It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina UFO footage-not a plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Quite astounding, you see a plane in the same sky to compare to. Nothing similar. If its a drone its luminous and move quite a distance, but it seems unlikely. No sign of fakery as far as Im aware

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

well I think its safe to say its not a chinese lantern.
And I don't think its a plane as the clear comparison was made on the video. Its a definite unidentified in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

they could have possibly been drones or remote-controlled toys

I agree with this from your source.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sorry.

STILL a plane.

The obvious plane in 2nd video is at lower altitude in Earth's horizon shadow (sunset) and closer than the one that's being confused for a ufo, that happens to be illuminated by the setting sun which can still be seen at higher altitudes, and can still illuminate objects like flames in a brilliant display of reflected light.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

gortex

they could have possibly been drones or remote-controlled toys

I agree with this from your source.

Yah, I didn't see "it" do anything anomalous.

Which is a conundrum. If it were to have zigged zagged and zipped away at UFO speeds then we'd all cry fake. But if it doesn't do those things then its hard to rule out terrestrial origins.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You may think it's a plane, but you're all forgetting one thing!, just look at my avatar.

Deception.

edit on 21-2-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Sorry.

STILL a plane.
So far, every UFO video I've seen on ATS that says what it's not, is actually telling us what it is. I don't know why this is, maybe someone who posts the video reads the youtube comments saying what it is and they refuse to believe it so they deny it in the thread title? Whatever the reason, it goes like this:

UFO, not a bug: It's a bug
UFO, not lens flare: It's lens flare
UFO, not a plane: It's a plane

Now maybe someone has posted a thread here where they say what it's not and they are actually right, but I have yet to see such a thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Frankly I would go with the drone/toy flyer assumption, it's not a high flying aircraft, and it looked unstable at times/or making a fast manoeuvre as only a toy or drone can do.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
After seeing the second video with the plane flying away I would have to say it was something the plane dropped. Maybe a flare, or a parachutist with some type of reflective devise.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

So far, every UFO video I've seen on ATS that says what it's not, is actually telling us what it is. I don't know why this is, maybe someone who posts the video reads the youtube comments saying what it is and they refuse to believe it so they deny it in the thread title? Whatever the reason, it goes like this:

I agree 100%

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You'd be surprised of how an airplane can appears in photo/video, seen with a blue background sky and with a bright shining sun.
All the examples below are all proven airplane seen under special circumstance and/or photographed/videotaped with special settings. Most of the time, the wings aren't visible.

As for the exact nature of the object seen in OP's video, my best guess would be that of a glider with large white wings reflecting the sun light, and circling around in spirals searching for ascending flow, like in the video below:

Moreover, the quality of the video is very bad with a poor resolution and a strong compression degradation.
edit on 21-2-2014 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2014 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I wish some of these people would switch of autofocus if they can, because on most consumer video cameras it's RUBBISH!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Interesting find. In my opinion, it's too tough due to the distance between the observer to tell exactly what it is for certain. It if were a plane, I don't think it'd be able to cover that much distance, then go back and forth, as it did in the footage. I'm on board with the RC toy / drone explanation on this one.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Autofocus is quite good , the problem is that it tries to find focus over a larger area of whats in the view finder not a pin prick sized object.

edit on 21-2-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

smurfy
Frankly I would go with the drone/toy flyer assumption, it's not a high flying aircraft, and it looked unstable at times/or making a fast manoeuvre as only a toy or drone can do.

I'm with you on this one. Looks like an RC.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That is a beautiful house!!!!

I don`t know living near an airport with the flight path right above you I reckon it`s going to be hard to say it`s an out and out UFO, as in alien space craft.

If you had taken it miles from the nearest airport, airfield, helipad etc it would have been a lot more substantial in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Actually I`m suprised how many people report seeing a cigar shaped UFO, when most commercial airliners, especially looking at your pics, are very much... Cigar shaped!!!!

Especially if most of the time the wings aren`t visable.

:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

UFO, not a bug: It's a bug
UFO, not lens flare: It's lens flare
UFO, not a plane: It's a plane

Now maybe someone has posted a thread here where they say what it's not and they are actually right, but I have yet to see such a thread.

I was hoping the opposite would also be true, but alas...
not a ufo, but real cool
Not a UFO over 2012 Olympic opening ceremony
This is not a UFO photo thread

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It looks like those of us that thought it was an RC drone may well have been correct.

A neighbor 2 streets over happened across it, filmed it and uploaded it to YouTube. He is a self-admitted UFO buff. It somehow got a ton of hits, so the local Fox News interviewed him and did a 2 minute segment! My neighbors told me about it the next day (today). Watching the video I fist tried to figure out roughly where he was and some markers. I located his house. Then drafted lines of sight from his viewing position. It is spot-on my typical flying area! And where it appeared to land was within 1 house length of my driveway. Couldn't help but share with all you guys !
diydrones.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by magicrat

Thanks for making me laugh.

reply to post by gortex

Good find. The phone cam explains the poor quality, but if the guy is a UFO buff, he should probably get something better to shoot his videos with, like something with a good telephoto lens and tripod.

It's always going to be hard to identify dots of a few pixels.

edit on 22-2-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join