It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. beats ObamaCare sign-up goal weeks early

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It sucks that you're getting beat up so bad in this thread OP. But let me let you in on a tidbit of information in bullet form:

1. Very few liberals even like ACA. Most liberals are in for a single payer system. To the smart liberals out there a single payer system is preferable to the managed care system or the bailout that is Obamacare. The fact that you feel the need to show up to ATS and pitch Obamacare as some sort of success tells me that you aren't even doing your research on the matter. You are cherry picking information that makes your political bias rest on a better position(Newsflash, it ain't helping). Mind you, I am neither for a single payer system, nor am I for the managed care system that is being replaced by the bailout known as Obamacare for various economic reasons that are off topic for this thread.

2. I have seen thread after thread by you poorly defending policies that have been vastly proven to be failures. Defending government at every turn for policies you'd have likely decried when conservatives were in office. The fact is that you are proselytising political religion on a site that has vastly come to terms with how corrupt such nonsense really is. You continue to defend blanket policies that are not only hurting people financially, but hurting the rights of individuals everywhere by chipping away at the Constitution with every word.

3. At some point you're going to have to do your homework on these matters instead of relying on cherry picked and bias reporting from a media that is in the pocket of "progressive" government stooges on the left and the right. At some point, if it hasn't happened already, whatever bubble you are living in that insulates you from the effects of these policies will pop when the consequences literally start knocking on your door.

I pray that day is sooner than later for you. You are so trapped in this illusion of left vs. right, that you have lost sight of right vs. wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Best response I've seen, well done!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
For inquiring minds...Medicaid Estate Recovery + ACAMedicaid Estate Recovery + ACA

Estate Recovery Medicaid

I've seen several articles and even some msm newscast on the issue. Sign up for Medicaid/know what is happening or could~

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
California? Lemmings.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Bassago
Don't care how many did or didn't sign up but I agree that everyone should have access to healthcare. The thing that should be of great concern is what this is going to do to the state trying to run and support it. Federal subsidies run out December 2014.

Covered California is facing a project budget deficit for Fiscal Year 2015-16. The federal grant put in place to establish the state's health care exchange is set to expire in December. Covered California staff project that the state health care exchange will have a more than $78 million budget deficit in Fiscal Year 2015-16. Covered California, by law, is not allowed to draw from the state’s general fund to cover costs. Link

Hopefully they have a plan that doesn't fleece residents any more than obamacare is already fleecing them.
edit on 323am4646am122014 by Bassago because: add link

Excellent point and one I didn't know about - we'll just have to see what happens....

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

projectvxn
It sucks that you're getting beat up so bad in this thread OP. But let me let you in on a tidbit of information in bullet form:

1. Very few liberals even like ACA. Most liberals are in for a single payer system. To the smart liberals out there a single payer system is preferable to the managed care system or the bailout that is Obamacare. The fact that you feel the need to show up to ATS and pitch Obamacare as some sort of success tells me that you aren't even doing your research on the matter.

I'm not pitching Obamacare. I'm pitching improvement over nothing. I don't like a lot of things about this program at all especially the 'hand-out' aspect to big insurance.

Why I put these things up is to point out, to people with ears, that it isn't the 'abject failure' that is claimed. That some things are going okay.

I dislike this "if it isn't perfect, I don't want it" attitude that's seems to drive detractors. If you have a better interum (to single payer) solution, please tell us and your representatives.

2. I have seen thread after thread by you poorly defending policies that have been vastly proven to be failures.

See above.

I defend the concept of democratic government. In recent decades the USA has moved in a decidly facist direction regardless of the 'party' in power. I'm truly tired of the noise machine yelling "the government's bad....." with only Big Business as an alternate. I will take almost any government over a Corporate War Lord(s) any day.

3. At some point you're going to have to do your homework on these matters instead of relying on cherry picked and bias reporting from a media that is in the pocket of "progressive" government stooges on the left and the right. At some point, if it hasn't happened already, whatever bubble you are living in that insulates you from the effects of these policies will pop when the consequences literally start knocking on your door.

If you don't like what I have to say, then there is no need for you to read it. You know nothing about my situation. It's very personal and real. Very unlike your 'cookie cutter' definitions and attitudes.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by FyreByrd

The system is broken. How would you like it to be fixed?

This is no excuse for doing it the wrong way.

I do agree with your idea. However in a divided country such as the USA to get anything accomplished requires compromise. And compromise makes for poor outcomes. Compromise does allow for going back when a mistake has been made, if enough agree that it is.

Repeatedly, the Affordable Care act has been upheld. It's what we have, it is a fact. You, or I, or millions may not like it for all manner of reasons, but it is the law of the land.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

FyreByrd

butcherguy

This is no excuse for doing it the wrong way.

You, or I, or millions may not like it for all manner of reasons, but it is the law of the land.

