It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amber Alert

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As awful as the events have turned out to be, I just wanted to say huge props to you Randy for caring enough to use a springboard like ATS to get the message out there to look for this (then presumed still) missing girl.

It goes to show that there are still people in this world that care

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by seeker1963

This individual will meet an appropriate end in prison.
If I know anything about life, it is this. Very crushing.
I can't imagine this kind of disturbance in the souls of
those who loved her. It's almost to much for me.

In most cases,that isn't true unfortunately. Child molesters and killers have their own area of the prison where they stay due to the threats and attempts on them by other inmates.I really wish they would throw them out into the general prison population and let them see what its like.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

He should be left alone in a cell with that female craigslist killer that claims to have killed 22 men. Or, put in general population with her name tattooed on his forehead. Either way, tax dollars will be saved.
edit on 19-2-2014 by captb13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by captb13

I was very interested in being a cop when I was a kid.
By the time I was eighteen I was over that. Different
reasons for the head change. But the first one was
because I realised I would have no control over myself
in the presence of such an individual. I don't really
even understand how cops can keep from just taking
people like this out. Immediately.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wheres Dexter when you need him...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This is simply sickening. And from my own state! Ugh. This guy deserves the death penalty, no ifs, ands, or buts. I feel bad for the people that witnessed the kidnapping but at least one tried to chase him down!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This just turns my stomach...

RIP Hailey.
edit on 20-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Some of the newer info coming out shows that people in the area who witnessed the incident actively tried to intervene. They started yelling at the girl to get away from the guy / vehicle.

One of the bystanders actually got in his vehicle and a mini chase started through the city, with the suspect eventually losing the guy who was chasing him. The intervention by the bystanders is what led the police to the suspect. They were able to get a vehicle description, a license plate number and a description of the suspect.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The people who witnessed this kidnapping will be traumatized for life. Reminds me of Jaycee Dugard's stepfather, he witnessed her abduction but no one believed him. I think I read he tried to chase after them on a bike.

After Jaycee was discovered LE found the car her stepdad identified on blocks in the back yard. He'd gotten it right but it took years to exonerate him/find Jaycee. The probation department seriously dropped the ball in that case. Wonder what their punishment was?

These maniacs don't just victimize children they victimize all of society. They're a cancer that eats the life out of everyone and our way of life. No one gets out alive.

I imagine those left to pick up the pieces are never the same. I really can't think of another crime that damages so many yet the criminals get special treatment, house arrest, probation, sex abuser registration...blah blah blah.

I'm waiting for the day when witnesses routinely catch these bastards, turn into an angry mob and tear em up. Some already have but it's going to take lots more, on a much grander scale. People are sick of this crap, they're watching closely and aren't afraid to act.

Barbaric, yes but if our courts/penal system actually did their job the average Joe/Jane wouldn't be so disgusted/angry. People wouldn't feel the need to intervene. The judicial system has to start protecting children, not the pedo. Imo no jury will ever convict law abiding citizens for ending the life of pedos caught in the act.

Maybe the threat of an angry mob isn't a deterrent but it could give the system the kick in the ass it needs. Pedos know they're going to get pampered in prison. They're huge cowards to begin with, that's why they pick on kids. Their only punishment is to be coddled in prison at our expense, no worries for them. How is that even close to anything that resembles justice? It's a bad joke, a slap in society's face and imo a war on children as well as society.

A series of barbaric acts by otherwise law abiding citizens that actually saves children will cause a shift in attitude. Courts better clean up their act or people could feel empowered. Things could get messy in the courtroom when people turn their anger on the real perps, judges/courts and a penal system that facilitate these maniacs.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wow...

'Innocent til proven guilty' does not live in the minds of this thread.

And if proven guilty, let's, by all means, sink to his level and relish in the gruesome destruction of a fellow human being.

I feel enlightenment coming on...

(And for those of you thinking 'this monster is no human being', actually, he is. He was most likely an abused child himself. )

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

I agree, if this the guy that did it, then he deserves whatever, if not, an innocent man is killed.
People here are FAST to bring out the pitchforks and torches

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by HomerinNC

You two are the ones who seem to quick in pervo's defense.
if there was the slightest reason to doubt the guilt of Mr. Coward ass
pedo child murderer. I would be using some discretion. if I were speaking
of a POSSIBLE SUSPECT? According to the multiple witness account of the
events that unfolded in regards to the abduction, of this obviously innocent
and precious example, of what all the kids of this world are! He's not a suspect,
he"s the perpetrator. When witnesses point their finger and say that's the guy?
Then in my mind he's guilty before and after the trial. So wave your banner of
opportunistic self righteousness some where else.

