It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NASA Astrobiologist claims: evidence of alien life on Mars was destroyed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
look...it is quite possible life is something very easy to develope given an appropriate environment and mars certainly qualified for long enough in th distant past . we don't know. Even from a christian perspective life being ubiquitous in the universe is not especially problematic unless you believe that semi-literate literalsim approach to the bible of would be fundamentalists.

There is no reason God could not set things in motion in genesis vs one and that by willing or speaking it into being He influences natural processes to get to the ends He wants. the words in Genesis have other more rational meanings. e.g; clay in Hebrew can be translated as dirt literal clay or material. "Day" can be and in light of what science tells us probably should be translated as it is in the septegaunt as "ages" or "aeon." The word translated as "rib" actually means "curve" or "helix" in Hebrew. The word translated as "world" also means "region," "kingdom" and "dirt." rather than the planetary meaning normally ascribed to it. Jesus and the apostles often quoted the OT in the new testament and the version the quoted is most often the septegaunt even though it was not widely available at the time of Jesus and the apostles. hellenization was just becoming a thing in the region at that time.

I have no problem with the concept of exo life, or evolution or any other scientific concept or theory well established by observation or experimental evidence. it's kind of hard to explain how if Adam started out as a statue he ended up with DNA 98 percent identical to bobobo chimps and much DNA in comnon with sea slugs and so forth.

Generally I believe that if science and the bible appear to conflict one or the other is misunderstood rather than one or the other is false. of course the caveat is that it is possible that science is incorrect when a theory has little supporting evidence so that would generally apply to newer theories or hypothesis and no things like the antiquity of the universe, the world or evolution.

TLDR; As a Christian I have no problem with life everywhere in the universe. I don't believe in many conspiracies because i believe in Hanlon's Razor.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I have yet to hear one explanation as to why t makes ANY sense for "them" to hide evidence of life elsewhere in the universe. It makes ZERO sense at all. Sorry, but I don't buy it. Nothing would give the Fed a blank check like proof of life elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Arken

wildespace

DrunkYogi
reply to post by Arken

NASA trying to hide the evidence of life in the Solar System and possibly elsewhere. The big question is why? Why are they doing this? I suspect the answer maybe part of a control mechanism.

This indeed doesn't make sense, because any evidence of life in the Solar System would make NASA budget skyrocket and give them amazing publicity and support.

No. Nothing at all.

The "Game" goes Beyond NASA and its poor employees.

The cuts of NASA budget regard only the "official" NASA, nothing can delete the huge budget of the real "Black" Military Space Agencies above NASA and who really rule NASA.

I love the way the conspiracy-minded move the goal posts. It's always ANOTHER conspiracy that you don't see...and which of course makes zero sense at all. It's a shame you can't just enjoy the show and wait for real evidence instead of believing in all these garbage theories about some dark NASA agenda.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
oops. pls delete this post. i accidentally quoted rather than editing the original post as i intended.

edit on 21-2-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: screwed up.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is very very important to all of us.

Why were so many wonderful creatures (extremophiles) not found for so long on Earth? they were always there, they did not just develop! we had the science to see them?

Because it was risking your career to look outside acceptable perimeters for life!

An example of one of the sad ignorances of our best.

Years ago I watched a special history program, it was about a scientist who in investigating this huge deep wonderful valley, in Oregon I believe, he. after many many years of study concluded that the valley was created all in one instant shot.

Now he worked years to get the dating and proof but not only would his colleagues not look and listen, he lost his job and eventually died very poor and sad his Family shamed...this is not an isolated instance of scientists who dare to look beyond accepted perimeters for their specialty!

Now his theory was that an ice dam had formed over a river valley and the water grew behind it into a massive lake. When the thaw came the ice dam collapsed and the monster wave of water mud rock and trees formed the valley.

A few years after he died this came to be an accepted scientifically proved (by his evidence) fact.

We now know this happened in more than one place, all because he took the heat but would not stop!

Science has its flaws.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Arken, I have been following posts on 'possible' Mars rock anomalies, most in my opinon are just interesting shaped rocks; however I thought your 'spine' find was definately worth a up close look by NASA as a good 'possible', which did not happen. Nice find regardless, congrats on that one.

What I have not been able to buy into is that NASA is hiding evidence of life on mars, I have not heard a reasonable argument for that position. In fact it would be a great boost to NASA in many ways, including prestige, more funding, as well as history making in the name of NASA.

