It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LORD JEsus enlightens.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh look, yet another bible thumper from to preach to internet heathens. How original.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Puzzle, all you do is making yourself sad. I do not want you to. Enlightenment is to realise the confusion and having gained the strenght to overcome said. Many realise yet don't have the power to accomplish to take the so important stand.

I can only continue asking to pray to LORD Jesus for all of humanity to become affectionate, strong and happy, just for yourself to gain the strenght to deal with the upcoming days to reach the life Jesus will promise you.

I do not need to take any insults any longer when they come from people who are in essence good. Please realise what you say.

Why don't you get a life and grow up? Why don't you realise that you're #ed up? Why critisise what you don't understand? Why change my words, you're so afraid? You think you have the right to put me down? Propaganda hides your scum. Face to face you don't have a word to say. You got in my way, now you have to pay! Don't, don't believe what you read. Don't, don't believe what you see.

These are the words from the song I posted.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
People who aren't alive are incapable of doing anything, let alone enlighten.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

nixie_nox
Oh look, yet another bible thumper from to preach to internet heathens. How original.

I'm going to cut this youngster a little slack and just chalk it up to adolescent confusion.

However between the right wing conservatives and the fundamentalist Christians; ATS has taken on a surreal complexion and attitude.

Praise Bob

www.subgenius.com...
edit on 17-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

nixie_nox

This is about Religion, faith and theology. Did you end up in the wrong forum?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In this literature group I joined, there is someone else, it is actually the person who's choice was to read this book "Siddharta". He wanted us to read it together and then debate the things in it, just to become wiser.

We are doing great in the group.

He said: "An enlightened person desires for others to attain what he himself attained, for he knows it is good"

I'm not boasting here, it takes a humble person (an enlightened one is humble) for others to attain his experience.

There is no enlightenment without LORD Jesus. Aren't buddhist munks praying? You all praise buddhism so high, yet any form of religion you find in it you deny. Is that what is called Western Buddhism? It's not even worth the term Buddhism then anymore.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

In this literature group I joined, there is someone else, it is actually the person who's choice was to read this book "Siddharta".
He wanted us to read it together and then debate the things in it, just to become wiser. We are doing great in the group.
He said: "An enlightened person desires for others to attain what he himself attained, for he knows it is good"

So does Hesse's book now have something to do with this thread? Earlier you said it was just mentioned to provide content to an OP that would have been empty since all you wanted to say was in the title...

Aren't buddhist munks praying?

Try:
"Aren't Buddhist Monks meditating?"

You act like they are praying to (as you write) "LORD Jesus".
edit on 2/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

1. Do you claim monks don't pray?

2. If somebody talks about prayers, by whom are they heard?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

So now you preach at me rather than have a ratioal conversation?

Read back through what I wrote, I don't ever actually "put you down".

I may have been a little condescending at times... and for that I apologise... but only when you blatantly ignore my questions, and parrot "propoganda" that I have heard from many religious people throughout the ages.

I would happily do this face-to-face, it just so happens that a forum is the medium we are currently using.

All I really did was ask some questions... you interpreted that as an attack.

I am the same as everyone else... I am just searching for answers to rationalise a largely irrational world.

I may or may not succeed, though success isn't actually important, it is the journey that is important.

No need for Jesus to validate me, I am content with myself.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

oktopus
reply to post by Chamberf=6

1. Do you claim monks don't pray?

2. If somebody talks about prayers, by whom are they heard?

Buddhist prayer is a practice to awaken our inherent inner capacities of strength, compassion and wisdom rather than to petition external forces based on fear, idolizing, and worldly and/or heavenly gain. Buddhist prayer is a form of meditation; it is a practice of inner reconditioning.

What's more, it can a function as a form of self-talking or self-therapy in which one mentally talks through a problem, or talks through it aloud, in the hope that some new insight will come or a better decision can be made.

www.bffct.net...

They are heard by themselves (or inner self).
No God or LORD Jesus is mentioned.
edit on 2/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

puzzlesphere
reply to post by oktopus

I am the same as everyone else... I am just searching for answers to rationalise a largely irrational world.

I may or may not succeed, though success isn't actually important, it is the journey that is important.

No need for Jesus to validate me, I am content with myself.

I tell you, rationalising will be your destruction, you need to deal with the world, the world you meet every day. With this I do not mean the illusive discouraging image people make about the world. People are confused. People need to wake up, go for bread and realise that is the world they live in.

Small and narrow is the gate that leads to life, and broad the road to destruction.

To take you on your words. How will you ever manage to rationlise in irrational world? Noone will ever succeed that way. Ofcourse succes isn't important that way, for that way there is no succes, only destruction. Sarcasm: A very important journey..

The choice is yours. Live, or become destroyed.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

Yep, and what is your point? I'm not saying you don't have any!!
edit on 17-2-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Seek for the moment, then you will have no past for others to ridicule. The moment is the Word.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

oktopus

Chamberf=6

Yep, and what is your point? I'm not saying you don't have any!!
edit on 17-2-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

Are you purposely being obtuse?? Or are you easily distracted? I'm asking seriously.

My entire post you took that quote from was in response to you asking about Buddhists.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

I'm not boasting here, it takes a humble person (an enlightened one is humble) for others to attain his experience.

That's narcissism, not humility.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

You really are acting "holier than thou", which is against the teachings that you ascribe to.

"Jesus enlightens" is also a form of rationalisation, just one where you have handed off the effort of self-rationalisation.

You are essentially just repeating arguments that have been rationalised by someone else.

Go read some philosophy... Hegel, Paul Davies... One of my favorites, Descartes.

They outline these points you are raising much better than any institutionalised religion... And also promote critical thinking... Something you seem to be avoiding.

edit on 17-2-2014 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

What does this story about Siddhartha have to do with whether or not Jesus enlightens?
How does these two connect and what point are you trying to make?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In his own words he said:

I said the title to be my simple claim.
Then I started about the book, which turns out being read by a member here who started reading it a few days ago.
I mentioned the book to get some content in my threads, for what most do is providing false accusations, lies and insults.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So it seems (at least originally) he mentioned the book for it to be "filler" for what would be an otherwise pointless OP just repeating the thread title.

Turns out the OP is still pointless.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by oktopus

Wait, wait...

You're using Sepultura to make a point about your Christianity?

With most of their lyrics like this song of theirs (Necromancer):
"Catch the skulls of a children, frozen and dismal
Coming with me
Creature, kill in name of Hell
The black mess is started, life's will terminate
With the wrath of the demons started the genocide
Wrath, in my corpus is born
Death, lost legions from Hell
Slaughter, you'll see in sacrifice
Skulls, are christians with blood"

I still don't understand.

you just had to pick the one song from a 30 year old EP that had lyrics written by the original singer. Ironically Wagner is now an economist in Brazil where Sepultura hails from. He teaches at -en.wikipedia.org...

Though admittedly its nowhere near as ironic as using a band whose name means grave in its native language to make some non sequitur regarding Christianity.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

oktopus
Puzzle, all you do is making yourself sad. I do not want you to. Enlightenment is to realise the confusion and having gained the strenght to overcome said. Many realise yet don't have the power to accomplish to take the so important stand.

I completely agree. the only difference is I would offer that very advice to you and every other silly pants trotting around with their very own plastic Jesus telling others what will enlighten them. Jesus can't be terribly enlightening if you're reading about the Buddha. Though going by your first couple of posts I don't think you have a clue what the book is about which makes the entire premise of this thread that much more amusing. Keep em coming, it's been a crappy day!
edit on 17-2-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join