It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Rotation Drags Time And Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
what do you guy's think of this ?
space and time folding around earth

here is my source of information i dont know how reliable it is but they say NASA said it so ...

link to more information

E_T

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Of course every object drags/warps spacetime.
Amount of warping just depends on objects mass, so logically one caused by earth is very small.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
NASA actually have a satellite orbiting earh at the moment with the most perfect spheres ever created by man to study the effect and distortion of time and space arond the earth as it moves. The results from this experiment may take another 5-10 years to be fully relised and released in the major public eye through media sources, tho if you log onto NASA's own website you can do a search for current missions and the results they are gathring so far. I wish I had a link, I'll try to find 1 for you my friend:>
peace out

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well, the theory is not all that stupid.
I agree that earth and other spacial objects has some impact on their close environment. In this case even "empty space".

This is not a new theory either. We have for a very long time known that light bends if an spacial object passes infront of the lightsource, because of the gravity of the object. If light is being afflicted, why not everything else too.

The concept of time is a bit harder to phatom, IF you consider time as a static "thing". But time is definitively floating.

What this article is saying, is actually only this: Ohhh, our satelites are being dragged towards earth! My oh my, could it be because of gravity? -Doh!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
or it could be because the earth is moving outwards further away from the sun

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Whatever "they" are calculating, I guess the answer will be... ...1.
As in X m/s ...something... equals 1G.
Costly business this NASA (naysay)-stuff...

What are they trying to figure out? how much spacerubble is sucked back into atmosphere after a rocketlaunch? The timeratio of satelites droppingout of the sky? How soon Earth draws the Sun into orbit? (sarcasm). Remember these republican american evangelists still believe earth is the center of space. And don't think something else, that would be looked upon as heresy.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexygeek
or it could be because the earth is moving outwards further away from the sun

Or what could be because the Earth is moving away from the Sun? The Earth does move away from the Sun, but at a miniscule rate per year. It happens a few things, mainly the effects of the solar wind pushing on Earth and as the Sun loses mass from its own fusion of chemicals and solar wind its gravitation decreases.

Originally posted by Ulvetann
What are they trying to figure out? how much spacerubble is sucked back into atmosphere after a rocketlaunch? The timeratio of satelites droppingout of the sky?

GRACE stands for Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment. The mission synopsis says:

The gravity field of the Earth is variable in both space and time, and is an integral constraint on the mean and time variable mass distribution in the Earth. The science data from GRACE mission will be used to estimate global models for the mean and time variable Earth gravity field approximately every 30 days for the 5 year lifetime of the mission. The science data from GRACE mission consists of the inter-satellite range change measurements, and the accelerometer, GPS and attitude measurements from each satellite.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

GRACE stands for Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment. The mission synopsis says:

The gravity field of the Earth is variable in both space and time, and is an integral constraint on the mean and time variable mass distribution in the Earth. The science data from GRACE mission will be used to estimate global models for the mean and time variable Earth gravity field approximately every 30 days for the 5 year lifetime of the mission. The science data from GRACE mission consists of the inter-satellite range change measurements, and the accelerometer, GPS and attitude measurements from each satellite.

Aha. They are trying to improve the military GPS systems then.
They have figured out their preciseness varies, and want to calculate in some frigging calculations and something...

new topics

top topics

join