But these are just my opinions based on my past experiences of working on the NASA Apollo program as a photogrammist and cartographer. Of couse the Moon and Mars are apples and oranges, but I did view a lot of strange shaped rocks on the moon too.
edit on 21-2-2014 by lunarcartographer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

jaffo
I have yet to hear one explanation as to why t makes ANY sense for "them" to hide evidence of life elsewhere in the universe. It makes ZERO sense at all. Sorry, but I don't buy it. Nothing would give the Fed a blank check like proof of life elsewhere.

Besides E.T. disclosure radically changing the way this world and TPTB losing control over the way we deal with religion, science, government, media, finance, energy, war, travel, pollution, etc., it will make ZERO sense. The only explaination needed is TPTB don't want anyone thinking that something exists or has existed apart from what they have been dictating for millenia.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

But is there such an entity as TPTB, or are they all individuals with their own (and conflicting) interests and agendas? Generalised statements such as yours make about as much sense as NASA hiding ET - none.

How do you think the discovery of some living extraterrestrial microbes, or fissilised primitive organisms, will affect the general public (most of who don't even care about space and space exploration)?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think he's wrong. I'm old enough to have seen a number of "NASA scientist claims alien evidence is suppressed" stories. In all of them it's found they're wrong and more credible people stand up to show HOW they're wrong.

I"m still waiting for that big story, but somehow I think it'll come directly from NASA, not from a random yahoo who supposedly sees what no one else sees. And I'll - with hungry vigor - crave the reaction from the ATS community. Can you imagine how they'll react to NASA not only providing evidence of ET, but not backing out on it? In their mind, NASA can only lie. If NASA comes out and shows a legitimate claim to ET life, it turns their whole world view upside down. I may be in dreamland and it may not happen in my lifetime, but I'd get a laugh out of it.

In all practical reality, they'll probably just find extinct life on Mars or elsewhere nearby. It won't have quite the same taste, but it's better than nothing. The people in this forum will still be seeing aliens in the pictures, unfortunately. It'll take a long long time for them to finally realize NASA is being honest.

I also happen to think SETI will find evidence of ET civilzation. Everybody expects the evidence to be a UFO caught on video, but the sum of the facts show we're far more likely to intercept a communication or something like the waste energies given off by advanced technologies. Now, I may have the details wrong. There's really a world wide effort to detect other civilizations and there're various techniques. Someone somewhere will probably eventually nail a detection. My point is to say it'll be genuine hard science, not a grainy video of a flying saucer.
edit on 21-2-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I have always felt there was life on Mars and that the truth of it has been hidden from the masses. So much truth about our own planet is kept from us so of course life on another planet would definitely be kept from us. I am sure there are very few in the "know" about this and sure here and there little tid bits get out and people argue whether it's rock or not but it does get out there if you ask me.

I have looked at thousands of pictures on Mars and many look very interesting and some are just rocks that look like something extraordinary. I have only ever come across ONE picture that I find of great interest and it is my favorite. I use to show it to people and say it was in Egypt and of course then they thought it was a statue but as soon as I said it was on Mars after they said it was a statue their view changed to "oh it's just rocks."

Spirit Rover Panoramic Sol 513

This is one picture that has always had me going "WTH is that," most of the others I have seen I don't really see anything in them. I love anomalies just as much as the next person but I think many can be explained by natural reasons like pixels and image processing. This could be the same but there has always beens something about this whole picture in general that just seems "off."

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

UnBreakable

jaffo

Besides E.T. disclosure radically changing the way this world and TPTB losing control over the way we deal with religion, science, government, media, finance, energy, war, travel, pollution, etc., it will make ZERO sense. The only explaination needed is TPTB don't want anyone thinking that something exists or has existed apart from what they have been dictating for millenia.

I'm sorry, but your explanation makes no sense. People are already free to believe whatever they want. Proof is not needed for belief. My God, ATS is absolute proof of that fact, lol. How EXACTLY would "they" lose control over religion, war, travel, energy, or ANYTHING ELSE just because proof of life on another planet appears?! Simply saying something does not make it true. Give proof, give a concrete example of how proof of life on another planet would in any way, shape, or form reduce the supposed control of the --scary music here--eeeeeevil powers that be. If anything it would INCREASE their control as they could point to the new threat from the stars and say that they need total free reign to protect the entire planet. Want a one World government? Show the World a threat from the stars, it's just that simple. Sorry, but the whole theory makes no sense and actually flies in the face of reason. Nothing would give "them" more power than being able to show us all conclusively that we need to be protected from a galactic enemy.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

mblahnikluver
reply to post by Arken

I have always felt there was life on Mars and that the truth of it has been hidden from the masses. So much truth about our own planet is kept from us so of course life on another planet would definitely be kept from us. I am sure there are very few in the "know" about this and sure here and there little tid bits get out and people argue whether it's rock or not but it does get out there if you ask me.