Before I use it for toilet paper and sew it on your favorite jacket.

How dare you?
edit on 21-2-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Because it has HAPPENED IN THE PAST?
Ever hear of something called THE INNOCENCE PROJECT???

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

HomerinNC

I agree, if this the guy that did it, then he deserves whatever, if not, an innocent man is killed.
People here are FAST to bring out the pitchforks and torches

There really is no doubt of whether he did this or not. Between the witnesses to the incident from start to finish to the civilian giving chase in his vehicle, to the police confronting the suspect who was in his truck parked in his driveway with duck tape in his hand, the body in 2 trash bags placed inside a plastic bin in the guys basement, gunshot to the head....

As I stated before, forensics will determine if the guy gets a needle in his arm or life in prison with no parole.

Had this incident occurred in Texas, where if so many people witness a felony, the death penalty is pretty much a guarantee, the death penalty would be on the table.

The law enforcement response was actually very good as well. There were on scene within a few minutes and began processing information / evidence.

For those wondering about Amber Alerts in MO -
In order for an Amber Alert to be issued (criteria established by Missouri Highway Patrol / DPS) it must meet certain criteria.
Namely suspect description / vehicle description are at the top of that list. If not all criteria is met, it cannot be issued as an Amber Alert. MO does have regional alert systems and any law enforcement agency can place a missing person description / alert thru their dispatch centers (sends out a message to other law enforcement of the abduction and details). Amber Alerts by far get the most attention.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thank you Cath for all your help with this thread. It was really just a whim of
effort to bring a little girl home no matter the out come. I obviously suck at
covering this type of horror and appreciate your fact finding and others as well.

Because it has HAPPENED IN THE PAST?
Ever hear of something called THE INNOCENCE PROJECT???

Your position is understood perfectlly as irrelevant. And considering you make not
one comment of respect to the victim or her family. I find it offensive, pompus and
self righteous. Not to mention that the innocense of others is insulted as well
qs being off topic here. In the face of absolute vile guilt. I urge you, show some
humanity and get a grip on your manners. Because being polite and using good
manners is the best defense against an ass chew'n.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

There really is no doubt of whether he did this or not. Between the witnesses to the incident from start to finish to the civilian giving chase in his vehicle, to the police confronting the suspect who was in his truck parked in his driveway with duck tape in his hand, the body in 2 trash bags placed inside a plastic bin in the guys basement, gunshot to the head....

This I didnt hear all about. When I made my statement, this wasnt posted. If the caught him in the act, then let him be put in a room with the parents and families of this child, he wont walk out alive.
I still stand by my original statement I made earlier: Innocent til proven guilty
If you dont believe in that, maybe you should relocate to a country that practices GUILTY TIL PROVEN INNOCENT

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I live in the Springfield area so coverage here is a bit more in-depth than other media outlets.

For what it is worth, I agree with the other poster about your effort to post this info. Not many people would do something like this, so props for that.

It reaffirms my faith in humanity that there are still people out there wanting to do something good / assist in any way they can. A rare quality in todays day and age.

Thank you for the reminder..

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

There seems to be a disconnect with local media reports and nationwide media reporting. The info you quoted from me apparently is not filtering to the national level. While I agree that the guy is innocent until proven guilty, based on the info to date I don't think the prosecuting attorney is going to find it hard to get a conviction on this guy with all the evidence to date.

Its one of the reason I've stated it will be up to forensics to determine if its a needle or life without parole.

As for the comment about where I should move to.. I do law enforcement for a living so im not really sure I need to be lectured on, well anything, related to that area - respectfully.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

the moving coment wasnt directed at you, i was talking about in general to anyone that wants to jump the gun on things on innocence and guilt sorry

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

HomerinNC

the moving coment wasnt directed at you, i was talking about in general to anyone that wants to jump the gun on things on innocence and guilt sorry

Fair enough.. no worries.

Typed text can be difficult at times to get tone / intent across correctly.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join