Unless part of said law will lose votes in 2014 for dems, or might negatively affect Obamas big union/big business supporters, or just in general make O look bad before he leaves office. Then HE can change the "Law of the Land" as he sees fit.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

True. It's california. I'm a vet. I pay for my own health insurance. My wife is disabled, she's a vet. the government says I have to carry her on my insurance. It's so fair isn't? the organ donors of california get it for FREE and a disabled veteran has to PAY!. That puts a HUGE smile on people like Obama, Michelle and the OP"s face I'm sure. that's cool. I'd rather pay for my wife and my health care than have to go thru the VA. Hey, OP? You want a single payer? try going thru the VA and see how much you still feel that way afterwords. Commies never get it do they ?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't understand how people think that signing EVERYONE up for healthcare is a good idea in this country? The infrastructure isn't there to support this and quite frankly, you will dilute what care there is and people will get worse care because of this.

I cant back it up but its common sense to me at least.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Oh Look ! Californians rushing to Sign Up for the ACA .....Good Luck with that Suckers......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I just love those numbers.

The biggest problem with being on Medicaid/Medi-Cal is there are not enough doctors in calif.

Plus in many small towns you have no Medicaid/Medi-Cal doctors and you have to travel 100+ miles to find one taking patents.

Since many of these low income have no cars the program is of little help for medical treatment until they are so sick its going to cost a lot to the tax payers.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Well, I would start by ending ignorant job killing policies.

Get people working quality jobs.

Get big business out of Wahington, because let's face it, it isn't about peoples health. It is about making/forcing people to pay for a companies product when they can barely afford to support themselves.

We as a country are beyond broke, so why now? Why didn't they implement something when the economy was strong?

A sinking ship is unable to take on a heavier load and stay afloat.

Everyone has been sold a lemon disguised as a rose and people are eating the lemons up.

I have came to the conclusion that there is no solution with the current political arena. Get big business out, and elect straight representatives to help come up with a solution.

Everyone should be able to afford healthcare. Right now people are having a hard time paying the bills.

Wrong time for a wrong policy.

edit on 20-2-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

liejunkie01
Everyone should be able to afford healthcare. Right now people are having a hard time paying the bills.

Exactly! The premiums [$900/mo] they want to charge for my family and I are more than my mortgage and car payment combined!! Luckily, I can self-cover through my home business and write off the penalty [thank you CPA friend]. Best part is, I am now free to join a medical co-op or pay cash for our check-ups, labs, the few rare prescriptions we get, and throw the rest into a medical savings account if the need arises... which it will; we do plan to have another child in a few years. I keep a catastrophe insurance plan in place because the wife and I skydive and incidents can occur, however unlikely. We insure for the "unlikely". This interchangeability of coverage and insurance is misleading. We live and eat well, and we refuse to pay for "Coverage" we will never use.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Repeatedly, the Affordable Care act has been upheld. It's what we have, it is a fact. You, or I, or millions may not like it for all manner of reasons, but it is the law of the land.

Repeatedly, why isn't President Obama enforcing it as written? That one of his main jobs according to the Constitution, enforcing the laws that Congress passes.
It is his legacy legislation, you know.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

California fudges the numbers. They count anyone who has created an account as signed up. They also increased Eligibility of medicare/medicaid so that should be even broker now...

Right now most Americans pay an effective tax rate between 0 and 17%. Countries with single payer pay an effective tax rate between 20 and 45%....

Hmmmm....I think I'd rather have my old free market insurance please, but with tort reform.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Congratulations, they may or may not have gotten signed up. Apparently there aren't any doctors available to go to though.

“Julia Turner is surprised that she even has to search for a doctor. When she signed up for a policy through Covered California late last year, her long-time physician was listed as participating in her Blue Shield plan,” the report states. “When she tried to make an appointment last week, however, he told her he was not accepting patients with her Blue Shield policy, purchased on the Covered California exchange.”

For some, Covered California only has about four doctors in its network. Only one of those doctors is Board certified and they’re all located in East Oakland, Calif., according to a shocking new report from KPIX-TV.

Future of Healthcare in California

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Why are we talking about coverage, and not the disproportionately inflated cost of healthcare?

Why would a CT scan get billed for $1,200 in one town, and $12,000 in the next town? When it only cost each hospital $120....

Why can a Pharm company charge $83,000 for a cancer medication that cost them $300 to produce? A medication that barely even works, but doctors prescribe it because it's illegal to treat cancer with anything other than Chemo, Surgery, and FDA approved Meds. (don't bother finding the cure, they will bury you)

Why did cancer affect 1 in 16 about 100 years ago, and now it's near 1 in 2?

Stop giving in to the misdirection of the media. The corruption runs deep everywhere money is being made. LOL you're all on here bickering about partisan BS......

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Another thread of cherry-picked information to support this progressive agenda...

Thehill.com? REALLY? And THIS is a source of valid information???
Propaganda I say! The full-court press by the Obamalovers is on!

I do NOT applaud the OP, but I must applaud all those that have offered truthful information to debunk this travesty of justice presented by the OP as a 'good thing'.

/rant off

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

Yep , time to get out the Shovels , this Thread is Reeking of .........

i297.photobucket.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join