I have looked at thousands of pictures on Mars and many look very interesting and some are just rocks that look like something extraordinary. I have only ever come across ONE picture that I find of great interest and it is my favorite. I use to show it to people and say it was in Egypt and of course then they thought it was a statue but as soon as I said it was on Mars after they said it was a statue their view changed to "oh it's just rocks."

Spirit Rover Panoramic Sol 513

This is one picture that has always had me going "WTH is that," most of the others I have seen I don't really see anything in them. I love anomalies just as much as the next person but I think many can be explained by natural reasons like pixels and image processing. This could be the same but there has always beens something about this whole picture in general that just seems "off."

So...to be fair, you completely misled them and caused their natural bias to find something you wanted them to see and then you used that misled "confirmation" as your proof. While I agree it's a neat pic, I disagree that your method confirms anything other than the fact that given the proper incentive and chance, people will always see a pattern or a reflection of what they already know.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

How do you think the discovery of some living extraterrestrial microbes, or fissilised primitive organisms, will affect the general public (most of who don't even care about space and space exploration)?

Because the NEXT STEP is...... Intelligent extraterrestrial LIFE (past or present).... ALIENS!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

wildespace
reply to post by UnBreakable

But is there such an entity as TPTB, or are they all individuals with their own (and conflicting) interests and agendas? Generalised statements such as yours make about as much sense as NASA hiding ET - none.

Lmao...EXACTLY, Evidently it works something like this: News announces NASA finds a fossil on Mars. MASS CHAOS IMMEDIATELY RESULTS!!! Dogs and cats living together!!! Human sacrifices!!! MASS PANIC AND SLAUGHTER!!! TBTB LOSE ALL CONTROL!!!! Because, logic...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Arken
reply to post by wildespace

Because the NEXT STEP is...... Intelligent extraterrestrial LIFE (past or present).... ALIENS!

Aaaaand....so what? How EXACTLY would that disclosure change my life? Or yours? I would do NOTHING different tomorrow if we received an alien communication today. I would get up and go to work--or sleep in a bit, actually since it's Saturday--pay my bills, enjoy time with my wife and dog, and wait to see what we would find next. That's all. I would not lose all faith in humanity or the government or reality or our history or anything else. I would just know something new. That's all.
edit on 21-2-2014 by jaffo because: grammar error

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

People can believe whatever they want? How's that working out for the peons in North Korea?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have some sympathy for NASA. Remember that it was 6 months after CERN recorded particles faster than light that they announced their discovery, they wanted to check and double check. Scientists are by nature, very cautious creatures. It is a fair point by the Op- if you have an interesting rock you don't blast it to bits.

Having a feeling of life on mars (I too believe we will find microbial life) is not the same as proof and certainly not the same as staking your reputation on it. I remember the excitement of the viking lander finding life with one or two of its experiments and thinking that NASA must have specially chosen those experiments to give definitive proof of life on mars.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

UnBreakable
reply to post by jaffo

People can believe whatever they want? How's that working out for the peons in North Korea?

Ah. So now somehow NASA is tied to North Korea? Worst. Strawman. Ever.

edit on 21-2-2014 by jaffo because: accidentally included response in quote

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

How did I mislead them? I didn't tell them to say what they saw. I just said it was on Earth to prove a point which obviously you missed.

I'd say hey look at this cool pic from Egypt and they would all call it a statue. I'd then say it was on Mars and they'd say oh then it's just a rock. Do you not see the point I was making? Obviously not.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarcartographer

Hi there lunarcartographer.

Thanks for your kind words.

You give me the opportunity to explain what I really think of NASA.

I respect all the employees and researchers of the space agency. They are surely smart and skilled in their field.

But, the compartimentalization of the space activities and secrecy is a fact.

This matter is an issue of National Security and any image, data or discovery about something "extraterrestrial" must be censored from who really rule NASA: Military.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join