It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Alerts Airlines to Possible Shoe-Bomb Threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That ole (black ops)magics got me out of its spell
That black ops magic that they wove so well....
It worked for a while but time did tell
That terrorists were mostly a black ops shell................
Now bring on Blue Beam!
We need a change of venue!
Scare us with the aliens oh please!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

stirling
That ole (black ops)magics got me out of its spell
That black ops magic that they wove so well....
It worked for a while but time did tell
That terrorists were mostly a black ops shell................
Now bring on Blue Beam!
We need a change of venue!
Scare us with the aliens oh please!

no, no, no....you sir, are an idiot...

the next, most logical step is ALIEN TERRORISTS! with TENTACLE BOMBS! /humor

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Bigburgh
Gosh. Maybe its just that I'm overly apathetic/jaded on the matter anymore.
If they have done the leg work and actually come up with a source that validates the threat. Then good job I say. Keep up with all the Intel gathering/Eve dropping of cell phones and body searches at the airport etc etc....I sure as heck don't want to see people get hurt or die.

But it's starting to feel sometimes these "Threat Warning's" are becoming more of a need to put it out there to the public to justify the budget and tactics. Even if there was never actually a threat.

How come every time the warnings come up. They just don't come out and say by whom. Just call them extremist. No positive I.D. and where they are located. And documentation by the extremist citing so.
I know I know..as the old thing goes...." In a perfect world ".
So I guess it really is best to say out loud that we know that you know....

edit on 19-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Maybe some higher up TSA person decided that the lines were getting too efficient and he/she remembered back to a time when mandatory shoe removal and scanning was in full force and how it slowed the lines a bit and just made travel that much more fun for all of us. Or, quite possibly, they have just discovered that those big fancy scanners that you walk into at a lot of the airports aren't really effective at detecting a shoe laden with mischievous party favors.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
what was his name ....chertoff.....
they prolly have a new big budget x ray machine they need to justify

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

au contrare mon frere
when they aliens get here and see we have all the defending rockets cannons and bombs pointing inward towards the castle courtyard they are going to give us a wiiiiiiddddee berth...

a little patience and they will be able to take over with having to spend a dime on bullets of their own

edit on 19-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

What about the " Toe Nail Bombers " ? What are Goverments doing to Protect us from them ? Geez , I'd give up All my Constitutional Rights to be Safe from them ! .....

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Danbones
what was his name ....chertoff.....
they prolly have a new big budget x ray machine they need to justify

Maybe the joke really is on all of the travelers. It is possible that the big fancy machines just have lights and puffs of air controlled by some TSA member in a monitoring station and they just look at a camera of the person in there and push a button or two to signal to the TSA agents which person they want to ogle, humiliate, embarrass, play games with or whatever. How do we know the machines even work?
edit on 19-2-2014 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

not to mention the Kansas city bombers....
searching Raquel would be a dream job

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

we know they work at least to the extent they got that famous soccer player to sign his naked scan...and we are still not sure just what data bases the kiddy pix are stored

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If there was really a threat, wouldn't they just tell the airlines and TSA to be on the lookout? - and keep it on the down low? Why the announcement to the world and ^cough^ the actual bomber - who now has to take his bomb out of his shoes and put it in his underwear!

Now, let's try to determine why they feel the need to ratchet up the fear level at this time. Distraction from what? Or just general good PR for the existence of NSA and TSA.
edit on 19-2-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

True, but just because it can take freaky photos doesn't mean it can really sniff the air and detect however many different chemical compounds in that short of a time. I don't worry though, I wear a bit of Old Spice whenever I go travelling and I'm pretty sure it does the sniffer in.
btw: If you've ever flown next to an Old Spice man, I apologize for that.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Maluhia
If there was really a threat, wouldn't they just tell the airlines and TSA to be on the lookout? - and keep it on the down low? Why the announcement to the world and ^cough^ the actual bomber - who now has to take his bomb out of his shoes and put it in his underwear!

Now, let's try to determine why they feel the need to ratchet up the fear level at this time. Distraction from what? Or just general good PR for the existence of NSA and TSA.
edit on 19-2-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

This is a great point. Like I said let them know we know. But agreed why scare the public that is already afraid of engine or wing failure...
I'm not saying to let the terrorist make a move first that may go right for them and bring down a plane. It should never get to that point.
But by informing the public. This allows a heads up that passengers are to expect more groping..it's warranted. Or its to simply justify the budget at hand.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Danbones
reply to post by Daedalus

au contrare mon frere
when they aliens get here and see we have all the defending rockets cannons and bombs pointing inward towards the castle courtyard they are going to give us a wiiiiiiddddee berth...

a little patience and they will be able to take over with having to spend a dime on bullets of their own

oh, i'm sure that'd be the case in reality....but that doesn't keep us afraid all the time, and willing to piss away our rights, so we can be "safe"

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
At least they only listed the threat as moderate. That's progress. I think most are more at risk of being shot by some angry teenager than getting bombed by a foreigner but of course most US citizens aren't flying in and out of the ME. It's always going to be a risk - but I'm glad to see they've toned down the scare tactics. Keep it calm and put it into perspective. And shoes....really? Doesn't everyone in the world know by now all shoes are checked? Not a very bright bunch on this attempt.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What a stupid warning.

They may as well just stick up a sign that says "watch out for baddies"

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

jude11
reply to post by WCmutant

"The Department"

"Several officials"

"very recent intelligence"

"considered credible"

"another official"

Something concrete from someone with a name would be a welcome change.

So easy to say something without saying anything...as usual.

Peace

Exactly. Lately, I've noticed they have even been relying on social media for the news quoting Twitter and Facebook from people allegedly 'on the scene' or 'in the know.' And if it's such a security issue, why issue a public announcement? Wouldn't the shoe bomber (
then be on the alert to perhaps hide the weapon in his glove???

but if there are no terrorists, we don't need them to protect us, now do we?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Shoes, toothpaste, breast implants ... a year or so and they will have to cut you open to be sure you can fly ..

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Wouldnt it be more effective for the criminal masterminds behind this grand plan to target a shoestore?
.From kamikaze pilots to shoe bombing ,Really?

?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join