way he behaved.
interview with Hitler´s sister
Ther has been much speculations that Hitler might had severe mental disorders

This review suggests that Hitler was a human being afflicted with a variety of deeply d estructive psychological disorders which were experienced in combination and led to the development of a character so disturbed that the beliefs and behaviours he exhibited are easily comprehendible. What is more interesting is how such a deeply disturbed human being was capable of attaining such power and exerting such influence over so many individuals, the vast majority of whom were not afflicted with any kind of psychological pathology yet committed acts of such horror.

Psychology & Society, 2011, Vol. 4 (2) , 58 -­‐ 63 58 A Psycho -­ Historical Analysis of Adolf Hitler PDF: What comes to capability of manipulation of the masses he could have had pathological narcissism.

I think you are a bit off the tracks and comparing Hitler to these bad parents and kids is just way out of the tracks..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join